Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

If she's going to make fun of Colin's character, she could at least give him the courtesy of spelling his last name correctly.

Edit: Similar minds, YaddaYadda.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 4

I know that approximately 800 million people love Captain Swan but can we all admit that while the charismatic Colin Donaghue is the best, Hook as a character is almost unbearable?

*watches Hook's jaw work during CS kiss*

No.

Edited by FierceAfroChick
  • Love 6

Someone who stans Regina as much as she does has little room to be calling any other character "almost unbearable", especially when it comes to this particular episode. 

Also, the context behind that quote is completely "WTF? Where are you getting THAT from?"  I can't believe I'm saying this, but to anyone who doesn't get it, read the review for yourselves.  There are no words.  Though it's certainly not the first time Lily has looked waaay too deeply into things and translated them into some gender politics issue.

ETA: Actually, there are some words.  Lily, if Hook was being turned off by a woman being sexually aggressive, then please explain his reaction to Emma forcefully kissing him back in 3x05, or even better, her pinning him down on a freaking BED just a few episodes ago in 4x22? This has nothing to do with female sexuality and everything to do with Emma not being the woman he loves.  If he was to respond positively to her now, he'd be as skeevy as Gold was with Lacey.  

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 13

That sentence doesn't even make sense. If 800 million people love Captain Swan, why would they agree that they don't like Hook? Does she think most shippers are like SQers, and ship their fave with a character they can't stand?

I'm pretty entertained by the idea that Hook is turned off by aggressive female sexuality. Sure. The best part is I'm 100% sure if he had stayed with her, she would have called him a rapist. Actually, I bet if you go back and read some of her old "reviews", she has 100% called him a rapist for kissing and/or expressing interest in Emma before.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 11

^ wasn't Milah portrayed with an aggressive/confident/headstrong attitude (granted we never saw her and Hook kissing), and he was with her for how many years? 7? 8? So her words make no sense. He had a problem with Emma being, you know, evil (which just isn't her), not her aggressiveness.

• Love 6

If he is in Emma's space he's a rapist. If he refuses to kiss someone he knows is not being themselves then it means he doesn't enjoy aggressive women? Like others have said she'd be calling Hook a rapist like the other people who clearly need to research what a rapist actually is.

As for 800 million people shipping Captain Swan but hating Hook? Sounds fake but whatever.

• Love 5
please explain his reaction to Emma forcefully kissing him back in 3x05, or even better, her pinning him down on a freaking BED just a few episodes ago in 4x22? This has nothing to do with female sexuality and everything to do with Emma not being the woman he loves.

Both past and current versions of himself were very interested in an aggressive Emma in the season 3 finale as well.

• Love 5

Yes.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Irvine, CA - ICON HEROES LLC is proud to announce it has entered into an agreement with ABC Studios to create a new series of collectibles based on the hit ABC television series, “Once Upon a Time.”

Focusing on the show’s core characters, the line will feature fully articulated, six-inch scale action figures with an emphasis on the detail ICON HEROES is known for. “It’s an extremely exciting opportunity,” said Pat Wang, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Icon Heroes. “I’m a huge fan of the show, so partnering with ABC to bring these reimagined classic fairy tale characters to life in action figure form, is a dream come true.”

The first wave of figures is due Spring 2016, and will be available through online, mass market, and specialty comic and hobby retailers. Stay tuned for updates at www.iconheroes.com.

I find it crazy that all these high placed people in companies, business owners are marketing the show in their own way because they love Once. I think it's great. Is ABC making money off this latest thing? I'd think they are.

I find it crazy that all these high placed people in companies, business owners are marketing the show in their own way because they love Once. I think it's great. Is ABC making money off this latest thing? I'd think they are.

Definitely. They're licensing the characters so I'm guessing the company is paying them some fee or some percentage of the sales. Same with the Funko Pops, I'd guess. 

Definitely. They're licensing the characters so I'm guessing the company is paying them some fee or some percentage of the sales. Same with the Funko Pops, I'd guess. 

That reminds me, I ended up getting my Hook and Emma Funko Pops at Hot Topic this past weekend. From the way they were stacked on the shelf, it looked like other customers had picked up a few of the Once characters that day. Hope they sell well.

That reminds me, I ended up getting my Hook and Emma Funko Pops at Hot Topic this past weekend. From the way they were stacked on the shelf, it looked like other customers had picked up a few of the Once characters that day. Hope they sell well.

I got my Hook Funko Pop doll yesterday from Amazon Emma is arriving today..

I'm cranky. I preordered my Hook Funko from Amazon in July & it hasn't shipped yet.

Mine shipped on saturday from Amazon got it yesterday and they shipped Emma yesterday and she arrived today. I also placed my order in July.

• Love 1

I really want mine, but I couldn't justify spending more for the shipping than for the toys, which would happen if I ordered from an American store :( waiting for them to come to an Amazon that's at least on my continent.

I'm really looking forward to a Hook action figure that actually resembles the character. The Spike figure I've got is very well done. Not loving the Funko versions. Think I'll save my money. 

Backing up a little - I used to read Lily's recaps and found them amusing at first. Had to give that up when the SQ madness really took hold. It was bad for my blood pressure. Doesn't surprise me she'd refer to Hook as "almost unbearable." What more could you expect from a Regina fan? It's all Bizzaro World for them: up is down, black is white, Regina's the Greatest, etc. 

Jennifer will be on EW live (SiriusXM)radio sometime today. They are airing their News & Notes Show live from NY Comic Con. The bad thing is that they know absolutely nothing about Once. 

Edited by mtsmvfn

Are we finally going to get Colin in a kilt?? Someone please guilt him into it!!

Self-quoting to say, Colin just took pity on us. haha. Yay!! Today was perfect. Lots of spoilers, Colin in a kilt. No work got done...

Edited by Rumsy4

Well, THAT was certainly worth the wait. God, I just really, really love that black pirate shirt of his. It's the most important, yet useless piece of clothing he's got. Anyone else think he looks like a tired puppy? Looks like he's worked a long day. The dweeb is probably dead on his feet, but nope! Gotta post this vid of me twirling in a kilt first! Brilliant. Take that, Sam Heughan!

Edited by Lieutenant
  • Love 8

Backing up a little - I used to read Lily's recaps and found them amusing at first. Had to give that up when the SQ madness really took hold. It was bad for my blood pressure. Doesn't surprise me she'd refer to Hook as "almost unbearable." What more could you expect from a Regina fan? It's all Bizzaro World for them: up is down, black is white, Regina's the Greatest, etc.

She was at it again in the recap for the recent episode, shoehorning in a "look how much better and clearly more canon SQ is than CS" even when the moment really didn't call for it.

Also, she's had a hate-on for the Charmings since Season 1 (you know, BEFORE they were derailed to the point where hating them became understandable), and also routinely hated and insulted Emma until she became a SQ shipper. That's a recurring theme when it comes to SQ shippers...they don't care about Emma, they only care about how she can pleasure Regina.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 7
Mathius, on 12 Oct 2015 - 3:58 PM, said:Mathius, on 12 Oct 2015 - 3:58 PM, said:

She was at it again in the recap for the recent episode, shoehorning in a "look how much better and clearly more canon SQ is than CS" even when the moment really didn't call for it.

Also, she's had a hate-on for the Charmings since Season 1 (you know, BEFORE they were derailed to the point where hating them became understandable), and also routinely hated and insulted Emma until she became a SQ shipper. That's a recurring theme when it comes to SQ shippers...they don't care about Emma, they only care about how she can pleasure Regina.

It's really sad, and kinda scary too, seeing people so, so deeply in denial. A & E have said that SQ ain't never gonna be canon. In some ways it would be laughable if it weren't so enraging. Of course, I've never seen any of them go after Robin (doesn't mean they haven't) b/c he's mostly just one of Regina's props. I think Hook's mere presence is such a threat to them b/c they know deep down that their delusion is just that, a delusion.

Hook has certainly never tried to kill Emma's mom (that would be like if Spike had tried to kill Joyce, I guess, but he actually liked Joyce). Hook would rather live in Emma's world than live without her in his own. He's a fan of every part of her, whereas Regina is verbally and emotionally abusive.

As for pleasuring Regina, I say Regina can go f*ck herself. She's the only one she really cares about anyway.

Edited by Dianthus

Video of the NYCC OUAT Panel. Some spoilers, I guess.

Can we talk about how much of a troll Eddy is? Sometimes it's "she did it to save Regina", this time he says "She takes the dagger to save everyone.". THE MOST TROLLISH.

• Love 1
Can we talk about how much of a troll Eddy is? Sometimes it's "she did it to save Regina", this time he says "She takes the dagger to save everyone.". THE MOST TROLLISH.

He is, but it's now in the dialogue in the show that she saved everyone, as opposed to the whole oh, it's ambiguous, which it wasn't if you watch the whole show. What's always bugged me with Eddy was that he was one of 2 people who wrote that finale. 

• Love 2

He is, but it's now in the dialogue in the show that she saved everyone, as opposed to the whole oh, it's ambiguous, which it wasn't if you watch the whole show. What's always bugged me with Eddy was that he was one of 2 people who wrote that finale.

I think it's possible for it to be both.

I have to say in Adam or Eddy's position I would not be able to resist being just a little bit of a troll. But that probably says more about me than them.

Sean has been doing the press rounds. I had to laugh at this (from here - some spoilers at the source)

"Obviously if the baby wasn't there, despite his moral compass, I think he'd be quite glad if she was no longer alive," he says. "She killed his wife, and she killed many of his friends, and she's just pure evil."

Sure, now he has a problem with a Mills woman killing his wife. Because he cares sooooo much about Marian. Right.

And which "many" friends did she kill? Is Robin another one who had a deep meaningful relationship with Neal that was mostly off screen? I bet the Outlaw Green baby is gonna be called Neal Number Two. Snow probably enacted a law in the three weeks she was mayor that every male newborn must be named Neal.

• Love 6

Sean has been doing the press rounds.

He's been doing a crazy amount of press the past couple of days. Not even JMo at NYCC did this much press. Is it the show sending him out or just his publicist?

Edited by Souris

The show seems to do this sometimes. Like if there's a Hook-centric episode coming up, they book Colin to do the rounds and talk with all the media folks. I wonder if they just took it a step further by having Sean in Los Angeles. Maybe they don't need him as much for the episode they're filming so it was easy for him to take off a few days.

He's been doing a crazy amount of press the past couple of days. Not even JMo at NYCC did this much press. Is it the show sending him out or just his publicist?

He's doing all the smaller outlets. JMo at Comic Con did less interviews, but they were with EW and the Wall Street Journal. But yeah, I think they're sending him to do publicity because he doesn't film as much. I think he's charming, so it's a good strategy, it's just the obligatory Baby Green quote that made me roll my eyes.