Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

I know no one cares when something doesn't involve Colin or Jen, but Ginny posted an adorable pic of Emilie/Lana/herself (though she took the pic so you don't see her) sharing a drink for the #30DaysofGinny on Once's Instagram.

I honestly love seeing co-stars hang out together, especially when their show has a fandom as passionate with its hate/love towards characters as this one.

Edited by Geeni
  • Love 1

That title makes it sound like fans are celebrating the idea of Dark Swan. Maybe some are, but it just looks kind of weird as a title for the recap/teaser special.

Aren't we all making it rain with black confetti and dancing to "Total Eclipse of the Heart"?

• Love 3

Because Dark Swan is apparently worth celebrating...? I've heard some fans are tired of it already, and it hasn't been premiered yet.

Aren't we all making it rain with black confetti and dancing to "Total Eclipse of the Heart"?

I'll come. Total Eclipse of the Heart is one of my favorites.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Isn't she the star of the show?!

If I were being snarky, I'd pull out that Eddy quote right now.

Unsnarkily, she's actually only one of them.  There are several others.  (Now, don't get me wrong, I'm ready for there to be a storyline or so that's focused on Emma, even if this isn't quite the storyline I was hoping she'd get.)

What Eddy quote?

"There's just so many people that it's like, it's sometimes hard to do that story and sacrifice Regina's story. That's just showbiz." —Edward Kitsis

I think he said it during one of the 'con videos, but I couldn't tell you when.  A lot of us pull it out to express our annoyance/frustration/etc with how some storylines get sacrificed--too often on the alter of Regina.

Ms. Parilla may not have top billing in the credits, but in the minds of a lot of the fans, and often in the minds of the creators, her character is the star.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 1

But that was him talking about Will right? Though it's funny that Regina was almost completely absent during Frozen since after the season three finale everyone thought she'd be paired with Elsa. I still would like to know why she never had any one on one scenes with Elsa in s3.

Edited by mjgchick

But that was him talking about Will right? Though it's funny that Regina was almost completely absent during Frozen since after the season three finale everyone thought she'd be paired with Elsa. I still would like to know why she never had any one on one scenes with Elsa in s3.

Probably.

It would be a lesson resonant quote if story lines and characters hadn't repeatedly been completely messed up for a Regina plot or scene.

There's been no official confirmation about what happened to Elsa/Regina, but sometime during the spring season 3 episodes presenting Elsa and the fall episodes about Elsa, they went from making comments like "Elsa and Regina have so much in common." to an Emma/Elsa friendship story with Elsa absolutely nowhere near them.

Fandom scuttle is that they were told by Disney officials that they were not to pair Regina and Elsa.  It's never been stated by anyone officially connected to the show, though.

Mari, on 06 Sept 2015 - 1:05 PM, said:

Probably.

It would be a lesson resonant quote if story lines and characters hadn't repeatedly been completely messed up for a Regina plot or scene.

There's been no official confirmation about what happened to Elsa/Regina, but sometime during the spring season 3 episodes presenting Elsa and the fall episodes about Elsa, they went from making comments like "Elsa and Regina have so much in common." to an Emma/Elsa friendship story with Elsa absolutely nowhere near them.

Fandom scuttle is that they were told by Disney officials that they were not to pair Regina and Elsa.  It's never been stated by anyone officially connected to the show, though.

Comparing Elsa to Regina is just gross and wrong. Elsa was never Evil or malicious. Elsa never deliberately hurt anyone with her magic. The two have nothing in common.

• Love 4

And that "Camelot" pic is already a photoshopped add-on to a photo of Neuschwanstein, which is in Germany and isn't actually medieval. It's Victorian-era fake "fairy tale" medieval. It's about as far as you can get from being Camelot. There are buildings in my town in Texas that are older than that castle.

• Love 4

ABC, please...I beg of you. There are these magical people called graphic designers. They know how to use Photoshop properly. Ditch the intern and hire a professional.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 3
To be fair, Schloss Neuschwanstein is the model for Sleeping Beauty's Castle at Disney.

Which actually makes it worse. The castle is already playing a Disney role, so it's even weirder to stick an annex on it and also call it Camelot. There are other castles they could have used as a model.

• Love 1

Is it me or does the perspective of the cast look off in that photo? Their sizes are either too big or too small.

About Ruby being back... I wonder if there will be any explanation as to why she's gone and suddenly appearing again. Probably not.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I wish they'd do another 3-4 part poster like they did for the 3b evil vs. wicked theme (despite how the season turned out). I actually thought that one looked pretty good.

I doubt we'll ever get character portraits again, but a solid poster for each half season would be appreciated.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

^ i think. Remember they released those really not-so-good ones, and then like a week later they released promo shots of them standing in front of the moon with a quote.

Last season all we got were the "frozen" objects for each character, and they may of had previous character shots with the blue icycle effect over them with a quote too. I can't quite remember. I do think the last original promo shoots were in season 3,

Edited by HoodlumSheep

Does anyone know if there's a blog out there that wrote down a list some of the best parts of the panel? I don't have the patience to sit through an entire hour of a panel about three characters I didn't particularly care for.

I just watched that video and it really is good. They talk a lot about what it was like working on the show and behind the scenes stuff. You can tell they had fun working together.

Merrin says that she liked how her story ended, but thought it ended too quickly (welcome to the show, Merrin). 

• Love 5

Somehow SQers have taken something Kristen said at DragonCon as proof that Mal & Regina had a thing and that it's now canon that Regina is bisexual, and they've edited Wikipedia entries to indicate it. Anybody who has watched the video know what she actually said? Or whereabouts in the video she said it?