Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

I wasn't sure where to put this, but this is one of the most bizarre things I think I've seen. Lana has an eBay store. She seems to be selling a pair of shoes and a dress.

Is it just me or is that … odd? I don't see that the money is going to charity or anything that would make it more explicable to me. It seems to be affiliated with this vintage clothing shop.

I think the owner is a stylist, and sells clothing after celebs have worn them for photo shoots.

https://twitter.com/mygmascloset

I know Mindy Kalig sells the outfit she wears on the show, but her costume designer is Emmy-nominated, and the proceeds go to a pancreatic cancer foundation.

Maybe Lana is helping out a stylist friend?

There are lots sellers on eBay who acquire items that once belonged to or were worn by celebrities and then sell them for a profit. I see no indication that Lana is in any way associated with the seller. It looks like the seller appropriated Lana's name so the listing would should up in Google searches. It's a common ploy and not much different than people on Twitter and tumblr who use a celebrity's name as part of their own user name. It's dumb but people do it and the celebrity cannot stop them from doing it.

(edited)

There are lots sellers on eBay who acquire items that once belonged to or were worn by celebrities and then sell them for a profit. I see no indication that Lana is in any way associated with the seller. It looks like the seller appropriated Lana's name so the listing would should up in Google searches. It's a common ploy and not much different than people on Twitter and tumblr who use a celebrity's name as part of their own user name. It's dumb but people do it and the celebrity cannot stop them from doing it.

I don't think it's that. Lana posted on twitter that she had an Ebay store... So she knows about this.

Edited by mtsmvfn
  • Love 1

I just noticed that these are some extras on upcoming blu-ray:

•DEFROSTING FROZEN - An arctic blast hit Storybrooke this year as the characters from Frozen and The Snow Queen took over the first half of the season. Defrost this 12 episode event as we talk to the actors who played Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Snow Queen and, for the first time in forever, explore how Disney Animation's blockbuster film was adapted for the small screen.
•BEHIND THE MAGIC TOUR - Join hosts Josh Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin as they take you on an exclusive back stage tour on the stages of Once Upon A Time. See the sets, meet the crew and eat the food as we go behind the scenes and find out what makes Once Upon A Time the most magical show on television.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releases/Time-Complete-4th-Season/15667#ixzz3hWQgmhNF

I'm so impatient for this set.

EDIT: Enjoy an official Once/General Hospital mashup where some GH chick calls Regina an evil skank.

I missed this link but stumbled upon it accidentally today. I thought it was newly filmed, but I guess not.  I don't watch "General Hospital" so maybe that's why but I didn't find it too funny.  I forgot how nasty the Evil Queen was being that episode.

I subjected myself and my ears to the stress of Hot Topic today for naught! They did not have any of the Hook merchandise. :( They had many of the Rumbelle rose/dagger tanks, but that was it. The cashier said they sold out of the old Hook tanks ages ago and didn't get any of the new ones. And they never know what they're going to get or when. So I guess I'll have to order from the web if I want them. I hate ordering clothes online.

I subjected myself and my ears to the stress of Hot Topic today for naught! They did not have any of the Hook merchandise. :( They had many of the Rumbelle rose/dagger tanks, but that was it. The cashier said they sold out of the old Hook tanks ages ago and didn't get any of the new ones. And they never know what they're going to get or when. So I guess I'll have to order from the web if I want them. I hate ordering clothes online.

Bummer. Just remember, their stuff runs kinda small. The white quote tank was available in larger sizes (XL, XXL) than the black portrait one. Oddly, the L black tank fits me better than the XL white one did. Still a bit clingy tho'.

• Love 1

That was really interesting.  I felt I saw more of her than in the entire season of "Once".  She sounds younger than she does on the show, or maybe her voice sounds higher.  

I feel like this could be made into an episode with Mary Margaret digging up the ugly truth about Eva... "Woah.  According to this document, Eva tripped Cora.  She was a classist."  I couldn't help thinking Snow when she made comments about how her ancestor made bad choices.

That was really interesting.  I felt I saw more of her than in the entire season of "Once".  She sounds younger than she does on the show, or maybe her voice sounds higher.  

I think YT does something to uploads, because I've watched stuff where voices were noticeably higher.

I think YT does something to uploads, because I've watched stuff where voices were noticeably higher.

A lot of uploaders speed up or slow down things they upload so that Youtube's automatic software doesn't detect their content as being copyrighted. That's why on a lot of music, it'll say to change the speed to 1.25 or something. Anyway, I didn't really notice her voice sounding different, but I enjoyed her episode. It would have been nice to see Oliver, but I understand wanting to keep him away from the public eye.

• Love 1

Plus, I don't think they have ever taken shots together. Haven't they just done individual shots and then photo shopped together? So they don't all have to be booked on the same day.

Plus, I don't think they have ever taken shots together. Haven't they just done individual shots and then photo shopped together? So they don't all have to be booked on the same day.

Yup. I remember Adam ages ago responding to someone on Twitter that they don't take "couple" shoots. Not even Snowing have them. Any group/pair pics we got/may get come from magazines. Hopefully they arrange some this year. I'm still annoyed that last year, the first OUAT cover since S2 went to two guest stars (as much as I liked them).

Any group/pair pics we got/may get come from magazines. Hopefully they arrange some this year. I'm still annoyed that last year, the first OUAT cover since S2 went to two guest stars (as much as I liked them).

Although ABC have to play ball and advocate for their characters/shows to be on the cover of a magazine, the magazine ultimately has to want those characters on there too.* I don't think TV Guide etc would be that excited to put the regular characters from an ok-rated show in its fifth season on the cover unless something huge had just happened or it was a really slow week (or the finale; they often seem to feature shows heading into their final season or pre-series-finale even if viewership has waned a little). 

* Though possibly some covers can basically be bought, but my guess is that's more something you'd do for a blockbuster movie or a first-season show

• Love 2

I'm glad they made it much longer than last year's!

Edit: Seeing Socha in the bloopers makes me really angry they never utilized him fully in Season 4 and then dropped him for Season 5...

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

So much better than last year's. Though The Mindy Project's 12-minute blooper reel scoffs at Once's 5 minutes of bloopers.

So does Galavant's 12 min. Reel.

I'll have to watch this when I get home!

Adding the link to the Colin vs Sam Radiotimes Sci-fi champion poll stuff.

https://twitter.com/radiotimes/status/630732366089203712

I love it. I'm laughing at those numbers!

Late this morning Colin and Sam were in the 70-thousands, and now look at the numbers! Lol!

JMo's up against the 12th doctor.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

I loved when Colin was so excited that he actually got a bull's eye in the dart scene. And then when Josh kissed him after JMo did. "He's so dreamy!" And "Save me, David!" And "Hook, I didn't know you were enjoying us."

And this was fun:

Ginny: Why did you say my line?

Josh: Because you didn't!

It was kind of the Socha/Maguire blooper reel, though!

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

Those were fun.  I agree the cast is the best thing about this show.  No speaking stuff with Cruella and I don't even remember seeing Kristoff.

About saying each other's lines.  LOL that it actually happened but it's not surprising considering how interchangeable Snow and Charming's dialogue is.  I can imagine it would be hard to keep straight.  It pretty much depends on who starts talking first, and then they alternate.

Edited by Camera One

Scott Michael Foster/Kristoff yelled "WHAT IS THAT??" while pointing at the sky. I'm guessing a plane went over, LOL.

Somebody is uploading the deleted scenes, too. No deleted CS scenes, but apparently a lot of Regina ones. There was even MORE Regina than we were already subjected to. Imagine.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

To me, it's more a writing problem so more screentime wouldn't help unless it was written better.  I liked the actor a lot in a previous show, and he seems fun in interview and in the bloopers, but Robin Hood still leaves me colder than a crypt after a one-night stand.

• Love 1