Type keyword(s) to search

Season 15 Anticipation

Warren Buffett, Tyra Banks, Steve Ballmer and Jessica Alba have signed on as advisors for the eighth season of “Celebrity Apprentice” with new host Arnold Schwarzenegger stepping in for Donald Trump.

The 16 contenders set for season eight are: Laila Ali, Brooke Burke-Charvet, Eric Dickerson, Boy George, Matt Iseman, Carrie Keagan, Carson Kressley, Lisa Leslie, Jon Lovitz, Vince Neil, Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, Kyle Richards, Chael Sonnen, Porsha Williams, Ricky Williams and Carnie Wilson.

Also joining Schwarzenegger as a boardroom advisor is his nephew, entertainment attorney Patrick Knapp Schwarzenegger

OK, I had to look a couple of these up. 

My vote for most annoying is Carnie Wilson with Porsha Williams coming in second.

• Love 2

Porsha will probably get disqualified or quit the game she is a sad mess..... This is an overall great cast though Im looking forward to it.  And I hear rather than being fired they will be terminated lol

• Love 3

Carnie will run around like a crazy person talking about how stressed out she is and how much she has to do while doing nothing. Isn't that what she does on all of these shows?

I don't know what I was thinking but I really thought that Vince Neal had already been on this show.

• Love 1

Carnie will run around like a crazy person talking about how stressed out she is and how much she has to do while doing nothing. Isn't that what she does on all of these shows?

I don't know what I was thinking but I really thought that Vince Neal had already been on this show.

That was probably Bret Michaels, of Poison.  VInce has been on The Surreal Life and Skating with the Stars.

• Love 1

That is the most Arnold of all the Arnold shots they could have chosen. That shot, right there, encapsulates his entire time as Governor of California (I work in politics... in California). It is perfect, and I cannot wait.

• Love 1
Just now, Nutjob said:

That is the most Arnold of all the Arnold shots they could have chosen. That shot, right there, encapsulates his entire time as Governor of California (I work in politics... in California). It is perfect, and I cannot wait.

It's extra funny because it's such a transparent photoshopping. His body posture being impossible if he were actually on a horse doing that.

Jon Lovitz' facial expression won me over though. It's weird to only have 5 cast members on that though. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Kromm said:

It's extra funny because it's such a transparent photoshopping. His body posture being impossible if he were actually on a horse doing that.

Jon Lovitz' facial expression won me over though. It's weird to only have 5 cast members on that though. 

5 cast members and not even one of his "business advisors"  

Is there any word on when this is actually set to air?

• Love 1

Preface: I know very little about Ahhhnold's political career, nor do I care for him as a person. He seems like a total d-bag, TBH. That said...I read his "Education of a Bodybuilder" years ago and was struck by his unbelievable drive to succeed. I mean, he mapped out his life when he was a kid. He became a bodybuilder so that he could go to America and become an actor, so that he could eventually break into politics. And he made it happen. And yes, he did steroids (they all did, god bless 'em), but he also had a spectacular work ethic in the gym, and a total mastery of his own body. When he was told he was too big to star opposite Sally Field, he lost 40 lb in a matter of months, then gained it back to win Mr. Olympia yet again a few months later. 

So yeah, as an ambitious guy, he is impressive as hell, even though he may be personally and politically a bit of a shithead. I can't wait to see him as the host of this show.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ClareWalks said:

So yeah, as an ambitious guy, he is impressive as hell, even though he may be personally and politically a bit of a shithead. I can't wait to see him as the host of this show.

Arnold is a weird guy politically. At heart I think he's a social liberal, but he's also a hypocrite who ran from that when the Republican party wouldn't back him with those beliefs. It's up to people individually if they consider that worse or better than actually believing in the current platform.

Gay marriage is the big one. He told lots of people he was okay with it earlier in his life. When he was in office though he wound up opposing it.

Legalization of pot is another. He actually smoked some, ON CAMERA, once. To his credit though I don't think he's ever denied it or gone back on it. In fact, here it is (and an older him admitting it).

Ah yes, that's from the half-documentary "Pumping Iron." I say half documentary because it is largely fabricated, which Arnold also readily admits. Fascinating movie, if you have an interest in the psychology of professional bodybuilding in the 70s. (Now that I type that out, it seems insane that anyone would have an interest in that.)

• Love 5

I wonder if Mark Burnett has a thing for Carrie Keagan.  It seems that anything I have ever watched her on is produced by Mark.  I half expect her to show up on Survivor.

10 hours ago, Kromm said:

They couldn't possibly have gone lamer than to use Terminator imagery for Arnold with this.

I'm still hoping that he'll let people go with "You're Terminated!"

Also: here's the video from the above link as an embed:

• Love 2

Yeah, there are so many other ways they could have gone. But like I said before, I work in a politics-related job in California, and was here during the Arnold Administration, so I could have given them a TON of ideas. At least they got the stogie in there.

8 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

So simple, yet so elegant. I'm on board for this.

That's the only aspect of the Terminator tie-in I might like.

That said, I'm wondering if they'd need James Cameron or the studio's permission. I mean they can't inherently own those words, but in concert with a similar type product (a TV show), it might be a trademark thing.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Kromm said:

That's the only aspect of the Terminator tie-in I might like.

That said, I'm wondering if they'd need James Cameron or the studio's permission. I mean they can't inherently own those words, but in concert with a similar type product (a TV show), it might be a trademark thing.

I don't know if, because it's not a quote from the movies but an allusion to them, if it's copyrighted. I'm guessing not. Although saying "hasta la vista, baby" might be protected :)

On 8/25/2016 at 7:04 PM, ClareWalks said:

I don't know if, because it's not a quote from the movies but an allusion to them, if it's copyrighted. I'm guessing not. Although saying "hasta la vista, baby" might be protected :)

That's why I said Trademark, not Copyrighted.  Trademarks are identifiers (they can be words--brand names for something or slogans, but can also be symbols, images and design elements) which identify and distinguish one source of something from their competition.  So for example, nobody else can use something that looks exactly like the Jolly Green Giant or the Kool-Aid Man for anything, or even an approximate similar image if it's for a similar kind of product. 

The Terminator is definitely trademarked, and a reality TV show is probably similar enough to a theatrical movie to be counted as a similar product, but the Lanham Act (one of the major pieces of US law about Trademarks) also apparently protects an actors right to his or her own face/identity, so I suppose if someone tried to claim Arnie couldn't use a pseudo-Terminator in something else, he could argue that his appearance is so inherent to the character that he "owns" rights to the character as well in that sense, sort of by osmosis. Although I doubt that law's been tested like that before (I know it's been used to stop impersonators costumed to look like an actor in a famous role).

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

Can I just put in a preemptive request that everyone here do me a solid and never say anything mean or remotely negative about my beloved Boy George?  It would crush my delicate spirit and I know you guys don't want that.

For real, though, when the show starts, I know I'll never be able to come back to this forum because it will make me so sad if people are trashing him lol.  I have loved him since I was five years old (I'm 38 now) and just got to meet him for the first time a few weeks ago and he was SO lovely and kind!  If he gets fired before Snooki, I might end it all.  

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, TaraS1 said:

Can I just put in a preemptive request that everyone here do me a solid and never say anything mean or remotely negative about my beloved Boy George?  It would crush my delicate spirit and I know you guys don't want that.

I dunno... do we really want to hurt you?

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

• Love 13
On 9/1/2016 at 11:11 AM, TaraS1 said:

For real, though, when the show starts, I know I'll never be able to come back to this forum because it will make me so sad if people are trashing him lol.  I have loved him since I was five years old (I'm 38 now) and just got to meet him for the first time a few weeks ago and he was SO lovely and kind!  If he gets fired before Snooki, I might end it all.  

If you saw online some of what George came off like on The Voice UK, there were some indications he might be a bit surly on occasion.

Whoops.  I may have already denied that nicely worded request.

On 9/4/2016 at 10:17 AM, Kromm said:

If you saw online some of what George came off like on The Voice UK, there were some indications he might be a bit surly on occasion.

Oh he can be downright bitchy sometimes, though not as much now as in the past, but I find that to be part of his charm.  Of course, I also think there's still a chance he might marry me someday, so perhaps I'm not entirely objective here...

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 7:17 AM, Kromm said:

Whoops.  I may have already denied that nicely worded request.

There was a time I appreciated George as an artist, too.  But after he was sentenced to 15 months in prison, found guilty of false imprisonment and assault, my opinion changed...considerably.

• Love 2

Brooke Burke also seems like a contestant that's already been on this show.

No matter how angry this show got me, I've still missed it in its 2 year hiatus. Watching people working as a group to accomplish tasks that weren't straight up fundraisers was always the best part for me. I always learned a tiny something from those.

I hope Arnold isn't as arbitrary in his decisions as the former dude ("You know what, even though your team lost and you've been losing as PM 15 times, I still like you, so Quiet Guy over there, you're fired!")

Edited by niklj
Typo
  • Love 2

Extremely late to hearing about Ah-nold --- I may go back to watching this hot mess!  How long ago was this filmed?  What a coincidence that TWO showbiz types have shocked the world by winning an election (three if you want to go back to Ronnie Reagan).

• Love 1

I can't stand Schwarzenegger but I'm really looking forward to it too.  I hate Trump with a passion and I watched when he hosted so I can take Arnold. 

When is the first episode?  It seems like it was filmed so long ago. I wonder why there's been such a delay. 

January 2nd!   I don't think I know half the contestants, the California locale never seemed to suit this show as well as New York and Arnold's looking a little scary these days, but I'm still looking forward to the return of this show.  I wonder if "For the Love Money" will still be the theme song.

• Love 1