Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 7:57 PM, miamama said:

He is actually an improved Billy Miller IMO. He's fresher looking, always focused as an actor, complete eye candy. He was born to replace BM in this role. And he's younger -- in Lily's/Colleen's/Daniel's age group, as he should be.

That is the face you could forgive anything.

Fucking hell.

I completely agree (with the exception of "forgive anything"). I've got to wonder if he'd been considered to play the role of Billy, but JFP scuttled it because she had the chance to bag JT and decided that she'd head him over to Phyllis because he wasn't a real "fit" for the character of Billy as written and then she made the concurrent decision to make Billy now an edgier "outsider" within the Abbott family, which probably gave JT what he wanted (big role and "torrid love interest"), because JH was leaving and she felt he'd be a hit with Y&R viewers because there'd be a vacuum there. Oh well. It was a total misfire on all cylinders. The only good thing that came of it is MR being brought back on by MY. Yeah!

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 9

I wonder if MCE will finally be seriously back burned or dropped under the Sussman regime. The character is so ridiculous. A grifter/rapist who becomes a brilliant fashion designer because she liked to sketch. It is stunning to me how completely irrelevant MCE is without JH's Adam. They had decent chemistry IMO. But now she has no point and she's boring as fuck. She has zero ties to the show that matter. Chelsea 2.0. Whatever. Sharon doesn't really work there. Chloe can go too and Mariah quit. What a waste of a set. Connor is too young to do anything but be kidnapped and Victor has loads of kids and grandkids. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, miamama said:

I wonder if MCE will finally be seriously back burned or dropped under the Sussman regime. The character is so ridiculous. A grifter/rapist who becomes a brilliant fashion designer because she liked to sketch. It is stunning to me how completely irrelevant MCE is without JH's Adam. They had decent chemistry IMO. But now she has no point and she's boring as fuck. She has zero ties to the show that matter. Chelsea 2.0. Whatever. Sharon doesn't really work there. Chloe can go too and Mariah quit. What a waste of a set. Connor is too young to do anything but be kidnapped and Victor has loads of kids and grandkids. 

Chelsea and Adam should have left together. Chelsea was always boring. The only thing that saved her from the label was being in front burner story with the adam character. She's done nothing but be his conscious and stakes for 4 years. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, miamama said:

Given her marriage to the CBS exec that got her the job in the first place, I highly doubt we'll be rid of her soon. But you're right that the character has no real ties with anyone anymore and coasted in no small part to being in MM!Adam's orbit.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Kids, if she isn't Mrs. Nicolas Newman by Christmas, she'll at least have her diamond.  Chelsea's not going anywhere. 

I'd have totally agreed with that if Pratt had stayed on. But I can't see SSM and KA going there with Nick and Chelsea. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

He is a cute kid, but was he really on the show for three years?  I think it was more like three episodes, with a year between each one.

Yeah, I remember him being a baby for about three episodes and then being trotted out for some holiday or other and that was it.

• Love 3

What are the odds they'll SORAS Moses to at least age 17 so Hilary can sleep with him? I mean if they're not going to do what I want and bring Shemar Moore's Malcolm back to sleep with her, I guess Moses would be the next best thing. ?

• Love 3

I usually don't have much praise for Jamey Giddens, but I'm making an exception because he tweeted some storyline ideas regarding what should happen to Sharon after the SullyCAN reveal. I'm not sure how to post it on here, but if you get a chance, check out his Twitter- it was very entertaining, mostly because some people lost their shit. Lol.

Here are some of his ideas:

I'd have Sharon attempt suicide when everything is outed. Have her truly hit rock bottom. Then bring back Noah and Doris. 

I mean a real attempted suicide. Sharon slits her wrists in the bathtub. Mariah saving her with seconds to spare.

Then Noah comes home and rips into Nick, Victor, Nikki, et al. treating his mother so poorly she became a desperate mess.

Noah needs to tell his dad that his roaming cock helped cause his mother's instability.

Noah also needs to tell his asshole of a grandfather that he took advantage of his clearly mentally unstable daughter-in-law.

And Nick finally needs to own that banging Sharon's best friend and Phyllis and anything that walked damaged her.

Of course, Sharon has her own significant blame that she has to take but the Newman men passed her around.

Nick made vows to love and protect her, yet let his dad and brother use her.

Noah, as her son, should say all of this and be there to support his mother as she rebuilds her life.

He also needs to tear into Mariah, who should admit she was so desperate to connect with their mom, she cloaked her madness.

Doris needs to be back for this arc, supporting her daughter and threatening to mow into Nikki with her chair.

And Dylan should give Sharon Crimson Lights in the divorce settlement. That coffee bar was her dream. Her true north.

But once again, Nick didn't have the balls to pursue their dream for Crimson Lights, because of his daddy issues.

Noah needs to be given the balls to tell his grandfather to STFU and not say one word against his mother.

I know that won't be allowed, but that's what's needed.

Of course, Victor wouldn't own shit relating to Sharon but Noah's tongue trashing would REALLY sink in with Nick.

After his pre-req mean-mugging and teeth-gnashing, he finally realizes he royally failed his childhood sweetheart.

Which leads to Nick wanting to be there for Sharon, but Noah saying not no, but hell no, he's got his mom from here on.

Edited by ezzylin
  • Love 11

I saw these and they are quite good. But my issue with Sharon has been give her POV. If she slits her wrists and the words psycho and wacko and nut keep being thrown around I say no way. This has to be her narrative. She needs to be the protagonist in this whole arc. She needs voice. I don't want another man (Noah) to be her potential saviour.

I'd rather it be Mariah, the outsider daughter, who sticks by her side as she - Sharon - speaks for herself. Noah has no more right. He's chosen his vile family too often. 

Nick fucked around on his grieving wife and as punishment got a happily ever after with his mistress and a new baby daughter. This narrative of him continually being Sharon's victim is bullshit of the highest order. And in that I agree with the above posts.

• Love 16

it's hard to "trust" when we sharon fans have been thru this for 3 regimes now.   we have been promised a healthier sharon and yet each and every time she has been turned into the town pariah and punching bag in order to take the heat off of other characters or to make THEM sympathetic or to provide stupid angst for nick's couplings that never seemed to go anywhere.....

guess it's just a matter of wait and see.....

• Love 13

They damn well better try to redeem Sharon. Considering the incredible amount of deranged mental gymnastics performed to try to clean up Victor, a man who caused rape, murder, and mayhem on a guess that Jack was trying to sabotage him (an incorrect guess, I might add), there is no excuse for any character not to get a shot at redemption.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

it's hard to "trust" when we sharon fans have been thru this for 3 regimes now.   we have been promised a healthier sharon and yet each and every time she has been turned into the town pariah and punching bag in order to take the heat off of other characters or to make THEM sympathetic or to provide stupid angst for nick's couplings that never seemed to go anywhere.....

guess it's just a matter of wait and see.....

I just can't watch the crap that is unfolding I am so hoping things change for Sharon.  Wouldn't it be great if Nick takes Sully/ Christian and the baby cries constantly so Nick has to go get Sharon and they bond over Sully/Christian and end up a couple bring up the baby together.  Now that would piss off Sharon haters big time that would make me happy.

• Love 3

So I'm binge-watching Scrubs on Netflix (again - needed something a little lighter than Luke Cage and Black Mirror ?), and I knew that the actress who played TLANSDD (the late and not-so-dearly-departed) Dr Anderson had appeared in a few episodes as JD's girlfriend. What I didn't know is that Sean Carrigan was also in one of those eps, as a guy the character went out with after she dumped JD! I had to rewatch the ep because I didn't recognize him at first - he had hair ?

• Love 3

I am sure someone from TPTB fed him some tidbits but I doubt he knows exactly how it plays out. Hell his own spoilers articles never play out how he says. So I will take him with a grain of salt even if I do think Sharon will come out of this better than some believe.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

I don't know that Doris would be all that helpful to Sharon's recovery.  

My memory of her is literally a bitch on wheels. 

I HATED how she always called Sharon "girl" in a condescending tone.  Of course that can be clouded by memories of my mother calling me "girl" or "girlie" when I was being...well...not a good kid :)

54 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

so, i guess the guy at sid is getting lots of feedback on his tweet about sharon...he is now saying that we will all see he is right in 3 wks....i won't hold my breath...guess for the next 3 wks, sharon's life will be hell.

Is there something magical about the time period of "3 weeks?"  Didn't we need to give Billy-boy 3 weeks for something-or-other?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

so, i guess the guy at sid is getting lots of feedback on his tweet about sharon...he is now saying that we will all see he is right in 3 wks....i won't hold my breath...guess for the next 3 wks, sharon's life will be hell.

That's the thing. This SID guy is missing the point. How many times have we watched this crap? I swear it was yesterday when Nick and Phyllis (the FUCKING CHEATERS WHO ROMPED IN A BARN CONCEIVING SUMMER WHILE SHARON GRIEVED) were HOLLERING at Sharon over the Summer paternity SEKRIT. That they would go there AGAIN in an entirely retconned story about Nick's past is really really shit storytelling and all at the expense of the long-term, beloved character of Sharon. If SC is cool with it, good for her. But it sucks for viewers because it's just STOOOOOOPID and over done.

So whether or not Sharon gets sympathy or isn't Queen Pariah again (three weeks from now) doesn't MATTER. The fact that we are seeing this shit again during sweeps -- after ONE YEAR of burying Sharon in this crap -- is horse shit.

But they couldn't kill it. They had nothing for sweeps. And they are bleeding viewers and need somewhat decent numbers this month. I fully blame Pratt and whoever decided to hire him for this. 

But to pretend it will all have a great PAYOFF???? RME.

This SID tweeter/writer/editor is a straight up moron.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 14

After today's CDN, I am sensing that maaaybe Dylan will have an initial meltdown but come to realize that initially Sharon was a victim and then she was just stupidly trying to protect him.  He certainly remembers her being drugged and not being able to see her, and her weird dreams etc.  So the disconnect comes in that she kept the information from him, but he may realize that his behaviour when he learned Connor wasn't his is what prevented her from doing so.  Look, I think she was stupid to do so, but he may be able to reconcile him to it.  

• Love 5

Given Dylan is the boy scout of Genoa City and suffers from PTSD, he may be the most sympathetic to Sharon of everyone. I kinda hope so. He may not be the sharpest log, but unlike with Nick and even the second round of Adam, I feel like Dylan truly loves her and they've had a relatively uneventful relationship up to this point.

At least, I hope so. I really can't even if this becomes all about Nick the hypocrite and Chelsea the grifter/rapist proclaiming her to be the worst person ever. That honor will go to Victor always until EB leaves the show and ButtBiscuit as a runner up.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Given Dylan is the boy scout of Genoa City and suffers from PTSD, he may be the most sympathetic to Sharon of everyone. I kinda hope so. He may not be the sharpest log, but unlike with Nick and even the second round of Adam, I feel like Dylan truly loves her and they've had a relatively uneventful relationship up to this point.

At least, I hope so. I really can't even if this becomes all about Nick the hypocrite and Chelsea the grifter/rapist proclaiming her to be the worst person ever. That honor will go to Victor always until EB leaves the show and ButtBiscuit as a runner up.

I think I heard in today's  CDN that Chelz says

Spoiler

what she did to Dylan is worse than what Sharon did.  Plus she is now lying to Nick, so I think she may keep it zipped and possibly even try to support Sharon and Dylan.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 7

Sharon Case and Camryn Grimes did a FB chat today. It was a fun watch. I truly love CG. She is a lovely human being and seems so beautifully  normal. SC was also sweet. Nothing major. No story stuff revealed except that CG is loving whatever she's working on right now (can't reveal).

CG made it clear she would really love for Mariah to have a love interest and has no idea if that will happen. She has never had anything resembling one. It was quite funny as she declared she is the only soap actress in history to have had only one love scene that was a "bad" love scene. lol.

Interestingly when asked who she would like to play on show she picked Summer -- "because she gets all the guys, does whatever she wants, is blonde."

SC imagines Sharon getting together with Adam down the line. That was a surprise comment. She wasn't revealing story, more what she sees for her character in future. In the short term she's playing the Sully fallout. 

• Love 5