Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: No Girl

The whole bachelor party thing made no sense to me. Since when is one person expected to pay for the whole trip for everyone? Is that a thing now? Why wouldn't Schmidt, Nick, Winston, and whoever else they invited each pay for their own airfare, hotel, etc.? Or was Nick just being a proud idiot and insisting on paying for everything because he didn't want Todd to do it?

The whole bachelor party thing made no sense to me. Since when is one person expected to pay for the whole trip for everyone? Is that a thing now? Why wouldn't Schmidt, Nick, Winston, and whoever else they invited each pay for their own airfare, hotel, etc.? Or was Nick just being a proud idiot and insisting on paying for everything because he didn't want Todd to do it?

I wish I could say that people are supposed to pay their own way, but if I had gotten paid for every bachelorette party I've thrown and NOT gotten anyone to chip in for... I'd be a much richer person right now. 

Classic Winston/CeCe team up, right there. I loved the snippit of them taking selfies. Too funny. 

• Love 1

If they were renting out all of the rooms, where were Nick, Schmidt and Winston sleeping? The whole episode that drove me crazy.

Heh. I was hoping for a scene where we saw Nick, Schmidt, Winston, and CeCe all bunking in the same room together. Maybe the bathroom or on the couch.

Funniest bit was Winston crying in the bathroom. And then at the end when CeCe made his girlfriend cry she sounded exactly like him! CeCe and Winston were MVPs this episode. I did miss Jess though, and Fred Armison in the getup was pretty funny.

Also, Nick: "I haven't taken off my pants in front of a woman in a long time. Sorry the pretzel fell out."

• Love 2

I did miss Jess, but I think the rest of the ensemble has gotten strong enough that they can carry the show without her for awhile.

Classic Winston/CeCe mess around. 

Poor Winston. He just always seems to pick the wrong girls. And he didn't even get a cat out of this one!

• Love 2

Classic Winston/CeCe mess around.

Indeed. Indeed.

My problem with this here episode? It just made it perfectly clear before it even happens that Megan Fox is/was/will-be completely unnecessary. Because Hannah Simone is more than capable of being the female lead in this here sitcom, or one of her own. Hell, for that matter, I'm not even sure at this point if I'll even care when Zooey comes back. And I love Zooey! Oddly enough, I wasn't even much of a Hannah/Cece fan at the beginning. But five seasons later? Yeah. Give me a Hannah and Lamorne show and I'm good. (Max is 100% welcome, of course, but not 100% necessary.) Doesn't even matter what it's about. Make it about Furguson, I don't care.

Damn. Has a show ever "jumped the shark" before by unwittingly demonstrating that the temporarily absent lead(s) is(/are) holding the show back from being something better than it ever has been and/or will be with them? Seems ass-backwards to me, but here we are.

• Love 5

Normally I'd think people would pay their own, in a way where Nick sets up the general plan and people not only pay for themselves but book themselves. But if he went online and booked everything, presumably he'd already put it on his credit card or some such. So he definitely needed all the money because it was already pretty much done. Whereas if the extravagance of the plans were too expensive, presumably in a more normal scenario some people would simply decline to attend. Which makes the plan even more stupid but for a different reason. Also presumably, since it's Tokyo, it's wicked expensive so even if everyone were paying their own way it's still probably way too expensive.

I have no idea why but the randomness of the girl from Japan singing the theme song from Frasier and giggling at her phone cracked me up to the point where I had to pause the show.  And that rarely happens with me.

Winston is still my MVP.  But I also like Cece; at some point during the second season Hannah Simone really seemed to come into her own.  Team her with Winston in a story line and it's a win win.

• Love 3

Indeed. Indeed.

My problem with this here episode? It just made it perfectly clear before it even happens that Megan Fox is/was/will-be completely unnecessary. Because Hannah Simone is more than capable of being the female lead in this here sitcom, or one of her own. Hell, for that matter, I'm not even sure at this point if I'll even care when Zooey comes back. And I love Zooey! Oddly enough, I wasn't even much of a Hannah/Cece fan at the beginning. But five seasons later? Yeah. Give me a Hannah and Lamorne show and I'm good. (Max is 100% welcome, of course, but not 100% necessary.) Doesn't even matter what it's about. Make it about Furguson, I don't care.

Damn. Has a show ever "jumped the shark" before by unwittingly demonstrating that the temporarily absent lead(s) is(/are) holding the show back from being something better than it ever has been and/or will be with them? Seems ass-backwards to me, but here we are.

Do we know how many episodes Fox will be in? I don't think I'll be able to watch those, so I just hope it doesn't last very long.

I hadn't heard anything about Megan Fox. I do like CeCe but I'm not convinced the character is actually strong enough to carry the show as the lone female lead. She makes a better balance against Jess's wackiness. The scene where she's telling the ex-girlfriend Winston is dead, realizes she really is with that other guy and decides to go "all in" on the lie - I think it would have been funnier if Zooey was delivering those lines. JMO. 

Also, I cannot remember for the life of me when Winston ever even met that girl or if we've even seen her before. Last thing I remember, relationship-wise, he was partnered with a female cop and was interested in her.

Also, I cannot remember for the life of me when Winston ever even met that girl or if we've even seen her before. Last thing I remember, relationship-wise, he was partnered with a female cop and was interested in her.

I had the same issue. I thought, "but isn't he dating his partner?" and then I remembered that he met this girl and pretended he wasn't a cop? Or something?

• Love 1