Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Discussion

• Start Topic

Dunning-Kruger effect:  The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias manifesting in unskilled individuals suffering from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher.   He thinks he is a genius so he should be able to plan a wedding and is actually too much of a moron to know that there are a billion little details that go into planning a wedding -- especially one that big.   Like spelling people's names right, having a meal for your wedding singer, etc.

• Love 8

The sound was AWFUL in Kanye's apartment.  It's quite obvious he didn't allow cameras but what were they filming with, iPhones?  The audio was horrible, every line had to be closed captioned.   I'm sure Kanye insisted NO CAMERAS and this is the piece of shit we get that we get.

Swear to God...I thought they were in an Airplane terminal. Or a VIP something at an airplane field. Good God get a decorator.

Dunning-Kruger effect:  The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias manifesting in unskilled individuals suffering from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher.   He thinks he is a genius so he should be able to plan a wedding and is actually too much of a moron to know that there are a billion little details that go into planning a wedding -- especially one that big.   Like spelling people's names right, having a meal for your wedding singer, etc.

The Dunning -Kruger effect or DK, dick, ... I'd say you hit the nail on the head.

• Love 2

I am calling bullshit on the whole "Lamar is here!" crap & for a really stupid reason. First, Kim & Jonathan stalking Khloe was just ridiculous. Was she going to demand that Khloe introduce her to French & her "crew"? (And I if I had to hear Kim refer to them as Khloe's "crew" one more time, I was going to lose it)  Was that the plan? Because if that was it, it was really a dumb plan. Second, (and this is the stupid reason) & I'm no expert on this, but it's been my experience that guys want to do the driving. I have never known any guy who goes out on a date & has the woman drive. Khloe was driving. I think the only reason she was in the driver seat was so they could pretend that she saw Kim & Jonathan, & stopped the car. After all, French doesn't know Kim (or why else is she there?) so if he was driving, how would they explain why he stopped for her? Thirdly, if Lamar knew it was a French Montana party, & he knew he was dating Khloe, why would he show up? What possible benefit would it be to him to show up at that party? None that I can think of. Well, except for giving Khloe some reason to forgive Kim for stalking her. 

I do suspect Lamar was set up by Kris and Kim. I buy his story of being asked to be there, I just don't think he knew he was there to be instantly turned away. Kim was wayyyy too much into this storyline to not have been involved from the start. She always takes such glee in trying to make her sisters look bad or embarrassing them, she gives herself away. I'm not sure Khloe was completely onboard with it, but did seem to go along. Are we supposed to believe the random doorman just knew who Lamar was, who French Onion was screwing, and cared to keep Lamar out? Cuz, yeah, I don't. I have to agree, I was ready to ice pick my eardrums about the 3rd time Kim mentioned Khloe's "crew". WTF? Shut up!

I just watched today, I've been playing catch up on this show this weekend. Khloe seemed genuinely hurt when Kim kept accusing her of having a double life (of course with a smile on her face). 

If it was French's show, he obviously was going to be there, so why hang out in the car in the parking lot? Go inside and surprise them when they arrive. Being in the parking lot was necessary to have the Lamar almost confrontation.kim is a shit stirrer. She didn't want to upset her mom with the whole Brody thing... That's what she told Bruce, but in at least two other scenes she's discussing the situation with Kris.

Well I for one am jealous as hell. Brunch at Valentino's? Jealous. A private party at Versailles? Jealous! Getting married in Florence, my favorite city in the world? Jealous!!!!!!!

Rushing around like a butt monkey, flying and stressing out on a day you should be relaxing???? NOT jealous.

Well I for one am jealous as hell. Brunch at Valentino's? Jealous. A private party at Versailles? Jealous! Getting married in Florence, my favorite city in the world? Jealous!!!!!!!

Rushing around like a butt monkey, flying and stressing out on a day you should be relaxing???? NOT jealous.

Marrying KimK/KanyeW? Not jealous.

I'm suspecting we didn't get to see the wedding/reception because of all the flubs we heard about. If it had gone off flawlessly I'm sure we'd have seem some of it.

Sharon Sacks "International Party Planner"

How many "Best Friends" does Kanye have? It was so 6th grade to see them subtitled like that.

• Love 3

Not to mention a couple episodes ago Kim was trying to discuss North's participation in the wedding. She wanted North to be in a horse drawn carriage with Mason holding her. I guess Kanye and Sharon Sacks didn't even think about North. Nor did Kim and

Kanye. In my opinion she should have just been carried in, by perhaps Leah and Brandon when they were seated and not carted down the aisle by Kris.

She should have definitely been carried OUT after the vows. Kris was holding her; Kim and Kanye should have stopped in the aisle, taken North out of Kris' arms and proceeded to walk on out WITH NORTH. Their refusal to do that one thing spoke louder than anything else the two idiots have ever done concerning North. THEY DO NOT DESERVE THAT CHILD!!!!

Kim and Kanye should have stopped in the aisle, taken North out of Kris' arms and proceeded to walk on out WITH NORTH.

Sure it was going to be soooo special that North was there, blah, blah, blah. Well, she was there.

When the ladies were at the table telling Kim stories it looked uncomfortable. I don't like a lot of attention on me in a group so I could never sit there & listen to everyone talk about me like I walk on water. The stories seemed so contrived. Like Kim is trying to show us they were meant to be & Humphries was just wrong. Then she's practicing walking down the isle, like this isn't her 3rd trip. 

OMG it was as if she was the virgin bride despite having kid and a sex tape .

And she just ate all that adoration up with a big ole spoon.

I think that one woman asked permission to tell her Kanye story because it was the story that allegedly Kanye first got an itch for Kim when he saw her sex tape . She left that little tidbit out.

• Love 2

farmgal4, where did you see Kris carrying North out at the ceremony?  did I miss that part on the episode shown on TV?

also, from what I have read here, I guess I'm the only one that liked the 1st bridesmaid's dresses the best.  Maybe not on them personally, but I actually liked the  first dresses alot.  I didn't care for the ones they went with at all.

Just saw the 'wedding episode'. Why in the world is this being treated as her first marriage when she just did this, what, 2 years ago...and this is her third marriage?  It just turned my stomach a bit listening to all of those women talk about Kanye's obsession with Kim for going back 7 years or more.  While listening to these stories,  and throughout the whole episode, we are forced to listen to that song about how 'Awesome' Kim is.  At least he used one of the words in her vocabulary so she would know what he meant.

One other thing I noticed, when they first all arrived in Paris, Kim was taking everyone around to show them how wonderful their life in Paris is.  Her 'Best Friend' (seems like anyone whose name she remembers becomes her 'best friend'.) Jonathon Whathisname was there along with a female friend.  So BFF Jonathon was allowed a guest but her own step-brother, Brody, was not? It did not tag this girl as 'Jonathon's Girlfriend' but as 'Jonathon's Friend'.

I do not understand why that belt was around her waist on her wedding dress.  It is not like she has some tiny waist she wants to show off; 

• Love 1

I do not understand why that belt was around her waist on her wedding dress. It is not like she has some tiny waist she wants to show off;

The dress was supposedly designed just for her but the. Claire Danes wore a red version of it to the golden globes. It does have a different skirt, neckline and no sleeves but the waist detail is the same.

http://mobi.perezhilton.com/cocoperez/2014-08-25-emmy-awards-emmys-2014-claire-danes-kim-kardashian-givenchy-who-wore-it-better#.VI9DnCm9Kc1

• Love 2

This episode was on the other day again, I saw the segment where Kim and her 'best girlfriends' went out for an evening in Paris. They were all sitting around the table, each person trying to top the previous persons story on how Kanye has been obsessed with Kim for so many years; If that were me, I would have started to freak out, it just all sounded so creepy! One of the stories tells how he called her one night & they talked on the phone for like 6 hours, so he called her again the next morning & said 'so where do we go from here?', she said 'no where, I have a boyfriend.'.  So, because they had one phone conversation that lasted a few hours, he was ready to walk down the aisle and assumed she was ready to do the same thing! Just all so creepy...

• Love 1

This episode was on the other day again, I saw the segment where Kim and her 'best girlfriends' went out for an evening in Paris. They were all sitting around the table, each person trying to top the previous persons story on how Kanye has been obsessed with Kim for so many years; If that were me, I would have started to freak out, it just all sounded so creepy! One of the stories tells how he called her one night & they talked on the phone for like 6 hours, so he called her again the next morning & said 'so where do we go from here?', she said 'no where, I have a boyfriend.'. So, because they had one phone conversation that lasted a few hours, he was ready to walk down the aisle and assumed she was ready to do the same thing! Just all so creepy...

I thought him asking where do we go from here?, was looking to hook up for some action, maybe a quickie on a sink, not necessarily a longstanding relationship, But really, in 6-8 hours she never mentions a boyfriend? Her feelings for the bf must have really been deep!!!!

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2

I thought him asking where do we go from here?, was looking to hook up for some action, maybe a quickie on a sink, not necessarily a longstanding relationship, But really, in 6-8 hours she never mentions a boyfriend? Her feelings for the bf must have really been deep!!!!

Exactly what I thought, iwasish...no mention of a boyfriend...she must have been leading him on, giving him hope for the future.

• Love 1

But really, in 6-8 hours she never mentions a boyfriend?

In fairness, if Kanye was in his usual full-rant mode, she may not have had the opportunity to say a single word during that conversation.

I can totally imagine her getting her makeup done with a bored expression on her face, with Kanye on speakerphone in the background yelling about his divine heritage and general awesomeness. That scene could easily play out for eight hours. Actually, it's kind of how I envision their entire marriage.

Edited by Stella MD
  • Love 3