Type keyword(s) to search

The Simpsons - General Discussion

nymusix
  • Start Topic

16 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Season 35, ep 4: Thirst Trap: A Corporate Love Story

Airs 10/29/23

I mean...I really do wonder why they're holding off the THOH until next week if they've been airing new episodes without interruption.

Yeah, not sure why they couldn't have swapped these two episodes. Especially since this episode wasn't particularly good and was parodying something that's out of date anyway. 

On 10/29/2023 at 8:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

It took me a bit to realize the plot is all a reference to Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos, whose only crime was scamming rich people. Which, in this country, is the worst crime of all.

That's what she went to jail for, yes.

However, she knew her piece of crap invention didn't work and probably never would. She put people's lives at risk.

• Like 5
On 10/31/2023 at 12:29 PM, Tachi Rocinante said:

However, she knew her piece of crap invention didn't work and probably never would. She put people's lives at risk.

True. I didn't follow the case at all really, but wasn't her invention a cancer test that gave false results? That's really bad and definitely a risk to people who got false negatives.

• Like 1

Season 35, ep 5: Treehouse of Horror XXXIV

After Bart is turned into an NFT, Marge fights through the blockchain to rescue her son; to track down a gruesome serial killer, Lisa turns to a murderer from her past; an outbreak transforms Springfielders into a plague of lazy, beer-loving oafs.

Airs 11/5/23

Wild Barts Can't Be Token: It was as dumb as we all thought it was. And it ended the way we all thought it would: Homer turns himself into an NFT just in time to become worthless. Honestly, the Snowpiercer stuff looked incredible. And it got Marge to kill a bunch of virtual cats. And that creepy RalphHouse abomination.

"Shut up, you ruined Cowbell!" was probably the line of the segment.

Ei8ht: I know they've done it before, but they can animate the show to look like the classic seasons this whole time?! Like, they could replicate Cape Feare (but with brighter colors), yet choose not to?! Man, this was a real gruesome looking one. I thought the turn that Lisa was the killer (with an evil side) was too sharp and sudden. But hey, I liked her in this one. It's rare she gets to be a badass.

Loutbreak: Man, that infected donut was really gross. As was the horrifying Homer!Marge. And of course Homer still loves her (perhaps even more) Man, everyone turning into Homer was like a way better version of the one with the clones. There was even a Homer!Kirk strangling Homer!Milhouse.

All in all, a fun one, but last year's was better.

• Like 4

Marge: "Aaaah !  My baby is an app."
Homer: "Uh no, apps actually do stuff.  He's an NFT."

Fomometer dial readings on the Block-train.

-- Never heard of it
-- Saw a tweet about it
-- Mentioned on the "Today" show 
-- Uber drivers says "Go For It"
-- Mortgage the House!

• Like 3

Season 35, ep 6: Iron Marge

When Marge's heart is broken by a bad birthday present, Bart and Lisa must dig into their mom's past to show that they really know her; Homer becomes a neighborhood fearmonger.

Airs 11/12/23

And heads up, it's airing at 8:30 tonight (and I think next week, too) instead of 8.

A robe was the perfect mom gift. It's a big callback to season 1 with Marge being disappointed by a thoughtless birthday gift. And for once, it wasn't from Homer! It was Bart and Lisa getting a cool spy kit they got from Flanders, and giving Marge two free branded ironing board covers (that she already had!). Having an African Grey as a kid was...a strange reveal, I'll admit. But I liked the turn that she hated it.

You know, since Mike Scully wrote this, this one really felt like an unmade Duncanville episode.

Oh man, Homer became a Ring Karen. All we needed was Homer confusing fireworks with gunshots. And of course he couldn't hold a candle to Agnes.

Loved Lisa's daydream about the cool kids. "Now Lisa's cool and there's nothing we can do about it!"

Edited by Galileo908

Oh joy, yet another “Marge is so unappreciated” episode. And ofc her long lost pet bird that Bart and Lisa found to make up for the crappy birthday gift terrorized her because the writers always make her such a sad sack.

Honestly, they should’ve just gotten her the robe in the first place. 

Edited by Spartan Girl
7 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Oh joy, yet another “Marge is so unappreciated” episode. And ofc her long lost pet bird that Bart and Lisa found to make up for the crappy birthday gift terrorized her because the writers always make her such a sad sack.

Honestly, they should’ve just gotten her the robe in the first place. 

There will be more Marge episodes until morale improves.

On 11/12/2023 at 9:14 PM, Galileo908 said:

There will be more Marge episodes until morale improves.

Well, the strikes are over, maybe that’ll help things lol.

But come to think of it, why didn’t Marge simply just TELL Bart and Lisa what she wanted for her birthday instead of her usual passive-aggressive “I’ll like whatever you get me” only to wind up disappointed?! She never learns.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 1

It's not too often Bart and Lisa are into the same toy. 

To be fair, the kids knew to get the robe. Marge could have suggested she wanted it for her birthday, but she's not really going to make the kids spend $44 on her. Or just say you don't want gifts. 

How did they get the money to go North Townsburg? 

Homer making up nonsense like 'religious fanatic running through town' was hilarious. Then trading barbs with Skinner's mom. Although it was funny that the overloaded sprinkler caused the sinkhole. 

One of the options on the noise generator was 'cattle stampede.'

• Like 1

Season 35, ep 7: It's a Blunderful Life

Lisa recounts the story of how Homer was scapegoated for a power outage that plunged Springfield into darkness days before Thanksgiving.

Airs 11/19/23

We get the show's third ever Thanksgiving episode! Hopefully it's a good one.

“Back when I grew up, in the 50s or 30s or whatever makes sense now “

And not episode related, but I only just now realized that Lisa would have been dress coded out of any school any of my kids attended. 
image.png.25f2e43dc5ad3925fe45a48c94e712d5.png

• LOL 2

Title: Turkey flying through!

Couch Gag: Paper Hand Turkey! I really liked the animation in this one.

Future!Marge actually sounded her age. And somehow still alive in 60 years. And man, was Harry Shearer's Burns sounding particularly rough.

I got a big laugh out of Quimby's Hunger/Squid Game being just the town trying to kill Milhouse. (And Milhouse happy he got picked once for something)

"I grew up in a cruel world like this. Either the thirties or the fifties, whichever makes sense now." I liked Grampa in this one.

The town moving the Simpsons (and Flanders!) house because they were sick of them was certainly something they hadn't tried before.

• Like 2

I’m annoyed that even after they found out the truth nobody apologized to Homer for treating him like shit. No the stuff in the past doesn’t matter, he didn’t cause this blackout so he didn’t deserve it.

And I guess Homer should start taking pictures of himself to prove his innocence from now on to save everyone the time of Marge’s endless whining and bitching.

I actually liked Grampa in this episode too though.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 1

Snow. Only in a museum. 

I was worried for Spartan Girl this was going to be two Marge episodes in a row. Picturing a 'ahh-oo-gah' sound and her hat jumping straight up off her head. 

But we have Marge not believing Homer. Isn't this why she has the secret money?

I just have to make sure that we all know you can't 'speed up the core'. 

The social media gag with Comic Book Guy was brilliant. 

• LOL 3
26 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I was worried for Spartan Girl this was going to be two Marge episodes in a row. Picturing a 'ahh-oo-gah' sound and her hat jumping straight up off her head. 

Okay, that made me laugh. Just so you know, my reactions are less ragey and more icy blistering contempt these days.

36 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

But we have Marge not believing Homer. Isn't this why she has the secret money?

I honestly thought Marge was gonna bring up that she counted every time Homer said some variation of "look into my eyes and believe me," and that the variant of touching his prostate would've been something like "three."

It’s still annoying me that Homer could’ve just told Marge that the food was outside and she could just check if she didn’t believe him. But then she wouldnt have had an excuse not to verify and therefore would have to apologize and of course the showrunners can’t have that.

Edited by Spartan Girl

In order to give Krapoplis the football lead-in again (and again), this week's Simpsons will be at 8:30; the same thing is happening on the 17th.  There is no episode on the 10th, and then the next new episode after Dec. 17 appears to be February 18.  They are apparently holding it back to air opposite the season premieres of American Idol and Superintendant Chalmers' favorite show, "The Equalizer starring the delightful Queen Latifah."

Hey, Bart making everyone hopped up on nicotine patches was an accident this time! And oh no, it was to get out of the square dancing class in gym! Thank you, Henry Ford.

Karen Gillan went all out as Maisie, and I was here for it. As did David Tennant voicing her dad.

Of all people LEOPOLD showed up to the wedding! And according to Michael Price, he was supposed to have a line, but it got cut.

Take THAT, Edinburgh Fringe Festival. "It's clever without being good!"

But maaaan, does everyone sound egregiously old in this one, especially Julie as Marge. Like I said before, Marge episodes will continue until morale improves. I'm with Homer when it comes to destination weddings. And weddings in general. And we'll never see Maisie again, despite apparently moving into Willie's Shack during the Belle & Sebastian song (which was great)

• Like 3

Milhous was doing the worm. I never had to dance in gym class though. 

tbh, detention with Willy doesn't seem so bad. My band director gave me detention once, and I helped him with his plants. 

I've actually been to Edinburgh! And went on a hike. Poor Homer was so clever to bring up the miles only to get shafted with another wedding. 

The fringe festival was hilarious - Hamlet with real dogs, Stephen Fry is Hugh Laurie. 

I was hoping for some Outlander jokes. 

I knew Maizey was familiar, but I still had to look it up. Gillan really up the Scot. I picked out Tennant though. 

Just now, Galileo908 said:

Like I said before, Marge episodes will continue until morale improves.

I await to hear from our Marge superfan with bated breath. Marge trashes Homer in front of everyone and has to apologize. 

• Like 3

“Nobody ever believes me!” Because you’ve lied a zillion times, Bart.

It actually was kind of fun watching Bart and Willie bond. And I’m glad he still got Maisie even though her brothers were using him.

But *long irritated sigh* once again Marge makes someone else’s relationship all. About. Herself. And her resentments. And of fucking course she gets drunk and blabs all and humiliates Homer. Show, why don’t you just let Karen Gillan shine instead of making us suffer through Marge’s ear-bleeding crypt keeper voice?

Although for once she actually apologized. That’s more than what we got in episodes like “Fan-Ily Feud” and “Werking Mom” where she just played the victim and got off scot-free. 

10 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

And we'll never see Maisie again, despite apparently moving into Willie's Shack during the Belle & Sebastian song (which was great)

Yup.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Show, why don’t you just let Karen Gillan shine instead of making us suffer through Marge’s ear-bleeding crypt keeper voice?

I wanted more of her and David Tennant! I know there's like six combined years worth of Doctor Who they're on, but they don't go so hard on the accents!

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

The fringe festival was hilarious - Hamlet with real dogs, Stephen Fry is Hugh Laurie. 

There were two signs! Hugh Laurie as Stephen Fry was one of the shows.

23 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Gillan was actually with the Eleventh Doctor, the one after Tennant. But they both toned their Scot accents on the show. Actually, I picked Tennant out because he sounded more like his character on Broadchurch. 

That's why I said "combined," since they were never in the same episode until now.

EDIT: They were in the same Doctor Who episode! Fires of Pompeii.

Edited by Galileo908
10 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I await to hear from our Marge superfan with bated breath. Marge trashes Homer in front of everyone and has to apologize. 

See my earlier post. I am slightly impressed that Marge actually apologized (even though it was only after Homer sent the video) since usually the show acts like she’s always in the right. Still I don’t know why the show is suddenly giving us an onslaught of this crap after starting the season with episodes where Homer and Marge have at least been on the same page. Are the writers that ignorant or are they just doing it for spite?

For the record, Homer is right about destination weddings and not everyone feels the same way about romance. There was no reason for Marge to do a Lorelei Gilmore at the rehearsal dinner.

Edited by Spartan Girl

List of all the events at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival:
-- Eddie Izzard In: Pants
-- Musical: The Play
-- Stephen Fry is Hugh Laurie
-- Wordle: A Tragedy in Six Tries
-- Hamlet with Real Dogs
-- The Fourth Wall
-- Car Crash: A Love Story
-- Three Tall Men Eating Cereal
-- "The Play That Goes Wrong" Goes Wrong
-- Woke-Lahoma
-- Puppetry of the Uvula
-- Toilet Song Trilogy
-- Sing-Along Black Mirror 
-- Cunk on Parodies
-- Non-Improvised Shakespeare
-- Hugh Laurie is Stephen Fry
-- The Benny Hillbillies
-- Bad Rapping Tonight
-- The Backwards Dickens Company

I wasn't sure if the 'The Belle and Sebastian Experience' was real.  Never heard of them before, had to look them up.  Had to look up who Cunk was too.

I like that Willie's rake was his best man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Had to look up who Cunk was too.

If you have Netflix, the shows are hysterical.  (and a lot of them are on YouTube also).    I want to see the Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry shows more than anything! 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

List of all the events at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival:
-- Eddie Izzard In: Pants
-- Musical: The Play
-- Stephen Fry is Hugh Laurie
-- Wordle: A Tragedy in Six Tries
-- Hamlet with Real Dogs
-- The Fourth Wall
-- Car Crash: A Love Story
-- Three Tall Men Eating Cereal
-- "The Play That Goes Wrong" Goes Wrong
-- Woke-Lahoma
-- Puppetry of the Uvula
-- Toilet Song Trilogy
-- Sing-Along Black Mirror 
-- Cunk on Parodies
-- Non-Improvised Shakespeare
-- Hugh Laurie is Stephen Fry
-- The Benny Hillbillies
-- Bad Rapping Tonight
-- The Backwards Dickens Company

Thanks. Sometimes I'm "Should I pause here or go rewind at the commercial to read it? and then immediately I'm "Nah, otto will post it" 👍

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, KWalkerInc said:

There's now a press release for a new episode on Christmas Eve?  They must be assuming that they can still benefit from the football lead-in that night, otherwise that's weird. 

I was about to say the same thing.

Season 35, ep 9: Murder, She Boat

Lisa must solve a closed-boat mystery when Comic Book Guy's million dollar action figure is "murdered" on a pop culture cruise.

Airs 12/17/23 (34 years to the day of the first episode!) at 8:30pm again.

• Like 1

I like that they got Thirteen into the pickleball. Taika was wonderfully so over the top. I liked that they kept saying his full name. 

Freeze on Lisa's tablet - Otto, CBG stole his CBD. 

I liked that the Simpsons were wearing all different outfits than normal. 

And the vegemite was the smoking gun!

I loved that CBG had the right graphics on his R2D2.

• Like 2

I'll be honest, I would've loved the Nerd Boat cruise. The Pacific Princess Leia was a grade-A pun, as was Flando Calrissian. I was too distracted looking at all the cosplayers. I caught Sherri and Terri as the Wonder Twins, and Milo and Strawberry as Stretch Dude and Clobber Girl. Also loved the guy dressed as Hedonismbot (voiced by Maurice La Marche!)

I also loved the Avatar volleyball game (Na'vi vs Last Airbender!) and the Doctor Who Pickleball game with Doctors that weren't Tom Baker (it was One and Thirteen vs Ten and Eleven).

The starfucking of Taika Waititi didn't age too well. People don't like him now for whatever reason. I knew he was the culprit. But I did like how the motive was because his show got Zaslav'd.

Edited by Galileo908

Bumblebee Man was on the bottom of the list. 

I only know Taika Waititi from Our Flag Means Death and the Smartless podcast. I don't really know why people don't like him because I have a job. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • LOL 1