Type keyword(s) to search

The Simpsons - General Discussion

nymusix
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

I laughed when Marge dropped the f-bomb. Only time I laughed in the whole episode.

Yeah, what was up with the tv-14 DLV warning at the beginning?  I feel like they’re getting this show mixed up with Family Guy or something. 

I did chuckle at Tweeters Sinai Bird Hospital.

Some of the other jobs on gig-junkie.com:

-- Graverobber's Apprentice -- Physically fit night owl needed to excavate, appraise jewelry, and haggle with pawnbrokers for illicit, exciting, and occasionally smelly work. Morally ambivalent shovel owners preferred
-- Bolt Gun Operators -- Smart, non-squeamish animal-lovers needed to facilitate Bovine cerebral puncturing at large multinational Beef and Horse meat concern. No weirdos.
-- Ride Share Driver
-- Shoe Shiner
-- Fight Club Referee

Here's the list of ghost kitchens operating out of GimmeChow:

-- Appetite 4 Induction
-- Nugget Safari
-- Wok Tease
-- Atlas Grubbed
-- Wing Slut
-- Gospel Fried Catfish
-- Final Moo BBQ
-- The Phuket Bucket
-- Uncle Mohl's Deli
-- Mama Juju's Bayou Bistro

The big bucket of Mayo was labeled Mayo Edebiri, a play on 'The Bear' cast member Ayo Edebiri.

Union protest signs:
-- Labor Rules
-- Chop Onions, Not Unions
-- Tech Bros Drool
-- No Justice, No Pizza

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I could totally buy all the food apps being a con of the same people cooking in a kitchen. Lisa being the cause of the problem is rare too.

That is kind of how Ghost Kitchens work, but The Simpsons version has ALL of them in Springfield be from one kitchen.

22 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Union protest signs:
-- Labor Rules
-- Chop Onions, Not Unions
-- Tech Bros Drool
-- No Justice, No Pizza

I liked Nelson's mom holding up an "ONIONS" label when they were forming the union.

(edited)

Also just realized a plot hole: why didn’t they just get a bunch of frozen meals that Homer and the kids could just stick in the ocean instead of Marge expecting them to make home cooked meals together?

Oh right, because Marge is the perpetual victim.

Edited by Spartan Girl
26 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Homer did say it was better when people brought you food. Plus, you think he'd be able to cook even a frozen meal?

It's the simplest task, but point taken. Because God forbid any of these characters actually grow.

I honestly thought it would have been better if it turned out Homer tipped off the billionaire owner about the drones because he planned to screw him over on purpose like he did for Lisa in the American Idol(ish) episode.

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Marge is delusional if she thought Homer could cook dinner anyway.

Seriously, I don’t know what she expects at this point.

Edited by Spartan Girl

"The House Falls Apart when Marge isn't There" has been a stock plot since the golden era. I defer back to Marge in Chains in season 4, and $pringfield in season 5.

Yeah, Marge should REALLY know better than to let Homer in charge.

• Like 3

Catching up... I liked "Clan of the Cave Mom" and Marge is my second least favorite character.  I liked that she was defending her son, even if her son was kind of a jerk and Luanne wasn't wrong about it.

The animation of the caveman sequences juxtaposed with the scenes of the corresponding action in Springfield were just beautiful.  

Season 35, ep 15: Cremains of The Day

When someone in Homer's life passes away. he and some guys from Moe's go on a road trip to scatter the ashes.

Airs 4/21/24

Well, Moe is a bookie, so of course he never actually gambled before.

I got a chuckle out of the Quimbys having their own RFK Jr.

We finally got an episode about Larry The Barfly (and he actually has a last name: Dalrymple), and now he's dead. I liked the Eleanor Rigby-style song about him, too. Turns out he was a jewel smuggler for Fat Tony. Who knew? 

I was wondering where Barney was, but he was in South America building a well for a village. And where was Sam, for that matter? He was the other unnamed barfly, he was the guy who wore the hat. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Galileo908 said:

got a chuckle out of the Quimbys having their own RFK Jr.

Lol me too.

With the exception of Marge getting in her designated two minutes of self-righteous hypocrisy—I didn’t see her bothering to reach out to Larry while she was still alive—this was a fun episode. I did love how, despite the fight, none of the guys even thought of trying to screw each other over when the car was about to go over the cliff. Although Moe did bogart the sapphires in the end.

• Like 1
(edited)

I watched the superbowl at 6 am when I lived in Japan. I had to get there for 6. It was $50 all you could drink with eggs, bacon, and hash browns at half time. Better than watching a junk game in London. 

We'll "wake" you up before you "go-go"!

Wow, hard with RFK zinger. 

I'm not hard on Marge as Heisenberg our SpartanGirl, but she's haranguing Homer about Larry who she literally didn't know existed until right now. If he went off with Lenny and all them to scatter the ashes, she'd be yelling at him for just taking off with the guys. 

I'm surprised they got wifebanger by. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Homer about Larry who she literally didn't know existed until right now.

According to Homer, he was (probably) the barfly who called him Bill.