Type keyword(s) to search

The Simpsons - General Discussion

nymusix
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

I laughed when Marge dropped the f-bomb. Only time I laughed in the whole episode.

Yeah, what was up with the tv-14 DLV warning at the beginning?  I feel like they’re getting this show mixed up with Family Guy or something. 

I did chuckle at Tweeters Sinai Bird Hospital.

Some of the other jobs on gig-junkie.com:

-- Graverobber's Apprentice -- Physically fit night owl needed to excavate, appraise jewelry, and haggle with pawnbrokers for illicit, exciting, and occasionally smelly work. Morally ambivalent shovel owners preferred
-- Bolt Gun Operators -- Smart, non-squeamish animal-lovers needed to facilitate Bovine cerebral puncturing at large multinational Beef and Horse meat concern. No weirdos.
-- Ride Share Driver
-- Shoe Shiner
-- Fight Club Referee

Here's the list of ghost kitchens operating out of GimmeChow:

-- Appetite 4 Induction
-- Nugget Safari
-- Wok Tease
-- Atlas Grubbed
-- Wing Slut
-- Gospel Fried Catfish
-- Final Moo BBQ
-- The Phuket Bucket
-- Uncle Mohl's Deli
-- Mama Juju's Bayou Bistro

The big bucket of Mayo was labeled Mayo Edebiri, a play on 'The Bear' cast member Ayo Edebiri.

Union protest signs:
-- Labor Rules
-- Chop Onions, Not Unions
-- Tech Bros Drool
-- No Justice, No Pizza

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I could totally buy all the food apps being a con of the same people cooking in a kitchen. Lisa being the cause of the problem is rare too.

That is kind of how Ghost Kitchens work, but The Simpsons version has ALL of them in Springfield be from one kitchen.

22 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Union protest signs:
-- Labor Rules
-- Chop Onions, Not Unions
-- Tech Bros Drool
-- No Justice, No Pizza

I liked Nelson's mom holding up an "ONIONS" label when they were forming the union.

(edited)

Also just realized a plot hole: why didn’t they just get a bunch of frozen meals that Homer and the kids could just stick in the ocean instead of Marge expecting them to make home cooked meals together?

Oh right, because Marge is the perpetual victim.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Homer did say it was better when people brought you food. Plus, you think he'd be able to cook even a frozen meal?

It's the simplest task, but point taken. Because God forbid any of these characters actually grow.

I honestly thought it would have been better if it turned out Homer tipped off the billionaire owner about the drones because he planned to screw him over on purpose like he did for Lisa in the American Idol(ish) episode.

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Marge is delusional if she thought Homer could cook dinner anyway.

Seriously, I don’t know what she expects at this point.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 1

"The House Falls Apart when Marge isn't There" has been a stock plot since the golden era. I defer back to Marge in Chains in season 4, and $pringfield in season 5.

Yeah, Marge should REALLY know better than to let Homer in charge.

• Like 4

Catching up... I liked "Clan of the Cave Mom" and Marge is my second least favorite character.  I liked that she was defending her son, even if her son was kind of a jerk and Luanne wasn't wrong about it.

The animation of the caveman sequences juxtaposed with the scenes of the corresponding action in Springfield were just beautiful.  

Season 35, ep 15: Cremains of The Day

When someone in Homer's life passes away. he and some guys from Moe's go on a road trip to scatter the ashes.

Airs 4/21/24

Well, Moe is a bookie, so of course he never actually gambled before.

I got a chuckle out of the Quimbys having their own RFK Jr.

We finally got an episode about Larry The Barfly (and he actually has a last name: Dalrymple), and now he's dead. I liked the Eleanor Rigby-style song about him, too. Turns out he was a jewel smuggler for Fat Tony. Who knew? 

I was wondering where Barney was, but he was in South America building a well for a village. And where was Sam, for that matter? He was the other unnamed barfly, he was the guy who wore the hat. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Galileo908 said:

got a chuckle out of the Quimbys having their own RFK Jr.

Lol me too.

With the exception of Marge getting in her designated two minutes of self-righteous hypocrisy—I didn’t see her bothering to reach out to Larry while she was still alive—this was a fun episode. I did love how, despite the fight, none of the guys even thought of trying to screw each other over when the car was about to go over the cliff. Although Moe did bogart the sapphires in the end.

• Like 1
(edited)

I watched the superbowl at 6 am when I lived in Japan. I had to get there for 6. It was $50 all you could drink with eggs, bacon, and hash browns at half time. Better than watching a junk game in London. 

We'll "wake" you up before you "go-go"!

Wow, hard with RFK zinger. 

I'm not hard on Marge as Heisenberg our SpartanGirl, but she's haranguing Homer about Larry who she literally didn't know existed until right now. If he went off with Lenny and all them to scatter the ashes, she'd be yelling at him for just taking off with the guys. 

I'm surprised they got wifebanger by. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Homer about Larry who she literally didn't know existed until right now.

According to Homer, he was (probably) the barfly who called him Bill.

Season 35, ep 16: The Tell-Tale Pants

Marge comes upon a surprisingly windfall and, angry with Homer, spends it secretly on herself.

Airs 5/5/24

Huh, I thought we've seen that one already? I think I'm thinking of a plot where it happened to Homer. Either way, I can see a certain someone here already bracing for impact.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Huh, I thought we've seen that one already? I think I'm thinking of a plot where it happened to Homer. Either way, I can see a certain someone here already bracing for impact.

Here We Go Again GIF

• Like 1
(edited)

Couch Gag: Kirby dots!

Hans Moleman: 1931 - Soon 

I liked all the Easter Eggs at the Springy Awards: Arthur Crandall and Gabbo! Greta Wolfcastle! Flanders is played on to the "Everybody Loves Ned Flanders" theme! Of course, it was all Marge's dream. Explains how Sideshow Mel was able to beat her in Best Sailboat Painting. Also liked all the jokes about what I'm presuming are the writers knocks at all the award shows they go to. Like the overpriced food, the Academy Museum, and The Simpsons being thanked in the show program.

Marge, Moe jammed everyone's cell phones and wifi. That's why he was late for the umpteenth time. AND THEN got offended when Homer spent his free baseball tickets without asking her! But I appreciate that Homer's pants were worth a realistic $2600. She also shouldn't feel guilty about buying a gaudy ring from the Yes Guy (when was the last time we saw him?!) with it and wearing it around. And of course it's the most unethical blood diamond in the world. Sigh.

"Wah, I built a bomb and I cried when they dropped it!" Only a year after Malibu StacyBarbenHeimer, that's a quick turn around! So, what, the only thing that came from it was Homer scoring the baseball tickets from pocketing the highly radioactive block and Smither's dying his hair?

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 1

Oh no. I’m not getting the Heisenberg hat out. I’m too tired.

Because how many times can Al Jean and the other so-called writers do the same godamn episode over and over again, where Marge feels under appreciated and plays the goddamn victim to do something shady, and yet it’s Homer that gets castigated?

Got so close to actual comeuppance with her pettiness catching up with her and the diamond being revealed as a blood diamond after all that, but of course Marge doesn’t care. 

1 minute ago, Galileo908 said:

Marge, Moe jammed everyone's cell phones and wifi. That's why he was late for the umpteenth time. AND THEN got offended when Homer spent his free baseball tickets without asking her!

And she doesn’t even LIKE baseball!

• Like 1
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

If you're like me and wondering what happened to Maya (Moe's little person girlfriend/fiance), good news!

It’s not good news when it’s a Jean episode, which means it’s going to be another marriage crapfest. Also, if Moe finally got a great girl in Maya, then why is he still fantasizing about the most basic bitch in Springfield?! I hoped we were past that, but tonight’s episode proved me wrong.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 1

I can't imagine how Duff beer could be too woke. 

The Larry urn was still in Moe's!

I don't get how Marge needs the money from Homer's pants when she's getting the monthly stipend from the Lizzo episode. I guess she didn't actually need the money, but she was kind of spiteful to Homer's pants. 

I don't think it's too much Marge was ticked that Homer was at Moe's when she had to go to the ER. I don't know it's entirely Homer's fault beyond always being at the bar. He didn't know Moe was blocking cell service. Marge sniping "Where all problems end" is a little much. 

Burns' griping at Oppenheimer was priceless. "Tickling the Dragon's Tail" is a real thing! So is the "demon core" which is what it's about. Deep cut. 

5 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

the most basic bitch in Springfield

This is the name of my new dub step band. 

• LOL 1
15 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

It’s not good news when it’s a Jean episode, which means it’s going to be another marriage crapfest. Also, if Moe finally gir a great girl in Maya, then why is he still fantasizing about the most basic bitch in Springfield?! I hoped we were past that, but tonight’s episode proved me wrong.

Yeah, the title alone was a giveaway.

Also liked the drawings on Moe during the Grinch song.

19 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I don't think it's too much Marge was ticked that Homer was at Moe's when she had to go to the ER. I don't know it's entirely Homer's fault beyond always being at the bar. He didn't know Moe was blocking cell service. Marge sniping "Where all problems end" is a little much.

I wasn’t as annoyed at that part as I was about her getting pissy that Homer didn’t ask her to the baseball game when she doesn’t even like baseball. But yeah, the whole setup of episode was just Marge playing the victim for the millionth time.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

But yeah, the whole setup of episode was just Marge playing the victim for the millionth time.

I wouldn't have minded if she won the money or found it and then wanted to spend it on herself, but she lied to Homer about the pants. Homer is dumb, but he doesn't really deceive Marge deliberately. He didn't lie about being at Moe's or the baseball game. 

• Like 4

and yet another Disney+ Simpsons Short

"May The 12th Be With You"

Marge tries to have an intergalactic Disney World vacation with practically all of the Disney Moms and their children  (over 200 characters from various Disney movies and TV shows).  Darth Vader and the Stormtroopers show up to try and ruin the festivities.

and (for everyone who likes these lists that are constantly on this show now) Goofy tries to decide which ice cream flavor he wants:

The Lime King

Chocolate Chip and Dale

Berry Poppins

The Mango-lorian

CreamBoat Willie

Huey, Chewy, and Gooey

Thor:  Ragnorocky Road

Fruitti and the Beast

Bluey Berry

Eggnogs and Spoonsticks

Finding Fro-yo

Disney on Ice Cream

Winnie the Peach

Wookies and Cream

Obi Rum-Kenobi

I am Groot Beer

Carbs

Wreck it Then Ralph

Fudge Marble Universe

Who Fudged Roger Rabbit

Frozen Eeyogurt

Turning Red Velvet

• Like 2

The moral of today's episode: Don't tip if you pay on an app. Oh, and pay people a living wage.

Come on, Marge is right to be mad at Homer for accidentally leaving a $10K tip, then doubling down on it. Gotta love an episode written by Hollywood writers expected to leave giant tips just because they work on the Simpsons. I thought this would end once Homer's card bounced but then I forgot about overdraft fees. So many overdraft fees. But SIGH, once again Marge easily forgives Homer. "You ruined us financially, but your heart was in the right place. But we're still bankrupt so you have to work it off."

Wow, Portuguese Fausto came back after 17 seasons. I wish there was more of Little Europe.

(edited)

Ok I did laugh at the fantasy fakeouts and the Austin Powers tipping sequences.

6 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Come on, Marge is right to be mad at Homer for accidentally leaving a $10K tip, then doubling down on it. Gotta love an episode written by Hollywood writers expected to leave giant tips just because they work on the Simpsons. I thought this would end once Homer's card bounced but then I forgot about overdraft fees. So many overdraft fees. But SIGH, once again Marge easily forgives Homer. "You ruined us financially, but your heart was in the right place. But we're still bankrupt so you have to work it off."

Yes, but she blew a bunch of money on herself on a blood diamond ring last week and she never even got called out for that, so…

At this point, I really don’t understand why Marge would invite Patty and Selma over when Homer went missing. Do you not expect that they’d try to put you back on the singles market instead of actually doing anything to help?!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

Wow, Portuguese Fausto came back after 17 seasons. I wish there was more of Little Europe.

I also liked the Eurovision-inspired song. According to Matt Selman, a lot of it (especially the version over the credits) was adlibbed by Kyle Gordon.

Edited by Galileo908
On 5/5/2024 at 8:33 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Because how many times can Al Jean and the other so-called writers do the same godamn episode over and over again, where Marge feels under appreciated and plays the goddamn victim to do something shady, and yet it’s Homer that gets castigated?

I think I would be okay with them killing off Marge for good just so we can be done with the millionth retread of this stale plotline.

It is something I never thought I would want

• Like 1

Tipping is a good topic to tackle.  

I do tip well to the places I frequent which is usually because of drinks. However, I agree with Homer that they put in a service fee and tip included, and then asked for a tip. I was at a restaurant with a big party and they did the same. I did add a lower than my average tip because of that, but most of the people there didn't add anything extra. I do tip at the coffee shop because they'll give you a refill. 

One thing I don't do is tip housekeeping. I just can't. So I just put out the do not disturb sign and no one comes in. 

Just so you all know, legit nuclear power plant operators make six figures easy. 

55 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

I also liked the Eurovision-inspired song.

The woman with the cargo sweats and the other guy I think are from an actual Eurovision song or video. 

One thing that got me is how behind debit technology seems to be in the States in general. Swiping, adding the tip and then SIGNING seems so strange to me. 

Up here in Canada, we've been chip and pin (and now tap) for so long it's second nature. I can't remember the last time I actually had to sign something. They just pass over the debit machine, I push a few buttons (which are usually small enough that only I can see so no one can 'see' how I tip) and tap the card and I'm done. 

Signing a paper receipt is unheard of, and even the tablet methods are extremely rare. 

Sadly, Canada has a bit of a hybrid tipping model inherited partly from the States. We do make sure everyone gets minimum wage at least; there isn't an expected "Oh you'll make up the difference in tips so we only pay a couple bux an hour" idea. But tipping for services is still soemwhat expected and spreading. We tend to top out between 10-20% (since taxes tend to be in the 15% range, many feel that's a fair tip; or at least I do). 

As for the rest of the ep, I found it fairly meh. Some interesting ideas but they pushed the message too far into the extremes I think just for the sake of a few jokes and I found it fell flat for me. So about average for recent seasons in general. 

There's a lot of places like convenience stories and markets where you just tap your card and that's it. 

Coffee shops and what they showed in this episode; the bar I like to frequent, still have tap the card, but then the tip menu comes up and you have to sign it. You usually can get the receipt emailed. 

I don't normally get offended by stuff like this, but that joke in Moe's Bar about "tipping" (complete with all the....noises and the ...uhhh...."money shot" at the end), seemed very off-brand for the show to me. The show doesn't usually get that graphic with stuff like that. 

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Phishbulb said:

I don't normally get offended by stuff like this, but that joke in Moe's Bar about "tipping" (complete with all the....noises and the ...uhhh...."money shot" at the end), seemed very off-brand for the show to me. The show doesn't usually get that graphic with stuff like that. 

I thought that it felt like a Family Guy joke.

• Like 4
On 5/5/2024 at 5:28 PM, SoMuchTV said:

So does Elton John get residuals for Levon? 

I'm sure he does.

Which begs the question, why did they pony up for "Levon" but not for "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch"? 

I took a quick trip down the rabbit hole and all I can come up with is that between them Seuss Enterprises and Universal Studios own the copyrights, and the former is very protective of their intellectual property - maybe they just weren't interested.

Ooh, new metal intro with Bart's Brain. Well, it was a good excuse to finally do the "have to take care of a fake baby" plot. Marge knew Bart had to take care of the brain for a school assignment, right? But then, yeah, he DID become the Town Weirdo. I did like how Bart became disinterested when he learned the brain belonged to a boring tax accountant, and then gave it a Paul Walker-esque sendoff.

Couch Gag: The brain on the couch

Hey, they remembered the REAL Comptroller Atkins exists! I guess when Superintendent Chalmers is in almost every other episode, they had to bring in SOMEONE that outranks him. Chalmers showing up used to be an event, but these days he and Skinner are rarely separated from the hip.

Nicotine Jerky is a definite Simpsons invention. And Marge roasting a watermelon was such a weird, random detail. 

I thought this one was pretty good. See you all in the fall!

• Like 3

This was a weird episode and…I actually liked it. A lot. 

“Remember when you thought Lisa was going to hell because she’s a vegetarian?”

”I still do.”

*sigh* Well I almost went a whole episode without Marge doing something to piss me off.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Spartan Girl said:

“Remember when you thought Lisa was going to hell because she’s a vegetarian?”

”I still do.”

I mean, it sounds perfectly in character for her. Marge, someone who still slipped meat in her meals. And everything about what she did in She of Little Faith.

• Like 1

The opening metal theme with the brain was really well done. Everyone freaking out about the brain was hilarious. 

Nelson doing the shopping was a cool character touch. 

Church - the big book of stuff that never happened. And a Yahoo Serious shout out at church!

59 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

And Marge roasting a watermelon was such a weird, random detail. 

That was in the dishwasher!

I will place my Heisenberg hat on the shelf until fall. 

• Like 2