Type keyword(s) to search

The Little Couple Season 8 Begins Tuesday January 5, 2016!

• Start Topic

It's more than a little sad to me that, of all the utter crap this network airs, all the grifters and dirtbags that they make rich, this was the one to end this way. 

Oh, well. More a problem for us than them - in this case. They'll be fine.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RealityCowgirl said:

It's more than a little sad to me that, of all the utter crap this network airs, all the grifters and dirtbags that they make rich, this was the one to end this way. 

Oh, well. More a problem for us than them - in this case. They'll be fine.

The Kleins, and most especially Will & Zoey, will absolutely be MUCH better off - off the air. The kids are both right at the starting point of being aware of the show & that most other people DON'T have cameras following them all the time. That the fact that complete strangers are interested in them, come up to the family in public, even that classmates are watching the show at home. No matter how fine a school they attend and how the adults around them handle it, they will "hear about" being on TV from other kids. And I'm not saying it'll be a lot of cruel stuff, but it's unlikely there won't be any. At the very least, they're sure to be subject to some teasing. Even with sympathetic, supportive parents & all that the Kleins can afford to buy, life is going to be tough enough. Those kids, like all kids, deserve to have as normal and private a childhood as they can get.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Wellfleet said:

The Kleins, and most especially Will & Zoey, will absolutely be MUCH better off - off the air. The kids are both right at the starting point of being aware of the show & that most other people DON'T have cameras following them all the time. That the fact that complete strangers are interested in them, come up to the family in public, even that classmates are watching the show at home. No matter how fine a school they attend and how the adults around them handle it, they will "hear about" being on TV from other kids. And I'm not saying it'll be a lot of cruel stuff, but it's unlikely there won't be any. At the very least, they're sure to be subject to some teasing. Even with sympathetic, supportive parents & all that the Kleins can afford to buy, life is going to be tough enough. Those kids, like all kids, deserve to have as normal and private a childhood as they can get.

I have to agree with you. The very best thing for the kids would be if this show never returned. I enjoyed watching Bill and Jen but once they brought the kids in, I didn't watch as much.  I also lost all respect for both of them in the episode where they adopted Zoey.  It was so cold hearted to allow a camera crew to stick a camera and mike in that terrified little girl's face.

I don't think any child for any reason should grow up on reality television. Looking at my life now, I would hate having my life and my childhood on the internet for anybody to see any time they want.  Unless a person is old enough to sign their own contract, they shouldn't be on TV, in my opinion.  

Nobody knows how this is going to affect these kids down the road and I wouldn't want any child I love to be one of the test subjects.  

I know most of you love this couple and this is just my opinion, it's not meant to offend or start an argument.  Bill and Jen seemed like great people to me too, until the Zoey episode.   That episode left me wondering what kind of person would do that to a frightened little girl. 

• Love 3

To be fair though, they put a halt on filming while they bonded with Zoey, and made her comfortable in her new home.  I bet TLC wasn't too pleased about that, but they obviously stuck to their guns since there is no footage of that time period.

• Love 8

I'm sorry, but this is the era of everyone putting everything out there all over the interwebz; the selfie generation, if you will.  Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube, etc, etc, ad nauseum.  It's the season of the famewhores, and I will be ecstatic to see it pass - if I live that long.

• Love 3
On 8/5/2016 at 10:12 AM, Wellfleet said:

These damn quote boxes just won't go away. 

@walnutqueen, if an adult wants to put their lives out there on social media for everyone to see, I think that's fine. I sure as hell don't do it and don't understand people who do but they're adults and can do what they want.  I have a problem with people putting children's lives out there on TV or social media.   I just feel bad because the kids don't have a choice. 

I live alone on 38 acres with a lot of animals because I'm just not a people person, so I will never understand why  anybody would want their private lives exposed to the world.  Different strokes I guess. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

These damn quote boxes just won't go away. 

@walnutqueen, if an adult wants to put their lives out there on social media for everyone to see, I think that's fine. I sure as hell don't do it and don't understand people who do but they're adults and can do what they want.  I have a problem with people putting children's lives out there on TV or social media.   I just feel bad because the kids don't have a choice. 

I live alone on 38 acres with a lot of animals because I'm just not a people person, so I will never understand why  anybody would want their private lives exposed to the world.  Different strokes I guess. 

I am SOOOO with you,  TT.  My little suburban <1/8th acre is an animal haven, and I am a total solitary recluse; PTV is as socially media-ish as I ever get!  I've never even owned a cell phone!!!!  My critters are delightful, but I'm OK with NOT posting videos or pics on Youtube or the likes.  ;-)

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, auntl said:

I agree completely. I will just add that I think that the same disregard was given to Will's feelings on his gotcha day and the few days following.

I seem to recall Jen admitting they filmed the hotel scene twice on Will's gotcha day(s).  

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 1:20 PM, walnutqueen said:

I'm sorry, but this is the era of everyone putting everything out there all over the interwebz; the selfie generation, if you will.  Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube, etc, etc, ad nauseum.  It's the season of the famewhores, and I will be ecstatic to see it pass - if I live that long.

Maybe with the advent of a zombie apocalypse and the subsequent collapse of the internet we'll get relief. Otherwise, its here to stay.

• Love 2
On 8/14/2016 at 8:45 PM, eributterfly said:

Very disappointing and even more so since neither Jen or Bill are big posters on IG or Twitter so that we can see how the kids are growing up.

This is kind of what I was talking about in my earlier comment. I don't mean this personally against you but I would be a little creeped out if a stranger was upset because they couldn't see my kids grow up.   It just seems unsafe for the kids. How do you teach a child about strangers when every stranger they encounter knows everything about them? 

If an adult wants to expose their lives and give up their privacy, more power to them but I just don't think minor children should be made to do it to, just my own opinion. 

Edited because I've felt bad ever since I posted this comment.  @eributterfly,  I didn't mean to imply in any way that your comment was creepy or anything like that at all.  I was just using your post as an example. I'm sorry if it felt like I was singling you out. 

Edited by Talky Tina
  • Love 4
On 12/24/2015 at 8:45 AM, auntl said:

Zoey's farm birthday had over 75 guests, live animals, and required a 14 page instruction list to prepare for it. We see in the previews that this year's party is at a 5 star hotel. Zoey's picture is displayed, as big as life, outside on the marquis of the hotel. I don't think that either Will's zoo party or science party are in the same league with these two major events.

Needing a 14 page instruction booklet to prepare was purely Jen being a control freak, and perhaps more than a little anal.  She even admitted this.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

I heard that the Little Couple is not filming because Jen and Bill had to remove Will from school due to behavioral issues....temper tantrums and such.

Wow!    That's sad to hear.   Where did you get that information?  

I read that there were several TLC shows that are embroiled in a lawsuit with LMNO Productions.

"The shows in limbo, which represent the bulk of LMNO’s production slate, include The Little Couple and 7 Little Johnstons for TLC as well as Unusual Suspects, Killer Confessions, Hollywood & Crime and The Coroner: I Speak for the Dead. "

http://deadline.com/2016/06/discovery-shuts-down-six-shows-little-couple-lawsuit-lmno-productions-1201777943/

• Love 1
9 hours ago, MistyMeg said:

Ohh... I am sad if this is not returning...they  are one  Tv family I actually like!   ( Apart from Jens voice and laugh  which she cannot help!)...

Never Fear!  It is returning September 19, 2017.

• Love 3