Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

(((PastyandEddie)))

Merciful Father, give rest to the soul of Your departed servant where sorrow has no place. Pardon every transgression which they have committed, whether by word or deed or thought. For You are the Resurrection, the Life, and the Repose of Your servants who have departed. Unto You is the glory, and with Your Father the eternal Spirit, now and ever unto ages of ages. Amen.

• Love 4

CD, you always say the most wonderful prayers in times of sorrow. I really appreciate them. Smooches ❤️

I’m looking forward to being with my grandkids tonight and handing out candy at my son’s house while he and my DIL take them out. I love Hallowe’en and miss the trick or treaters now that I don’t live in town. ??

Using Mr. Mueller as my daytime entertainment to distract me. ?

• Love 8
On 10/29/2017 at 9:57 PM, PatsyandEddie said:

Geez people, I just fought out about an hour ago that my late brother’s youngest son was killed in an accident yesterday. They live thousands of miles away and I wish I could just hug his family!They lost another son 20 years ago to a drug overdose. The nephew who called me said his mother is beside herself. Shit!! Too much for one family to bear ?

I am so sorry for you and your family.  It seems there is such tragedy in the world today.  My heart goes out to you all.

• Love 6

I'm nervous.

I got a call last week from one of our clients. Her husband is an children's optometrist and she's looking for a backup receptionist. Right now it might only be one or two Monday's a month but it could become more permanent. She asked if I was interested and I said yes. Tomorrow morning I'm going down there to see what it's like and have her show me around. I just hope I do well, I'm have this irrational fear it'll be like the animal hospital where the staff hates me and I'm in over my head.

Anyway, positive thoughts, please.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

jewel21, how did the job interview go?

It actually ended up being a training. I was super nervous but I stayed the whole day and answered phones, took down appointments, and was shown the ropes. Took a ton of notes. The manager said she thought I did well and when asked if I wanted to come back on the 20th (it's every second Monday) I said yes. I will be alone that day, though, and I hope I will be okay and I won't forget everything she showed me. I'm still nervous I will mess up. But it looks as though I finally have a second job. Thanks for asking!

• Love 12
11 hours ago, jewel21 said:

It actually ended up being a training. I was super nervous but I stayed the whole day and answered phones, took down appointments, and was shown the ropes. Took a ton of notes. The manager said she thought I did well and when asked if I wanted to come back on the 20th (it's every second Monday) I said yes. I will be alone that day, though, and I hope I will be okay and I won't forget everything she showed me. I'm still nervous I will mess up. But it looks as though I finally have a second job. Thanks for asking!

that's awesome jewel21....i am so proud of you for opening the door.....you are going to do great, i have no doubt about that..

i think they will love you as much as cs loves her aa.....

you are truly a gem.

• Love 7

This is great news, Jewel!

You know what do to: Study your notes, breath, and ask questions. Remember that no one expects you to know everything after one training session, and working two days a month. You have a broad learning curve.

You're going to do a good job, because you go above and beyond what's asked of you. Trust yourself.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 6

i am in tears.  just got back from hair dressers and my hair is hacked.  it is so short in spots, long in others and just all around crappy...

i asked hairdresser what are you doing?  she said she was trying to even it out but when she would cut in one spot she had to cut in another cause i guess my hair is weird or something...

i was so upset, i was crying uncontrollably.  

at least they didn't make me pay for it and gave me 2 coupons for complimentary cuts..

don't know if i will ever go back there tho..

• Love 6

i would compare my haircut to a high and tight.

very very short (shaved would just be a bit shorter than what i have) on sides and back.

top is a bit longer but not by very much...probably spike able.

i hate it.  i am embarrassed to be seen in it.

my face is not suited to something so drastically short.

i typically wear short hair.  just not this.  

• Love 6

(((Valley)))

There's nothing worse than a I Need To Talk To Your Manager haircut. 

Unusual-Dogs-Haircuts-0.jpg

I've been there.

We got the Halloween decorations put away (Goodbye, murder of crows) as we dragged out Christmas stuff. <ducking> I know, it's much too early.

Normally we host ThanksChristgivingMas, because Mr.Stunt's parents leave after Thanksgiving for Hawaii, so we celebrate both holidays with too much food and a gift exchange with the Stunt family. This Thanksgiving we're flying to London to spend the weekend with Thing1 while she's overseas, so ThanksChristgivingMas is happening a week early. Up go the wreaths and bubble lights, tinsel, garland and ceramic trees, aluminum tree and color wheel, fake living room tree, hang the PossibiliTree, unpack Gramma's Christmas china, punch bowl, Tom and Jerry set, Waechtersbach dishes and table cloths, wrap gifts, yelp at Needless Markups for gifts that haven't arrived, and, and, and ... 

There's not enough time.

• Love 8