Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

Let joy be unconfined! Let the ice melter out front work! Let me find something nifty for my daughter on time!

Yup Pearlite the Grinch, just getting right into the spirit of the season here...I even busted out the Spode Christmas Tree china.

And not to let a good gag go, compliments of the season to all!

raccoon_christmas_a_time_for_fun_card-ra1d168b293334e42a1cdbe90d0ee20e9_xvuat_8byvr_540.jpg

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 16
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:10 PM, valleycliffe said:

LOLOL  i wonder if she can make those tassels swing in a circle?

Ms Linda, like all practitioners of the comely arts of burlesque, has Sir Isaac Newton's laws of motion honed into her hippy-hippy-shake body memory. I imagine Ms Linda's tassels spin like propellers.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:16 PM, pearlite said:

Let joy be unconfined! Let the ice melter out front work! Let me find something nifty for my daughter on time!

Yup Pearlite the Grinch, just getting right into the spirit of the season here...I even busted out the Spode Christmas Tree china.

You'll get there, pearlite. You're the mother, and the mother's go the extra mile ... setting out Spode Christmas Tree china (so very pretty) for a sumptuous meal and good cheer.

I was sputtering about what to give Thing1, while she's going to school in England. When we visited, I stopped at her shared flat and the place was an ice box ... Flannel sheets, cozy pajamas and cash. Snoopy is Thing1's spirit animal.

Plenty of room here at the anti-treacle table ... We're wrapping presents, slapping on Instabows, and my father is pouring Tom and Jerry's with a liberal hand ... One more Jingle Bell Rock and someone is gonna' to get cut up into mincemeat. 

My Grinchy interior (and exterior; I have several Michael Simon DrSeuss Grinch Christmas Sweaters) is that I love Christmas, I just don't love Christmas to start before Halloween; Commercial Holiday Creep, as MrStunt calls it. It overpowers the preparation and observation of Advent, and our natural understanding of things. It's exhausting. 

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:16 PM, pearlite said:

And not to let a good gag go, compliments of the season to all!

raccoon_christmas_a_time_for_fun_card-ra1d168b293334e42a1cdbe90d0ee20e9_xvuat_8byvr_540.jpg

Eeep!

; )

Blessed Christmas to you!

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Ms Linda, like all practitioners of the comely arts of burlesque, has Sir Isaac Newton's laws of motion have been honed into her body memory. I imagine Ms Linda's tassels spin like propellers.

You'll get there, pearlite. You're the mother, and the mother's go the extra mile ... setting out Spode Christmas Tree china (so very pretty) for a sumptuous meal and good cheer.

I was sputtering about what to give Thing1, while she's going to school in England. When we visited, I stopped at her shared flat and the place was an ice box ... Flannel sheets, cozy pajamas and cash. Snoopy is Thing1's spirit animal.

Plenty of room here at the anti-treacle table ... We're wrapping presents, slapping on Instabows, and my father is pouring Tom and Jerry's with a liberal hand ... One more Jingle Bell Rock and someone is gonna' to get cut up into mincemeat. 

My Grinchy interior (and exterior; I have several Michael Simon DrSeuss Grinch Christmas Sweaters) is that I love Christmas, I just don't love Christmas to start before Halloween; Commercial Holiday Creep, as MrStunt calls it. It overpowers the preparation and observation of Advent, and our natural understanding of things. It's exhausting. 

Eeep!

; )

Blessed Christmas to you!

I was at the store this morning, and the Christmas candy has been replaced with Valentine's Day candy!

Not all Christmas songs annoy me, but I hhhhate Jingle Bell Rock and that awful screechy Mariah Carey song.

Merry merry to you all!  You're the best friends-I've-never-actually-met EVER!

• Love 10

Aww snap, this is for you:

Welcome, Christmas, bring your cheer. Cheer to all Preverts far and near. Christmas Day is in our grasp, so long as we have hands to clasp. Christmas Day will always be just as long as we have we. Welcome Christmas while we stand, heart to heart, and hand in hand.

/with apologies to Dr. Seuss

• Love 12

No Christmas is complete without The Holy Family ...

creative_holiday_cards_that_will_inspire

Mary, Joseph and the Baby Dweezil

“The light of the Christmas star to you,

The warmth of home and hearth to you,

The cheer and good will of friends to you,

The hope of a childlike heart to you,

The joy of a thousand angels to you,

The love of the Son,

And God’s peace to you.”

-- Irish Christmas Toast

Happy Birthday to Jesus, my sister and all Christmas Babies!

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 8

My math skills are terrible...I thought if the Immaculate Conception was the 8th of December, that would give you a due date in early September.  But I think I counted wrong.  Pisces makes a lot of sense, though.  His symbol is a fish.

Happy belated bithday to @pearlite Jr.!

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

My math skills are terrible...I thought if the Immaculate Conception was the 8th of December, that would give you a due date in early September.  But I think I counted wrong.  Pisces makes a lot of sense, though.  His symbol is a fish.

Happy belated bithday to @pearlite Jr.!

Jeez, Snaporaz! You must have known I was thinking about you!

And how incredibly kind of you to remember Pearlitelite's birthday!!! Here's a picture taken on the street in NYC for you.

Will you be having the feast of a thousand fishes tonight? We're having smoked salmon, shrimp, and crab salad.

Claire NYC Nov 8 2016.jpg

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 9

Ancient Egypt was Taurus the Bull.  Judaism (monotheism) is represented by Aries the Ram and Christianity is symbolized  by the Fish in Pisces.  The progression of the constellations goes backwards through the zodiac.  The Age of Aquarius will be characterized by the Water Bearer, which represents information and, sometimes, misinformation.  Sound familiar?  If we're not there already we are hurtling in that direction. 

Warmest Season's Greetings, my Prevert compadres.  I adore you and want nothing but the best that life has to offer to come your way.  Unfortunately, that does not describe the current state of our Show, where we were subjected to a Festivus with no aluminum pole and no feats of strength; only the airing of grievances.  Serenity Now!  (On second thought, Ashley kinda resembles an aluminum pole.)

• Love 9

Merry Christmas and boy do I have a hangover. It snowed here last night and between freaking out about my husband driving to get my dad and freaking out about making him take my dad home an hour after he got here I might have drunk a little too much. Oh, where's the Advil......

• Love 10

Oh today is also Justin Trudeau birthday. He is so handsome. 

anigif_sub-buzz-16345-1488514524-3.gif?d

Sorry if my pic of 'Santa' above is too big I'm away from a desktop rn. I hope everyone had a nice day. 

this was kind of a trying year, I hope next year will be better...for all of us.  I ❤️ You all. 

• Love 13

I also had a trying year.  I realize that so many people have more trials than I do.  So that keeps me grounded.  Sort of.

Thank you, Preverts; I wish you a fantabulous 2018.  Fingers crossed for all of us.

• Love 15

Now here's a little something to cheer up those post-Christmas days. And believe me, it's -18C here, so I could use some cheer.

These are the llamas from the High Park Zoo, next to where I live, photo'd yesterday. The zoo people have them on long, connected leads, kind of like daycare people walking kids.

DSE4iaAVAAIXDzK.jpg

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

The Toronto Zoo has a new baby white rhino - first one born there in 27 years ❤️

I did not know that!

Apparently--my daughter speaks to the High Park zoo and naturalist folks and walks the park every day--the llamas need to walk or they get depressed. I could empathize.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, pearlite said:

I did not know that!

Apparently--my daughter speaks to the High Park zoo and naturalist folks and walks the park every day--the llamas need to walk or they get depressed. I could empathize.

OMG, I'd love to walk a Llama. I've been to the High Park Zoo a few years ago. My friend used to live in the High Park area. She's since moved but really close by. I forgot the name of the neighbourhood she's in now.

• Love 5
On 12/28/2017 at 11:52 AM, pearlite said:

Now here's a little something to cheer up those post-Christmas days. And believe me, it's -18C here, so I could use some cheer.

These are the llamas from the High Park Zoo, next to where I live, photo'd yesterday. The zoo people have them on long, connected leads, kind of like daycare people walking kids.

DSE4iaAVAAIXDzK.jpg

Wow there's a lot of Torontonians here! I remember going to the High Park Zoo a lot as a kid. We'd then go and visit my aunt and uncle who lived off of Windermere. Went trying to find it a couple months ago and couldn't! (Sun was setting so I couldn't go too deep into the park.)

• Love 6
15 hours ago, marina to said:

Wow there's a lot of Torontonians here! I remember going to the High Park Zoo a lot as a kid. We'd then go and visit my aunt and uncle who lived off of Windermere. Went trying to find it a couple months ago and couldn't! (Sun was setting so I couldn't go too deep into the park.)

That's a nice New Years' gift, MarinaTO! Yup, the Park After Dark not to be recommended... I prefer the zoo in cooler weather, for olfactory reasons--but I was so glad when people fought the city's movement to shut it down.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, pearlite said:

That's a nice New Years' gift, MarinaTO! Yup, the Park After Dark not to be recommended... I prefer the zoo in cooler weather, for olfactory reasons--but I was so glad when people fought the city's movement to shut it down.

I love our zoo in the winter. When I was in high school a girlfriend and I decided to skip and go to the zoo. We were like the only people there and a zookeeper took us in and let us see the tiger cubs with their mom. We were just inches away from them and I couldn't believe the size of the animal, her head alone probably weighed more than I did at the time. The cubs were just climbing all over her,chewing on her ears and just being adorable.

• Love 8

Some of you have read about my affinity for K-pop. You might think American pop is catchy, annoying, vapid, and earworm-worthy, but that's only because you haven't heard enough K-pop. The videos are amazing! Melding South Korean life, American rock wish fulfilment, Asian politics, Shindo/Buddhist/Christian religious iconography, candy sweet pink anime, riot grrrl/girly/androgyny/bad boy/gender neutral memes, militaristic cultural references. K-pop videos are high-drama, high-production color explosions of precise dance moves, catchy lyrics and infectious tunesmithing. K-pop's boy bands are as ornately stylized as their girl group counterparts; the hair, makeup and costumes change Asian street style and directly influence designers in the West. The music and fashion of K-pop borrow and spin elements of Eastern and Western influences, reimagining something unique and altogether new. K-pop is what American pop aspires to be two years from yesterday.

K-pop is also a competitive machine. Controlled, managed, marketed and produced by a handful of media corporations, churning out new songs, new super group albums and solo artist EPs. Everything is tightly scheduled, heavily merchandised and advertised. There is a lot of pressure to succeed, to sell more, to be more to the fans, to embody the template created by the marketing arm of the corporations they work for.

Kim Jonghyun, the lead singer and song writer of top South Korean pop group SHINee, was found dead the evening of December 18th. He was 27.

Widely known simply as Jonghyun, Kim was found unconscious at an apartment in Seoul. He was taken to the hospital but did not regain consciousness. Suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning was indicated, according to Korean news agency Yonhap.

SHINee, a five member boy band, was formed in 2008 by SM Entertainment. It became known as one of the most skillful in terms of vocals and dance, and was hugely popular and influential both in music and fashion. The group recorded six albums for the Korean market and five for Japanese fans. “Five,” its fifth Japanese album, was released in February this year. It embarked on the SHINee World Tour to promote it, playing to 320,000 fans at 25 concerts in 10 cities. The group’s most recent concert was December 10. SHINee appeared in two films – “I AM,” from 2012, and 2015 documentary “SMTown: The Stage” – as well as in numerous reality TV shows. 

In the last two years Jonghyun had released 3 solo LP/EPs (with solo concert tour), two LPs with SHINee (3 tours), 1 LP with super group SM the Ballad (concert tour), and single supporting video filming, and innumerable TV/radio promotions and appearances.

This video is from SHINee's 2015 concert tour. Jonghyun is the blonde pictured below, in collarless shirt and white jeans. He's considered the most talented singer/dancer/song writer/DJ in K-pop. His death from suicide, after years of suffering clinical depression, hasn't stopped the SHINee K-pop machine. Scheduled February 2018 concerts are still on the calendar for the remaining four members of SHINee. 

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 6

I had been getting promo recordings of various acts from SM Entertainment for several years. SHINee was a favorite; excellent vocals, with snappy writing and production. I first saw them at SM Town Live '10 World Tour showcase concert at the Staples Center. It was amazing!

Our station was a sponsor of SHINee's March 2017 concert at the Shrine Auditorium. Tickets sold out in the first opening 20 minutes of the online box office. We could have booked two more concerts, and left buyers wanting tickets.

Yes, 27 ...

• Love 4

You should have seen that moon here in our frozen Hellscape.  The snow was glowing and sparkling an ethereal blue.  It was like Wonderland!  I nearly got frostbite walking around my yard at midnight taking it all in.  I didn't want to go back inside.

• Love 9