Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

i just hope that whomever the cadets were that wrote the racist messages are ashamed of themselves..

and if they aren't they should do as he asked and "GET OUT".

i mean, aren't you supposed to trust implicitly that your fellow airmen (when they are in the air force) have your back?

and i don't mean by sticking a knife in it.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 6

my daughters ex mil (rip judy) was born in arkansas or alabama or one of the bible belt southern states.  she once said that when she uses the n word, there wasn't anything wrong with it, she wasn't a racist and that's just how you referred to them..  le sigh

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

my daughters ex mil (rip judy) was born in arkansas or alabama or one of the bible belt southern states.  she once said that when she uses the n word, there wasn't anything wrong with it, she wasn't a racist and that's just how you referred to them..  le sigh

Why, my stars! I declare why on earth would anyone find that offensive? RME

• Love 6
3 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Why, my stars! I declare why on earth would anyone find that offensive? RME

Oh, bless her heart.

<said in that Southern deceptively dismissive tone>

• Love 5
4 hours ago, pearlite said:

Key word, "them."

3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

"Those people".

THEM!

I HATE THOSE PEOPLE!

I hate all THOSE PEOPLE that you hate ... and THEM some!

THEM need to be shaved dry with a dull razor, a carbolic soap Silkwood scrub and made to scour endless curry pots in an Indian restaurant!

THOSE PEOPLE! <hisses> I HATE THEM!!!!

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little otherses. Wicked, tricksy, false!  We hates them, Precious! We hates them forever!

And that's just the illegal we throw a couple of kopeks to clean the pool.

• Love 6

I never heard of We Rate Dogs until today's budget meeting.

Though I'm not clear on the criteria for rating the dogs featured, it appears to be on a plateau based entirely on the cuteness of the submitted photos. The witty meme-speak used in each tweet is made up of cutesy suffixes and onomatopoeias in Doggo lingo. Being owned by a cat (I love dogs) it took time for me to sort it out -- I'm fluent in LOLCats/I Can Has Cheezburger? Interwebs slang and memes.

0t2r4Xx.png

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Though I'm not clear on the criteria for rating the dogs featured, it appears to be on a plateau based entirely on the cuteness of the submitted photos. The witty meme-speak used in each tweet is made up of cutesy suffixes and onomatopoeias in Doggo lingo. Being owned by a cat (I love dogs) it took time for me to sort it out -- I'm fluent in LOLCats/I Can Has Cheezburger? Interwebs slang and memes.

Check out The Cat Reviewer on FB, Twitter. People review cats they encounter, in terms of quality of pat-ability and so on.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

0t2r4Xx.png

Cupid, do yourself a solid and google “They’re good dogs, Brent”.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, pearlite said:

Check out The Cat Reviewer on FB, Twitter. People review cats they encounter, in terms of quality of pat-ability and so on.

"10/10 for sheer indifference ..."

I live with that cat.

3 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Cupid, do yourself a solid and google “They’re good dogs, Brent”.

That's so true.

4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Today sucks for many many reasons 

Yes ma'am.

photo.jpg

• Love 7

Today is my birthday--let us not talk numbers, please.

I got some nifty Spode Blue Italian mugs--I'm a china person, and the weather's good, and I always enjoy visiting with all of you. So I'll send you some of the good wishes I received.

• Love 10

Happy birthday, pearlite!! And many happy returns. I hope you have a lovely day. :)

1 minute ago, valleycliffe said:

happy birthday pearlite.....

party on the lido deck...

salsa for everyone...oooops. forgot the chips....%(

It's o.k. I brought plenty of guac and pico de gallo.

• Love 7

In late '77, my eldest brother and some friends went to see The Ramones blitzkrieg the Roxy. The opening act was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Ears ringing, he waited for Tower Records to open and bought their first album. He and I wore it out. And we bought another one.

You may not immediately hear the connection between Petty and punk, but listen to the first gritty track on their 1976’s Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. It’s called “Rockin’ Around (With You),” and Petty shouting lines like: “You got me babe / I got you / and I can’t stop thinkin’ about / how I dig rockin’ around with you.” Tom's crunchy rhythm line is chased by Benmont Tench's chiming keyboards and Mike Campbell's bright lead guitar, driven by Ron Blair's throbbing bass over Stan Lynch's pounding drums -- It's all garage-wide raucous teenage howl.; basically a Ramones song with a better arrangement and recording engineer.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers 1978, Santa Monica, California

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, pearlite said:

I got some nifty Spode Blue Italian mugs--I'm a china person, and the weather's good, and I always enjoy visiting with all of you. So I'll send you some of the good wishes I received.

Happy Birthday!  What a great gift.  Somebody who loves you has good taste.

Have a wonderful day!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, boes said:

Happy Birthday!  What a great gift.  Somebody who loves you has good taste.

Have a wonderful day!

The daughter--she grew up with me ranting about china.

It's a good day--quiet, and I can work from home. Thank you!

• Love 4

You may not immediately hear the connection between Petty and punk, but listen to the first gritty track on their 1976’s Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

I always did too. I was into punk in the late seventies ( I still have my Ramones Rocket to Russia tour t shirt) we used to say Tom Petty was the man who saved the world from disco. I saw him at the Gorge in George a few years back. There was this guy sitting near us who was all "fuckin' Petty this and fuckin' Petty that." To me he'll always be Fuckin' Petty.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Gloriole33 said:

Happiest birthday wishes to you, pearlite.  I got myself a gift for your birthday.  I just bought a yellow MINI Cooper 6-speed supercharge.  I am, however, holding on to my sturdy Volvo grandma car. 

Cool! I want one of those little green Fiats.

Edited by peacheslatour
apparently capitalization is a thing.
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, pearlite said:

funny-hot-guys-magic-mike-happy-birthday

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, Gloriole33 said:

Happiest birthday wishes to you, pearlite.  I got myself a gift for your birthday.  I just bought a yellow MINI Cooper 6-speed supercharge.  I am, however, holding on to my sturdy Volvo grandma car. 

For you, Gloriole33 - 

giphy.gif

• Love 8
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I always did too. I was into punk in the late seventies ( I still have my Ramones Rocket to Russia tour t shirt) we used to say Tom Petty was the man who saved the world from disco. I saw him at the Gorge in George a few years back. There was this guy sitting near us who was all "fuckin' Petty this and fuckin' Petty that." To me he'll always be Fuckin' Petty.

Fuckin' Petty is right!

His recordings are great, but live was astonishing experience. Smirking, yelping, growling, stalking the crowd ... the band caught you up and poured over you, as the man gave it all on the stage. 

Love this ...

1 hour ago, Gloriole33 said:

SHOTGUN!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

i've been watching cnn coverage of the massacre in las vegas..

i have to tell you, i have gone thru a lot of tissues.

Sad to say, but I'm just numb to it at this point.  It's no longer shocking to me.  There was another shooting that same day in Lawrence, Kansas, but it got no attention because "only" three people were killed and two were injured.  There are more shootings here than there are days in the year.  It's time to label the NRA a terrorist organization.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Sad to say, but I'm just numb to it at this point.  It's no longer shocking to me.  There was another shooting that same day in Lawrence, Kansas, but it got no attention because "only" three people were killed and two were injured.  There are more shootings here than there are days in the year.  It's time to label the NRA a terrorist organization.

Yeah, I too have outrage fatigue. If 20 dead toddlers in Connecticut didn't change anything, then nothing is going to. Get small indeed.

• Love 11