Type keyword(s) to search

Wishful B&B recasts

• Start Topic

Though there is not enough screen time for the current cast, there are some missing characters whom I think would be a welcome presence played by another actor.

1) Thomas Forrester - Adam Gregory was very, very good-looking but was a wooden actor and had zero chemistry with any of the female characters. The Forrester scion should inherit the speedos from Ronn Moss and be shirtless in half of his scenes. My pic for a Thomas recast would be Marco Dapper, known for playing Carmine Basco on Y&R.

2) Steffy Forrester - Please come back Jacqueline MacInnes Wood! But, if not, how about Julie Marie Berman, Lulu on GH.

3) Bridget Forrester - Ashley Jones is serviceable, but the character has been a shell ever since the great Jennifer Finnegan left. TPTB please bring her back.

Marcus, Justin, and Daisy are not needed on the current canvas storyline-wise but some ethnic diversity on show set in LA would be nice. Kristolyn Lloyd is fine but please recast the Mushmouths.

What are your suggestions?

The show needs more hot guys. Shallow but true. There are way more attractive female characters than men.

And if they do recast Bridget, they need to de-age her a bit so she looks believable as Rick's YOUNGER sister.

Adam Gregory worked well looks-wise as OldRidge & Taylor's son, but with the TK recast for Ridge they look nothing alike and so the original casting choice has lost its shine. I don't have a new idea for a recast, though. 

I wonder who will played RJ when he's SORASed to teenager/young adult? Ideally you'd want the most beautiful looking man on the planet given he's meant to be Brooke & Ridge's offspring. 

The show needs more hot guys. Shallow but true. There are way more attractive female characters than men.

I don't understand why they don't do more with Carter/Lawrence St Victor (apart from the obvious fact that he's a lousy actor). That guy is RIPPED.

I don't understand why they don't do more with Carter/Lawrence St Victor (apart from the obvious fact that he's a lousy actor). That guy is RIPPED.

He should have been the Marcus recast.

Marcus, Justin, and Daisy are not needed on the current canvas storyline-wise but some ethnic diversity on show set in LA would be nice. 

Carter and Maya get so little screen time. I forgot they were on the show. LOL

The character most in need of a recast is Ridge.  TK just isn't working out as Ridge, TK is a decent actor and he's not without charm, but it's still not working for me.  When RM left and recast talk was at a frenzy, I do recall a poster mentioning GL's Grant Aleksander as a recast.  GA is tall, can actually act, is classically handsome like RM and is age appropriate.  This would be my ideal recast.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ugh.  A big no to Grant Aleksander for me; have always disliked him.  I find him very...cold and flat.

But agree that for me, TK is NOT working as RIDGE. I don't know who he's playing but it ain't Ridge Forrester. Part of it is the actor but part (maybe the bigger part?) is the writing. They are having Ridge say and do such un-Ridge-like things that it's not helping at all for accepting TK in the role.

I don't know who would work as a Ridge recast though. It would need to be someone age appropriate, and more...sleek? Rumpled Ridge is such a dissonance and does not reflect the international playboy persona of the character at all.

Hunt Block? Ted King? Shoot, if they were accepting of an actor with an accent, how about Paolo Seganti? heh. And, if they hadn't wasted Jon Hensley on a throwaway doc role, he might have worked.

Edited by annsterg
  • Love 1
(edited)

My pic for a Thomas recast would be Marco Dapper, known for playing Carmine Basco on Y&R.

He was steaming hot as Carmine, but I think he's a little too old and way too muscle-bound to play Thomas.  But the guy who played Ricky on Y&R a few years ago would be perfect.  He was really promising until the stupid show turned him into a psycho and killed him off.  He's the right age, good-looking enough to be believable as Ridge's and Taylor's son, and he's much more charismatic than Adam Gregory.  Well, a dead sponge would be more charismatic than Adam Gregory.  Edited to add his name (since I didn't know it):  Peter Porte.

JMW was really the perfect Steffy.  They'll be hard-pressed to find someone who resembles HT as much as she does.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 1
(edited)

JMW was really the perfect Steffy.  They'll be hard-pressed to find someone who resembles HT as much as she does.

ITA. She was great as Steffy, and I think the show is lacking now that she's gone. Princess Hope hasn't been annoying me as much lately (maybe because Wyatt hasn't been on in days) but she needs a foil.

Well, a dead sponge would be more charismatic than Adam Gregory.

Seriously. He looked the part but was a dud IMO otherwise.

Edited by annsterg

Just caught John Enos, who played Bobby Marsino on Y&R, on an old episode of Sex and the City and I couldn't help but think he would make a good Ridge. He's tall, good-looking, very masculine, and age-appropriate. His chemistry with all the ladies on B&B would be off the charts. So, not a great actor? Neither was Ronn Moss. So too much Italian East-coast-ness to play the Californian Ridge? Thorsten Kaye doesn't play Californian either.

(edited)

Ridge is in desperate need of another recast if he's going to be on the show long-term. Thorsten Kaye simply is not working. My mind boggles that we're supposed to buy this dimunitive, schlubby guy as Ridge. IMO, Brad Bell should have had a temporary recast (maybe Lane Davies, who briefly played Ridge in the early '90s) when Stephanie was dying, and then written Ridge off as being unable to face life in L.A. without his beloved mother. Well, he missed that boat and now Ridge is back, but Kaye is not cutting it. I would support John Enos - his Italian heritage works since they're playing up Ridge's Marone paternity; he is after all half-Italian. And that would work to bring in Peter Porte as a Thomas recast too - that guy is great eye candy.

I would really like to see a Nick Marone recast, but can't think who it could be. Anyone think of some hot blond actor? The only one who seems to come to mind is the guy from Baywatch, LOL! Nick is still my ideal pairing for Brooke, so bringing him back (and their son Jack) would be great.

It is beyond time to SORAS RJ into his teens. With his parentage, I expect him to be drop-dead gorgeous and hit on anyone with a pulse. I quite liked Rob Gorrie from OLTL but he may be a little old. Too bad Andrew Trischitta couldn't act, otherwise he would be a good fit (cute, nice body, can still pass for a teen, Italian heritage). Maybe he's taken acting classes on the West Coast. I'd even root for Chandler Massey if he's learned to stop mugging, if not for the fact that RJ has been portrayed as the only one of Brooke's kids who's not blond.

Or maybe Rob G could play a recast Eric Forrester III. That might give Ric and Caroline some drama if she finds out he was once a teen dad, and it would tie in to Deacon's return too. Is he too old to be Jacob Young's son? Ric was only 16 when he was born IIRC.

Edited by Aymery

Having been a huge Guiding Light fan, I would love for Krista Tesreau, (Mindy Lewis) to grace my tv screen again. I think she would make a great Kristen Forrester. IMO a good actress has never played this character. Krista Tesreau is age appropriate and has the requisite sex appeal that the character needs. 

• Love 1

I think Ronn Moss should be brought back. It will be difficult accepting anyone else as Ridge Forrester. To me, he's Ridge Forrester no matter who they try to cast. Same with Susan Flannery. In my mind's eye I can't picture anyone else in either role. Just my opinion. I do agree that TK isn't working as Ridge. I know RM doesn't want to come back so its a moot point.

Edited by SusannahTaylor2
  • Love 5

I think even if Ronn Moss wanted to come back they wouldn't take him.  Normally I don't care about what actor plays what role, but for some reason Moss is the exception.  I thought I'd like Kaye just fine as Ridge, but I don't.  Nothing against TK...if he'd been brought on as Eric's long lost love child I'd probably like him just fine.  Maybe that's what they can do, make TK "imposter Ridge"!!!

• Love 3

Like Stephanie and Massimo had two kids, and this one was jealous that he didn't get to be a Forrester - lol.

I'm not feeling this version of Ridge. We waited so long and this was the best Brad Bell could come up with? It must be very hard to cast Ridge Forrester. But wouldn't David Hasselhoff make a great Ridge?

• Love 2

Yeah, TK is not working for me as Ridge either.  He's a pretty good actor and he had great chemistry with AM as Kendall on AMC even though there were times I detested Zach Slater.  The writing and the insta-love with Katie is not helping.

What about John Wesley Shipp?  Looks somewhat like RM but he's got a pretty good primetime career.

• Love 1
(edited)

While I haven't liked TK as Ridge, I think the problem is with the writing and with wardrobe and makeup. But since we are talking about recasts, what about Stephen Nichols as Ridge?

Edited by ariesman3

If Mick Hazen (Parker from ATWT) is still acting, I would love him as RJ. He was good as the surly teen who was rightfully irritated at his parents' perpetual idiocy. And Bridge is nothing but that.

And cast Scott Bakula as Ridge. While his acting on Enterprise gainef a certain notoriety, hecan pass for a romantic lead that TIIC still try to push Ridge as.

• Love 1

Brandon Barash as Liam and Ingo Rademacher as a vengeful Thorne bent on a hostile takeover of both Forrester and Spencer which Maya can join him on. Oh and since I'm daydreaming...Brian Gaskill as CJ Spectra, perfect for crazy Quinn or Dayzee (if she ever returns).

ETA I agree that RM should be brought back, TK isn't cutting it, not his fault but just terribly miscast, whatever they were thinking they need to unthink it.

Also going on record to say I do NOT want Adam Gregory recast. Put him back with Dayzee and let them continue their organic romance they way it should have happened in the first place.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

Not a recast but wishful casting - Peter Porte as Taylor's son with Prince Omar during her mission years. He'd bring new blood to LA, would've been a hot slampiece for any woman on canvas, and also would've been a thorn in both Ridge and Thomas' sides. And he'd be royalty and have mad bank so he could fund any number of ventures. Also he plays good ruthless and crazy so he's got a built in story of wanting revenge against Ridge and Hayes-Forrester kids for taking his mother away from him. Then he could've mellowed with the love of a good woman (Hope, Aly) or have a believable affair with Brooke (rather than the boink berry highness with Thomas and Brooke). It really was a missed opportunity in terms of story for Taylor outside of Ridge.

• Love 2

If Peter Bergman ever decides he's gotten enough of being the Y&R whipping boy, he'd make for a great Nick Marone. Or hell, even a decent Dave the Cop, they can bring him back a few months before the show eventually ends and have him and Brooke ride off into the sunset. Like poetry, so that is rhymes, as George Lucas would say.

• Love 1

Not a recast but a wishful casting that's compounded by the actress being retired from acting.

If they ever were to do Bill's mother, I want her to be played by Jane Elliott in a series of special appearances.  A) DD and JE match in features to make it believable B) Jane would be amazeballs as a domineering mother to Bill and matriarch C) she'd be grandmother to Clifton's Liam who played her son Dillon on GH and it would be an amazing reunion and D) I could see her mentoring both her grandsons and bonding with them in a way Bill doesn't and E) in another GH reunion, Jane's character would hate Quinn on sight and would take none of her shit.

• Love 3
On 9/1/2014 at 0:28 AM, Anna Yolei said:

RH is a bit too young to be Ridge IMO...but maybe Nick? Lord knows between Paul Ryan and Todd Manning that he can bring in the N. Sane. :p

I can't believe it's taken me 3 years to see this comment LOL, but I'd love this!

Also...I'd love to see Colleen Zenk (Barbara from ATWT) as a recast Taylor.  Looks-wise, IMO she'd be believable enough as Steffy's mother & who knows, maybe she'd be able to help JMW with her "acting" :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

That would be awesome and she'd be so great in that role! There actually was a spumor floating around last year that CZP was going to be joining B&B and there was even a photo of her with JMc. I don't know what that was all about but was probably somebody just caught the two of them in a candid shot and ran with it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, grisgris said:

That would be awesome and she'd be so great in that role! There actually was a spumor floating around last year that CZP was going to be joining B&B and there was even a photo of her with JMc. I don't know what that was all about but was probably somebody just caught the two of them in a candid shot and ran with it.

Noooo!!!  I'm glad I didn't see that, I would have gotten my hopes up too much!

Considering the heat Roger Howarth gets over on GH for his greasy hair and hobo look, I can't see him being a welcome addition to B&B.  Unless it's from TK, as someone to take the spotlight away from his own  appearance. 

I will second Jane Elliot playing any role she wants, though.  Would love to see her with SC again. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Really???  Wow, he was nothing like that on ATWT!

He’d cleaned up by the end of the show, but he was definitely rough around the edges in the beginning. I never cared for the long hair on him and was glad once he cut it off.

8 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

He’d cleaned up by the end of the show, but he was definitely rough around the edges in the beginning. I never cared for the long hair on him and was glad once he cut it off.

I always thought he was pretty hot :)  Now I understand how the TK fans feel :)

• Love 1
(edited)

I always felt like it was a missed opportunity to not cast James DePaiva (Max Holden from One Life to Live) as Ridge. The age would have been right, and the coloring would have been PERFECT. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1