Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Always Accountable

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

The clothes on this show always confuse me too. Georgia is hot most of the year so I don't understand why half the people are dressed for winter and other half for summer. Michonne and Maggie's tight pants bother me too. The last thing I would want to be wearing when it's 90 degrees outside is skinny jeans. I'll be wearing some comfy cargo shorts when the ZA hits here in Florida.

I'd take one of those riot suits from the prison, size XL. Then, I'd try to figure out how to outfit it with a couple of little fans.

• Love 3

Here are the Live + Same Day ratings for Season 6 thus far:

10-11-15 “First Time Again” 14.633 million viewers
10-18-15 “JSS” 12.183 million viewers
10-25-15 “Thank You” 13.143 million viewers
11-01-15 “Here’s Not Here” 13.339 million viewers
11-08-15 “Now” 12.440 million viewers
11-15-15 “Always Accountable” 12.871 million viewers

FIERCECRITTER, ON 17 NOV 2015 - 2:17 PM, SAID:

I did not realize what actually went on with the Patty thing for sure until 1) I watched TTD and 2) with the knowledge gained by TTD and knowing how things would end having seen it the first time, I watched the second airing. I don't bother looking at things like what's on a freaking LICENSE PLATE when a FUEL TRUCK is discovered by a major character. I look at the major character and the BIG TRUCK.

It's been said before, but I'll chime in my agreement. It's just wrong to have to watch another show to understand what's going on on the main show. And to have to re-watch to catch things you missed the first time through. We're not talking hidden Easter eggs, we're talking plot points that are pertinent to the story.

I spotted this right off (and I wasn't paying full attention). I don't think this one fits the TD gripe.

Judging by the number of people who have liked my original post and have since said they also totally missed the Patty thing, I'd say I'm pretty on-point.

• Love 3

Samantha: Nice car.

Danny Mason Keener: (Driving gorgeous Mercedes convertible) Thanks. I have twenty-three of them.

--Night of the Comet (1984)

FierceCritter, Anyone who can quote NotC knows their end of the world stuff!  I want to be in your group in the ZA.

• Love 2

FierceCritter, Anyone who can quote NotC knows their end of the world stuff!  I want to be in your group in the ZA.

You hit the pharmacy while I hit the gun shop. ;)

I've got about 25 books downloaded to my Kindle. And every one of them is of the post-apocalyptic genre, except "F.U. Penguin." :D I've had an obsession with things PA since I was an adolescent. This new tidal wave of all things PA/ZA/etc has me all giggity.

• Love 1

I don't think the Patty thing is that relevant to the actual plot. if you caught it during the show great, if all was illuminated when you saw Talking Dead, nice, but it was not a key point upon which an understanding of the episode hinged, there was no need to know Patty meant the truck because that wasn't the point of anything, anymore than knowing last week that the walker Jessie ended was Betsy and that she'd killed herself changed anything. The presence of the truck near the motorcycle could have been totally random and the three rando idiots could have just as easily been distracted over a missing companion outside the truck yard without it changing anything crucial. It's just details, It's great to catch what they precisely are because we are all so fond of arguing about What It All Really Means but the main plot points of the episode don't really change because we don't catch little background things, even those that tie together. It's only significant if we base entire elaborate theories on something misunderstood, and then it's only significant to not feeling silly afterwards. I find it satisfying to catch meaningful details, but I think it would annoy the crap out of me if that stuff was present in a way that was all-caps, bold-faced, IMPORTANT, I'd find it condescending and heavy-handed and this show already tends to lay things on a bit thick.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 2

The clothes on this show always confuse me too. Georgia is hot most of the year so I don't understand why half the people are dressed for winter and other half for summer. Michonne and Maggie's tight pants bother me too. The last thing I would want to be wearing when it's 90 degrees outside is skinny jeans. I'll be wearing some comfy cargo shorts when the ZA hits here in Florida.

Even in the heat, I wouldn't want to wear shorts, but I certainly wouldn't want anything tight! I think lightweight cargo pants (protection for legs) and a light long sleeved shirt (protect the arms) over a tank top would be my gear.

Perhaps the ladies prefer tight pants to minimize a walker's ability to grab you, but breathable fabric would be high on my list of daily priorities in the south!

Also, Carol's short hair. That shit is just smart, IMO. Quick and easy to wash/dry, minimal grabby parts, not heavy in the heat...yessir. I would take a pair of scissors to my own hair if I didn't have a Jessie in the neighbourhood...

Can we not try to prove points by checking how many people "like" a post? A difference of opinion is not a competition.

In regards to the episode, I'm hoping that Sasha's reminder that Daryl is a tracker is scaffolding for something to come. Lit. analysis 101 says that it will come into play sometime soon, and I for one would be happy to see Daryl involved in something a bit more substantial than he has of late. Enid, Glenn, his bike, and his crossbow all need to be found--get on that trail! (Well, maybe don't rush to find Enid.)

• Love 4

As many have said, it was a confusing episode in many respects. No one element was hugely important in of itself. But the number of "Wha?" moments was conspicuously high for one single episode.

(Edited because it doesn't really matter.)

Edited by FierceCritter
  • Love 1
Even in the heat, I wouldn't want to wear shorts, but I certainly wouldn't want anything tight! I think lightweight cargo pants (protection for legs) and a light long sleeved shirt (protect the arms) over a tank top would be my gear.

Agree. Shorts are not a good idea, IMO. Your legs are exposed to walkers, bugs, anything sharp you're running through. Lightweight cargo pants are exactly what I'd be wearing! I'd probably layer on top, in case I got too hot. 

The voice on the walkie said "help". Initially I thought it was Glenn. YAY Glenn! But then

I read about Reedus saying it wasn't Glenn and

I got to thinking that the only other person with a walkie is that Doofus!Ron (Enid's boyfriend, Carl's nemesis, Jessie's son) that Rick left up on top of the wall with an empty gun...and since we saw blood running down the wall at the end of the episode, my guess is the "help" was a Glenn-red-herring and something actually happened to Doofus!Ron and that was his voice on the walkie. BOO Doofus!

Edited by marcee

The voice on the walkie said "help". Initially I thought it was Glenn. YAY Glenn! But then  Spoiler I got to thinking that the only other person with a walkie is that Doofus!Ron

I read that too, but Reedus is known for trolling fans. So I never take his word as gold.

That being said, I didn't realize Doofus!Ron had a walkie and I could totally see it being him. I love that name, and I would not come calling if it were him. 

• Love 1

Judging by the number of people who have liked my original post and have since said they also totally missed the Patty thing, I'd say I'm pretty on-point.

You got that right. I usually fail to get half what's going on between the muddy sound and lazy ass writing. Sorry, I'm the damn wily coyote. I need anvils sometimes. I'm still wondering if that guy who hung with the Guvna was really named Shump. And all the useless red herrings, like the side braid lady painting and what the fuck was in Bobs box. Get these writers some adderal.

• Love 2

Delurking--in contrast to mostly everyone I've enjoyed these past eps.   Guessed the "Patty" reference when the newbies saw the fleet of trucks behind the fence--trucks that belonged to Patrick Fuel--Patty is diminuitive for Patrick.   Sometimes TWD writing walks a line between heavy handed/obvious and obscure.

• Love 3

I still don't understand the truck though. Clearly Daryl's friends didn't steal it because otherwise they wouldn't have been looking for it. So why would whoever stole it take it and then hide it? Unless I'm remembering the scene wrong. It was hidden, right? It didn't just crash somewhere and the driver died?

• Love 1

Delurking--in contrast to mostly everyone I've enjoyed these past eps.   Guessed the "Patty" reference when the newbies saw the fleet of trucks behind the fence--trucks that belonged to Patrick Fuel--Patty is diminuitive for Patrick.   Sometimes TWD writing walks a line between heavy handed/obvious and obscure.

That's a good point because the license plate didn't read just "Patty", it was Patty002, I believe. 

I think that overgrowth was meant to look like it was natural, not man-made, as it were. Not that a huge truck could get overrun in that amount of time. 

• Love 1

That's a good point because the license plate didn't read just "Patty", it was Patty002, I believe.

Correct - and upon seeing that "PATTY002", the first thought which popped up in my mind was, "Ok then - so where's PATTY001?"

I think that overgrowth was meant to look like it was natural, not man-made, as it were. Not that a huge truck could get overrun in that amount of time.

I thought the brush looked cut and piled against the truck, but I could be wrong. 

It still looked pretty green - not as dead as you would expect from cuttings with some age on them.

Although, of course, so did the "loose brush" Daryl used to cover up his bike.

So maybe there's a mad brush-trimmer running around in these woods....

Thanks, Continuity.

• Love 4

I've got about 25 books downloaded to my Kindle. And every one of them is of the post-apocalyptic genre, except "F.U. Penguin."

When I was a young teenager a boy loaned me his copy of I Am Legend, and I read it straight through. The original protagonist really had to use his wits to stay alive, without all the modern gimmickry that Legend had in Will Smith's movie (which I also enjoyed).  Then I tried to find other, similar books, to no avail. I never forgot it and was tickled when all the vampire movies started coming out. I also loved Cormac McCarthy's The Road.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1

When I was a young teenager a boy loaned me his copy of I Am Legend, and I read it straight through. The original protagonist really had to use his wits to save alive, without all the modern gimmickry that Legend had in Will Smith's movie (which I also enjoyed).  Then I tried to find other, similar books, to no avail. I never forgot it and was tickled when all the vampire movies started coming out. I also loved Cormac McCarthy's The Road.

Some good ones I've read:

Earth Abides - George Stewart

The Stand - Stephen King (trust me and go with the extended version)

On the Beach - Nevil Shute

Alas, Babylon - Pat Frank

The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood

Swan Song - Robert R. McCammon

Oryx & Crake - Margaret Atwood (there are 2 sequels/prequels)

The Windup Girl - Paolo Bacigalupi

Eternity Road - Jack McDevitt

Additionally, there are a surprising number of young-adult books or book series on the subject, many VERY good. Including the Hunger Games, which is worth a read even if you've seen the films (I read them years before the films and loved them) and The "Gone" series by Michael Grant. If you join BookBub, you'll get a ton of offers for many of these young adult books for e-readers.

Wikipedia has a great entry for "list of post apocalyptic fiction". Good luck and enjoy!

• Love 2

Okay, I just finished transcribing the dialogue for this episode, and along the way finally realized we had most probably seen the elusive PATTY001.

Early in the episode, the morning after Daryl gets knocked out by the man accompanying the blonde waif (Tina) and the dark-haired woman (who may or may not be her sister and is referred to as Sher or Honey in the closed captioning), when the man tells Daryl to get up, the women are standing near a burned out, blackened Pattrick's Fuel Company truck, which is on its side.

Not long after, there is this exchange:

Tina: (looking around at the blackened trees) How’d you do it?
Man: You saw where we left the truck?
Tina: Mm-hmm.
Man: We opened the valve and drove all the way in from Farmview Road. Ran from the tree line till we got to the pavement. Lit up a matchbook from the Sweetwater and dropped it in on the trail. Then we just ran for the car. Got in and the dead ones were there. They were beating on the hood, and then– and then boom! Knocked ‘em on their asses and I took an axe to each one.
Woman: Then we just watched it go up. No more moans, no more of that wailing. It was just the fire, just burning them all away.
Daryl: You did all this?

• Love 1

So much of this episode made no sense to me and even the parts I understood were just bad. Even the cinematography was bad. The green screen shots were killing me.

That face shot of Abraham, when he was on the bridge, with that ridiculous sky behind him was so ugly and fake I thought that maybe it was supposed to be a dream scene.

As for cars, I find it so funny that the gang picks the most beat-up looking piece of crap for Sasha to drive on this all-important mission. (From an upper-crusty neighborhood that had to be filled with high-end autos, yet.) This is not a nuclear apocalyptic world, where the autos would all be rusted out hulks -- there are plenty of shiny late-model cars sitting around that don't have owners (anymore). I had the same issue with the camper from the early seasons -- there are fancy RVs with all the bells and whistles and comforts just sitting on car lots, waiting to be driven away... But I gather that production doesn't think it would look right, so they have them drive corroded junkers instead.

I think Deanna explained that when the armed services diverted her group to that housing development no one was living there which means there would have been no easy-to-use, modem vehicles at hand though they would have picked some up later.

Sasha's use of a decades old hoopty would have differed from Dale's use of an old RV.  That RV was his and there was probably no reason for him to want to give it up even though it was older than most of the people it transported.

That face shot of Abraham, when he was on the bridge, with that ridiculous sky behind him was so ugly and fake I thought that maybe it was supposed to be a dream scene.

I will have to rewatch. I don't remember that part of the scene exactly, but the rest is most likely real. I live in that town and the whole area around the bridge was shut down and blocked off so that they could shoot there. There was a crane involved, too, if I remember correctly (but they've shot at that bridge a few times, both before and after it was redone.) The rest of the scenery in that scene - the parking lot below, the bridge itself, the buildings, etc. - is all there. I don't know about the "ugly" sky, but the rest is definitely my town of residence, and that is what it looks like (except for the lack of people and/or cars going by). Interestingly that angle from the bridge is the main one that looks like that. In the other direction, the downtown area is about 3/4 revitalized which a bunch of shops and local independent restaurants.

• Love 1

Can we please now acknowledge that Daryl can't carry an episode unless paired with another strong actor/character?  

Abraham, he of the dolphin smooth, managed to be more interesting.

I don't agree at all.  Daryl's part of the episode was tons more interesting than Abraham finding his shiny new coat and wanting to have sex with Sasha.  

• Love 1