Type keyword(s) to search

The Bullpen

• Start Topic

Oh.My.God. and that article confirms that his vehicle is among those which would have been affected by the recall.

sue the pants off Jeep, Yelchin family members. :-( this is just awful

• Love 2

Fiat has always had dodgy maintenance issues, so it's no surprise to me that they continue to have them with Chrysler.

I just hope that this tragedy spurs the company to make real changes...this never should have happened.

• Love 3

Wow, that's awful. A friend of mine was killed several years ago in a freak accident that they think was caused by "unintended acceleration" which is apparently a known problem in some Jeeps, including his. Officially never buying a Jeep :(

• Love 2

Gosh that's awful.  Normally I despise the idea of litigation but in this case it might be warranted.

i have a friend who was injured on a ride at Disney World and her life may never be the same.  So sometimes companies need to pay up.  Maybe Jeep is one of those companies.  Anton's poor parents...

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

Sex, Birth, Death is scheduled to be shown today. I'm going to watch, but it's going to be very difficult and sad.

that episode has always made me cry (I've seen it probably ten times). I can't imagine what it'll be like for me going forward. :-( .....

• Love 2

:-\  so, I'm watching 'The Price is Right' with the spousal unit (he loves that show, I tolerate it).....is it wrong of me to scream out "Oh HELL NO! No thank you!!" when Drew Carey is telling the contestant that the prize she's could win is a Jeep Grand Cherokee"

• Love 1
(edited)

I love the episode too

it's really good, there are great profiling scenes with the whole team and Hotch and Reid of course

and there is a scene of the whole team having a meal and talking, one of the first ones. Amazingly done. 

Agree about the case,  it was so sad.

I just realised the young actor who died a couple of days ago is the boy who thought he was a murderer.

Edited by smoker
  • Love 3

Nathan Harris could have been the basis for another show. Someone who has serial killer intentions and urges but struggles to keep them at bay. I suppose that was also the point of Dexter but Dexter Morgan still had his fair share of kills- it'd be far more compelling to watch a character who doesn't kill trying to stop himself from doing so.

• Love 2

I haven't watched SB&D in awhile but I loved that episode.  Of course I loved Reid but I loved Nathan Harris too.  He was one of only a handful of Unsubs (or potential Unsubs, in Nathan's case) who've been sympathetic characters for me -- him, plus Tobias Hankel, Owen Savage and Megan Whatshername.  Are there more?  I can't recall.  But all of these were wonderfully written and depicted.

• Love 3

I noticed a LOT of people that are in the 6-degrees-of category have responded to Anton's death.

Almost all of the original ST:TNG cast (excluding Denise Crosby who hasn't been on Twitter in a few days, and Wil Wheaton). Obviously the current ST cast members commented and so did some of the older cast members like George Takei and William Shatner. Ed Bernero (who has Twitter but it isn't marked as official) said Anton was one of the most talented actors they ever worked with on CM.

Guillermo del Toro commented as did Kat Dennings (Gubler's ex-gf) who said Anton was one of her best friends. Tom Hiddleston (who did a movie with Anton) said some kind words-- and so did Mark Hamill (not sure if he ever worked with Anton).

I read there were over 400 incidences involving this "defect" with the Jeep.

I still chuckle at that unauthorized doc thing because at that point, Anton had more acting experience than Matthew, but Matthew was playing the mentor. It seemed like they really bonded.

I hope they mention him on CM at some point and give Nathan a good sending-off.

The unsub played by Frankie Muniz was sympathetic, IMO because he didn't realize what he was doing. And the one played by Mitch Pileggi (Skinner from X-Files) who had totally snapped as well. And maybe Adam (the one with Dissociative Identity Disorder).

• Love 4
Just now, zannej said:

Yes! That would be wonderful. He was on the show 10 years ago but he will never be forgotten. I really hope he gets a mention...

13 hours ago, zannej said:

I noticed a LOT of people that are in the 6-degrees-of category have responded to Anton's death.

Almost all of the original ST:TNG cast (excluding Denise Crosby who hasn't been on Twitter in a few days, and Wil Wheaton). Obviously the current ST cast members commented and so did some of the older cast members like George Takei and William Shatner. Ed Bernero (who has Twitter but it isn't marked as official) said Anton was one of the most talented actors they ever worked with on CM.

Guillermo del Toro commented as did Kat Dennings (Gubler's ex-gf) who said Anton was one of her best friends. Tom Hiddleston (who did a movie with Anton) said some kind words-- and so did Mark Hamill (not sure if he ever worked with Anton).

I read there were over 400 incidences involving this "defect" with the Jeep.

I still chuckle at that unauthorized doc thing because at that point, Anton had more acting experience than Matthew, but Matthew was playing the mentor. It seemed like they really bonded.

The unsub played by Frankie Muniz was sympathetic, IMO because he didn't realize what he was doing. And the one played by Mitch Pileggi (Skinner from X-Files) who had totally snapped as well. And maybe Adam (the one with Dissociative Identity Disorder).

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about these guys -- thanks, Su.  

it would be nice if they at least put up a credit to say "In Memory Of" or some such.

I read that the coroner said Anton's death would've been nearly instantaneous.  Hope so.  I saw a pic of him on Tumblr following a mama duck and her babies, smiling and holding an umbrella over them.  I'm thinking he was very sweet.

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Droogie said:

it would be nice if they at least put up a credit to say "In Memory Of" or some such.

Yes, they should totally do this. But putting up a credit that says "In Memory of..." after a random episode doesn't seem very sincere or tribute like at all. They should write a story that is somehow related to him and put up the "In Memory Of" credit at the end of that episode.

Edited by BIackb1rd

I'd love to see a follow up episode to this. Of course, with Anton gone, they can't really have Nathan Harris in it. I'm thinking perhaps a letter from his mom to Reid, telling them that he'd conquered his demons and lived happily for several years, but was killed in some kind of related accident. Maybe Mom found something of Nathan's while going through his things (as well as Reid's business card for one, to give her the push to write him), something like a story he's written, perhaps about his own life, touching on Reid being the one who helped him overcome those demons. (I'm rambling sorry.)

• Love 5
(edited)

I watched Sex, Birth, Death with a great deal of melancholy yesterday. Nathan Harris was a tragic figure, a potential unsub who I felt some kind of empathy. I truly wanted him to conquer his demons and live a happy and healthy life. And I've read nothing but great things about Mr. Yelchin. His talent was very evident, but he truly seemed like a decent human being. I can't even imagine what his parents are going through. No parent should ever have to bury a child.

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, ReidFan said:

I'd love to see a follow up episode to this. Of course, with Anton gone, they can't really have Nathan Harris in it. I'm thinking perhaps a letter from his mom to Reid, telling them that he'd conquered his demons and lived happily for several years, but was killed in some kind of related accident. Maybe Mom found something of Nathan's while going through his things (as well as Reid's business card for one, to give her the push to write him), something like a story he's written, perhaps about his own life, touching on Reid being the one who helped him overcome those demons. (I'm rambling sorry.)

Good idea.  At the very least, as a bookend.  Something positive, letting us know Nathan overcame his demons and wanted to tell Reid about it.  As long as it leaves a good impression of Nathan and an indication he was helped by his association with Spencer.  It could be very good and very believable.

• Love 2

I'm actually diving in headfirst. I've set aside the fanfic I was working on, and am doing a 'after Nathan' story now. Mostly because I don't trust the Messer era writers to do a good job with this one, Chris Mundy (writer of Revelations, one of my favourites) did S,B& D and he ain't there anymore to do a followup.  hmmmm so i'm arrogant enough that i'm doing it myself?? I would like to throw a couple of ideas around though, if anyone is willing to help/listen/dismiss.

• Love 4

I've decided to rewatch the series, starting from the beginning, because I guess I need a hobby.  I'm gonna watch every episode in order, no matter how bad (I'm looking at you, Black Queen and 200 and more). I expect it will take me until S12 premieres, at least, bc I do plan to have a life in the meantime.

...so I'm eight minutes into Extreme Aggressor. And my gosh!  It's so good.  Makes perfect sense that it hooked me immediately.  But funnily enough, before the first break was heavy on the guests and light on the stars.  I've become so accustomed to bitching about that, that I forget the series started out that way.

Baby Reid! and Baby Hotch! and Baby Morgan! and I had forgotten how much I genuinely loved Gideon, and what an absolutely amazing character he was...

• Love 1

I might have to post for catharsis with each episode.  I didn't realize/forgot that the game "Go" was a factor in EA, with Reid giving the title of the episode.  Also, he didn't carry his leather messenger bag in this.  When did he start?  And what's with the little notebook he is keeping?  He remembers everything.  When did he abandon this practice?

Please forgive the Reid obsession.  Y'all know it's bad, so I'm sure it's no surprise.

• Love 1
On 6/22/2016 at 7:56 PM, ReidFan said:

I'm actually diving in headfirst. I've set aside the fanfic I was working on, and am doing a 'after Nathan' story now. Mostly because I don't trust the Messer era writers to do a good job with this one, Chris Mundy (writer of Revelations, one of my favourites) did S,B& D and he ain't there anymore to do a followup.  hmmmm so i'm arrogant enough that i'm doing it myself?? I would like to throw a couple of ideas around though, if anyone is willing to help/listen/dismiss.

I'm sure it will be lovely and a wonderful tribute to Mr. Yelchin. Can't wait to read it. And you know you can always send your ideas my way.

I would love for CM to honor Anton with his character overcoming his demons and living a happy and healthy life, much of it inspired by Reid. Sadly, we can't bring Anton back to reprise his role as Nathan, but perhaps there could be a scene where Reid receives a letter from Nathan thanking him for setting him on the path of healing. It would be lovely to see Reid tear up from joy, not sadness.

• Love 3
(edited)

Normasm and ReidFan, thanks for the giggles. I really need them.

Still, I don't think Flesh Talcum Powder is quite as epic as Daddy Saddle. Daddy Saddle should be put on Mount Rushmore.

37 minutes ago, normasm said:

Bed, Bath and Beyond, indeed!

Beyond Borders? ::ducks rotting fruit::

Edited by Bookish Jen
reasons
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

But are they organic, locally-grown, artisanal and blessed by a shaman from Tibet?

actually, no. They're the groundfall. The ones even the ketchup people rejected :P

• Love 1

Flipped on the TV and Hearts in Atlantis (with Anton Yelchin and Anthony Hopkins) is on TeVo.  Yelchin was such a cute kid!  Hubs said, "Is that the guy who played Chekov that you were talking about?  Didn't he do an episode of Criminal Minds?"

still sad...

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 3:42 PM, ReidFan said:

I'm Canadian! Are you impressed that I even knew what Mt Rushmore was?  O:-)

Yes, but I figured you would. You're very smart.

2 hours ago, Droogie said:

Flipped on the TV and Hearts in Atlantis (with Anton Yelchin and Anthony Hopkins) is on TeVo.  Yelchin was such a cute kid!  Hubs said, "Is that the guy who played Chekov that you were talking about?  Didn't he do an episode of Criminal Minds?"

still sad...

I'm sad, too.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

aaaaaah!! As someone who loves bears, I find this picture really disturbing! *waaaah* :::off to find teddy bear to hug::::

Maybe you could find someone willing to wear a teddy bear costume and then you could hug him. You know he would be game.

• Love 1