Type keyword(s) to search

The Bullpen

• Start Topic

Scenario # 1   I made out with Penelope Garcia and now we can't make eye contact.

Scenario # 2   I made out with Penelope Garcia and saved the world.

DAMN IT ALL! Had I been born a day earlier I could have been making out with Spencer Reid instead.I guess that is what I get for procrastinating.And apparently I have not learned my lesson. I still procrastinate way more than I should.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ReidFan said:

I made out with Spencer Reid and saved the world......for once in my life one of these Internet memes really tells the truth O:-)

Oh rub it in why don't you. Snerk.

If my mother would have kept her damn legs crossed and I had born on my actual due date, March 5th, I would have been shot by Emily Prentiss. And here I thought Emily and I were friends.

• Love 3

Mine was:

I smoked weed with Alex Blake and now we can't make eye contact. 

Thinking about it, I would have loved to see Blake high. I bet it would have been very amusing.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Sounds like something out of Mad Libs.

Criminal Minds Mad Libs would be epic! Well, when done by us. But done by the Screaming Mimis on CM's various social media? I figure a Screaming Mimi CM-related Mad Lib sentence would go like this:

"Dr. Spenzser Reed ate pizza with Aron Hodge while profiling an ugly Alex Black and a stupid JLH because Emilie Prentice rocks and JJ is hot."

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lebanna said:

Mine was:

I smoked weed with Alex Blake and now we can't make eye contact. 

Thinking about it, I would have loved to see Blake high. I bet it would have been very amusing.

Someone has to write a fan fic featuring a high Alex Blake. For some reason, I bet she would be really silly and probably have her head buried in a huge bag of Cool Ranch Doritos. I also want to see a Dr. Spencer Reid high because you know, why not? Oh, goodness! How about Hotch high as a kite? Seriously, we need someone to write this fan fic, like, yesterday. Derek would probably be saying "Hey, baby girl" on an endless loop while staring into a mirror. Emily would be dancing on a table in a very interpretative manner. Rossi would be sharing his 'Nam stories, "Harrison and I smoked a lot of hash while fighting the Viet Cong. Can you dig it?" JJ would lose her cool veneer and go on a full meltdown demanding for a bag of Cheetos. And as for Garcia? High or sober, would there really be a difference?

• Love 2

Say wouldn't it be hilarious if it turned out that E.M. and her writers had been using a similar method.Okay on second thought maybe it wouldn't be so hilarious after all. 

• Love 2
On June 3, 2016 at 8:59 PM, Droogie said:

I killed Erin Strauss and now I'm naked.

i don't even want the backstory on how this may have happened.

wow! Mark Hamill posts on our forum?!!

• Love 3
(edited)

I now have the final DVR numbers for Boredom's last 2 episodes of the season.

L+3

9pm episode: 0.4 gain for a total of 1.4 in the demo. 1,515,000 gain in viewership for a total of 7,255,000 viewers.

10pm episode: (season finale) 0.3 gain for a total of 1.3 in the demo.1,578,000 gain in viewership for a total of 6,767,000 viewers.

L+7

ETA: Since posting this I've discovered that the cut off date for those L+7 numbers was May 22nd.Which is why Boredom wasn't on any of the lists.Therefore I will have to wait until next Monday to see what gains Boredom may or not have made in the L+7 numbers.

Edited by MMC
to make a correction
(edited)

U.S.  remakes TV shows from other places all the time, it makes sense that this premise would be interesting. once upon a time it was unique, not just some police procedural, as it is now. I'd be interested to see how they deal with a Reid-like character.

Edited by normasm
  • Love 3

Korean dramas always have a romance plot in them, so I think Reid's equivalent will actually get a serious love interest plot. In fact, it will definitely focus on characters live rather than criminals. I was watching a Korean drama one day and a gun was censored. No way they are focusing on murders...And some characters are not ideal drama types so they might be cut or combined.

Oh well. I will say if it is interesting next year if it airs!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, qwerty said:

Look what I finally got my hands on! 

X2ZrR9b.png

Excuse the blank square, I blocked out the libraries location. 

Honestly, I'm considering typing it out so I still have a copy when I return it. 

I have all three, I got them on Amazon for cheap a few years. :)

I have them all as well. I enjoyed them - they were written back in 2007 or thereabouts so the characters are as they were at the start and not fleshed out and developed. A good read although going back and re-reading them the characterisation of the team feels a little stilted to me after all these years, I wonder why he only ever did 3 of them - it would be so interesting to see one written with the team as they are now.

(edited)

"Happy week-end, my nerds!

Dr. Spencer Reid was only too happy to help a pint-sized Bookish Jen reach the phone, and he didn't need a Daddy Saddle to do it.

Spencer bookish jen phone.jpg

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 4

I am so late to the party.

Ok. I rode on the jet with Tara Lewis. I considered both landline and cell #s. So, one would be and I want to do it again and the other would be and it saved the world. I think I'll go with the latter. LOL.

• Love 4

I remember watching his episode the first time and thinking he would have an amazing career. I was pleased to see him get to be Chekhov and thought he was great in that, and so many other things. He had only just got started.

This is such a huge pity.

• Love 2

just wow :-( One of my favourite episodes, one of my favourite 'unsubs'. He did that segment on the special features thingie on the DVD with Matthew too.... as a huge Trek fan, I was so sure I'd hate him as Chekhov (no way could he ever live up to my childhood love Walter Koenig) but he did, he was fabulous. Gonna miss him for sure.... what a horrible accident

• Love 3

I just came here to mention this as well!  I'm sad!  He was a really good actor -- and I thought the AT&T commercials were super funny.  Plus, I really didn't realize he was as young as he was.  Such a shame.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Droogie said:

I just came here to mention this as well!  I'm sad!  He was a really good actor -- and I thought the AT&T commercials were super funny. 

wait. what AT&T commercials?

• Love 1

Such a sad loss, Anton Yelchin. A reminder that life is precious and can go at any moment.

He was going to have quite the career. Quite the pity CM had him just once, but, at least we had him.

• Love 4

I'm not sure about the footbal part, but here is a link to watch it -- it's the only version I could find:

MGG is really maintaining his radio silence lately. Thomas posted about AY on his Instagram, and I really expected Matthew to do so as well.  I thought it was surprising that he did not (as of yet anyway). 

• Love 2
(edited)

he may not know yet? Matthew was away from his twitter etc for just over two weeks a while back (on vacay with sister, nephew etc ) to 'get away'....perhaps he's still away from technology. I did five days away from the Internet myself last week :) 

I'd only seen the short version of the commercial Droogie, (googled anton yelchin xfinity commercial and it came up-it says it aired during the Stupidbowl that's why i mentioned football) thanks for posting this longer one! awwww my woice! .... the woice which has been silenced :(

Edited by ReidFan
typo
  • Love 1

Oh, now I get it!  And I knew it has been a Super Bowl commercial -- just didn't put it together.  AY was so cute.  I'm not a Star Trek fan but I could imagine he was great in it.  Still trying to figure out what kind of freak occurrence it was for him to be pinned by his car.  Gosh I hope he didn't suffer long.

Yeah, I knew MGG had been away from social media for the most part -- at least, not posting (except for the bits about cookies the other day).  But I don't imagine he's been away from his phone and no doubt is well-aware of what's happening in the world.  My take on his quiescence is that maybe he got tired of being "on" and just wanted a break.  I'm also wondering if the movie in Nebraska fell through somehow as well -- haven't heard a peep about it.

Not hijacking the thread for MGG!  Please feel free to move if it would be more appropriate.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ReidFan said:

British forum members? Is the daily mirror uk a reliable source of news?

For a tabloid newspaper it's about as sound as you will get. My dad used to read it! I'm a Guardian reader myself. Why, what has the Mirror said?