Type keyword(s) to search

The Bullpen

• Start Topic

"Happy Friday, my nerds!"

The BAU profiled the unsub, "Silent, but deadly."

0pNABkrl.jpg

Sorry. I couldn't resist. And I didn't mean to insult JJ when I mentioned Reid has farts smarter than her. Reid probably has farts smarter than me. And when I alluded to Spencer possibly farting I thought most of my fellow Reid-ers would howl in protest, "Booky, shut your whore mouth! Reid does not fart! And if he does fart it is all rainbows, daisies, glitter and kitties and puppies hugging! You're just jealous!"

• Love 6

As a matter of fact Booky,Yes I do resent you implying that our Beautiful man farts.Farting is for mere commoners such as JJ and Garcia.Therefore Reid doesn't fart, he flatulates.

• Love 5

back to revisiting season one. completed today: Secrets and Lies (meh) Machismo (blech) Somebody's Watching (worth sitting through for Reid content only) and now Fisher King, one of my favourites even if the unsub's motives don't really make any sense to me

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ReidFan said:

back to revisiting season one. completed today: Secrets and Lies (meh) Machismo (blech) Somebody's Watching (worth sitting through for Reid content only) and now Fisher King, one of my favourites even if the unsub's motives don't really make any sense to me

those aren't my favs either, the one thing saves Machismo is the Hotchner family scene, but it's in the begining of the episode hehe

Man, just watched Proof again as it popped up on TV and I was still raging mad about the way JJ kept needling Reid till he blew up and then the utterly ridiculous pasta party at the end. If only they had carried all the mistrust and differences between the team through a few episodes - I get so annoyed with the need to have a happy clappy family ending every time - I get that people like the family feel in the team but families do fall out and it takes more than a carbonara to bring back the Disney feels.

• Love 4

what I found confounding about that whole thing, olddoggy, was that in "Proof" it was *Reid* that was po'd in the first place. The previous episode, where Prentiss comes back and they're all milling about in the conference room, it's *Morgan* who gives the ugly face that I presume was surprise/shock/anger at the whole situation. Reid does a smile/confusion look but I didn't discern any angry from him. And the shot ends looking at them through the window, and at one point Reid touches Prentiss' arm in a friendly seeming 'nice to have you back' kinda gesture. 

I'll admit I love that Reid 'owned' JJ in that argument, really put her in her place, but I maintain that the whole thing was preposterous. Hate that episode. Except for the Reid screencaps.....

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Old Dog said:

Man, just watched Proof again as it popped up on TV and I was still raging mad about the way JJ kept needling Reid till he blew up and then the utterly ridiculous pasta party at the end. If only they had carried all the mistrust and differences between the team through a few episodes - I get so annoyed with the need to have a happy clappy family ending every time - I get that people like the family feel in the team but families do fall out and it takes more than a carbonara to bring back the Disney feels.

Ugh, I hate that happy clappy family ending, too. If Spencer was in need of a home cooked meal he should have come over to my house. I'll cook him a damn meal!

• Love 3

If they ever second him to the Beyond Boredom team he can come to Somerset and I'll cook him some good old British fish, chips and mushy peas with a pickled onion on the side!

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Old Dog said:

If they ever second him to the Beyond Boredom team he can come to Somerset and I'll cook him some good old British fish, chips and mushy peas with a pickled onion on the side!

Ooh, that sounds delish! My parents got me Audrey Hepburn at Home by her son Luca Dotti. I'm going to make a beef and root stew meal called Hutspot and Audrey's recipe for chocolate mousse on her b-day, which is May 4th. Hmm. that's Wednesday, right? Don't we all watch a certain TV program that night? What is it called Minimal Binds?

Fish and chips is very similar to what we call fish fries here in Wisconsin. I grew up on fish fries.

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Old Dog said:

Heaven forbid that this should ever happen. I can totally see EM making him appear dumb and clueless,in order to make the Marvelous and Magnificent Marty look like the second coming of Einstein in comparison.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, ReidFan said:

what I found confounding about that whole thing, olddoggy, was that in "Proof" it was *Reid* that was po'd in the first place. The previous episode, where Prentiss comes back and they're all milling about in the conference room, it's *Morgan* who gives the ugly face that I presume was surprise/shock/anger at the whole situation. Reid does a smile/confusion look but I didn't discern any angry from him. And the shot ends looking at them through the window, and at one point Reid touches Prentiss' arm in a friendly seeming 'nice to have you back' kinda gesture. 

But it is Reid who look at Emily from a short distance, like down the hall while she's talking to someone else, and Strauss, who's sitting next to him, says, "At least you got her back." And he says, "Did we?" as if he's either questioning that Emily is really back, or maybe knowing that she isn't going to stay permanently.

15 hours ago, Bookish Jen said:

Ugh, I hate that happy crappy family ending, too. If Spencer was in need of a home cooked meal he should have come over to my house. I'll cook him a damn meal!

Fixed that for ya'll.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, zannej said:

There's an article about Criminal Minds, Shemar's departure, and the CM fandom: http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2016/05/criminal-minds-fandom

Thank you for posting this Zannej. I sort of wish they had talked a little about the reaction of the fanbase during Matthew's absences.And with her statement about how the show has maintained the same quality after all these years, I find myself wondering if this person and I have been watching the same show. And could somebody bring this article to EM's attention than ask her what the hell "mystery" is she talking about since the majority of these episodes have been both boring and even predictable without and ounce of suspense or mystery to any of them.And of course thank goodness, after starting the article out stating that Derek Morgan had died, that it was made clear that he didn't later on in the article. Still all in all it was interesting to read.

• Love 2

It was an interesting read - I am always amazed at the different viewpoints people have about the show. Like MMC I often feel I've been watching a different show than some of these pundits. It will be interesting to see how much Shemar's departure makes to the viewing figures. My guess is not as much as some seem to think. I think the real test will be if it gets a season 12 and,if so, those first few episodes of the season.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ReidFan said:

will i get in trouble with anyone if i say i don't miss Derek Morgan? or only in relation to the fact that Spencer misses him.

Not from me you won't.Sadly at one time I would have missed Morgan for himself,but thanks to EM and these writers I will only miss him in the context of his relationship with Reid.Okay I do have another reason, with Morgan gone there's likely to be more pairings of Reid and the "Golden Girl"

• Love 1

ick. I think. Are you talking about fans 'shipping them or about the "Rossi and Lewis go to the crime scene please, JJ, you and Reid to the M-E" kinda thing? 

5 hours ago, ReidFan said:

ick. I think. Are you talking about fans 'shipping them or about the "Rossi and Lewis go to the crime scene please, JJ, you and Reid to the M-E" kinda thing? 

My guess would be both, if only because the power of shipping conquers all things, including character departure. It don't need no stinkin' badges.

• Love 2

I miss Morgan because of Reid's missing him. In the beginning, Morgan was an integral part of the show, but he has not been well written (he's not alone) in later years. I liked the attention to the MoReid dynamic in the last Morgan episode, but I don't think I will miss him. If they go forward with season 12, I hope they will employ writers who can write (decently) the canon, especially Reid and Hotch. I hope they won't bring in anyone other than Lewis.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, normasm said:

I miss Morgan because of Reid's missing him. In the beginning, Morgan was an integral part of the show, but he has not been well written (he's not alone) in later years. I liked the attention to the MoReid dynamic in the last Morgan episode, but I don't think I will miss him. If they go forward with season 12, I hope they will employ writers who can write (decently) the canon, especially Reid and Hotch. I hope they won't bring in anyone other than Lewis.

this!

completely, utterly, totally agree!

• Love 2

"Happy Wednesday, my nerds!"

Bookish Jen was positively apoplectic when a potential unsub brought this monstrosity to her Criminal Minds season finale viewing and potluck party.

50294b717e11c.image.jpg

Seriously what is this? WHAT IS THIS! Someone please hold me. I'm scared.

• Love 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

um, can I send it on the BAU jet with, say, Reid delivering it?

Well, if you insist.

And he brings this little vintage brooch with him (aquamarine is my birthstone and it matches my eyes).

06e51d175da4014072107fbdc1916bef.jpg

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 2

okay, i ran that picture through tineye, Booky. It IS spaghettios, hot dog weiners and cheerios captured in a tomato soup type gelatin.

i'm gonna go puke now. 

and think of a much better recipe.... Matthew Gray Gubler covered in chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

ah, much better! :)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, normasm said:

Spaghetti-Os terrine with a garnish of Vy-ennah sausage (that's Vienna sausage to those of you who were raised in civilization).

Hey, now, I've called it Vy-ennah sausage my whole life, although I've never eaten them with Spaghetti-Os.. ;-)

• Love 1
On 5/3/2016 at 1:34 PM, ReidFan said:

will i get in trouble with anyone if i say i don't miss Derek Morgan? or only in relation to the fact that Spencer misses him.

Not with me. I don't miss him, either. Even the attempts to show us how much the team misses him fall flat for me. The thing with Reid looking wistfully at the empty seat on the plane just didn't ring true based on their writing. They said that Morgan had been away for 6 months after he was attacked so they already had plenty of time to get used to not having him around on cases. And he didn't die. They are able to see him. So it just struck me as as fake, as a writer's ploy. I actually enjoy the episodes with fewer team members as long as Hotch and Reid are still there.

3 hours ago, ReidFan said:

okay, i ran that picture through tineye, Booky. It IS spaghettios, hot dog weiners and cheerios captured in a tomato soup type gelatin.

i'm gonna go puke now. 

and think of a much better recipe.... Matthew Gray Gubler covered in chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

ah, much better! :)

Ick. I had an aunt that used to mix a can of Spaghetti-O's with a can of pork'n'beans and call it Spa-beans. I wouldn't eat it. 

• Love 1

I hate both spaghettios (and all the incarnations thereof- alpha getti, zoodles, spongebobs, pokemons etc blech, basically canned pasta=not edible) and vienna sausage (eeeuuuuwww!!!)

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

I hate both spaghettios (and all the incarnations thereof- alpha getti, zoodles, spongebobs, pokemons etc blech, basically canned pasta=not edible) and vienna sausage (eeeuuuuwww!!!)

I do like Beef-A-Roni. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Yay! I think I'm very pleased - although it probably means another year of agonising over sub standard writing, slushy family scenes and whether JJ will really be aiming to take over from Hotch. But yay! Another season with Spencer Reid!

Edited by Old Dog
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, Old Dog said:

Yay! I think I'm very pleased - although it probably means another year of agonising over sub standard writing, slushy family scenes and whether JJ will really be aiming to take over from Hotch. But yay! Another season with Spencer Reid!

Yeah. I know there will be things that drive me crazy. If they're trimming the budget, they're not going to invest money in decent writers. But I am actually happy about this. Maybe because watching this show and discussing it online has been such a fixture in my life for so many years. It's a habit. Not saying it's a good habit, but habit is definitely why I'm still watching. 

• Love 5

If only they would invest the money they are saving from Shemar's departure on another good writer or two instead of another cast member - but EM has already said they need to fill his place. I don't see why -the team work well as they are.

• Love 7

Well, i may be re-thinking my wish that Beyond Boredom™ tanks, because that would mean EM comes back full time to CM. (She seems like a lovely person that everyone likes, but I hate what she and others have done to the show). 

• Love 7

please continue to save money, Producers, by not bothering to replace Shemar Moore. You have a good enough core cast, okay? Just focus on them! danke!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Old Dog said:

If only they would invest the money they are saving from Shemar's departure on another good writer or two instead of another cast member - but EM has already said they need to fill his place. I don't see why -the team work well as they are.

Y'know, I'm on record as saying that the show should stop trying to replace the core cast, because it hasn't worked and probably won't ever work. But shamefully, the first thing I thought when I saw the news about the renewal is that Rizzoli & Isles is going to be closing its doors after this coming season. Then I realized I shouldn't wish trying to fill the shoes of a CM cast member on actresses I like. :-P

• Love 2