Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

So she's fit now?  Is that what she's saying?  Really?  REALLY?????  Has she looked in a mirror lately?  It makes my wonder what was in that iv bag.

6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I want to know who the 25 people are. Why give a number, why not say many?

Maybe it's the total number of strive people.  She has just gone around the bend.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I think it's the 23 members of the Kody Brow family and the two sons-in-law????

Probably, I guess Caleb's family isn't involved or thought of then? I mean, of those 25, many don't even live close by.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, toodles said:

So she's fit now?  Is that what she's saying?  Really?  REALLY?????  Has she looked in a mirror lately?  It makes my wonder what was in that iv bag.

Maybe it's the total number of strive people.  She has just gone around the bend.

hahaha, I want some of what she's having, but in pill form ;)

Honestly, she's really lost it.  That "why" business is just dumb.  Dear Meri uses that too, and I hate it.

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Probably, I guess Caleb's family isn't involved or thought of then? I mean, of those 25, many don't even live close by.

Can't say as I blame the ones who have fled the cult-de-sac.  Maddie and Caleb should have stayed in Montana or Wyoming or wherever.  They've learned grifting well.

• Love 1

I mean, of those 25, many don't even live close by.

But Kody probably told her to reference the whole family in her post . . . must be almost renewal time, and he wanted TPTB to remember how "speshul" they are.

• Love 1
On 6/28/2017 at 0:26 PM, toodles said:

She needs to find a real job and tell Kody et al, screw you.  I'm paying my own bills and the money is not going in to some sort of communal pot.  Get a damn job yourself.  

There are many rea$on$ for Janelle to get a job, but plodding through their book (this time I am determined to finish it!) it appears that the only thing that has ever made her really happy was working outside the home.  She states repeatedly how much satisfaction having a job brings her.  I don't understand why she doesn't resume her career.  She has a degree in accounting (IIRC) and she could surely find work.

How old is her youngest?  Isn't Truely like 9 or something?  I just don't understand "WHY" Janelle doesn't return to the workforce when she has made it so clear how much she enjoys it. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

There are many rea$on$ for Janelle to get a job, but plodding through their book (this time I am determined to finish it!) it appears that the only thing that has ever made her really happy was working outside the home.  She states repeatedly how much satisfaction having a job brings her.  I don't understand why she doesn't resume her career.  She has a degree in accounting (IIRC) and she could surely find work.

How old is her youngest?  Isn't Truely like 9 or something?  I just don't understand "WHY" Janelle doesn't return to the workforce when she has made it so clear how much she enjoys it. 

Truely is Christine's youngest.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Savanah is Janelle's youngest and she was 5 when the show started, putting her in the 12/13 ish range now.  Her next oldest is Gabriel and I'm sure he's in the 15/16 ish now.  They are the only two children still at home in Janelle's house.  No one knows for sure if Maddie lives with her with the baby and hubby, but I think it's easy to assume she does.  It's pretty obvious in every way that Janelle is miserable, her posts and subtleties pretty much scream it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Oh, that's right, Truely belongs to Christine.  Thanks for the correction.  The younger kids are sort of blur to me, lol.

It's easy to forget who belongs to who, but "they're all one big, happy family" right?

Yeah, right!

Janelle really should get her butt back to work, and forget all this MLM bullshit and snake oil schemes.  You're right Celia, a real job is what she liked and was apparently good at.

• Love 3

She was still working when the show first started, wasn't she?  (I am just now getting to that part of the book).  I remember seeing a scene of her walking around an area with decent-sized buildings where she worked.  She seemed so content and independent, like an entirely different person then.  I think that is when the "smarter than your average Brown" perception of her was formed.  

Boy, how things change. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

She was still working when the show first started, wasn't she?  (I am just now getting to that part of the book).  I remember seeing a scene of her walking around an area with decent-sized buildings where she worked.  She seemed so content and independent, like an entirely different person then.  I think that is when the "smarter than your average Brown" perception of her was formed.  

Boy, how things change. 

I think she worked for the state at the time? I wonder if she left on good terms.

I don't recall any mention of her real estate job recently.

• Love 3

I think she worked for the state at the time?

She worked for the State of Utah, in either the department that handled food stamps or the one that provided human services (can't remember which one).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

She worked for the State of Utah, in either the department that handled food stamps or the one that provided human services (can't remember which one).

I guess she was there until they moved? She could have taken civil service tests in Nevada. I wonder if that occured to her.

• Love 1

She worked there during the time they lived in Lehi, so about 5 years. She took out her retirement when they left and blew through it pretty quickly. The smart (ie. non-Brown) thing to do would have been to apply for a State position in Nevada immediately after moving there and reinvest her retirement in the State retirement fund there. She could have probably applied to have those years go toward her State employment years in Nevada, allowing her to retire sooner (former AZ State employee here). But of course this would have cut into her filming schedule, and scamming schedule, and depression time....

(not mocking those with depression, just saying she has elevated it to an art-form on social media). ;)

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Just like Meri, who says she lost her job because she appeared on the show. Even if that's true, why not get another one?

Janelle didn't get fired, she left when they moved to LV.  

I rather think that Kody being fired for being a polygamist is total BS.  He's a lazy bum really.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I always wondered how much retirement Janelle, with 6 kids to support, actually managed to accrue over just 5 years.

With State retirements, usually the State takes a set percentage of the employee's income and matches it with a set contribution that goes into a fund. If the employee wants to save anything more towards retirement, there are additional programs the employee can contribute into. Sounds like Janelle had the standard State retirement and there would not have been much in it after only five years, either through contributions or growth. 

• Love 3

I had a state job and cashed in my retirement after 5 years to put a down payment on a house after I got married.  I then got a similar job in a different state and managed to put in 36 years toward a new retirement fund.  It worked out well for my family, but Janelle has nothing to show from her first retirement, and she has no job for a second retirement.  I don't think reality TV provides for retirement, and they certainly never plan ahead for the future.

• Love 8

They were busy being persecuted.  Evidently it's was a full time job and it took five adults to do it.  Who had time to find a paying job?  

Color me crazy but finding a real job with a paycheck and benefits would have been my first priority.  But the browns had to find rental houses and what a hardship that was!  They couldn't be a family in rentals.  So pissing and moaning about living in rentals  kept them busy too.  And with birthdays, anniversaries and lights to hang they can't possibly be expected to work.  As kody has said numerous times, it would make a monogamous person's head spin! A job?  Who has the time?  That mock tapioca doesn't make itself you know.

• Love 16
On 7/1/2017 at 8:57 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Ok, I have been tempted to download this book so many times but have stopped myself cause I am not keen on supporting them but I can't help being intrigued.  I know it isn't any sort of literary masterpiece but is it worth it?  Even a little?

I think the 'why' is they are all fucking lazy.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I know it isn't any sort of literary masterpiece but is it worth it?  Even a little?

I haven't read it and never would but I have never read a single comment that was positive.

IIRC, they dish a little more dirt in the book than they ever did in the show.  Nothing earth-shattering, but they weren't yet fully whitewashing their perfect polygamy dream world and allowed some of the cracks in the facade to show.  So if you're interested in the family and want those details, it's a quick and non-taxing read.  I checked it out from the library so they got no money from me - that's my #why.

• Love 4

Yeah, there is a little more dirt in the book but not much.  It is PAINFUL to read it is so poorly written.  They take turns writing chapters in chronological order and it is amusing when they contradict each other.  But not when they contradict themselves from one paragraph to the next.  Like, one minute Janelle is so BLISSFUL about her family that is the absolute best example of a plyg family ever, then she proceeds for the next three pages to talk about how lonely and jealous she was.  

I assume they used a ghostwriter or something and you'd think they would have done a better job.  Kind of makes me wonder how totally disorganized the thoughts of the Brown adults must be if this is the best a professional writer could do trying to make sense of them.

Go to Amazon's used books.  Don't pay more than four dollars for it.  Including shipping. 

• Love 3
On Monday, July 03, 2017 at 2:25 PM, Natalie68 said:

Ok, I have been tempted to download this book so many times but have stopped myself cause I am not keen on supporting them but I can't help being intrigued.  I know it isn't any sort of literary masterpiece but is it worth it?  Even a little?

I think the 'why' is they are all fucking lazy.

There's a thread here about the book, if you want to see what was said a couple of years ago

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/20116-lol-moments-from-the-book-becoming-sister-wives/

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Is there a difference between leading cause of death, and biggest killer? I ask because perhaps I just don't get this

https://mobile.twitter.com/JanelleBrown117/status/882705889584480258?p=v

ETA ahhhhhh deadliest animal...........just read the link in her tweet. She gives me a headache.

I noticed the misspelling of mosquitoes.  Does she also say potatoes without the E?  

She is weirder than ever (not because she can't spell.)

4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I thought it was toasters.

Christine believes that!  LOL

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

That's a sad-looking salad. I don't think I could do a caprese salad, to be honest. I like tomatoes; I just don't like tomatoes quite enough to eat that many by themselves, with just some cheese and olive oil.

@ginger90 That second link looks much better. For me, that would be a lot of food and I would probably only have about half that on my plate. Still, a much tastier looking meal.

19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Is there a difference between leading cause of death, and biggest killer? I ask because perhaps I just don't get this

https://mobile.twitter.com/JanelleBrown117/status/882705889584480258?p=v

ETA ahhhhhh deadliest animal...........just read the link in her tweet. She gives me a headache.

Why is she worried about mosquitos?  They are few to none in Vegas.  It's too hot and dry.  One of the good things about living here in the summer.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What is the brow stuff on top of the lettuce?  Is it some kind of mushrooms or pasta? 

ETA: I looked it up ... it's calamari.  I think I would actually rather dine with Janelle tonight!! 

That's ok. More squid for me! YUM!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, MrSmith said:

That's a sad-looking salad. I don't think I could do a caprese salad, to be honest. I like tomatoes; I just don't like tomatoes quite enough to eat that many by themselves, with just some cheese and olive oil.

@ginger90 That second link looks much better. For me, that would be a lot of food and I would probably only have about half that on my plate. Still, a much tastier looking meal.

Those aren't even proper sized tomatoes for a caprese.  most of those tomatoes look like grape tomatoes and to me a caprese should have sliced tomatoes.  None of those tomatoes is big enough to slice.

• Love 1

I will cut Janelle a break on the tomato selection.  When you grow your own, you make do with what is ripe that day.  Chopped, sliced, eaten whole or whatever, there is nothing like fresh warm 'mater out of the garden. 

That being said, who knows what she did to her little tomato crop after she took that picture.  I just hope she didn't drown it in that yucky bottled ranch dressing she seems so fond of!  She might as well eat a cheeseburger if that is the plan. 

• Love 4