Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

It doesn't seem to me that Janelle has ever appreciated efforts made to hold her accountable for anything before ... when called out or questioned, doesn't she just moan about people being negative?

I guess maybe she has decided to try and make money off being criticised instead of just whining about it.   

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Logan's graduation is approaching

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT1odhzD3n1/

I wonder of Logan will be wearing those shorts on graduation day. ?I think you linked to the wrong reality tv persona. 

On 5/6/2017 at 5:31 PM, DakotaJustice said:

Oh my Lord, I just read that and died.  The video on how to add a milestone - we're doing a fitness challenge at work (voluntary) using an app and it figures that out automatically.

and we all get to use it free :)

I think Janelle would be way more successful and authentic - and build more of a following- with this fitness journey if she did this whole thing more informally thru social media. As you mention, there are so many fitness resources for people these days (many free) that you have to be adding a lot of value for someone to pay. I've always sympathized with Janelle's struggle with weight and food, and I don't  think she ever positioned herself as an expert in regard to either. I see how she was trying to make her niche the sort of everyday regular woman tired of fad diets and extreme habits. But a scaled back, grass roots sort of effort would better align with this. With a big enough following on instagram she could get sponsored posts, etc. I used to think Janelle was the smart one but I'm not seeing it here. 

• Love 4

I mentioned in the small talk thread, but they are rerunning random episodes.  I watched the one where mykelti brings ft home for the first time.  I think my DVR found it all by itself..

Anyhow, Janelle was doing talking heads and wow, she is really round.  The scary part is she looks pretty much the same now.  So what are the strive people buying again?  Oh that's right.  NO ONE KNOWS.

• Love 5
(edited)

I do wonder of this is an attempt (like Meri's LLR) to find herself something more to do now that more of her kids are out of the house and to get some validation Kody from validation and purpose from people who are not Kody, especially now Sobin is Keen Queen. If she has to travel every so often to expos there is time away from the Kol-de -Despair and since we know Logan and Michelle have also joined her (and come across really well) a chance to spend time with them.

They are definitely not to everyone's taste and I don't know if they would employ her, but if she was willing to put in the effort to developing an endorsement and at least reasonable fitness/weightloss "business" then one of the more established companies might have been willing to promote her for a season  (WW, Jenny Craig", Lean Cuisine etc") - not an advocation of any company but she would actually have to show improvement and be willing to step up her lazy presence compared to a poorly prepared doozy that actually, even assuming they don't intent to use it to "bleed the beast" in bankruptcy with everything you can already get for free on the internet or at a fraction of the (stupidly high) price.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1

I don't know if Strive is supposed to be a weight loss "thing". The description on twitter,

STRIVE with Janelle provides a real and practical approach to living your best life. #MakeTheMostOfYou

With or without the weight loss angle, I do not find her to have an insipiring personality, at all.

• Love 5
(edited)
28 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

#MakeTheMostOfYou

That's trending on twitter in various ways before *anyone* gets put in which ever time zone they are. It doesn't seem to be specifically weight Loss OR a good exercise regime. I have paid less for a personal trainer) good Luck Logan and Michelle (you can do better).

Edited by Featherhat
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

STRIVE with Janelle provides a real and practical approach to living your best life. #MakeTheMostOfYou

If making the most of you is blowing off conference calls and post sad videos about how much her life sucks, then well done.  I doubt even Janelle  knows what strive is supposed to be.  Spouting recycled Oprah bs seems like all she has.  

As ginger90 said, Janelle is not inspirational at all. But she hasn't done anything to change that.  And she never will. But she is more than happy to take your money while she thinks about it.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don't know if Strive is supposed to be a weight loss "thing". The description on twitter,

With or without the weight loss angle, I do not find her to have an insipiring personality, at all.

Her life totally sucks.  

What's the opposite of Strive?  because maybe that's the name she shoulda given this motivation for nothing.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Her life totally sucks.  

What's the opposite of Strive?  because maybe that's the name she shoulda given this motivation for nothing.  

Her Brand should be named "Dysthymic Baseline."

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Her Brand should be named "Dysthymic Baseline."

I love words and I had to get my dictionary out.  I learned something new today!!!

• Love 1

We're all striving to be better. We don't all start businesses because of it. You know why? Because no one will pay for that, we're all doing the same damn thing every day! Instead we come here, we snark, we share ideas and it doesn't cost a dime. 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Good question.

Also, doesn't look like Caleb is ever going back to work.

I guess he's the man of the house now. That could be good or bad, lol!

On 5/8/2017 at 5:11 PM, mamey2422 said:

I wonder of Logan will be wearing those shorts on graduation day. ?I think you linked to the wrong reality tv persona. 

I think Janelle would be way more successful and authentic - and build more of a following- with this fitness journey if she did this whole thing more informally thru social media. As you mention, there are so many fitness resources for people these days (many free) that you have to be adding a lot of value for someone to pay. I've always sympathized with Janelle's struggle with weight and food, and I don't  think she ever positioned herself as an expert in regard to either. I see how she was trying to make her niche the sort of everyday regular woman tired of fad diets and extreme habits. But a scaled back, grass roots sort of effort would better align with this. With a big enough following on instagram she could get sponsored posts, etc. I used to think Janelle was the smart one but I'm not seeing it here. 

Unfortunately she wants to make money more than get healthy/lose weight herself.  I agree she would be better with a, "lets do this together" approach.  When she does this in earnest it will make her happy, she will be proud of herself and so much in life falls into place when you are in this frame of mind. 

Positive thought and being happy where you are right now brings so much in.  

10 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Why does she abuse her hair?

Because it is frizzy and she hates it.  At some point she will embrace it and work with it by using products designed to tame frizz.  She is probably using a harsh shampoo (they are cheap) and found in the drug store etc.  

This is the shit people (I hope not many) are paying for.......

Fizzy water and lime?  Seriously?  Well, there are probably leg humpers who think this is brilliant.

• Love 3
(edited)

WOW!  I've heard of lemon in water.  But LIME!!!!  This is earth shattering!  This idea is going to make Janelle rich! 

Okay, on a (semi) serious note ... I did a "tineye" search of that image just because I was curious where she lifted it from and guess what ... that is not club soda or sparkling water and lime like Janelle suggests... it's a gin and tonic! 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 10

So I was thinking of maybe signing up for one month of Strive With Janelle since I am in the process of losing my baby weight. I really wanted to see what she has to offer via her membership. Maybe it is something better than what she offers for free. So I pulled out my CC ready to pay and I noticed she has a link to her private group on her sign up page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/STRIVEwithUsMemberCommunity/

Only 11 members are shown. Um yeah...no. CC goes right back in my wallet. Hopped over to Youtube.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Rainflower said:

So I was thinking of maybe signing up for one month of Strive With Janelle since I am in the process of losing my baby weight. I really wanted to see what she has to offer via her membership. Maybe it is something better than what she offers for free. So I pulled out my CC ready to pay and I noticed she has a link to her private group on her sign up page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/STRIVEwithUsMemberCommunity/

Only 11 members are shown. Um yeah...no. CC goes right back in my wallet. Hopped over to Youtube.

So... Janelle's striving grosses her about $110 a month right now.  Maybe she can pay her garbage bill after all.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Wow 10 paying members because the 11 overall members includes Janelle.  I'm glad to hear that there are so few people unable to see through this scam. 

Eleven members.  Hmmm.  No wonder she's posting gin and tonic.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

... on the other hand, I guess it means you can expect pretty personalized service. 

What that "service" is remains unclear, but at least you'll be in the front of the line to receive it!

But the Browns have a history of NOT providing service that their customers have paid for (multiple complaints about delays in shipping "joolry"; Meri not promptly accepting potential customers into her LulaRoe Facebook page).  Janelle may have learned her business acumen from her sisterwives.

• Love 3
Just now, AZChristian said:

But the Browns have a history of NOT providing service that their customers have paid for (multiple complaints about delays in shipping "joolry"; Meri not promptly accepting potential customers into her LulaRoe Facebook page).  Janelle may have learned her business acumen from her sisterwives.

Or did they learn it from her? After all, she's the "bizniz" wife.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

It would be nice to know if the post is a week old or a year old.

Doesn't matter.  Insipid meaningless platitudes have no expiration date.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Doesn't matter.  Insipid meaningless platitudes have no expiration date.

At least she isn't saying she is looking for her why.  Man, what a stupid saying.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, toodles said:

At least she isn't saying she is looking for her why.  Man, what a stupid saying.

It is so stupid.  As if we don't know what all of Kody's harem's why is:  to populate his planet in the next life.

• Love 4

I didn't understand this sentence from Janelle's blog:  " I avoid the carriers that don’t offer assigned seating, even if it means I have to pay a little more. It is a true phobia for me. My stomach gets upset and I start to stress out."

I fly Southwest almost exclusively BECAUSE they don't have assigned seating.  I pay a couple of bucks extra if it's a long flight so that I'll get a lower boarding number.  I'm one of the first people on the plane, and I sit wherever I want.  Hubby and I usually get aisle seats across from each other with no trouble.  I avoid carriers that DO have assigned seating, because I have less luck in sitting where I want.

So I'm confused by what Janelle wrote.

• Love 4

I started to really notice people everywhere. And guess what, most of them were not the “perfect” size, the standard I held for myself in my head. That believe it or not, people really do come in all shape and sizes. They all get along the best way possible, enjoying life and “fitting in” with their own issues whether it is height, a lack there of, or even a disability. I know it sounds crazy, but that one moment on that particular flight opened my eyes to the fact that I am as okay as everyone else around me. 

We, all of us, are unique in our body sizes and shapes and we are O.K.!

I'm Ok, because Janelle says so.  Who knew?

Who is paying for Oprah crap like this?  Hasn't Janelle read even one magazine at the grocery store?  You can't buy a single woman's magazine wthout some article or another talking about body image.  The fact that she is peddling this drivel as some sort of enticement to sign up for "services" is amazing.

A preview of Janelle's next post.

WATER.JPG.5623a0e8cff6fb0a3fac1b6b10da54e0.JPG

• Love 11