Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Do you suppose the ranch dressing is sodium and fat free?

https://mobile.twitter.com/JanelleBrown117/status/878111036443840513/photo/1

Janelle's reason for joining Pawtastic  fundraiser

https://www.strivewithjanelle.com/in-our-community/animals-need-love-too/

She is so fucking ridiculous. Ranch cups. And then she wonders why she's not getting anywhere. (I had a suitable, though unkind, analogy and decided against it because it could apply to more people than just her.) There is no way those are sodium- and fat-free.

As for the Pawtastic fundraiser, she's still not saying how much she's donating. That tells me she's donating so little that it would incite backlash and anger against her.

I feel the need to, once again, give voice to just how much I hate her "business" and her web site. The end goal for people using her "business" is to "find the best quality of life". What. In. The. Actual. Fuck. Does. That. Mean?!? It's a vague, inarticulable goal. Note to anyone reading this who might be a STRIVE customer: If you do not have concrete, discrete, articulable, and defined goals, then you will never ever achieve them! You have to have well-defined goals, such as "wear size 12 pants again" or "have 11% bodyfat" or even "lose X pounds" (but you have to account for any muscle mass gain in this third one) because you can define the steps you need to take to achieve those goals. So unless people are defining exactly what "best quality of life" is for them, then they can never achieve it. Another problem I have with that goal is that it changes as people change. When I was 20, I thought I would love living in a big city. I'm 45 years old now and the farther away from centres of civilization I can get, the happier I am.

Another thing that pisses me off about her is that she's saying that STRIVE is going to the Pawtastic event so that STRIVE members "can have the chance to hear about this non-profit's very important message". WTF? Bitch, please. You're going there, ostensibly, to give back to the community. Your actual focus is growing your business. If all you want is for STRIVE members to hear about this non-profit, then just send out communications saying, "There's this great non-profit in our area. We think it's important for STRIVE members to know about it, and we hope you'll either support this one or one similar to it in your area." And why does she think STRIVE members want to go to this thing just to hear the "very important message"? Fuck that. If I'm going to this thing, it's to meet with the STRIVE people & use their services, have some fun, and somehow support the non-profit (either in cash or volunteer hours) - in that order. Anyone who says differently is lying because you can support this non-profit without even going to this event.

I think that's enough ranting for now. I'd better get some work done. Thanks for reading and have a good weekend!

• Love 4
(edited)

Good luck with this event.  We're having record breaking heat here in Vegas.  Even if it's inside, it's too hot for my dog to walk on the blacktop.  My dog is no delicate snowflake, but no way would I take him outside anytime after about 8:00 am.  His feet would fry and I'm not kidding.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 5

Here's hoping the heat wave breaks soon, @toodles. I give credit to all of you posters here that live in places like NV, AZ, NM, and other such incredibly hot places. I could never do it - or, if I did, I would be a strictly nocturnal creature. That kind of heat would certainly melt me, like the Wicked Witch of the West but without the water.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Here's hoping the heat wave breaks soon, @toodles. I give credit to all of you posters here that live in places like NV, AZ, NM, and other such incredibly hot places. I could never do it - or, if I did, I would be a strictly nocturnal creature. That kind of heat would certainly melt me, like the Wicked Witch of the West but without the water.

Thanks . . . took a photo of my car thermometer the other day:  121.  I chuckled at Sam's Club this morning.  Not a lot of cars in the parking lot, but they were all clustered under trees for shade.  We ain't dumb.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Thanks . . . took a photo of my car thermometer the other day:  121.  I chuckled at Sam's Club this morning.  Not a lot of cars in the parking lot, but they were all clustered under trees for shade.  We ain't dumb.

No AZ, we ain't dumb.  But I'm melting all the same.  Thank God for ice water.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, toodles said:

No AZ, we ain't dumb.  But I'm melting all the same.  Thank God for ice water.

We went out to breakfast this morning.  When the server asked if we needed anything, I said "Could have a LOT more ice in my water?"  

• Love 3
On 6/23/2017 at 0:56 PM, AZChristian said:

We went out to breakfast this morning.  When the server asked if we needed anything, I said "Could have a LOT more ice in my water?"  

I am in CO.  We are having a cold spell.  The high today will be 73.  No ice water for me.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

She needs to strive to comb it.

Ugh, then we would have to hear about how hard it is for ordinary people to comb their hair, see pictures of her half-assed attempts to comb it, and her surprise that anyone can do it on a regular basis. 

ETA - was re-watching My Name is Earl yesterday and saw an episode with Brett Butler (as Joy's mom). Jenelle looks a bit like her. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
Had another thought.
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

She is eating her feelings like all the other Brown women.

You know, I know they chose to be in a polygamous relationship. However, I still feel bad for them that they're "married" (or, in Robyn's case, married) to a man who cares so little for them that he either doesn't see the signals of such unhappiness or, if he does, is unwilling to find out what he can do to help (and then, of course, actually do that). If my wife started eating her feelings, I would want to know what's going on and what I can do to help her. Life just should not be the way it is for them.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Life just should not be the way it is for them.

It's a life that they willingly chose.  It's not like going into a monogamous relationship where you learn about your partner as you grow together. In this case, except for delusional Meri, there were plenty of clues from the previous moron(s) who married into this circus. I have no sympathy for any of them.

• Love 3

@Kohola3 I know they chose it. At the same time, I don't think it's turned out to be the way they thought it would be. I expect that at least Janelle and Christine were sold a bill of goods by their parents. I think most people go through life without thinking critically about the choices they make once those choices have been made. It's not that I necessarily have sympathy for them, in particular; it's more that I have sympathy for them as human beings, in general.

• Love 1

I can see both of your points.  I feel sort of sorry for Janelle and Christine, probably because I like them a little better than mean Meri and scheming Robyn.

But I do think any woman who signs up for that crappy lifestyle is nuts and has serious self-esteem issues.  I mean, I can't imagine thinking that I didn't deserve a man to myself!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Anything except getting a real job and working for money (like the rest of us).

What?!? You expect them to work?!? Don't you realize how exceptionally special these particular snowflakes are? They're entitled to food, housing, clothing, entertainment, and everything else that life has to offer by dint of simply existing. How dare you suggest otherwise!

/sarcasm (just in case)

• Love 5

Is that the same thing that Robyn twittered about recently?  ""It makes you feel like life is okay!""

So their lives are truly so horrid that they need some (most likely vitamins...) intravenous intervention to rise to mediocrity!!??

• Love 5

I used to think Janelle was the smartest, most logical of the group and, in my opinion, she actually demonstrated this. She was a primary contributor to the family's financial resources, she called MySisterWive's Closet what it was early on - a hobby business that would not be a viable source of income, she was vocal against Meri having the same size house as the other wives in the name of financial responsibility. 

But Janelle's involvement with Strive has really changed my opinion about her. I agree with others who've said that everything about this company seems unfocused and no decision seems to be made with any apparent business sense. I wonder who her investors are. 

I thing there are parts of Janelle/Strive that are pure. I do believe Janelle doesn't understand or have healthy habits and she's trying to build that into her life. But if she thinks this is will be a long term viable career for her than she's definitely not smart. 

All the children seem to be decent, stand up humans so I give all the parents credit for that and don't roll my eyes so hard when they speak about "the family" because of it. But I think the kids are the only thing they have going for them at this point. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Is that the same thing that Robyn twittered about recently?  ""It makes you feel like life is okay!""

So their lives are truly so horrid that they need some (most likely vitamins...) intravenous intervention to rise to mediocrity!!??

Maybe someone should recommend they jump in a volcano with the promise that it'll cause them to rise to new heights? (LOL I'll see myself out....)

2 minutes ago, mamey2422 said:

I used to think Janelle was the smartest, most logical of the group and, in my opinion, she actually demonstrated this. She was a primary contributor to the family's financial resources, she called MySisterWive's Closet what it was early on - a hobby business that would not be a viable source of income, she was vocal against Meri having the same size house as the other wives in the name of financial responsibility. 

But Janelle's involvement with Strive has really changed my opinion about her. I agree with others who've said that everything about this company seems unfocused and no decision seems to be made with any apparent business sense. I wonder who her investors are. 

I thing there are parts of Janelle/Strive that are pure. I do believe Janelle doesn't understand or have healthy habits and she's trying to build that into her life. But if she thinks this is will be a long term viable career for her than she's definitely not smart. 

All the children seem to be decent, stand up humans so I give all the parents credit for that and don't roll my eyes so hard when they speak about "the family" because of it. But I think the kids are the only thing they have going for them at this point. 

I'll agree with the bold part. I think she doesn't understand how to be healthy, how to achieve a healthy weight, or how to maintain that. And this is definitely not going to be a long-term or viable (even in the short-term) career for her. After all of that, her biggest problem is motivation. I don't know whether she's gotten depressed since she moved to LV or what exactly happened. Maybe she really loved the work she did in Ewwtah and now she just doesn't really give a shit. Whatever it is, she definitely doesn't have motivation and it seems to me like she's depressed and unable to overcome that. The irony is that going to the gym and working hard elevates your mood and helps you overcome depression and lack of motivation.

• Love 1
Just now, laurakaye said:

Is that green goo in the bag?  What is happening here?  And why was it photographed?  I am confused.

There may be a way for the Brown to make $$$ off of shilling the IV stuff.  Otherwise, they'd probably not do it.

• Love 2

There may MUST be a way for the Brown to make $$$ off of shilling the IV stuff.  Otherwise, they'd probably not NEVER do it.

Fixed. :)

How much could one z-list "celebrity" actually make by letting someone stick a needle in her arm, hang an IV bag full of pee-colored water, and take a picture?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

I'll agree with the bold part. I think she doesn't understand how to be healthy, how to achieve a healthy weight, or how to maintain that. And this is definitely not going to be a long-term or viable (even in the short-term) career for her. After all of that, her biggest problem is motivation. I don't know whether she's gotten depressed since she moved to LV or what exactly happened. Maybe she really loved the work she did in Ewwtah and now she just doesn't really give a shit. Whatever it is, she definitely doesn't have motivation and it seems to me like she's depressed and unable to overcome that. The irony is that going to the gym and working hard elevates your mood and helps you overcome depression and lack of motivation.

12 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Janelle is a shlubby mess.  Why she thinks anyone would buy "Living your best life" or whatever bs she is trying to push is just beyond me.  Her hair is barely combed, she is hooked up to a banana bag (I'm not a Dr., but I watch ER reruns) and that IV is not in a Dr. office.  It looks like the back room of a 7-11.  I think it's time for STRIVE to go the that big, bright white light in the sky and call it a day.

She needs to find a real job and tell Kody et al, screw you.  I'm paying my own bills and the money is not going in to some sort of communal pot.  Get a damn job yourself.  I really doubt Meri is sharing her money.  Debt yes, earnings no.   What a terrible life.

FYI-according to ER, the banana bag is a bag of vitamins and other stuff they use to hydrate people.  

• Love 6
(edited)

STRIVE is ridulous.  Next she's going to post a picture of the kitten hanging on a tree branch with the caption that reads "Hang in There!"

Gee - get an exercise partner!  Hang a "fat" picture on the fridge!  Give yourself a day off once in awhile!  GROUNDBREAKING STUFF, y'all.  I hope you're taking notes like I am.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 8
44 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

STRIVE is ridulous.  Next she's going to post a picture of the kitten hanging on a tree branch with the caption that reads "Hang in There!"

Gee - get an exercise partner!  Hang a "fat" picture on the fridge!  Give yourself a day off once in awhile!  GROUNDBREAKING STUFF, y'all.  I hope you're taking notes like I am.

Are you charging for this advice???  LOL

• Love 3

She is not living up to her "smart one" rep.  I'm at least 15 years older than I think she must be, and I don't look as bad as she does.

Polygamy is aging to the women.  No way around the fact that you give a green light to your part-time husband doing the deed with others!

I've watched this show from the beginning (I was a Big Love fan) and I still don't know why a woman would buy into this shit!!  Just to have built-in babysitters for your umpteen kids?  

Janelle, I must admit, I don't know much about mainstream LDS (how you were raised) but it has to be better than what you've got.  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

There may MUST be a way for the Brown to make $$$ off of shilling the IV stuff.  Otherwise, they'd probably not NEVER do it.

Fixed. :)

How much could one z-list "celebrity" actually make by letting someone stick a needle in her arm, hang an IV bag full of pee-colored water, and take a picture?

Apparently the IV shops are a thing in Vegas. I think one of them set up a booth at the dog rescue benefit that Janelle and Robyn were at and were offered a free treatment or whatever you call the Dr Feelgood bag of vitamins they had inserted into their arm to pep them up. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Apparently the IV shops are a thing in Vegas. I think one of them set up a booth at the dog rescue benefit that Janelle and Robyn were at and were offered a free treatment or whatever you call the Dr Feelgood bag of vitamins they had inserted into their arm to pep them up. 

Wow.  I guess I'm really behind the times.  I didn't know that.  Who would do that?  The browns I guess.

It cooled off here on Sunday and  I thought about going.  But cooled off is a relative term in a Vegas summer.  

• Love 1

I would NEVER let anyone but a Dr prescribe an infusion...and I would never get a vanity bag.  I mean what the hell?  Put some sunscreen, makeup, and a big smile on and COMB your hair and you are good to go.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, toodles said:

Are you charging for this advice???  LOL

Yes - you can find this advice and more on my blog.  It's called "DUHHHHHHHHHHHH."

9 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

I would NEVER let anyone but a Dr prescribe an infusion...and I would never get a vanity bag.  I mean what the hell?  Put some sunscreen, makeup, and a big smile on and COMB your hair and you are good to go.

Yeah, I don't really get this, either.  I remember reading here that a poster saw Janelle at her shill booth and said that Janelle wasn't making eye contact with the few people that did approach her - instead, she had Logan do the work.  And I'm not saying she has to wear makeup to look attractive, but for Janelle, the alternative seems to be looking like she just rolled out of bed and pulled her hair back without bothering to run a comb through it.  That kind of look might work if you're a teenager.  Grown-ups need to look professional if you want anyone to buy what you're selling.  Janelle must think her "celebrity" status is enough, or she honestly does not want anyone talking to her or challenging her regarding STRIVE.  Either way, what she's doing cannot possibly be bringing in anough money to support her kids and Kody. 

• Love 3