Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

lol they just gave everything away with that episode description hahaha

@AyChihuahua, eat the hat, or be exiled from this board :p 

I too look forward to hat ingesting but I'm good with edible versions of said hat.  Doesn't even have to be a life sized hat.  I kind of have this urge to make hat shaped snacks as celebratory snacks come the 18 episode or should I save them for 19 so I don't feel quite so ghoulish? 

No mention of Damien's trial though? Weird.

Also I better get some tears from Oliver as he says his vows. Obviously he's gonna say them because he doesn't think he'll ever get the chance. I'm owed tears from their crappy meh breakup. You owe me, Amell! Tears!

They'll have my tears, I know that much for sure. 

What happened on Smallville I never finished the series? Thanks.

There was also an episode (a really crappy one) in early season eight that had engaged coupled being kidnapped and hooked up to lie detectors and if they passed, they were released but if they failed in proving their love and faithfulness, they were killed.  Chloe and Jimmy got kidnapped and passed (I assume Brainiac answered for her so his host wasn't fried- I really hated Chimmy) Then Clark and Lois posed as an engaged couple and it was one of those horridly awkward episodes where they were dropping anvils all over the place without IMO any support for any character feelings changing.  Apart from Lois deciding Clark looked good in a dress shirt.  Oh, that show was painful. 

At least luring out Cupid will give me all the real painful feels.  It sounds like emotional torture but sometimes it's better to hurt than to feel nothing at all.  :)

There was also an episode (a really crappy one) in early season eight that had engaged coupled being kidnapped and hooked up to lie detectors and if they passed, they were released but if they failed in proving their love and faithfulness, they were killed.  Chloe and Jimmy got kidnapped and passed (I assume Brainiac answered for her so his host wasn't fried- I really hated Chimmy) Then Clark and Lois posed as an engaged couple and it was one of those horridly awkward episodes where they were dropping anvils all over the place without IMO any support for any character feelings changing.  Apart from Lois deciding Clark looked good in a dress shirt.  Oh, that show was painful. 

A bit off-topic, but there was an Arrow one-shot based off of that episode that I actually liked more than that episode, go figure.

At least luring out Cupid will give me all the real painful feels.  It sounds like emotional torture but sometimes it's better to hurt than to feel nothing at all.  :)

Don't forget Felicity going into the field again! This cockamamie plan is giving that to me as well, it might not be all bad.

• Love 2

She's been in LA since Sunday. She posted a picture with her nephew today. He lives in LA. She hasn't been back to Vancouver since Sunday.

That may be true, but how do you know if she does not move? sometimes we do not know if the actors on the set or not

Don't forget Felicity going into the field again! This cockamamie plan is giving that to me as well, it might not be all bad.

I love that you found a silver lining. Let's hope that's a sign of more field action to come for her.

I don't know what to say about these episode spoilers. I think the whole concept sounds super-cheesy and has a very good chance of trying to overcompensate for the BM-driven breakup. I think perhaps they should have waited a few more episodes to do it because I'm sure we're going to get whiplash from watching them breakup and then "get married" within the span of an episode. It may be just me but I'm really hoping this is just a wee part of episode arc because while I love O/F, I need a little breather from the angst we've had to endure for the past 5 episodes.

• Love 2

...maybe he thinks this is his chance to save the city and his relationship by letting her know through his vows that he will always fight for them with everything he's got because he believes in their relationship...

I swear I can see him doing it and tears in both of their eyes. It will kill me

At least their first orgasm wasn't fake??? I guess?

Too much? 

I'll see myself out. This is what happens when I'm sleep deprived. I apologize.

LOL Felicitys face suggests there was nothing fake there

Speaking of long contracts... is this the first season we have gotten no appearance by Tommy? Do we think they might squeeze in a brief Tommy appearance before the big finale?

With major recurring arc on The Affair, series regular on Chicago Med and he even pops up on Chicago Fire. He's probably got no time.

I don't know what to say about these episode spoilers. I think the whole concept sounds super-cheesy and has a very good chance of trying to overcompensate for the BM-driven breakup. I think perhaps they should have waited a few more episodes to do it because I'm sure we're going to get whiplash from watching them breakup and then "get married" within the span of an episode. It may be just me but I'm really hoping this is just a wee part of episode arc because while I love O/F, I need a little breather from the angst we've had to endure for the past 5 episodes.

I wonder who do they think might enjoy this episode? Shippers will feel mocked and non-shippers will cry about the show being forever ruined. Unless they do it well, but I'm skeptic. Giving this episode to the newbies may also be some kind of safenet, it's the first episode after a hiatus and there's a chance that ratings will go down. Maybe they hope the episode will be forgotten.

• Love 1

The idea of the fake wedding doesn't seem so terrible to me after watching 4x15 and that lame break up scene. I require real pain here and Oliver saying his vows is perfect for that, especially since he isn't the type to pour his feelings out without a little nudge, LOL.

• Love 10

The idea of the fake wedding doesn't seem so terrible to me after watching 4x15 and that lame break up scene. I require real pain here and Oliver saying his vows is perfect for that, especially since he isn't the type to pour his feelings out without a little nudge, LOL.

I don't mind it that much yet, with the caveat that the idea of the trap cannot come from Oliver. It's either got to be coming from Felicity or as a reluctant suggestion from a third party with Felicity being the first to say yes. I'd prefer the last. Although, to be honest, I still like my idea about Cupid orchestrating this better.

• Love 4

I'd prefer it to come from a third party as well. Or the two of them coming to the conclusion they have to do it together. I'm not sure I want Felicity suggesting it, I don't want a scenario which will reinforce that she is the evil selfish child who dumped poor Oliver's ass while he was down, who will joyfully suggest "Why not set us as bait?" while Oliver will be sad pandaing his way through his vows.

• Love 4

I don't mind it that much yet, with the caveat that the idea of the trap cannot come from Oliver. It's either got to be coming from Felicity or as a reluctant suggestion from a third party with Felicity being the first to say yes. I'd prefer the last. Although, to be honest, I still like my idea about Cupid orchestrating this better.

I don't know about this..if I had to take a guess I'd say it's going to come from Felicity because she proved last year she is very capable of ignoring her broken heart and focusing on the mission. I don't see it coming from one of their friends because they were going to get married for real..this isn't just the situation in which two friends have to pose as an engaged couple, they were one. It would be the most cringeworthy suggestion in history. I could see someone saying "we need someone to pose as bait" though and Felicity and Oliver realizing they are the only viable option.

My preference would have been for Cupid drugging them because it's a bit ridiculous they have to go to such lengths to catch her.

• Love 2

I don't mean for someone to come out and say, you guys should totally do this. Just to sort of originate the idea. Like Thea blurting out they have a venue booked, then catching herself and telling them to never mind. That way it gets the ball rolling.

Yesterday I did a post about how since they were filming 4-19 right now it had to mean that 4-20 was done and written since normally they'd be doing preproduction stuff with it as the guide for what they need to do, which meant 4-21 should have been at least in the first draft stage so by the time 4-20 was filming, 4-21 could be in the prep stage.

Well since we know that 4-20 is STILL being written, that kind of says they are behind schedule. (Which seems common at the end of a season of production).

Makes me wonder if they were so open to a sick day for the whole show to stall for some time as well. Normally when a director is prepping for his upcoming shoot, he has the script, but per that earlier tweet, it seemed that it was far from being done.

I don't mean for someone to come out and say, you guys should totally do this. Just to sort of originate the idea. Like Thea blurting out they have a venue booked, then catching herself and telling them to never mind. That way it gets the ball rolling.

Speaking of venues and wedding planning...what do you think Donna was told for why they broke up? Or Mr Terrific for that matter? Does anyone get to know about the secret kid or does Felicity have to give no reason and have everyone assume he cheated on her?

• Love 1

I don't know that either Curtis or Donna would assume Oliver cheated on Felicity since they've seen the way he is around her. Maybe Donna's mind would go there, since he lost his shine in her eyes after the shooting, but I'm not convinced there either.

I can't say I thought about it. Maybe that things were going too fast? No idea.

• Love 1

Well since we know that 4-20 is STILL being written, that kind of says they are behind schedule. (Which seems common at the end of a season of production).

Is it? The only thing I've seen it's the tweet from Balderrama and that was from 02/17. 

(edited)

Yesterday I did a post about how since they were filming 4-19 right now it had to mean that 4-20 was done and written since normally they'd be doing preproduction stuff with it as the guide for what they need to do, which meant 4-21 should have been at least in the first draft stage so by the time 4-20 was filming, 4-21 could be in the prep stage.

I think your numbers are off

419 - filming (last day)

420 - prepping (starts filming Monday)

421 - written/final draft (production draft turned in on Monday begins prepping)

422 - writing

423 - breaking

This is based off the info that MG provided last year as well the the script title covers which show prep and filming dates.

Arrow writers get 3-4 weeks to write and episode.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Is it? The only thing I've seen it's the tweet from Balderrama and that was from 02/17.

I thought there was something yesterday from the same pair that wrote 3-20 about working on 4-20? Was it an old post?

I think your numbers are off

419 - filming (last day)

420 - prepping (starts filming Monday)

421 - written/final draft (production draft turned in on Monday begins prepping)

422 - writing

423 - breaking

This is based off the info that MG provided last year as well the the script title covers which show prep and filming dates.

Arrow writers get 3-4 weeks to write and episode.

That's the schedule I would have expected except for thinking they were currently posting about still writing 4-20 which yeah, would mean they are really behind.

I am probably just off about how old the tweet was.

I thought there was something yesterday from the same pair that wrote 3-20 about working on 4-20? Was it an old post?

Yeah. The tweet was brought up here yesterday, but it was tweeted on Feb 17.

• Love 2
(edited)

Someone above asked about the source of the rumor that KC was fired from Arrow, as opposed to leaving of her own volition. In response to a tumblr fan asking if it was true that KC "decided to leave" the show or if it was just a rumor, MG had replied: "Total rumor. And a false one, at that." (MG tumblr post, page 31 of Spoilers thread) So if Laurel is the one dying, then KC's departure is not her decision.

Found this on tumblr. According to @blackcanaryPRO on Twitter, Katie had her farewell party on set.

FYI, here's the link to that tweet: https://twitter.com/blackcanaryPRO/status/705380674648330242

Gregory Smith has directed Nanda Parbat last year (I hated it) and Taken this year.  He's also directing Leviathan 1x13 LoT and Marooned, tonight's LoT. Someone (MG?) really loves him.

Gregory was on Everwood, one of Greg Berlanti's past shows.

has he done a lot of directing before Arrow? it's possible he's still learning the ropes..

with that being said you are right he is still far better than Bam-Bam

Gregory Smith's directing credits (per IMDB):
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0808376/#director

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I think that KC's new tactic is to post set photos that she's not in (see newest photo here).  Problem is, coming from someone who loves to post selfies, this is completely suspicious and in no way makes me reconsider that she's in the grave.  Nice try, though.

• Love 1
(edited)

That photo looks like it might be from the Iron Heights set. Didn't Bamford post a picture of the "Attention all Inmates" sign a couple weeks ago?

Edit: Found it. Different sign, same set

Edited by lemotomato

I'm terrible, because my first thought was that the writers/EPs are pissed at all of the negativity that has been directed their way, so they're going to change the manner in which Laurel dies to something that reflects really badly on the character.  Like, maybe she originally died heroically saving her father, and now she's going to zipline to her death or her head will explode while canary screeching.   

Any thoughts on why would they do an additional scene?

Per one of the Paps, they are filming pick up scenes. Short, minor scenes that help flow or fix minor errors. Pick up scenes are apparently quite common.

• Love 3

They needed one of those when Roy was left on the street after being shot by Ray last season.

Anyway....I do wonder if they are tweeking things for the death.  Not that they are changing who died or how, but tossing in a few extra moments to up the emotional impact maybe?

• Love 4

I'm terrible, because my first thought was that the writers/EPs are pissed at all of the negativity that has been directed their way, so they're going to change the manner in which Laurel dies to something that reflects really badly on the character.  Like, maybe she originally died heroically saving her father, and now she's going to zipline to her death or her head will explode while canary screeching.   

I hope not... because I fell like they are gonna get a lot of heat for killing another female character, so I don't want them to do anything controversial out of spite or anger. Plus even if you hate the character, she is one of the major comic book characters on the show - it would not do justice to that comic legacy to make her death non-heroic. I'm not a huge fan of LL, but even I'm disappointed that they need to kill another female character because they lack the ability to write a better exit strategy.

Do we know that the pick-up is about her death scene? I honestly wonder if its not some random scene that is needed for plot exposition.

• Love 7

aditional scene?? but why you do not believe she is in the middle of shooting a big scene of shooting? it is obvious that this is episode 19, in addition yesterday they could not shoot the last scenes

(edited)

Do we know that the pick-up is about her death scene? I honestly wonder if its not some random scene that is needed for plot exposition.

I don't think there's been any specifics as to what the scene is about. Or I've missed it. Edited by bijoux
  • Love 2