Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

So we'll call this a rumor because it is about as vague as you can get, but I was visiting the site that shall not be named and in their spoiler section someone posted about something someone wrote in some OTHER site that said that Felicity is definitely in a wheelchair for a few episodes.  Supposedly the person that made the claim is some dude known to at least periodically visit the set for some reason.  

Here's your salt shaker and the post as I found it, so do with it what you will.  http://www.ksitetv.com/forums/showthread.php?173152-Season-4-Speculation/page41

It's IMO too sketchy to post in the Spoilers Only section but I thought I'd share. 

Sketchy^2, considering the sources. But I think the "get used to it" is directed at the comics purists who are the ones gnashing their teeth in anger because they think Felicity in a wheelchair = ripping off Oracle. 

If the wheelchair becomes a reality (and I think it'll be temporary if it happens) I'm not thrilled they're going to bombard Felicity with so many things to deal with at the same time, but I can imagine the writers explaining this as her "crucible". According to the EPs, you can't get a mask without going through one, and Felicity gets a codename during 411, I think? 

• Love 1

It puts me at ease that Wendy Mericle is writing this episode because she also wrote 409. 

I'm saying this because I feel like there's a reason why Felicity told Oliver this: "Isn’t that the whole point of marriage? To get through the hard times because we are together not in spite of it."

Because Felicity finding out about Oliver's kid will mean that they're going through hard times. But they will weather the storm together. 

And because Wendy wrote 409, it means that she'll be more likely to remember said line Felicity said to Oliver and not screw the whole thing up even more. 

• Love 13

I think a soft break up could be really empowering, something along the lines of not letting Oliver being an idiot ruin the future she chose.  Let her be mad, let Oliver know he is in trouble and needs to make changes and reparations but let him know that no, she's not going anywhere.   

• Love 10

Eh I'm in a bad mood. Let Oliver suffer for a while and think he screwed up his future by having Felicity move out and be mad at him for longer than a week. Shoot let them only get back together in season 5.

I'm just mad at him.

• Love 3

Eh I'm in a bad mood. Let Oliver suffer for a while and think he screwed up his future by having Felicity move out and be mad at him for longer than a week. Shoot let them only get back together in season 5.

I'm just mad at him.

I'm mad too, but I can't help remember season three and how awful it was when Felicity and Oliver were at odds.  I'd rather Oliver get off lightly than root for the show to punish ME for his stupidity.   

• Love 21

The thought of Felicity being in a wheelchair pisses me off so much though. Oliver gets stabbed through the chest and pushed off a mountain and survives just fine with some tea. Felicity gets shot and deals with the consequences forever? Naw, son. I don't wike it.

I think the reason why I want real repercussions for Oliver is because I'm tired of this old song and dance. He lies every season. He feels the repercussions every season but then doesn't learn from them. The writers seem to be treating this as NOT Oliver's inability to tell the truth when a secret soothes his personal circumstance.

And I'm tired.

And yes, season 3 was terribad because the angst seemed like it could be solved with a 20 minute heart to heart. I just want this to hit him over the head for a final time. When will it end?

The thought of Felicity being in a wheelchair pisses me off so much though. Oliver gets stabbed through the chest and pushed off a mountain and survives just fine with some tea. Felicity gets shot and deals with the consequences forever? Naw, son. I don't wike it.

Felicity getting the short end of this on going stick sucks SO bad.

• Love 3

I don't like it either but Felicitys not a Superhero remember? SMH that pisses me off so much

I think the reason why I want real repercussions for Oliver is because I'm tired of this old song and dance. He lies every season. He feels the repercussions every season but then doesn't learn from them. The writers seem to be treating this as NOT Oliver's inability to tell the truth when a secret soothes his personal circumstance.

And I'm tired.

And yes, season 3 was terribad because the angst seemed like it could be solved with a 20 minute heart to heart. I just want this to hit him over the head for a final time. When will it end?

Felicity getting the short end of this on going stick sucks SO bad.

It does im wanting the writers to get roasted over the coals if they put in A wheelchair PLUS the eventual fallout from learning that Oliver AND someone else close to her kept him having a son from her PLUS her father coming back. It's too much and UGH too dark

Making your fiance sleep on the couch for a few days is something you do when he leaves his wet towel on the bed.  Not what you do when he lies to your face about the existence of his secret child.  Felicity needs to dump him, hard, or she will be a total doormat/Laurel back when she knew Ollie was screwing every female with a pulse and still wanted to marry him.  

I suspect for me it will be like the scene in 2x02 when Oliver forced Felicity to be his EA.  I haven't really forgiven him for that, nor am I happy that she let it happen (even if she did crap on him for it first), but I mostly try to ignore it because I find it troubling in every respect.  Likewise, her immediate agreement to run away with him in 3x23, after everything he'd put her through.  Mostly, I just want the dumb plotty plot contrivances to go away and leave me with a happy, united Felicity and Oliver.  So I vote for whatever is the least painful way to get there (which, if it involves some yelling from Felicity, some panic from Oliver and ultimately Felicity accepting that loving a dumbass whose default setting is to lie and/or give up and run away will result in sometimes having to deal with his rank stupidity and abysmal relationship skills, is fine by me), so we can forget this happened and hopefully never, ever revisit this behaviour again.

• Love 11

I'm so tired of this storyline, I just want it to be over. Yuck.

My ideal scenario at this point is zero mention of any of this at all -- and no visiting BM and kid whatsoever for Oliver -- until whoever finds out and ~supports Oliver. And I'm with whoever said it would be cool if Malcolm was the one to find out, because our resident sociopath telling Oliver that he really should do whatever it takes for a ~blood heir~ would just lampshade the idiocy behind the lying.

And while I would like Felicity to dump Oliver*, I'm also painfully aware that this show sucks balls when O/F are fighting, and that these writers' idea of relationship angst is the opposite of interesting, so if Felicity needs to be magnanimously forgiving for this whole crapload of BS to be OVER ALREADY OH MY GOD, I'll probably take it?

Because if there's one character in the universe that can do magnanimously forgiving in a convincing way, it's Felicity.

* In my head this is funny as fuck. A montage of Oliver wandering around all #foreveralone [bonus if it starts raining], while Felicity is holding The Voice-like auditions to a new Green Arrow. Rotating chairs and everything. Diggle and Thea are the other two judges.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 12

I'm not sure where to put this question so it's going here to be safe.

With TNT's Titans seemingly DOA, would that free Oracle up for Arrow? Is so, would they really approve of using the moniker (Oracle) without the name (Barbara Gordan)? They gave Sara the Canary name, so I was thinking it was possible. However, I knew more of Oracle than GA or BC prior to Smallville/Arrow. Where does Oracle rank the alphabet of comic characters? A,B,C or D?

I'm more pissed over the wheelchair than the BM drama. Because the wheelchair to me is being done just so there can be this huge plotty plot plot. Or look how cool we can rip off another Comic Character that we can't secure the rights too. But I think its a little bullshit that everybody else gets shot at in the field all the time and never sustains a serious injury. FS gets shot at and all of the sudden she needs to be wheelchair bound even if its temporary. It would have been more realistic if OQ had sustained a gun shot injury as well or something. At least then the injuries would have been mutual. Now it's just one more reason FS is proven to be less than superhero. It's a forced physical crucible when nobody else on the show ever faces physical consequences for their actions beyond 1 episode. And it wasn't even anything she could control... she was riding in a limo. To me that just seems a little cruel just to get a plot. Perhaps if there were more injuries I wouldn't be as bothered, but usually it's only a few flesh wounds.

As for OQ keeping a secret, I have made my peace with it. It still a shitty thing he did and I want FS to lay into him over it. And he deserves some punishment for it. And the show needs to acknowledge that it was not the best way to handle the situation.  But I almost expect something like this from him every season. People like him who were raised and/or trained to have a casual relationship with the truth, do not readily change their ways. It doesn't matter how much they love someone, their brains are hard wired to twist and withhold without a second thought. And what is worse, they often find themselves then finding ways to make it seem like withholding or twisting words was the only or the best option for the optimum outcome. It's strategy & tactical thinking at its best & worst.

It stinks that OQ was hard wired this way, but its going to take more than a few months of a happy, healthy relationship to break well-established habits. Maybe a few years with FS, might rewire his brain - but it's only been like 6 months. So its contrived drama because of the overly dramatic ultimatum and yet his behavior is within his natural character's ebb & flow.

• Love 3

I'm not sure where to put this question so it's going here to be safe.

With TNT's Titans seemingly DOA, would that free Oracle up for Arrow? Is so, would they really approve of using the moniker (Oracle) without the name (Barbara Gordan)? They gave Sara the Canary name, so I was thinking it was possible. However, I knew more of Oracle than GA or BC prior to Smallville/Arrow. Where does Oracle rank the alphabet of comic characters? A,B,C or D?

She's a pretty big character. There are rumors that Oracle might be in BvS or future DCU movies. I'm thinking that the nix had more to do with the movies. They already said no to Oracle before the TNT show was even rumored. Probably another Ted Kord situtaion.

FWIW, technically they can get away with saying they're not doing Oracle AT ALL, because The Calculator's daughter in the comics, Wendy Harris, is in a wheelchair.

I thought that that was what they were doing this whole time. Darker hair. MIT grad, computer wiz, evil father. The only thing that doesn't match up is the codename "Proxy," since it doesn't have an "A" in it. I can't wait to see what her actual codename is going to be because I feel like that's what's bringing out like 30% of these Oracle theories.

• Love 2

My ideal scenario at this point is zero mention of any of this at all -- and no visiting BM and kid whatsoever for Oliver -- until whoever finds out and ~supports Oliver. And I'm with whoever said it would be cool if Malcolm was the one to find out, because our resident sociopath telling Oliver that he really should do whatever it takes for a ~blood heir~ would just lampshade the idiocy behind the lying.

Oh my God. That's sort of brilliant. Although I'm placing my bets on Donna. And if it is a genuine good person who finds out, I assume they would be understanding of Oliver, not encouraging him to go on lying. More, I get where you're coming from, rather than going, Rah, rah, go on wih the lying. Following up on that, not presenting whatever Felicity's feelings end up being ass wrong to her or anyone else, just giving another perspective on Oliver's actions.

While on the subject, I'm betting he gets made the first time he tries to visit William after the crossover. There have been no reports of him and the mother shooting if I'm not mistaken.

• Love 2

BM/Spawn don't have to shoot for him to visit them.  Oliver just has to make a weird excuse for where he's been/is going while looking shifty.  (If he visits them he's SO DUMB, because he's famous and very noticeable, but this show had Malcolm in a suit in the middle of SC not being noticed, so whatevs.)

She's a pretty big character. There are rumors that Oracle might be in BvS or future DCU movies. I'm thinking that the nix had more to do with the movies. They already said no to Oracle before the TNT show was even rumored. Probably another Ted Kord situtaion.

DC originally gave Arrow the go ahead to use Oracle as the title for 305 in the summer of 2014 and it was announced at SDCC 2014 that Oracle was the title of The Felicity Smoak episode. However, in August 2014, Arrow announced the title change for 305 from Oracle to Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak. Titans was announced as in development for TNT in September 2014.

Seems most likely that DC pulled Oracle away from Arrow to give it to Titans/Blackbirds, not the movies since there's no indication that Barbara Gordon is in BvsS. I believe the character that was rumored to be Barbara Gordon was recently revealed to be another character.

They may keep Oracle for a future TV movie or maybe not. They can do BoP with Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, not Oracle since that's her current role in comics.

FWIW, technically they can get away with saying they're not doing Oracle AT ALL, because The Calculator's daughter in the comics, Wendy Harris, is in a wheelchair.

Is she? I couldn't find much on the character just that she and her brother were caretakers for the Teen Titans headquarters (or something like that)

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

I thought that that was what they were doing this whole time. Darker hair. MIT grad, computer wiz, evil father. The only thing that doesn't match up is the codename "Proxy," since it doesn't have an "A" in it. I can't wait to see what her actual codename is going to be because I feel like that's what's bringing out like 30% of these Oracle theories.

If they wanna make it like Smallville, in which Watchtower is both the building and the person, they can go with Firewall. Which is what Babs and Wendy called their ~secret lair after Dick was a dick and kicked them out of the Batcave.

• Love 6

Although I'm placing my bets on Donna. And if it is a genuine good person who finds out, I assume they would be understanding of Oliver, not encouraging him to go on lying. More, I get where you're coming from, rather than going, Rah, rah, go on wih the lying. Following up on that, not presenting whatever Felicity's feelings end up being ass wrong to her or anyone else, just giving another perspective on Oliver's actions.

While on the subject, I'm betting he gets made the first time he tries to visit William after the crossover. There have been no reports of him and the mother shooting if I'm not mistaken.

Yep, I'm betting that's what's going to happen too. I think that Donna will find out 413 and have another heart-to-heart with Oliver while Felicity's having her thing with her father. Then in 414 she'll try to convince him to tell Felicity about the kid.

I'm kind of wondering where he'll even get time to make/have a visit. Like you said, we've heard no reports of them coming back (but, hey they could be filming in a closed location), but I wouldn't even know how they would fit that into the story. Most logical case in my mind is that he'll just plan a trip and that's when everything goes downhill.

• Love 1

Did some digging and Wendy ends up paralyzed from the waist down because of a demonic wonder dog attack?!

Just reading the wiki it sounds very paint by the number from DC. Hey we want a replacement Oracle for Stephanie Brown's Batgirl, I know let's paralyze someone so then can be the "new teen Oracle".

I'm kind of wondering where he'll even get time to make/have a visit. Like you said, we've heard no reports of them coming back (but, hey they could be filming in a closed location), but I wouldn't even know how they would fit that into the story.

They don't have to film.

Felicity: Hey Oliver, where've you been all day?  

Oliver: [looking shifty] I had to go to Central City for mayoral stuff.  [Or to discuss Zoom strategy with Barry.  Or I had a lot of campaign stuff to catch up on so I holed up in my office all day.

And we know he was visiting them.

• Love 1

Did some digging and Wendy ends up paralyzed from the waist down because of a demonic wonder dog attack?!

Well, now I definitely don't want Felicity paralyzed after a lame shooting. If anyone ends up in a wheelchair, it better be because of a demonic wonder dog. Just typing that brings a smile to my face.

• Love 4

I think Nyssa coming back for a few episodes makes her a candidate for the grave if the "him" is Malcolm. She has been a prominent character in the past. She has helped the Team take down 2 big bads so they would feel sad. It ties up the threads of her "marriage" to Oliver and her relationship w Sarah. Frees them up for other relationships.
Malcolm is supposed to go dark late 4B so this could begin the set up of him as big bad again for S5.

I may be wrong but I think I read Nyssa is killed by LOA in comics. Dark Archer is Green Arrow's nemesis in comics. Remember the original premise was that this show would go 5 seasons.. Their original storyline may still be on track with some modifications such as who the love interest is, not Connor Hawke, etc.

Why random grave in Starling?  It could happen in Starling and/or simply that Laurel would want to bury her friend.   Wasn't there just one flower spray?

Why would Oliver shed a tear?  Mr. emotional gets attached to people quickly.  Another loss?

Barry?  I think Barry's primary purpose in the scene is to provide support for Oliver (not to mention giving him someone to voice his thoughts to.).

If it's a regular I still think it's Quentin but as I read other opinions and the potential story from deaths it all sounds like repeats.  I know they like to recycle but I also thought they might like to tie up some loose ends as well as giving fans something to talk about most of the season.  What about Nyssa & Sara?  Will she be joining her on LOT?  Is Oliver's marriage to Nyssa real?

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1

I'm kind of wondering where he'll even get time to make/have a visit. Like you said, we've heard no reports of them coming back (but, hey they could be filming in a closed location), but I wouldn't even know how they would fit that into the story. Most logical case in my mind is that he'll just plan a trip and that's when everything goes downhill.

Oliver's not only the president of the Ginormous Idiot Club, he's also a member. But if they have him take a leisurely visit to see his seekrit kid who is seekrit because his mother was worried about getting him involved in Oliver's terrible world right after the head of an evil organization put a hit out on Oliver for speaking out against him publicly, then maybe he really doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.

• Love 10

DC originally gave Arrow the go ahead to use Oracle as the title for 305 in the summer of 2014 and it was announced at SDCC 2014 that Oracle was the title of The Felicity Smoak episode. However, in August 2014, Arrow announced the title change for 305 from Oracle to Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak. Titans was announced as in development for TNT in September 2014.

Seems most likely that DC pulled Oracle away from Arrow to give it to Titans/Blackbirds, not the movies since there's no indication that Barbara Gordon is in BvsS.

Honestly I assumed that, since around Comic Con they were just breaking 305, that they just announced the plot and title to get a rise from the audience. DC got word of it and shut that down immediately to keep Oracle for Titans or BvS, forcing them to change the name to TSOoFS (which I have to admit actually grew a lot on me).

I'm just saying that since DR admitted that in the original plan, he was supposed to be John Stewart Diggle and Felicity was supposed to be Oracle, and just down the line DC changed their minds. S3 seemed to do that a lot for the writers (the John Stewart reference at the wedding was taken out, Oracle name was changed, a character break-down of Ted Kord had to be switched to Ray Palmer).

I just think that the writers sometimes get too excited about who they can use before actually checking out if they can use them, but they are quick to bounce back with the next best thing they can find.

• Love 1

Just reading the wiki it sounds very paint by the number from DC. Hey we want a replacement Oracle for Stephanie Brown's Batgirl, I know let's paralyze someone so then can be the "new teen Oracle".

Call the Winchesters! The Hellhounds are out!

Honestly I assumed that, since around Comic Con they were just breaking 305, that they just announced the plot and title to get a rise from the audience. DC got word of it and shut that down immediately to keep Oracle for Titans or BvS, forcing them to change the name to TSOoFS (which I have to admit actually grew a lot on me).

I'm just saying that since DR admitted that in the original plan, he was supposed to be John Stewart Diggle and Felicity was supposed to be Oracle, and just down the line DC changed their minds. S3 seemed to do that a lot for the writers (the John Stewart reference at the wedding was taken out, Oracle name was changed, a character break-down of Ted Kord had to be switched to Ray Palmer).

I just think that the writers sometimes get too excited about who they can use before actually checking out if they can use them, but they are quick to bounce back with the next best thing they can find.

I'm pretty sure they would have already asked permission to use Oracle and presented it to DC/WB before announcing it to SDCC. Especially when Geoff Johns was at SDCC 2014 and that was the big WB DC TV joint panel (that year). I can't imagine them announcing anything at SDCC that wasn't already approved.

At SDCC they announced Ra's Al Ghul, Oracle and Ted Grant, so I'm pretty sure everything at that point was approved. Nothing at SDCC is an accident, the whole point of SDCC is a media push by the network/studio.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

Since Oracle as the original title of The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak has been brought up, what about Ninja as her code name? Shortened for Ninja Hacker Goddess as Cooper's roommate called her.

At SDCC they announced Ra's Al Ghul, Oracle and Ted Grant, so I'm pretty sure everything at that point was approved. Nothing at SDCC is an accident, the whole point of SDCC is a media push by the network/studio.

Agreed. I just wonder why DC would give the go ahead for them to name the episode that and then quickly take permission away only a month later. Something had to be up with that agreement, and I was kind of surprised how the cast, even EBR, seemed surprised at the announcement of the episode.

Now I'm picturing them saying Ninja over the coms. That could be hilarious.

Honestly, I wanted it too, but, alas, no "a." I kind of hope at this point Diggle gives her the name just to balance out with Spartan.

Overlord is so perfect. Oh well. Diggle better be involved. We're due from some Diggle/Felicity. They can't keep coasting on their S01/S02 relationship.

• Love 4

Agreed. I just wonder why DC would give the go ahead for them to name the episode that and then quickly take permission away only a month later. Something had to be up with that agreement, and I was kind of surprised how the cast, even EBR, seemed surprised at the announcement of the episode.

It goes something like this:

DC: "Hey, Arrow, here, we got you the paperwork to use Oracle for Felicity."

Arrow: "YAY!"

Some time later...

TNT: "DC Comics, we wanna throw you a bucket load of moneys to do a Teen Titans show starring Nightwing and Oracle, but we want exclusive rights!"

DC: "YAY YAY YAY YAY OH YEAH! But oh fuck, we need to warn Arrow. Hey, Arrow? You're screwed."

Arrow: "Being poor sucks."

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 7

Are we sure "Code Of Silence" is from Billie Joel? Didn't he use that one for 4x08? I'm asking because MG always names one ep after a Bruce Springsteen song and he has a song called code of silence

The answer is 'yes' and 'yes'.  

MG's Oct. 29th tumblr post picked "Code of Silence" as the Billy Joel song to represent episode 408.  (source)

However, MG's Dec. 17th tweet that accompanied the pic of the title page for episode 414 ("Code of Silence") also referenced Billy Joel:  "Arrow Ep. 414 is in production. @MericlesHappen @ojbalderrama @JamesBamford #billyjoelsongtitle".  (source)

So, arguably, 414 could be a follow-up to the BM drama that started with the secret-keeping in 408.  Or maybe MG just forgot he used that song title before...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Alright now I'm really curious. When the frack is the flashback episode?

I'm guessing it's still 4x15. The present-day story lines during the FB eps have been pretty boring (except for 1x14), IMO. Bringing Vixen in might be a way to combat that.

I am curious about the VFX budget, though. Arrow's already done the Hawk people, CGI shark and CGI Oliver, Felicity's big SFX scene. Vixen transforming would mean lots of special effects again.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva

From the tvline article:

Fingers crossed she at least offers Laurel (Katie Cassidy) a few tips for mastering that Black Canary bird call without the high-tech help.

Laurel wouldn't have the Cry at all without high-tech help, so... wut?
  • Love 5