Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree on Laurel being a hero when the show started. I know a lot of lawyers personally who help people and to use the word hero to describe them in the same breath as Oliver Queen and his team, who we've seen putting their physical and mental well being at risk time and again for SC, without any desire for praise, is a great disservice. To do so would be to equate every legal aid lawyer out there with heroism and while I think it's a noble and important job, it certainly ain't in the same stratosphere as stopping the Undertaking, bringing down the LOA or fighting Slade's mirakuru soldiers.

Then that gets into the territory of no one who is out on the streets fighting the bad guys as being a hero. It would basically be like saying Felicity isn't a hero because she sits behind the computer. Even if she did stay behind there 100% of the time, she would still be a hero in her own right.

• Love 2

Well... It does sound like this is the episode Felicity finds out...

It's written by Wendy Mericle and Oscar Balderama so it gives me hope that this situation will be handled properly.

Have they teamed up before?

I agree, this is probably where Felicity finds out. I thought about the other person finding out in 414 and then keeping it secret for longer but the problem with that is timing. Assuming 415 is the Flashback episode (which seems likely since it isn't 414) that means Felicity wouldn't find out until 16 at the earliest after a 2 week break.

Of course there's the possibility that Felicity finds in 415 (since we do get some present day scenes) and the episode ends on a breakup/cliffy going into a 2 week break...which would suuuuuckkk!

• Love 2

I find it hard to believe Felicity would find out and not challenge Oliver immediately, especially with how she asked him about his almost proposal. So if she finds out in 414, there's gonna be a confrontation about it in 414.

I think I've reached the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ stage of this whole thing tbh. I still hate the lying because it's so contrived. I'm bummed this is the only way they could think of to create angst between Olicity but whatever. My only hope is that Felicity doesn't come out of it looking bad but I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point. 

Edited by Guest

Then that gets into the territory of no one who is out on the streets fighting the bad guys as being a hero. It would basically be like saying Felicity isn't a hero because she sits behind the computer. Even if she did stay behind there 100% of the time, she would still be a hero in her own right.

Can you guys please take every part of this conversation over to the Laurel thread? I'm begging. 

• Love 11

I'm also guessing this might be the episode where flashback love interest whatshername finds out Oliver killed her brother in flashbacks but who even cares about that? LMAO.

Can you guys please take every part of this conversation over to the Laurel thread? I'm begging. 

THIS. Please!

Edited by Guest

I can't stop thinking that it'll be Mama Smoak who finds out and maybe she kept some things from Felicity about her father and that's why she agrees or something. Ugh. 

I think it's going to be a soft break-up. Something along the lines of 'I love you, but I'm hurt and I just need some time away from us.'

Why is Malcolm still there? I'm honestly not interested in anything LOA. Sorry Nyssa.

• Love 3

I find it hard to believe Felicity would find out and not challenge Oliver immediately, especially with how she asked him about his almost proposal. So if she finds out in 414, there's gonna be a confrontation about it in 414.

I think I've reached the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ stage of this whole thing tbh. I still hate the lying because it's so contrived. I'm bummed this is the only way they could think of to create angst between Olicity but whatever. My only hope is that Felicity doesn't come out of it looking bad but I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point. 

The only way it would make sense for Felicity not to confront Oliver in the same episode in which she finds out is if she finds out at the very end of the episode.

And I'm also on the eh train about this whole thing currently. Yeah, maybe they'll break up, maybe they won't. Right now it's like, whatevs, ride your contrivance horse out of town and tell me when we can get back to normal. Not really the reaction I think the writers were going for.

• Love 14

There's a flashback love interest? What's her name?

Taiana.

I agree that Felicity would be the type to confront Oliver about it immediately, but who knows with this plot. Now, I'm getting a feeling that she might confront him in 415, if it is indeed the flashback episode. Then, the writers can do a parallel between Felicity and Poppy confronting Oliver on the secrets that he's kept from each of them.

I think it's going to be a soft break-up. Something along the lines of 'I love you, but I'm hurt and I just need some time away from us.'

That's what I'm currently thinking too.

• Love 1

"Code of Silence" sounds more ominous to me than "Sins of the Father". How do we know that "CoS" is not the flashback heavy episode? It sounds like it could be. Perhaps the only present day stuff is the big fight between QL/LL and I assume the Ghosts/DD.

As for WM & Balderrama writing it, I'm not sure I trust WM to not take the story to a worse place. She's written some pretty awful FS over the years. But I guess I will have to put my trust in Balderrama.

I agree with most, I also see FS confronting OQ about the secret as soon as possible, unless of course the reveal comes in the last few secs of the episode, but I think that will happen in "SoF". Which means that "Code of Silence" will start the fallout process, the soft-break & someone coming to OQ's defense. It would also make sense that if this is the major FB episode we get Poppy's reaction to OQ's secret keeping in the same episode as FS's reaction. There is the forced parallel. Plus if there are limited present day scenes, realistically they can draw this BM drama out another episode because they just won't have time to cover it in the present day.

Edited by kismet

Time in what way? Like leaving town for a few days or moving out of the loft?

Moving out of the loft. Normally I would say he should out of respect to her, but I want her to relocate to the Diggle's for a little while (I want my Diggle/Felicity scenes damn it!).

• Love 6

Moving out of the loft. Normally I would say he should out of respect to her, but I want her to relocate to the Diggle's for a little while (I want my Diggle/Felicity scenes damn it!).

Want.

• Love 1

They were doing so well with this season and now I'm dreading the next batch of episodes. I wanna know when this BM bullshit will be over so I can fast forward to the stuff I actually care about. I hope they don't drag it out for too long.

• Love 4

I just feel sorry for Felicity. She's seriously injured, the effects of which we don't 100% know yet but there's the possibility that she'll be in a wheelchair so her life will be changed forever (I don't see them making it permanent but Felicity wouldn't know that). Then she meets her dad again and he's a villain making her friend do bad things. Then she finds out the man she agreed to marry is lying to her about having a child. And this is after she was worried about losing herself in him but she jumped all in because she loves him so much.

So much for a lighter season and no more crying. LOL. This show.

My spec: DD plays video at the party, whether it's an engagement party or a mayoral thing, of Oliver hanging with the spawn.  They get any shots of him so much as touching BM's arm or kissing her on the cheek and everyone will think he's hooking up with her and it's a whole second family situation.  Kill his mayoral campaign, break Felicity's heart, and parallel the public proposal.  Plus that would get BM and spawn off the show, as they'd have to go into some kind of witness protection.

What makes me ragey is when She finds out and rightfully berates Oliver for not trusting her the cries of "that Bitch how dare she do that he don't deserve that non sense will occur" I'm getting so sick of Oliver getting a pass and it being conveniently forgotten how much crap Oliver put her through last year. I've seen someone act like her one lie about helping the team behind his back is worse than this BM bullshit. And like she constantly lies when she doesn't

• Love 2

This had me some sort of way:

This belongs to Amusementforme

"just imagine, when Felicity finds out about William, and she would get mad and tell Oliver that maybe they need to take a break and Oliver would be all like..."

tumblr_inline_nzj0krSi4X1qiq5w9_540.png

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 2

I thought the tradition was for MG to use a Springsteen song as the title for the 22nd episode of each season

I was going to edit my post because i just remembered that is normally later in the season, thank you.

Best that way, Bruce's lyrics from CoS aren't very encouraging 

• Love 1

It angers me that Oliver puts this Woman above his girlfriend who he's never lied too until now when this Woman deserves none of it when she lied to him for nine years. And that these fuckhead writers think it's a good idea for someone else to find out and encourage him to keep it from Felicity. I'm getting ragey cause when it comes out Felicity will have every right to be pissed he couldn't trust her enough to keep quiet and she will get hate when she shouldn't cause apparently Oliver can't get blame. He can keep things from her but she keeps a harmless fib like helping TA while her and Oliver were away for five months and it's so horrible SMH. I bet it will be Laurel Diggle or Mama Smoak cause the writers suck

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 2

Can we maybe not call women bitches? I don't like Samantha either but there's a line.

Plus I get so much more enjoyment out of not so secretly seeing her referred to as a turd in every post.  Long live the BM! 

• Love 1

So we'll call this a rumor because it is about as vague as you can get, but I was visiting the site that shall not be named and in their spoiler section someone posted about something someone wrote in some OTHER site that said that Felicity is definitely in a wheelchair for a few episodes.  Supposedly the person that made the claim is some dude known to at least periodically visit the set for some reason.  

Here's your salt shaker and the post as I found it, so do with it what you will.  http://www.ksitetv.com/forums/showthread.php?173152-Season-4-Speculation/page41

I have found the following comment/spoiler on another message board:

She (Felicity) IS in a wheelchair.

They have already filmed several episodes with her in it.
Get used to it.

The post was written by a guy who often visits the Arrow set in Vancouver and occasionally talks to some of the cast-members. He knows his stuff. Maybe the Arrow writers will make Felicity 'Oracle' after all...

It's IMO too sketchy to post in the Spoilers Only section but I thought I'd share. 

It's IMO too sketchy to post in the Spoilers Only section but I thought I'd share. 

I saw that comment on the IMDB board (which I go to for laughs :p)... So I doubt it. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

If Felicity is in a wheelchair and this nonsense with Oliver whammies her along with her daddy storyline...it'll be a tough second half of season 4 for me. Felicity deserves so much better than this Oliver.

I'm waiting to see what happens but things don't look fantastic.

• Love 2

I'm going to be optimistic and look forward to seeing Strong Felicity.  I absolutely hated her Ray arc last season and 3x19 will always live in the Hall of Shame for me but this season she's strong, she's had Oliver love her completely for 9 months and she's going to kick ass even in a wheelchair. I believe.

I got into a major disagreement with someone on the TVLine site who wouldn't give up that only people wearing masks and fighting on the streets can be superheroes.  So right now I'm ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  about the definitions.

I think it's going to be a soft break-up. Something along the lines of 'I love you, but I'm hurt and I just need some time away from us.'

I think so too.  Something they can fix by 4x20 after who ever is in the grave gets put there.

• Love 3