Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

That would make Felicity the betrayal?

I thought the betrayal spoilers was from way back before the season 4 premiere? And it turned out to be Lance partnering with Darhk, in secret? Do we have more betrayal coming up? Maybe it's Malcolm (again) since he now knows that Darhk may be/lead to the cure to Thea's bloodlust. He could try to team up with Darhk, give up Green Arrow and his cohorts (not including Thea), or join/find out what Darhk/H.I.V.E. is planning. His actions/attempts to figure out how Darhk does his magic could be the reason Darhk finds out Oliver is GA and leads to Felicity (or Diggle or both) getting hurt in the mid-season finale, too. That will, at least, link Malcolm to the Darhk/H.I.V.E. plots more 'cause I honestly don't know what else JB is supposed to be doing as Malcolm this season.

So, what's the over-under on Hawkgirl's motivation to join the rag-tag team over on LoT. The Vandal Savage threat? Nah. Put me down for existential crisis for $50, please!

I could see them injuring both Felicity and Diggle simply because they're highlighting how much Oliver has come to depend on the two of them, how much they've become his family. Even though we're not seeing as much OTA as we used to, there are still scenes with the three of them that feel like they're the heart of everything. Like in 406 and in 407, O/F/D were just talking things out. That's who Oliver relies on and talks to the most. So removing his support network might result in Oliver going on a rampage in 410.

Aha great minds lol.

So I guess people can relax about Felicity not being in 411

https://twitter.com/TheEricGoldman/status/667240163827838976

EBR flew back Wednesday and filmed Wednesday night as well as did an interview with IGN. 

I thought the betrayal spoilers was from way back before the season 4 premiere? And it turned out to be Lance partnering with Darhk, in secret? Do we have more betrayal coming up?

I know the talk of betrayal pre S4 was about Lance but I could have sworn there was a more recent interview where they talked about an upcoming Betrayal.  Maybe I got confused.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I don't know why people were concerned about EBR not filming. It looks like SA was filming flashbacks and future-LOT on Monday/Tuesday. 

The only betrayal talk I remember is Laurel finding out Lance was woking for DD. I think that was the word used. 

This is the only spoiler I could find that mentions betrayal (but I could've missed something)...

-- This will be a big year for the BC, who, at the start of the season, embraces her vigilante identity and proves a capable member of the team, as well as mentor to Thea. But with her sister Sara’s impending resurrection via the Lazarus Pit - the core focus of episode three, titled “Restoration” - Laurel has a lot on her plate. To make matters worse, she may have to deal with another unforeseen betrayal from a family member. WM: “The overarching theme of the season is about chosen family versus blood family... and she’s really going to be dealing with Sara coming back but also with the family on the team.” (ETonline article, page 22 of Spoilers thread)

How would Quentin working with DD be a betrayal at the point she finds out, though? He's already switched to being a mole for Team Arrow. Unless this is all some kind of a put-on and he's still working with Darhk, deliberately giving them misinformation to lure them to wherever Darhk wants them. But that *really* wouldn't make sense. 

She's going to get angry at him, and *I'm* going to get angry about that, haha.

It still doesn't make sense that no one has told Laurel that she's being followed and it probably won't come up either. It's an entire subplot they'll skip.

It's even worse when you realize Laurel is being followed and doesn't notice it herself.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 12

It still doesn't make sense that no one has told Laurel that she's being followed and it probably won't come up either. It's an entire subplot they'll skip.

I agree but also understand keeping it a secret. She does incredibly dumb shit whenever she's given any kind of information 99.9% of the time.

• Love 12

I honestly can't decide if it's intentional or not that the narrative considers Laurel and Thea mere hired muscle -- while Oliver, Felicity, and Diggle do all of the planning, and strategizing and hashing out of differences about the mission amongst themselves.

I mean, I love it because ugh, Laurel, but I can't tell if this is how the writers mean it.

• Love 13

Last night all I could think was I wish They had soneone baby sit Baby Sara so that Lyla could help recover Andy.

I wish I could underline this post. They could have showed Sara in a playpen at the Lair with Felicity and Lyla beside Diggle in the field.

• Love 3
How would Quentin working with DD be a betrayal at the point she finds out, though? He's already switched to being a mole for Team Arrow. Unless this is all some kind of a put-on and he's still working with Darhk, deliberately giving them misinformation to lure them to wherever Darhk wants them. But that *really* wouldn't make sense.

I was obviously confused about what I read since I can't find it again.  However, the impression i remember from that interview/spoiler wasn't that Lance was the betrayal AGAIN.  It was more like, Laurel is going to have to deal with finding out about Lance working for Darhk and there's ANOTHER, totally unrelated to Lance betrayal coming up that the team as a whole will have to face.

However, obviously, since I can't find it again, I must have gotten it confused with something else.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I don't remember reading anything about a betrayal not related to Lance. Although I suppose I wouldn't take Oliver's campaign manager (what is his name?) betraying them off the table. It just seems like, with his relationship with Thea, that it'd be a little too repetitive after last year and the DJ guy.

Edited by Starfish35

I was obviously confused about what I read since I can't find it again.  However, the impression i remember from that interview/spoiler wasn't that Lance was the betrayal AGAIN.  It was more like, Laurel is going to have to deal with finding out about Lance working for Darhk and there's ANOTHER, totally unrelated to Lance betrayal coming up that the team as a whole will have to face.

However, obviously, since I can't find it again, I must have gotten it confused with something else.

Oh, I wasn't questioning you! I was just commenting more on tv echo's post, wondering how what Lance is doing now could be considered a betrayal to Laurel, since he's allegedly working for Team Arrow at this point.

Oh. Okay. Now I remember the betrayal stuff. That was a spoiler from before the season started when we had no idea Quentin was going to be working with DD. So my guess is the betrayal was Lance, even though we know he's being a double agent now. He wasn't always.

And maybe Laurel will feel betrayed that no one told her anything yet again. I mean, she did have a big cry baby meltdown about not being respected in 405. 

Edited by Guest

She also looks fine. No visible bodily harm.

Well, it's 4-11.  Injuries from one episode rarely survive on this show into the next scene let alone the next episode.  All the bad stuff could still have happened in 4-10.  Maybe 4-10 will pick up immediately after 4-9 (give or take a day) meaning they might have a time jump between 4-10 and 4-11

But first, there’s the upcoming midseason finale, which Berlanti suspects “people are gonna be mad” about for how it leaves things. “You’ll definitely get a cliffhanger about who it could end up being in that grave from the [flash-forward scene in the] season premiere.”

WE'VE BEEN ONTO YOU FOR WEEKS, FOOL

• Love 17

They're totally gonna make it seem like Felicity dies in 409 and we'll have to listen to comic canon basement cheers of happiness for like 4 weeks. LMAO. 

Edited by Guest

Yeah, that pretty much confirms that Felicity is gonna get hurt and we can worry all hiatus that it's her in the grave.  Coma for 3 months and then dead.

I do like the matching his and hers deaths from s3 and 4.

Last night all I could think was, I wish they had someone babysit little Sara so Lyla could help recover Andy.

They have a nanny.  Finding a babysitter shouldn't be a problem.  Stupid plotting.  Or rather stupid disregard for someone not in a mask.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

Yeah, that pretty much confirms that Felicity is gonna get hurt and we can worry all hiatus that it's her in the grave.  Coma for 3 months and then dead.

I do like the matching his and hers deaths from s3 and 4.

PARALLELS! PARALLEL STAB WOUNDS! 

Twitter is speculating that Felicity's going to get drowned because there was so much emphasis on the bay.

Damien is using that bay for something and if it isn't a giant Lazarus Pit I'm gonna be really disappointed.

If she gets stabbed, it's like a Welcome to the Queen Family!

Here's your commemorative sword!

• Love 3
You’ll definitely get a cliffhanger about who it could end up being in that grave from the [flash-forward scene in the] season premiere.

How does that work?  We're supposed to believe that someone is injured in the December cliffhanger and then dies in April?  Confused.  

I'm all for them making it seem like Felicity is the death, though.  Then we can look forward to bathing in the tears of those whose dreams are crushed when they realize it was all misdirection. 

• Love 7

How does that work?  We're supposed to believe that someone is injured in the December cliffhanger and then dies in April?  Confused.  

Yeah, I'm not sure how they're expecting that to pass with the audience, although I'm sure it will for some people. 

I'm not sure what will happen to Felicity because Damien simply sucking the life out of her is a little boring now and to not actually kill her outright he would have to be interrupted, which means she wouldn't be that injured anyway. So I'm expecting something bloody. Or maybe a car crash. 

Could 4x09 be another flash forward? Because how are they going to make us believe that Felicity is critically injured if we know she's been filming episodes after 4x09?

They aren't trying to convince us—message board posters who follow spoilers—that Felicity's in the grave, they're trying to convince the general audience. Although I still don't get how they'd buy it given the show explicitly told us the death happens in 6 months' (4-5 months' now) time. 

• Love 1

They said months before the season 2 finale that people would be happy or really annoyed by the direction the show went and that was in relation to the not-real real ILY.

What could happen that would make me annoyed THIS time around?

WE'VE BEEN ONTO YOU FOR WEEKS, FOOL

I don't understand how any television viewer could actually think they're killing off Felicity.  I get that some people WANT them to kill her off, but how could anyone possibly think they actually will?  So ridiculous.

I think I'm going to trick the tricksters and just not watch the episode.  At least not until an hour before 4.10 airs.  I'll still find out what happens, but reading about it will kill any emotional impact, and I HATELOATHEDESPISE cliffhangers.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

I think they're banking on the fact that general audience won't pay attention to the fact that the show usually* follows real time, so if they saw a grave in the premiere, and then see a fatal /something/, they will automatically assume that whoever gets involved in said fatal something is the one who was in that grave. For all they know the show could come back after hiatus with a "3 months later" tag. There were people who thought they really killed Oliver last season.

*Last season they opened 310 following immediately after 309, there was no time gap.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1