Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Not one picture of Mama Smoak? Weird. It's nice to see Felicity out from behind her computer though. Should be fun. Me when I saw Ray though: Ugh, Ray's in this? LMAO.

Those TV Line pics don't inspire a lot of anticipation for "Lost Souls" on my end. I think this is going to be the torch passing scene between Black Canary and her vastly inferior copy, and I am not here for that.

That's exactly what will happen. I predict Sara telling her she's always gonna save the world and she was destined for the mask.

Not one picture of Mama Smoak? Weird. It's nice to see Felicity out from behind her computer though. Should be fun. Me when I saw Ray though: Ugh, Ray's in this? LMAO.

That's exactly what will happen. I predict Sara telling her she's always gonna save the world and she was destined for the mask.

That's obviously all from 1 or 2 days of filming and all from the same scenes (the big fight sequence/rescue).  Donna not being in the pictures isn't surprising she wasn't part of the scene being filmed when the photographer was on set.

Didn't Donna look bruised in some of the photos CR posted?

Bruised or like she had dirt on her face, yeah.

Ah, for some reason I got my shooting dates mixed up and thought the hospital stuff was for 409. So we think something happens then, and Felicity's hospitalized for the duration of the winter hiatus?

I think something happens that will lead us to believe Felicity's dead, then she'll be found and in the hospital in 4x10.

• Love 4

Ah, for some reason I got my shooting dates mixed up and thought the hospital stuff was for 409. So we think something happens then, and Felicity's hospitalized for the duration of the winter hiatus?

My spec has been that Felicity is kidnapped in 409 and it's left on a cliffhanger and then they find her in 410 and she's hospitalized.

Edited by Guest

I have this image in my head of them working on Felicity in the ER. Doctors yelling a lot of 'Stat! Losing Her! Clear!' Camera zooms in on her hand dangling off the bed, bloody ring slips to the floor as camera focuses on the ring 'wise man say only fools rush in (the cover that's on the extra commercial)' plays. She flat lines...fade to black. 

Fade to Grave Flash forward...

I have this image in my head of them working on Felicity in the ER. Doctors yelling a lot of 'Stat! Losing Her! Clear!' Camera zooms in on her hand dangling off the bed, bloody ring slips to the floor as camera focuses on the ring 'wise man say only fools rush in (the cover that's on the extra commercial)' plays. She flat lines...fade to black. 

~*~ MMM WHATCHA SAY ~*~ 

Sorry. I'm an asshole.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 6

Those TV Line pics don't inspire a lot of anticipation for "Lost Souls" on my end. I think this is going to be the torch passing scene between Black Canary and her vastly inferior copy, and I am not here for that.

The problem is the side-by-side pics of Sara and Laurel make Laurel look totally ridiculous.  And I am NOT body-shaming, bc I'd kill for her overall figure, but KC's legs are too thin for her to be a believable non-superpowered heroine.  She needs to work on adding muscle to her legs much more than her upper body.

Plus, Ray.  UGH, forever.  

Fade to Grave Flash forward...

So she dies in December and they bury her four months later?  

• Love 1

I still think it's Laurel or Lance in that grave. If they can redeem Laurel with 405 (and going by the initial review and fan reaction) that's a no; then Lance will end up in the grave. If they can't save LL in the last/latest attempt then she's in the grave.

I'm totally on board with it being Laurel.  I am loathe for another woman to die on this show though, so here's my whacked-out ideal theory.

Laurel does go to some other dimension/place where she won't come back from (q.v. Rose on Dr Who), they have to have a grave for appearance's sake, it's why Oliver is upset but not that upset - he knows that Laurel is alive in another dimension as BC even if he's unlikely to see her again.

I know, totally in left field, but the show has been straying further from reality, and I'd much rather keep PB on the show than KC.

• Love 4

Oh I think they will play this Felicity is the death game but I don't even know if I'm leaning toward kidnapping or car accident.

The problem is the side-by-side pics of Sara and Laurel make Laurel look totally ridiculous. And I am NOT body-shaming, bc I'd kill for her overall figure, but KC's legs are too thin for her to be a believable non-superpowered heroine. She needs to work on adding muscle to her legs much more than her upper body.

Plus, Ray. UGH, forever.

So she dies in December and they bury her four months later?

Kidnapping has more story potential. With a car accident, she's either dead or she isn't.

Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) just found out that Ray (Brandon Routh) is still alive. Viewers know what happened to him because of his upcoming role on Legends of Tomorrow. What will be the most surprising aspect about his story with Felicity on Arrow before he crosses over to Legends?

The most surprising thing for us was that we don't feel like there is any residual tension, romantically, between the two of them. We debated a lot in the writers' room if Felicity and Ray would try and rekindle their romance and that just didn't feel natural. After everything they have both been through, not to mention that she's absolutely 100 percent in love with Oliver, they are in a really good place in their friendship and there are no hard feelings between them.

Thank you, Wendy Mericle.

That's one less thing I have to worry about.

Anyone want to bet that we found out about Curtis being an Olympic athlete (eyeroll) so that he can help Felicity in the rescue next week?

• Love 2

Both are mid season Cliffhanger angst for Oliver that won't last past an episode after the show returns.

Kidnapping has more story potential. With a car accident, she's either dead or she isn't.

Thank you, Wendy Mericle.

That's one less thing I have to worry about.

Anyone want to bet that we found out about Curtis being an Olympic athlete (eyeroll) so that he can help Felicity in the rescue next week?

probably about Holt for Next week but it is in his reference character bio. LOL he is going to be a a major Mary Sue :p

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Terrific_(Michael_Holt)

Edited by tarotx

So, assuming that the latest LL redemption attempt has failed (which it seems it has), do the very small chances that she's in the grave increase?  Maybe it will depend on the reaction to her in the next episode, in which she seemingly has more action scenes and team-up scenes with Sara and Thea?

• Love 4

Seems to be lots happening in 406. Mama Smoak visits. Felicity being all neurotic about finding Ray and blaming herself. The mission to actually save Ray. Oliver being held by DD (which I'm wondering is part of some kind of distraction plan). Canaries and Speedy out in the field and then something maybe goes wrong because bloodlust! Olicity tension/make-up. And ugh Ray.

So, assuming that the latest LL redemption attempt has failed (which it seems it has), do the very small chances that she's in the grave increase?  Maybe it will depend on the reaction to her in the next episode, in which she seemingly has more action scenes and team-up scenes with Sara and Thea?

I doubt it. People will see the Canaries teaming up with Speedy and will forget how dumb and selfish she was. It's so predictable at this point.

Edited by Guest

Oh man, I really hope so. Ever since they said they weren't sure who was in the grave, I thought they were waiting to see what the audience and critical reaction would be to Laurel this season. If they somehow managed to rehab the character and make her likable, she'd stick around and someone else (aka Quentin) would die. If they couldn't, she'd be gone. And, after last night's episode, Laurel is looking less and less like she's ever going to work on the show. Add to that the fact that Quentin's rehabilitation after last season seems to be going well and it seems more and more likely that Laurel's out.

Also, random side note, but it seems to me like they're sort of using Diggle to see who will stick. Like they paired him with Laurel early on and the response seemed...lukewarm at best. And then they put Digg and Quentin together last night and it was honestly pretty great. I read a review (can't remember which one) that mentioned how Quentin and Diggle were like the grownups in the room (no romantic angst and such) and I really agree. I mean, if you [Laurel] can't even be likable around Diggle, then something's wrong.

• Love 14

Not one picture of Mama Smoak? Weird.

I get why she's not in them but I'm still bummed about her absence from the stills.

Oh, lookie there, Sara's got her wig on. Sara who's bloner than Laurel. What's the explanation for ditching the thing be now?

There's no way Curtis won't know it's Oliver by the end of the episode. He's working with Dig and is present when motor mouth Ray is rescued. Why is he in the suit anyhow, did he crawl into it before they pointed that gun thing at him? I don't think he was in it when he's in tha vase in the promos.

I think the Masks are going to go in for a rescue mission. Oliver is going to separate from Speedy, Sara and the other one to find Ray. IT'S A TRAP!!! They all get captured.

Diggle, Felicity and Curtis go in to save them. I want Diggle/DD/Felicity scenes so bad.

I'm not sure where Mama Smoak will be. Maybe watching Sara? The still with Oliver and Felicity has the ducky on the desk.

• Love 3

I'm looking forward to seeing Oliver/Donna and their dynamic. I think CR is really great actually.

I just know I'm going to laugh at tiny Ray Palmer though. Every time I see him in that vase I burst out laughing. I can't take it seriously.

(edited)

I think the Masks are going to go in for a rescue mission. Oliver is going to separate from Speedy, Sara and the other one to find Ray. IT'S A TRAP!!! They all get captured.

Diggle, Felicity and Curtis go in to save them. I want Diggle/DD/Felicity scenes so bad.

I thought they were all going in together? One of the promos made it sound that way, they were all doing a sign-in check. Of course that could be misleading.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I thought they were all going in together? One of the promos made it sound that way, they were all doing a sign-in check. Of course that could be misleading.

That's my impression as well. Dig telling Oliver Felicity is one of the smartest women on the planet could fall into that. Felicity says she (and Curtis) need to be on site with the blaster (?) and Oliver is against the idea of her exposing herself to DD, but Dig steps in with this to point out if there was another way to do it, Felicity would have figured it out.

All the masks are together at one point because there is a pic of Diggle and Sara, then we have Laurel and Oliver screaming at Sara to stop beating a guy to death, and we've seen the circle shot of Sara, Thea and the other one. The pic of Felicity, Diggle, Curtis and Oliver with Ray seems to be a different time because Dig's in military gear not his stupid half helmet. 

The most surprising thing for us was that we don't feel like there is any residual tension, romantically, between the two of them. We debated a lot in the writers' room if Felicity and Ray would try and rekindle their romance and that just didn't feel natural.

With all due respect to Wendy Mericles, two corrections (imho of course):

1) There was never any romantic  tension, residual or not, between Felicity and Ray

2) Their "romance" never felt natural to start with, actually it was the opposite of natural aka "forced"

But it's still good news that the "screwball comedy of great romantic chemistry" won't be gracing my screen again.

Also, I want Diggle/Felicity scenes.

Actually, what I want is regular OTA scenes (I mean, like two or three episodes in a row to start with?) but I think they  should be nicknamed "The Graal" because it doesn't seem like they will be gracing anyone's screen anytime soon.

• Love 14

So, who else thinks Sara's skills in fight will suddenly be dumbed down so that Laurel can look better? Or we'll have a scene in which Laurel saves Sara in a fight.

Something has to happen for Sara to leave the city and Canary moniker. It cannot be a sudden struck of animalistic love for Ray Palmer, now can it?...

• Love 7

Something has to happen for Sara to leave the city and Canary moniker. It cannot be a sudden struck of animalistic love for Ray Palmer, now can it?...

I feel terrible because C.Lotz sold animalistic Sara so well that I have no problem imagining how she could send hot, hungry, animalistic stares at Ray while he'd be all shrinking in awe and fear.

• Love 3

Oh god that would be painful to watch in a good way. I'd like to add we could also get shots of Oliver losing his shit and Dig's holding him back from busting into the room while the doctors are trying to revive her!

I feel terrible because C.Lotz sold animalistic Sara so well that I have no problem imagining how she could send hot, hungry, animalistic stares at Ray while he'd be all shrinking in awe and fear.

Why would she want a man who "shrinks" when she looks at him?  Or in Ray's case, shrinks even more.

In case it wasn't clear, I'm saying Ray Palmer has a tiny dick.  I like to be clear about things.

• Love 6

So, who else thinks Sara's skills in fight will suddenly be dumbed down so that Laurel can look better? Or we'll have a scene in which Laurel saves Sara in a fight.

Given what little I've seen of CL/Sara in 406 I don't see how they could dumb her down. The slide across the floor and shooting at people was pretty badass. Not to mention Sara just kicked Laurel's ass twice in 405
  • Love 7

Why would she want a man who "shrinks" when she looks at him?  Or in Ray's case, shrinks even more.

In case it wasn't clear, I'm saying Ray Palmer has a tiny dick.  I like to be clear about things.

LOL. I was staying at double entendre level.

I have no idea whether it could work or not, and I don't plan to watch LoT, but I just feel that this Ray/Sara stuff could be pure screwball comedy gold.  *taking my mind out of the double entendre gutter*

• Love 1

I love how when MG was asked about Olicity stunts he was all..it needs to be organic blah blah blah but in this ep apparently Felicity is organically going to find herself strapped to one future superhero while tandem jumping in order to stage a rescue for another because nothing says organic like using Felicity Smoak to prop comic characters that can't stand on their own. 

Yeah yeah I'm bitter, leave me to my bitter well of bitterness where OTA can only be a one episode wonder, Olicity stunts are a thing of the past and non masked characters must always be careful not to shine too brightly in case they overshadow their less interesting comic counterparts.  

• Love 21

Yeah, that whole comment by MG that we can't have Oliver and Felicity doing stunts together on a regular basis, even though they did plenty at the end of S1 and the beginning and end of S2 (hell, they even did 2 IN THE SAME EPISODE!!!), is complete garbage. It's only further proof that if you don't have a mask, you don't get the cool stunt scenes. Felicity must be kept indoors either behind her computer or at PT letting Curtis do all of the stuff she's perfectly competent enough to do herself. I'm convinced that's a big reason why the OTA scenes are so sparse anymore.

I guess I should be happy that at least she and Curtis are flying through the air in what appears to be some rescue attempt, but just like last season, she's over on the side making sure that the next costumed hero gets his opportunity. *sigh* This show...I swear.

• Love 14

I wonder if Sara knows she was dead, or was the last thing she remembers is Thea shooting her full of arrows then waking up on the floor of strange room with everyone staring at her.

Good question, watch LoT to find out, we won't get any real Sara story or depth on Arrow.
  • Love 6

I wonder if Sara knows she was dead, or was the last thing she remembers is Thea shooting her full of arrows then waking up on the floor of strange room with everyone staring at her. 

I kind of want Sara to feel like Buffy after coming back from the dead, bitter about it inside, because she was happy and at peace, in a better place - then someone took her and ripped her out of it.

I want her to be angry at Laurel for breaking her peace.

I want her to take unnecessary risks when fighting, to be almost suicidal.

I want other to notice, not Laurel, bacause, let's be frank - she won't. I want Oliver and Felicity to notice.

I want Sara to awkwardly talk to Thea, testing the waters, wary of their past.

I'm not sure I'll get anything like that, but a girl can hope.

"You saved me, Laurel!" -> that's probably what I'll get.

• Love 10

Oh, lookie there, Sara's got her wig on. Sara who's bloner than Laurel. What's the explanation for ditching the thing be now?

I noticed that too. My own personal guess is that KC just doesn't want to wear the wig and CL doesn't care either way. I personally think the wig at least attemptes to hide the identity. I don't understand why nobody recognizes AD LL in her costume that way. The mask is not that big.

BTW: Is Sara wearing her old wig or a wig that looks more similar to Laurel's wig? 

Edited by Belinea

I'm sorry MG, I call complete and total bullshit on 208/408 not feeling like an LoT Backdoor Pilot and that this 2 hour movie feels like an episode of Flash and an episode of Arrow.

Give me a break, just admit you sacrificed 6 episodes of Arrow (403-408) to set up and launch LoT.  I excluded 401/402 because (with the exception of the last few minutes of 402 they were Arrow episodes not LoT set up, IMO.

• Love 18