Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

So then I guess Lyla has "Oliver blinders" on since she wants Diggle to get over his issues with Oliver.

I'm wondering if it was someone else yelling at the both of then that would be fine. I don't see how anything Felicity said can be misconstrued. She was looking out for both of them. That's what a good team member does.

By using "the person who hurt her" they can have Thea "cause" Malcolm's death without outright killing him, (he takes a bullet for her, saves her from a situation he warned her about, she ignores his call while he lays dying in the Glades, euthanasia, whatever) and the LP crazy storyline can be resolved in 4B.

i know who is ultimately responsible for her pain.

I'm kinda giving Thea and Laurel side-eye for leaving Nyssa in a bad situation in Nanda Parbat, but especially for leaving Sara in those stank-ass, corpse infused, wet leathers for a whole plane ride back to SC, not to mention basement lock-up time, based on the promo.

Also way to go Laurel traumatising both your Father and sister in one selfish move.

• Love 2

Felicity’s guilt over not finding Ray sooner causes tension between her and Oliver (Stephen Amell)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

I know this tension is going to be Oliver misinterpreting Felicity's freakout as residual feelings, and that better be resolved by the end of the episode. 

I also want to know how/why DD has Ray.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10

Yeah, I'm assuming this is going to be the episode with that scene from the longer trailer with Felicity crying, and I suspect the conflict will be resolved in-episode. Because...yeah, enough with Ray as roadblock.

• Love 4

My first reaction to 4x06: WTF?

That was not what I was expecting at all. 

Do not want tension between Olicity to be about Ray. At All.

Ray and DD. Sounds fake, but okay.

• Love 11

In-episode resolution followed by that hard-to-figure-out upside-down kiss, pls. 

Wasn't there a spoiler about something about Ray pushing O&F's relationship further or something like that? 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

I don't think it's going to be real tension - it's going to be Felicity feeling guilty tension.  But guys, are we seriously getting crazy Sara next week, then Constantine, then Sara helping rescue Ray the week after that?  Holy cow that's a lot of cool story telling right in a row.

So yea, just realized that the inevitable result of Sara being pitted is that Sara and Thea are going to end up bonding in the way Laurel/Sara or Laurel/Thea should have bonded.  LOL they really do hate the Laurel character.   

• Love 3

I can't remember what MG said about Oliver and Ray. I think it was something about being understandable a little insecure. 

LP effects for who? Thea or Sara. Both? Maybe they turn on Laurel...

Are they laying on something, or is he like maybe hanging upside down off the salmon ladder or something?

It seems like maybe he's laying down on his stomach with his head to the side?

Oh yeah that's probably more likely.

Edited by Starfish35

So Oliver doesn't go with the others, I wonder why he stays behind. I can't imagine he thinks Sara (and possibly Thea going) is good idea give the recent events.

I hope the Sara/Thea/Laurel team up is a small subplot because I was looking forward to a Felicity episode.

Edited by 10Eleven12

Ok, I completely did not see Darhk having Ray. I thought for sure Ray would still be tiny and they'd have to get him big again. I'm actually a little disappointed we're not getting that storyline.

And two, I guess the talk about KC being out of town for NYFW while 406 was shooting made me think it was going to be a Laurel-lite episode. Guess not. But now we know which episode those pics of Sara in the black Canary costume (from the NYCC trailer) are coming from. I'm guessing something is going to go wrong that is going to end up causing tension between Sara and Ray on LoT.

ETA: and yeah, with Mama Smoak back in town I figured this would be a Felicity-focused episode. Huh.

More related to next week's episode, I'm thinking QL is going to end up being a double agent for Team Arrow against DD, which increases his odds of being the one in the grave.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 5

More Ray Palmer...yuck

Why the hell does DD have him?

Why would Felicity feel guilty about that?

Why would that cause tension between her and Oliver?

I'm just going to take a deep breath and remember that so far this season the eps have been much better than the episode summaries have lead me to expect. Here's hoping that trend continues. 

• Love 10

I was banking on KC being away during filming. Curses LOL

RE: Chrismukah episode. Love all the pretty pictures. Everyone was filming but KC and JB. I wonder if that means something (something Nanda I mean)

Honeslty I think the only moment LL will be in that episode is to find Ray... Wonder why Digg/Oliver aren't going. THey must be tied up w/ something else.

More OTA team up action?

In-episode resolution followed by that hard-to-figure-out upside-down kiss, pls. 

Wasn't there a spoiler about something about Ray pushing O&F's relationship further or something like that?

I think there was. Maybe Donna returns to visit her daughter and Oliver pulls her aside to tell her he intends to marry her baby girl?

I am very glad that LoT Connor is not related to Oliver. Having the kid be Connor may be worth it for an Easter Egg but it doesn't really add to the overall narrative of the show.  Having Connor Hawke be a person of colour (need more men of that) and deciding to take up the bow to honour the original Green Arrow makes the story richer for me.

I think they wanted to rush through it, since they had to do it for Sara to be on LOT, and it was probably not part of their original vision for the season.

I think Constantine will fix the cray part but the TV Guide article made me think that Sara getting over the subtler effects, like losing her humanity, may be a storyline they will continue on LoT this season.

I don't think it's going to be real tension - it's going to be Felicity feeling guilty tension. 

And Oliver feeling a bit insecure maybe, and they work through it together by the end of the episode.

This is an hour long TV show and they have to have drama between them somehow. And I'd much rather have this than breaking up and getting together over and over, or the idiocy that is currently Castle.

• Love 10

Honeslty I think the only moment LL will be in that episode is to find Ray... Wonder why Digg/Oliver aren't going. THey must be tied up w/ something else.

It says Sara joins Laurel, Thea and the team (Digg/Oliver?).  The focus is just going to be on the girls team up until it goes sideways.  Maybe this is the episode where Darhk has Green Arrow captured and is getting ready to unmask him.  In one of the promos there is a shot of the Canaries & Speedy as well as Darhk with GA.

• Love 2

I don't think it's going to be real tension - it's going to be Felicity feeling guilty tension.  But guys, are we seriously getting crazy Sara next week, then Constantine, then Sara helping rescue Ray the week after that?  Holy cow that's a lot of cool story telling right in a row.  

I think so, too. Wasn't there a scene in the NYCC sizzle reel with Felicity telling Oliver how she blames herself for Ray's predicament? Maybe she becomes too focused on the search for Ray and Oliver starts feeling "insecure" (I've seen that word tossed around, by MG on Tumblr, I think). He doesn't have to be jealous of Ray, but there could be a niggling doubt in his mind from back in the premiere about Felicity's commitment to him *shrugs* As long as it ends in hot make-up sex I'm all good :)

• Love 10

From the 4x06 summary, it looks like Constantine gets Sara's soul back but doesn't cure her bloodlust. For that it seems there is no cure. I also suppose Sara and Ray will have to meet to decide to leave together with Rip Hunter. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

It says Sara joins Laurel, Thea and the team (Digg/Oliver?).  The focus is just going to be on the girls team up until it goes sideways.  Maybe this is the episode where Darhk has Green Arrow captured and is getting ready to unmask him.  In one of the promos there is a shot of the Canaries & Speedy as well as Darhk with GA.

If 'girls team up' is accurate, that would explain some new Birds of Prey stuff I've seen on Twitter. 

It seems like Sara's recovery is rather rushed.  I hope the actual execution comes out better than what I'm getting from the episode descriptions.

If 'girls team up' is accurate, that would explain some new Birds of Prey stuff I've seen on Twitter. 

It seems like Sara's recovery is rather rushed.  I hope the actual execution comes out better than what I'm getting from the episode descriptions.

At a con, someone asked KC about doing another Bird's of Prey episode.  She responded "sort of".  When I saw the shot of the 3 of them that is what I thought she was referencing.

Yay! I got my question answered by Marc! And I like his response :)

smoakd asked:
Hi Marc! So it’s been alluded to in 2x13 when Felicity talks to Oliver about family and that she doesn’t want to lose him, that Felicity has her own insecurities/abandonment issues. Will these abandonment issues (that came to be because of her father leaving) be further explored in S4? I really hope so because I think that it would add another layer of complexity to Felicity’s character and her relationships with Oliver, Donna, and maybe even Diggle.

marcguggenheim answered:
Keep watching.  :)

• Love 5

As much as I hate Ray I'm strangely not bothered by that 406 description. I think he'll cause tension for one episode and make Oliver feel a bit insecure (I feel like I've read this somewhere?) and Olicity will have it out and we'll probably get that yin yang kiss and who knows? Maybe that's what prompts a proposal? Whatever, I'm expecting sex. Hahaha.

Bring it Raymondo.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5

I knew Ray looked pretty bad off in that video. Well at least its a better plot than just finding shrunken man. Don't forsee the tension between O&F lasting long though. It's pretty much nobody's fault, unless of course they change it from finale. But RP looked pretty dead from all accounts.

I don't understand his answers about Laurel. She is 'brave and courageous and RIGHT' about Sara's resurrection. 

Please tell me he is being sarcastic with those answers.

Of course he's not. Laurel is a saint who never does anything wrong, we must all worship the saintly ground she walks on. I KNEW there would be zero consequences for her and this just proves it. UGH.

• Love 12

I don't understand his answers about Laurel. She is 'brave and courageous and RIGHT' about Sara's resurrection. 

Please tell me he is being sarcastic with those answers.

Sounds like TIIC are still pushing that Laurel is bravestrongloveswithherwholeheart, and they refuse to see that the beneficial ends don't justify the means. Laurel's actions were incredibly self-serving and cruel to a sister and friend she says she loves, and it's infuriating that she's going to skate out of this as the hero who brought Sara back.

• Love 16

The irony of it all is that Laurel looked as far away from a hero in 403 as possible. Her actions weren't heroic. They were wrong. So nope. I'm not buying what they're selling. In fact this makes me dislike her even more because she'll learn nothing, get everyone else to clean up her mess and still come up smelling of roses. Good job show. Your agenda doesn't work on me.

• Love 10

MG also said her actions are up for debate last time he was on tumblr so I don't trust his answers to reflect how things will really happen.He's trying to pander to both sides.I mean we know she's on good terms with everyone soon and I doubt she'll be the one to suffer the worst consequences but I really doubt they will manage to make her look heroic after this especially since Constantine is called by Oliver so she doesn't even clean up her own mess.And from the new synopsis it looks like Sara isn't even fully cured.

• Love 1

For me, the problem is that Laurel looked hasty and self-serving and short-sighted rather than courageous.  Lampshading the problems with Pitting Sara doesn't make it right.

Until they get on board with what most of the audience is seeing, they're going to end up hurting the character more than helping her.

• Love 4
Drama again at the expense of Laurel's character. She is never going to be written to be in the right is she?

She brought her sister back from the dead.  I’m having a difficult time figuring out how she could possibly be MORE in the right.

This is what is wrong with this show, MG and WM think this is great storytelling. I have no faith whatsoever that they will have Laurel come out looking good in this story line. Especially when they give it the least amount of screen time. At least we know Sara is in 4x06 and isn't disappearing suddenly.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 2

I thought it was obvious Sara wouldn't be fully cured. I always got the impression that the effects of the pit would be lasting and she'd have to deal with them for the rest of her life. Yet another reason why Laurel is wrong in this because she's not the one who has to live with the consequences of her actions on a daily basis. I just assumed Constantine would help bring back the Sara we knew (her soul) and that's it. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1