Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I kinda want her to be Conklin's girlfriend, or crush. Flashback love triangle = so much potential for pointing and laughing.

I could get behind that. I want her to be bad, not a good girl caught up in the wrong crew.

Oliver's snowflake status with Waller had always been WTF? to me.  But then, he's got snowflake status with MM and Ra's too. Please let DD not care about him.

Castle did that, had only Martha and Alexis at the wedding and Ryan, Esposito, Lainie etc. got pissed off that they weren't invited.  It wasn't pleasant to watch, even though they played it for laughs.

I want DD to think of GA/OQ as a pesky little fly. I want him to be amused at the thought of OQ being a threat to him. No more personal vendettas, just a straight up villain.

I HATED the crew not being there for Castle's wedding (did like their vows though - Partner in Crime). I like the idea of a small, thrown together little vow exchange with Team Arrow and family.

• Love 3

They had a date in S3, when Felicity massively overdressed for a daylight date playing trivia games at a coffee shop.  One date.

Ah that's right. Thanks. Was that in the Flash or on the Arrow? Yeah. Even that is like one date.

Anyone else picturing Palmer wearing his suit whilst having sex and then he takes off at climax and Laurel is attached and they are spiraling through the sky?  And they land in Coast City never to return to Starling?

Just me?

• Love 4

Well that is 5 males and 6 females....so if i said she had a THING with half which is actually 2 out of 5 and him 2 out of 6...it isn't her with 2 oout of 11. But i never stated it as the gospel.

Which, of course, is assuming your guest list is accurate.  Which it is not.  Not to mention 2/5 is not half, and 2/6 is not a majority.

It would seem that Stephen is none to happy about the ring being spoiled if I read his tweet correctly

Stephen Amell ‏@amellywood now18 seconds ago

Personal preference: As much as I enjoy online speculation, if / when I run a tv show, after S1 I'd realize ZERO footage prior to premiere.
100 retweets 189 favorites

• Love 4

It is weird they would put that in the trailer. They must've really wanted those twitter hits.

Which, of course, is assuming your guest list is accurate. Which it is not. Not to mention 2/5 is not half, and 2/6 is not a majority.

Well I am hereby dis-inviting Cisco/Caitlin/Iris. Now it's even. Now we all can be happy. Edited by Primal Slayer

It would seem that Stephen is none to happy about the ring being spoiled if I read his tweet correctly

Yeah, I remember him complaining about it last year, too, and I think I agree with him. Last season's premiere felt a little anti-climatic for me because we'd been spoiled about so much. As much as I've enjoyed the spoilers in the past week, I'm hoping I won't have that same feeling on October 7th.

Also, FWIW, I think Oliver and Felicity's wedding will be a pretty large affair. It won't quite be the society to-do it would be if Moira was still alive, but Felicity is gonna be the CEO of the largest employer in the city and even if Oliver isn't mayor at that point, his public profile is going to be really high after the campaign. So I expect there would be a large wedding full of SC's elite. Until, of course, the big public wedding gets called off because *MAYHEM* and Oliver and Felicity end up exchanging impromptu vows in front of only their closest friends.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 5

I'm the opposite, I wish I could read the scripts and watch the director's cut and know every single detail because I DO NOT TRUST. I need to know as much as possible about everything to be able to watch a show, when I don't trust the showrunners.

• Love 6

Lol, he'd have to actively buy the network, or be the exec in charge of marketing.

I'll say this for Stephen. He has a lot of confidence! Like if he became PM of Canada, he'd just run the network through Facebook anyway. 

I have this weird head!canon now of SA,Jared P, Jensen A, JB and some other wealthy peeps from the CW forming their own production companies/network.  They all have other business interests they are earning money from.  Maybe they'll just bankroll the Superhero Channel and I can FINALLY get JA as Bruce Wayne. LOL

• Love 4

That surprise wasn't really necessary to spoil either. Everyone was fine with seeing Olicity in domestic bliss. The ring would've been better to see for the first time during the episode. Or I suppose after last seasons mess of stupidity they feel the need to show people that everything is going to be better now. 

• Love 3

I could get behind that. I want her to be bad, not a good girl caught up in the wrong crew.

PLEASE NO MORE LOVE TRIANGLES with OQ involved. I just can't take it. If they need to make her connected, just make her a family member. Honestly, I hope she is a bad girl.

I want DD to think of GA/OQ as a pesky little fly. I want him to be amused at the thought of OQ being a threat to him. No more personal vendettas, just a straight up villain.

This I want so much!! Honestly, I want him to be demanding info on the GA, like he demands for his coffee order. Just run of the mill fact finding/order filling.

I HATED the crew not being there for Castle's wedding (did like their vows though - Partner in Crime). I like the idea of a small, thrown together little vow exchange with Team Arrow and family.

Hated that too, but that wedding needed to just happen. CASTLE is a cautionary tale about how to ruin a TV wedding. They did so much wrong with that whole wedding process. I hope that ARROW does better. And please just hire an actor to play the minister. No more last min substituting by a newcomer character they're trying to incorporate into the show.

Laurel and Palmer should totally hook up during O/F's wedding. For hilarity purposes.

Honestly, I think they would be a good pair. She wants a rich man she can fight with - check. He wants a woman that will be loyal to him at all costs - check.

If they don't have Sara/Ray hook up first.

Par for the course on this show... Although I hope SL/RP do not hook up ever.

Anyone else picturing Palmer wearing his suit whilst having sex and then he takes off at climax and Laurel is attached and they are spiraling through the sky?  And they land in Coast City never to return to Starling?

Just me?

NO, but I can imagine her buckles getting caught in the suit. And then perhaps they have to call Cisco to help them separate. Cue awkward funny scene.

It cracks me up that after just one shot of a lovely ring on a souffle, and well before we even know who is going to survive the upcoming seasons of all three shows, or even if Arrow will have a wedding, we're already speculating about who will be at the wedding and the reception.  

But since we are speculating, shouldn't we add Donna Smoak to the list of wedding attendees, upset because Felicity's dress doesn't show enough cleavage?

• Love 3

Funny - yet he released the first trailer on his own FB page. If it makes him feel better, when it aired on TV last night - they cut out the ring part. So maybe they are playing both sides of the game. Honestly I think he's just crying sour grapes because his DragonCon response looks a little ridiculous now. I enjoy SA, but sometimes he can be a little boy temperamental, and this is just his latest tantrum.

• Love 1

Funny - yet he released the first trailer on his own FB page. If it makes him feel better, when it aired on TV last night - they cut out the ring part. So maybe they are playing both sides of the game. Honestly I think he's just crying sour grapes because his DragonCon response looks a little ridiculous now. I enjoy SA, but sometimes he can be a little boy temperamental, and this is just his latest tantrum.

I have to agree with him.. somethings should be kept a surprise. This is the kind of "Oh My God!!" surprise I would have loved to see in the episode and not in the trailer. They already gave us plenty to be happy about Olicity wise, which was all I needed for now. While I love knowing that Oliver has a ring, Yea.. seeing it during the show would have just given the entire scene an extra special something.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 7

He gets petulant at times but I think he's a pretty savvy guy about marketing and promotion. iMO, the difference here is that the trailer he posted doesn't contain a rather massive spoiler like the ring. I don't think him being upset about this spoiler is him having a tantrum. I think he's sees a difference between a spoiler vs a teaser. Maybe the entire cast has been under pain of death if they divulged the ring scene and now it's out and he's pissed about it. I don't think that necessarily means sour grapes. 

To me this would be like if they spoiled the "I love you" in the season 2 finale. I would have been so pissed.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

I knew he'd be pissed. He was annoyed last season when they showed the Olicity kiss. He likes the Olicity surprises for fans. Haha. But I agree with him. As much as I was excited about it yesterday, I'm annoyed they released that clip. It wasn't necessary and I would have loved to have been surprised. Because I actually would have been surprised. I definitely wasn't expecting a proposal in 401. I don't think I was even expecting a proposal this season. So it's a bummer that was taken away from us. 

I have to agree with him.. somethings should be kept a surprise. This is the kind of "Oh My God!!" surprise I would have loved to see in the episode and now in the trailer. They already gave us plenty to be happy about Olicity wise, which was all I needed for now. While I love knowing that Oliver has a ring, Yea.. seeing it during the show would have just given the entire scene an extra special something.

I agree that they should have kept the ring a surprise. I mean that floored me that they released it. Then again if you read the speculations & the fics after the 1st trailer, it was what a lot of people were talking about. Add that to the wedding train from last year. The people sitting in the CW marketing dept are probably thinking - this is what the fans want, so let's give it to them. Same thing with the love scene last year. 

But its out there now... no need to whine about it was the point I was trying to make. In his tweet he said he would release "ZERO footage prior to premiere" that's not much to get people interested, and it completely contradicts his own actions the week before when he personally released footage on his own personal website. He's just made that they stole his thunder first by releasing another trailer and then revealing the ring. It's just SA being SA.

His DragonCon response does look a little ridiculous right now, but it might not be for what they've filmed thus far. I feel like Stephen tends to answer questions from a place of where he's at with Oliver vs. what we all know. I think once Oliver does get his shit together re: balancing Oliver and GA, that's definitely when he'll attempt to pop the question again.

• Love 2

I understand why the CW puts all the good O/F spoilers in promos, though. Their job is to advertise, and maximize reach. And considering the CW has zero money for marketing, they currently legit rely on O/F 'shippers to propagate information. Like, A LOT. So surprising people becomes less important in the grand scheme of things.

• Love 14

He gets petulant at times but I think he's a pretty savvy guy about marketing and promotion. iMO, the difference here is that the trailer he posted doesn't contain a rather massive spoiler like the ring. I don't think him being upset about this spoiler is him having a tantrum. I think he's sees a difference between a spoiler vs a teaser. Maybe the entire cast has been under pain of death if they divulged the ring scene and now it's out and he's pissed about it. I don't think that necessarily means sour grapes. 

To me this would be like if they spoiled the "I love you" in the season 2 finale. I would have been so pissed.

Perhaps tantrum is not the correct word :)

For me, I think there is a difference in releasing spoilers during a hiatus than during the run of the show. All we have seen is what the first few episodes might be like, there are a million ways everything could change by the finale. Its to spark interest in the show. So I am ok with what has been shown so far, there have been omg moments but nothing earth shattering. Honestly, the proposal is not even that much of a surprise - seriously the writing was on the wall. But its fine, because I know that what I'm seeing the trailer is not a permanent game changer or plot reveal, its just setting the stage. However, them revealing the ILU in s2 in a teaser would have foiled the entire plot & spoiled the surprise. And I too would have been pissed, honestly that reveal is what got me to reinvest in the show because I was almost out after s2. But it showed me the show was willing to take chances. So once the show starts up again, I hope they keep the surprises hidden.

Edited by kismet

I'm freaking out about the engagement. I mean, yes I want them to go that way but NOT YET. This really worries me that they are going to make her Oliver's Gwen Stacy. I really, really do...

What comforts me is that if EBR were leaving the show, the cast would've known, I think? Therefore KC wouldn't have changed her tune about Loliver

• Love 1

Like, not even trying to be snarky, and I understand why people get worried. But I keep trying to imagine Guggenheim and Berlanti going to the WB executives to pitch killing Felicity so they can go back to ~comic book canon~, and the only reaction I can imagine from the WB execs is rolling on the floor laughing out loud, before noping them so hard they get whiplash.

• Love 13

I think people forget that MG/AJK don't have absolutely authority. Above them is GB who is more of an overall TV/Movie person than a comics person. Above GB you have WB/DC and CB who all have a say. I can't see GB, The CW nor WB thinking killing off Felicity or ending Olicity in favor of Lauiver/Laurel being a great idea. Berlanti, WB and CB are all about the money. Not to mention that DC was perfectly fine with ending Smallville with Chloe/Ollie and giving them a son in the SV S11 comics. I don't think they are sitting there going we have to protect the sanctity of Dinah/Ollie at all costs.

• Love 11

I understand why the CW puts all the good O/F spoilers in promos, though. Their job is to advertise, and maximize reach. And considering the CW has zero money for marketing, they currently legit rely on O/F 'shippers to propagate information. Like, A LOT. So surprising people becomes less important in the grand scheme of things.

Plus, I mean...for me, it really doesn't ruin anything, since he obviously doesn't actually propose? I would've been surprised, and probably a little disappointed (even though I know that's irrational) if it had played out in real time. This way, we get an insight into Oliver's mindset, we know what he's thinking and where things might be headed with O/F, even though they're not heading there. Yet. If it was an actual proposal that Felicity accepted, I'd probably feel differently. This, I think, tempers expectations. At least for me. 

• Love 4

They aren't killing Felicity. All this promotion should reassure fans of that. She has been front and center with Oliver. They aren't doing it to establish shock value, they are doing it for buzz. Olicity is their buzzer.

And Laurel isn't leaving. I have to roll my eyes everytime I read a tweet or tumblr post about the 'signs'. It's just not happening.

• Love 8

I'd think they get rid of Laurel before Felicity. And by get rid of I mean send away to another city, not kill off. 

Not to mention that DC was perfectly fine with ending Smallville with Chloe/Ollie and giving them a son in the SV S11 comics

Didn't they have a son in the series finale of Smallville? 

I'd think they get rid of Laurel before Felicity. And by get rid of I mean send away to another city, not kill off.

She was pregnant in the series finale but the baby was born in the comics

DC didn't let them come out and say it was Oliver's son in the finale flash-forward, but they cast a kid who looked for real like he could be their son, the art department went out of their way to imply it heavily [they closed up on a kid's bow and arrow, and the carpet on the kid's room had targets as decoration].

But then they let BQM make it official in the comics. Chloe was pregnant for most of the run, and the last issue was the birth of the kid.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 1

I'm a spoiler junkie so I crave this stuff so it's hard for me understand why people get mad :p I like to watch shows after the season or even series ends so I can know a little bit of what to expect. LOT is the first show in years that I'm watching live at the start of it's series. Though I did watch the second half of Flash as the season aired.

What comforts me is that if EBR were leaving the show, the cast would've known, I think? Therefore KC wouldn't have changed her tune about Loliver

Seriously, imagine how much SA would be sporting a real life sad puppy face, and KC would be sporting a real life gleeful face to rival the one when she sent her "beloved" sister off to assassin camp.  We would know.

• Love 5

KC is one of the biggest reason I think its crazy to think they were getting rid of Felicity. KC, the Captain of the Oliver and Laurel Wreck, is suddenly preaching the strength of single-woman Laurel and throwing shade at being Oliver's love interest. This is a woman who got the memo.

• Love 14