Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Okay, so I'm definitely getting the vibe that Quentin might be under DD's thumb a little bit. When DD enters the room and talks about the city dying, QL is sitting at the table. I don't know. Just intrigued as to why he's knocking Diggle over the head with a gun all of a sudden. Hmmm.

Maybe we should wait and see why it's her? If Thea isn't acting right because of the pit, she might not be in the position to ask him herself. 

I'm all for waiting & seeing the circumstances. :) Honestly, this trailer was first time I enjoyed LL in over 1.5 seasons beyond a few moments here & there. So I'm all for giving her organic moments to shine. Thea might have been in the room & they could have gone together. But the clip was likely chosen to highlight LL, they didn't have to put that particular clip in. They could have just used her voiceover.  But LL was intentionally chosen by the writers & the editors to be the one shown asking OQ back. 

• Love 1

Sorry to go all Olicity fangirl for a minute, but I was just thinking about Oliver's face when he watched Felicity meet baby Sara and comparing that to his face when he sees Felicity "cooking." And I'm so filled with happiness, just like him. I'm going to be refreshing Tumblr like a fiend all night long.

That look screams "I want this for the rest of our lives, im gonna marry this woman"

• Love 3

It moved a little too quickly for me, but overall looked good. Much snappier than last season.

Thoughts: Nice house. Wonder who paid for it, but I am digging the domesticity.

Digg's helmet looks idiotic.

If Thea's there when Sara's LPd, that would support my spec from awhile ago that Sara's haunting Thea. That would be a reason for MM to agree to bring her back.

I liked Echo in that (IMO) terrible sitcom he was in last year, and already like the chemistry between him and Felicity. Keep their story about her and I'll be very happy.

I think the guy Felicity kicked in the shin is JR Bourne.

Please be smart this season, Oliver!

Oh, and with Waller showing up in flashbacks, I'm thinking Oliver may go undercover in Shadowspire. The Baron seems to be into archery, so that could be how Oliver gets in, and if that's a bonding them for them would explain why his second-in-command hates Oliver.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3

But the clip was likely chosen to highlight LL, they didn't have to put that particular clip in.

If Laurel is the only one who asked Oliver back, then they did need to put it in to show how we go from having Oliver and Felicity living together in the suburbs to having Oliver dressing up to fight crime again. 

I couldn't care less who brings Oliver back tbh. It was never going to be Diggle because they've fallen out and so that leaves Thea and Laurel. 

Okay, so I'm definitely getting the vibe that Quentin might be under DD's thumb a little bit. When DD enters the room and talks about the city dying, QL is sitting at the table. I don't know. Just intrigued as to why he's knocking Diggle over the head with a gun all of a sudden. Hmmm.

And the winner of this season on Arrow's annual subplot drama of Save a Lance is drumroll please ......... Quentin!

Mark my words - This is the season of saving Quentin Lance! We will save him from the evil of DD. Just like we saved SL & LL from the darkness for the past 3 seasons. Drivers start your angst meters now! :)

Edited by kismet
  • Love 7

I also love that they have Felicity shooting a machine gun, both eyes closed, shooting everywhere, with clearly no idea of what she's doing. I find it adorable, if you can find something involving a machine gun adorable.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 11

I also love that they have Felicity shooting a machine gun, both eyes closed, shooting everywhere, with clearly no idea of what she's doing. I find it adorable, if you can find something involving a machine gun adorable.

I found it to make Felicity sexier

Haha, bless Felicity. She looks like 'Um, I'll just point and shoot right?!' It reminds me of when she hit Cooper with the gun last season. The way she struggled and fought wasn't flawless but like someone who didn't really know what she was doing. It's kind of messy but 100% real for someone who hasn't had any training. 

It also was a really large gun to be operating as one of your first in the field firing attempts. Kudos to her... I'm sure that gun had a little kickback to it :)

But get that girl some basic training to defend herself, cmon show & TA!

One thing I noticed on the new title card besides the smaller font of Arrow is that the word is coming towards us instead of away from us. I wonder what that signifies? Coming out of the dark and into the light?

• Love 2

Did anyone managed to figure out in which room she is doing the shooting? it sort of looked underground but i couldn't tell for sure.

Yeah, it looks like maybe the basement of QC or a lab of some sort? 

ox9zwhX.gif

Ah, the adorable ineptitude. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

tumblr_nu6de6rHY81rl5axho1_500.gif

tumblr_nu6de6rHY81rl5axho2_500.gif

tumblr_nu6de6rHY81rl5axho3_500.gif

tumblr_nu6de6rHY81rl5axho4_500.gif

Moment of appreciation...note the difference between the ridiculously overdone S3 arrowhead and the simple and practical (metal, not stone) arrowhead of S4. If that is a metaphor for S4 I will be very, very happy.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3

One thing I noticed on the new title card besides the smaller font of Arrow is that the word is coming towards us instead of away from us. I wonder what that signifies? Coming out of the dark and into the light?

Totally saw that as well... Wondered if there was significance or if its just a quickie editing thing until the s4 opening credits are finalized. I think they will definitely go back & make the ARROW font more prominent & similar to previous titles screens.

• Love 1

Moment of appreciation...note the difference between the ridiculously overdone S3 arrowhead and the simple and practical (metal, not stone) arrowhead of S4. If that is a metaphor for S4 I will be very, very happy.

Well its also green, so in line with the theme.

And I don't think they'll need a branding arrow like they did in s3 (thank goodness) which explains the simplicity & change in material.

Oh, and with Waller showing up in flashbacks, I'm thinking Oliver may go undercover in Shadowspire. The Baron seems to be into archery, so that could be how Oliver gets in, and if that's a bonding them for them would explain why his second-in-command hates Oliver.

I still am ready to swear that standing next to MM is Baron Reiter, that guy that supposable was brought in for Oliver's flashbacks.  So if he is showing up in the present as well and has a hand in Sara's resurrection, maybe DD is behind bringing her back.

ox9zwhX.gif

Maybe it's the temporary base and it gets compromised (and shot up) so they move and really do it right this time.  (or maybe the new place was already in the works)

• Love 1

From the trailer it looks Nyssa wasn't a part of the bring Sara back group since she looks like she was trying to stop it. I don't know how I feel about Malcolm being the one to bring her back though. 

Did Olicty buy a house? They weren't ever planning on coming back were they. That scene reminds of Sawyer and Juliet from Lost. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Well its also green, so in line with the theme.

And I don't think they'll need a branding arrow like they did in s3 (thank goodness) which explains the simplicity & change in material.

They never NEEDED a branding arrow. They spent an entire season being ridiculous and florid and stupid, and forgot to tell a good story. Simplicity is the core of pretty much every good story. So I am thrilled with the S4 credits design, and hope it's a reflection of the season.

• Love 1

Maybe it's the temporary base and it gets compromised (and shot up) so they move and really do it right this time.  (or maybe the new place was already in the works)

I think it's definitely in QC, because Felicity's wearing the same dress she was wearing when she and Curtis got in the elevator. Curtis is wearing the same outfit as well, in the scene where they look like they're getting shot at.

I think it's definitely in QC, because Felicity's wearing the same dress she was wearing when she and Curtis got in the elevator. Curtis is wearing the same outfit as well, in the scene where they look like they're getting shot at.

True, but does that mean it can't be the temporary base as well? It would explain where she got the gun. 

Edited by BkWurm1

True, but does that mean it can't be the temporary base as well? It would explain where she got the gun. 

The temp base looks kind of empty (assuming that's where O&F are in those suit pics), and that definitely looks like a full basement. DR said that they had been operating out of a temp base while O&F were gone, so I'm not sure why they'd be operating out of Palmer Tech, but they definitely could be.

The temp base looks kind of empty (assuming that's where O&F are in those suit pics), and that definitely looks like a full basement. DR said that they had been operating out of a temp base while O&F were gone, so I'm not sure why they'd be operating out of Palmer Tech, but they definitely could be.

Yeah, Felicity and Palmer both being gone makes it more odd but didn't they imply that the timeline of when Ray "died" might not have been as soon as we thought?  Maybe he offered the secret space and THEN blew himself up. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

Yeah, Felicity and Palmer both being gone makes it more odd but didn't they imply that the timeline of when Ray "died" might not have been as soon as we thought?  Maybe he offered the secret space and THEN blew himself up. 

He totally could have. Although that would be just as stupid as Oliver continuing to base his vigilante operations out of a building that he didn't own in S3, haha. My vote is that it's the PT basement, and the base of operations is elsewhere - it just doesn't look like the same space to me. 

Edited by apinknightmare

I have to say, that trailer actually made me really excited for the next season, which I wouldn't have thought was possible after the back half of season three.  I like that Oliver and Diggle's friendship being repaired and the after effects of Thea being put in the Lazarus Pit seem to be pretty front and center, as far as conflicts go.  Also, while I'm not a huge fan of most of the team's costumes, I think the wardrobe department is stepping up their game on casual outfits, which should be commended.

I'm happy that they put a few shots of Sara getting resurrected (also happy that they re-shot it and gave her clothing).  It seems like there are definitely a lot of people in the room when she comes up.  I think it looks like Nyssa is trying to stop them (which I think would make the most sense), but Malcolm doesn't exactly look happy about it, either, so I'm not really sure which side they're all on.

• Love 2

Diggle's and Oliver's costume both look worse in  live action, and I'm demanding that Star City be renamed to Starling once Ray is found.

But on the plus side, they did start with Oliver running again and Felicity got to shoot a gun (bady)!  I like that the ending where she says she was always this kick-ass,  she does it in a scared voice so she knows she was in trouble. The problem with Laurel last season is that she never knew when she was in over her head.  This is acknowledging Felicity's bravery and also that she doesn't have the skills of the others.

I like the "this is not in my job description" scene. I presume that was a scene preparing the way for Ray to come back.  There seems to be good potential with Felicity/Terrific.

I also like Diggle and Oliver being stubborn over their fight and Felicity knocking their heads together because she wants them both safe.

I'm being petty, but I would rather it have been Thea reaching out to Oliver to come back than Laurel. I can understand it not being Diggle though. I imagine Diggle is in a state of "I will ask him to come back over my dead body".

I'm glad it's Laurel because that like an admission that they are in over their heads without Oliver, and Laurel is the one admitting it.  If it were Thea, it would be just her calling Big Brother for help.

I think the guy Felicity kicked in the shin is JR Bourne.

Isn't he in the Coast City flashbacks though?

Was she working on his suit the whole time?! Haha, I hope so. I love it.

In the 2.5 comics, they bought the suits from a supplier. Maybe she got his name when Oliver wasn't looking.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I'm so excited about S4 now that I've seen the trailer!

I feel like Felicity's freaking awesome last line bodes extremely well for the season! It was like vindication for all of us--Felicity, who has at times felt not as valuable to her team (S2); EBR, who puts up with moronic questions from the "media," especially at SDCC; and all of us, the fans of a fantastic, kick-ass character!

I hope this is just the first of many promise that WM delivers!

• Love 6

I am looking forward to Damien Darkh being a formidable opponent. The rest of the stuff looks all right. From the few scenes, it doesn't appear that they have improved the stunt choreography. 

Sara Lance definitely gets resurrected in 4x03 since Katrina Law hasn't filmed a scene for 4x04 or 4x05. Maybe she is killed by a deranged Sara.

He totally could have. Although that would be just as stupid as Oliver continuing to base his vigilante operations out of a building that he didn't own in S3, haha. My vote is that it's the PT basement, and the base of operations is elsewhere - it just doesn't look like the same space to me. 

They put of stills of the promo over on GATV.  I snagged this one.  Note the ceiling light.  It could be a coincidence but they look the same to me. 

EAfmwhe.jpg

ox9zwhX.gif

Sara Lance definitely gets resurrected in 4x03 since Katrina Law hasn't filmed a scene for 4x04 or 4x05. Maybe she is killed by a deranged Sara.

Because that's what Sara needs on her already damaged conscience. How dark to they want to go with her?

I'm thinking Nyssa knows that the Sara that comes out of the pit isn't going to be her Sara. I could see her trying to stop them. If Nyssa survives I hope that leads to falling out with Laurel. I'm sorry I really can't stand that Nyssa had more scenes with her then with Sara. 

• Love 8

They put of stills of the promo over on GATV.  I snagged this one.  Note the ceiling light.  It could be a coincidence but they look the same to me. 

Could be that they used the same set, but they're supposed to be different locations? That would explain why the walls of the lair are so dark. I mean, clutter is everywhere in the shot where Felicity is shooting, and there's not a lot of anything in the shot of the lair. Maybe it's an unused corner? IDK. I just don't think they're the same place.

• Love 1

I'm thinking Nyssa knows that the Sara that comes out of the pit isn't going to be her Sara. I could see her trying to stop them. If Nyssa survives I hope that leads to falling out with Laurel. I'm sorry I really can't stand that Nyssa had more scenes with her then with Sara.

Yeah, if Nyssa had really wanted Sara to be LPd, she was in a good position to do it right at the beginning of last season. This show fails re emotions and all, but if there's any continuity, there's good reason to believe she didn't even try because she didn't want to/knew Sara wouldn't want it/knew Sara would come back wrong, and she loves her enough not to do that to her.

• Love 5

Maybe she is killed by a deranged Sara.

Yeah. Im putting Nyssa on death watch. Hope I'm wrong though.

Ugh, same.  I've been worrying about that ever since that tweet about how they'd have a reunion "of sorts."  I'll be very unhappy if they end up going that route, but I'm holding out hope that they know better now than to pull something like that again.  I mean, they're already having to go to some semi-ridiculous lengths to fix the mistake they made by killing Sara.  

Although, if Sara does kill her, at least the Lazarus Pit is right there...

• Love 1

I think its too early to pick apart different locations as the temp lair vs. PT vs. warehouses, especially considering how stark & industrial everything looks. But it wouldn't surprise me if Ray left TA the basement of PT to work in. It would save the set dept from making a temporary lair for a few episodes, so they can focus on building the real lair.  The lamps do look the same.

What I took from that shot is FS is gonna be a badass this season & her wardrobe dresser is doing an amazing job - because I love that dress. As well as most of her outfits throughout the trailer.

Agree with @yellowfred, I'm also not a fan of the new superhero costumes (think they might've dropped the ball this season), but the casual wardrobe dept has upped its game. I'm loving the outfits

• Love 4

1. Where the hell did the machine gun even come from? 

2. Thea's got crazy eyes...Willa's gonna own the season (my not so bold prediction) 

3. I feel like the "epilogue" should have had Oliver 

4. Seems Oliver is called in because they need his crime fighting help...don't like that really. 

5. Do Oliver and Thea fight? That'll be awesome.