Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

The whole wedding thing just looks like a big troll excerise.

That's because it is, haha. 

I can't really imagine who it is apart from Thea and Roy (but when? Do they get married while Roy's in jail? Seems like he gets injured before Oliver and Diggle can break him out. Did they do it really quickly before Roy turned himself in and we'll see it in a flashback?). I mean, I can see why people would think it would be Felicity and Oliver, given the bouquet and the fact that there's actually love there, and the only other couple that's close to marriage is already married. 

If it were Felicity and Oliver, the only thing I can figure is it would be a "we've wasted too much time already, life is short" kind of thing, but I don't think it's them. 

Edited by apinknightmare

Oh maybe they get married so that Oliver doesn't have to marry someone else in the League? What if the mystery woman wants to marry Oliver or there is some condition that he has to marry someone and they only way he can get out of that condition is if he's already married?

Edited by catrox14

I keep seeing on tumblr that clues point to a possible Olicity wedding and I feel like I'm the only one who looks at it and goes "But Why?" What would the reasoning of them getting married now? Yeah they love each other but would they really skip the whole dating thing? It doesn't makes sense.

Something struck me in the date 3-01.  When they discussed ...we have said everything for first date...yeah, seen ya shirtless multiple times, I thought about how dating may not be traditional for them.  They have been through a great deal as a couple, even if not romantic.  I know a lot of folks want a traditonal courtship...I can see it not being.  They have been shown to be decisive/take action types.  I am not saying I predict them, just wouldn't feel it out of character if Oliver/Felicity did skip the prequel and go to marriage.

• Love 9

I just can't see Oliver agreeing to marry Felicity if he thinks he's about to be locked away in the life of the LoA.  He wouldn't do that, wouldn't take away her option to find someone new and start over.  Of course this would be the point where Felicity proclaims there is no one else for her and the wedding is her way of giving "fate" the finger.  

I still can't make it work in my head.  Too contrived.  I also go back to a comment MG once made when someone suggested a marriage to get the spousal privilege.  I swear he said that would be clever or something like that which sounded close to patting themselves on the back.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

If it were Felicity and Oliver, the only thing I can figure is it would be a "we've wasted too much time already, life is short" kind of thing, but I don't think it's them.

That's my take especially if Roy eats it, if not then IDK and I don't care. Roy and Thea is stupid even IF they are both "dying". Meh.

I just can't see Oliver agreeing to marry Felicity if he thinks he's about to be locked away in the life of the LoA. He wouldn't do that, wouldn't take away her option to find someone new and start over. Of course this would be the point where Felicity proclaims there is no one else for her and the wedding is her way of giving "fate" the finger.

I still can't make it work in my head. Too contrived. I also go back to a comment MG once made when someone suggested a marriage to get the spousal privilege. I swear he said that would be clever or something like that which sounded close to patting themselves on the back.

The ONLY reason I can think of is if Thea is dead, that leaves no Queens if they're trying to rez her and the LP fails or whatever. We eyeroll at the thought that Oliver cares about the legacy/company, but I think the show thinks differently. It's the only reason I could come up with for him to marry her on his way out the door.

The Olicity wedding is one of those theories where I can see and acknowledge each individual "clue" and can see where they're coming from but it just doesn't feel like a choice the show would make.

Edited by ostentatious
  • Love 1

I keep seeing on tumblr that clues point to a possible Olicity wedding and I feel like I'm the only one who looks at it and goes "But Why?" What would the reasoning of them getting married now? Yeah they love each other but would they really skip the whole dating thing? It doesn't makes sense.

THIS. Totally agree. Just having Olicity together or even on the same page by the end of the season would be enough. Weddings can come later if necessary and something else to look forward to. I don't know why we'd have to have everything all at once. 

No, I think her ILU has to come when she makes HER stand, which is going to his room.

Prayer circle that your plane scenario comes to pass.

And yeah if it actually turns out Ray is on the stupid plane and the point of the stupid minister thing is a plane wedding...well, it'll still be stupid.

I'm sorry, but there is no conceivable way I could buy Oliver agreeing to Ray Palmer performing a wedding ceremony for him and Felicity. Just... no. He has no relationship with the guy (as I understand they've barely had any scenes together) and what's more, Felicity has had a relationship with him. One that involved Ray seeing much more of Felicity than Oliver ever has. You really want the minister who performs your ceremony to have experienced your wedding night before you have?

Would the writers be that idiotic? Oh wait... they totally would, wouldn't they?

Also: "hey I know we haven't even been on a complete date yet, but I love you so much I want to marry you right now!" Only on television. Warping ideas about relationships since 1980 (estimated).

• Love 3

I still can't make it work in my head.  Too contrived.  I also go back to a comment MG once made when someone suggested a marriage to get the spousal privilege.  I swear he said that would be clever or something like that which sounded close to patting themselves on the back.

This is the show that pulled the greatest contrivance to make Laurel BC 2.0. At least Oliver and Felicity have a well founded friendship, respect for each other and passion for each other so, if these two crazy kids decide to marry....meh, it works for me. 

Oh gods. What if it's Laurel and Oliver for just the reason you state for spousal privilege....

KBNcZ.gif

• Love 3

I'm starting to consider this marriage thing is really a play on words and it's Oliver being married to the League. The initiation ceremony is the wedding, the oath is the vows. He even changes the name!

But he'll file for divorce in 5 episodes.

This or it's Ra's, finally freed from his duties by Oliver, marrying the current love of his life: a village girl named Thalis.

LOL I think you guys are trying to get out of this way too easily.  I am 100% convinced we are going to get a wedding between two present day main characters.  If its Roy and Thea, it will work for me.  I don't care that they are young, if you want to talk about "life is short, why wait?" - if Roy gets hospitalized because he got the poop beat out of him in prison and then Oliver breaks him out of the hospital and Thea gets killed and LP's - they might be on the "cease the day" mindset big time.

****Speaking of Oliver breaking Roy out of the hospital - it just occurred to me that maybe one of the reasons why the show has the "My name is Oliver Queen" title for the last episode and everyone keeps saying the show has fundamentally changed for season four is because they fake Roy's death and claim the "Arrow" is dead?  That would be an interesting twist.

Anyway, for me - I will have a big problem if a Felicity/Oliver wedding comes in the midst of tragedy. So I really hope its not them this season.

• Love 1

Last week, when we were talking about the bouquet possibly being a hint, I said I saw it as a misdirection. Now I think this whole wedding talk is a huge misdirection. Something is definitely going down (it's the final episodes!) and I think the "Arrow" EPs want the fandom so focused on the wedding and Olicity sex so it's not really speculating about anything else (well, other than who dies, but that's usual talk for end-of-the-season "Arrow").

I'm still not quite on board with the Olicity wedding. I still think the show is NOT going there. BUT IF IT DOES, I can totally get on board. I don't remember if it was on this thread or another where a poster said something like "all this angst over a half-date." But that's the thing, what where Felicity and Oliver saying during that date? I had the same thought as Scribbles above, I think Oliver and Felicity do not really need to date in the traditional sense. Like Felicity said, they've pretty much exhausted everything that people on first dates normally talk about. Not just for the first date, but for every single one thereafter. They know each other very well and trust each other with their very lives. As for love, is there really any question about that despite Felicity not having said those three words?

I think it'd be interesting to see how Felicity and OIiver would navigate married life. I'd rather most of their conflict next season to come from external sources, but marriage would bring some nice internal conflicts as well.

Biggest question of course is why would "Arrow" do this. Because plot? Because "Arrow" loves rushing stuff? Because they are halfway through maybe a five- or six-year run? Because, why the heck not? Many critics and fans have pointed out that one of the reasons this season seems lackluster is because of the dearth of Olicity interactions. That the show twisting itself into a pretzel to keep them apart actually hurts "Arrow." So, why not?

• Love 5
(edited)

Whhyyyyyyy? *cries* I so hoped someone would kill him (MM) off this season.

Yeah, I was certain his story was over. Figured he'd come back as a guest star now and then to cause trouble but, that's about it Edited by Morrigan2575

My concern with Malcolm returning is they are going to go the Lionel Luthor route with him. In a couple seasons, he is going to be having Thanksgiving dinner with the Queens.

• Love 5

A couple! He practically is now....he's already living with them.

I'm sorry, but there is nothing I've hated more than the Malcolm storyline this season. Nothing. Not even Laurel as BC (though that's second). I just.....wow. Not good news. :(

• Love 4

According to JBs tweets he's back for S4 of Arrow as a series regular.

Ugh, NO! I love Barrowman but goodness, they really screwed up Malcolm and I don't want to see him on my TV screen anymore. Kill him off. I hope JB is just trolling.

• Love 1

According to JBs tweets he's back for S4 of Arrow as a series regular.

That's...disappointing. If they treated MM like the narcissistic psychopath that he is, I might have been okay with him sticking around. But the oh, he's just misunderstood, he really loves his kids thing is bullshit. Strike 2 for S4 of Arrow for me. (Buckles remaining is strike 1.)

• Love 6

What about the hundreds of people in the Glades that Malcolm murdered?  Isn't he still wanted by the SCPD?  How can he possibly be a regular next season?  Unless... he somehow becomes the new Ra's and takes over the LOA.  Or... he goes to work for ARGUS or HIVE.  But I don't see how he can stay in Starling City.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I think they're going to kill him (Roy). I'm getting to the point where I'll be a little surprised if they don't. (Not that I want that - it just seems like the way the signs are pointing.)

With JB apparently confirming he'll be back for season four, that's narrowing down our list of who's leaving this year. The past two seasons, Arrow has written out two series regulars both years (Colin Donnell and JB in season one, Susanna Thompson and Manu Bennett in season two). Now that's by no means a guarantee that they will this year. They might just write out one. They might write out none. (see note below) But.....I think we're losing someone. And all signs, to me, point to Colton Haynes as the most likely suspect.

ETA: Morrigan2575 has pointed out that JB was not actually a series regular in season one, so most of this post is invalid. Sorry about that! :(

Edited by Starfish35

If JB is coming back as a regular, all that means is that his first commitments to any work are with Arrow.  They could use him in all or a handful of episodes.  He could be the floater :). 

Maybe he'll end up being the new Ra's Al Ghul. 

• Love 2

I think they're going to kill him (Roy). I'm getting to the point where I'll be a little surprised if they don't. (Not that I want that - it just seems like the way the signs are pointing.)

With JB apparently confirming he'll be back for season four, that's narrowing down our list of who's leaving this year. The past two seasons, Arrow has written out two series regulars both years (Colin Donnell and JB in season one, Susanna Thompson and Manu Bennett in season two). Now that's by no means a guarantee that they will this year. They might just write out one. They might write out none. But.....I think we're losing someone. And all signs, to me, point to Colton Haynes as the most likely suspect.

wrong post

Edited by Morena

If JB is coming back as a regular, all that means is that his first commitments to any work are with Arrow.  They could use him in all or a handful of episodes.  He could be the floater :). 

Maybe he'll end up being the new Ra's Al Ghul.

He's currently contracted for 18 episodes, if he signed a multi year contract (which seems to be the case), he's most likely contracted for 18 episodes per season. If that's the case, they're going to use him for 18 episodes, otherwise they're paying him for nothing.

Maybe Roy's going to be in a coma for the rest of the season in order to push him off to the side so they don't have to worry about his story line in the last few eps? 

He also could be dying - that'd be one way of dealing with Oliver being outed. If Roy goes down as the Arrow (since Quentin jumped the gun and went after him with no admissible evidence), I guess he'd also technically get "responsibility" for Oliver's kills, so Oliver could suit up again in S4 with a "clean slate" as far as law enforcement goes, I guess. Even though vigilantism is illegal and Oliver would be prime suspect #1 once he suited up again and people got wind of it. Then again, if he does something to get back in SCPD's good graces, maybe they'll start turning the other cheek again. 

There are only so many ways they can deal with Oliver's identity being revealed, I guess. 

Full spec mode: I'm starting to think all of those mopey tweets from Colton when we first started speculating Roy was gonna die might be connected to the Latino Review dude saying he's heard rumors of another character DC was pulling from Arrow. If they want Roy for Titans, they had to break it to the producers [who had to break it to Colton] around that time, so they could write him off.

• Love 6

John Barrowman MBE @Team_Barrowman

All #arrow fans jaws will drop and hit the floor at the end of Series 3 so there!!! JB

Not mine.  Just keeping Malcolm shows me that they are still making stupid creative decisions.  

• Love 4

What does killing Roy have to do with Tommy?

I commented in the wrong place. I was talking about MM. if they'll kill him, will they bring Tommy back? I dont see them kill MM and are not intended to bring Tommy at some point.

(edited)

Full spec mode: I'm starting to think all of those mopey tweets from Colton when we first started speculating Roy was gonna die might be connected to the Latino Review dude saying he's heard rumors of another character DC was pulling from Arrow. If they want Roy for Titans, they had to break it to the producers [who had to break it to Colton] around that time, so they could write him off.

that guy seemed to be implying a Red Hood and the Outlaws movie was pending, said they had a script. Granted having a script doesn't guarantee a movie and even if it did, seems a bit premature, unless the movie announcement was around the corner.

Of course this makes me wonder if it's true since Starfire was just announced for Titans.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Holy shit, I love Barrowman, but enough already.  Malcolm and Thea's storyline was talked up to the heavens but turned out to be boring, derivative, and good for neither character.  Can we consign Merlyn to the bottom of the sea in an iron-bound coffin if he won't stay dead?

• Love 10
(edited)

With JB apparently confirming he'll be back for season four, that's narrowing down our list of who's leaving this year. The past two seasons, Arrow has written out two series regulars both years (Colin Donnell and JB in season one, Susanna Thompson and Manu Bennett in season two). Now that's by no means a guarantee that they will this year. They might just write out one. They might write out none. But.....I think we're losing someone. And all signs, to me, point to Colton Haynes as the most likely suspect.

Barrowman wasn't a series regular in S1, he was a recurring character. So, 1 series regular in S1 (Colin), 2 series regulars in S2 (Manu & Susanna).

So that means 3 series regulars in S3. LOL

Edited by Morrigan2575

Hmmm would Sara and Maseo count for this year so we can keep Roy?

I would HOPE if they pull him for this reason - they would keep Colton in the part.  I believe there is a decent amount of talk about rather or not Titans would be in the same universe. If they want Roy/Red Arrow/Arsenal for Titans - I would hope they would use Colton or its definitely NOT the same universe and DC has lost its television edge over Marvel (in my eyes).

I had never read the This Is Your Sword lyrics, but man...I know it doesn't make up for the nonsense that was Act Ii, but I am sensing some over the top romantic swoony shit.

For who? I'd be down for Romantic swoony shit for Olicity and Theroy

• Love 3

Is 'This is your sword' the episode title? I've forgotten the significance.

Anyway, my brother just watched 311 and I only just noticed that the same 'Olicity' theme music (last played when he said "I love you" and kissed her forehead in 309) is playing as Tatsu says "I love you" and goodbye to Maseo before he returns to the LOA. Now I'm wondering if we'll get a similar parallel with Olicity in 320 - with Felicity telling Oliver she loves him just before he joins the league because they're bastards like that. Lol that episode is going to kill me.

Edited by Guest

CCcB2olWAAAtL6l.jpg

Ah!  All is clear now.  Oliver is marrying Ra's. 

If DC seriously pulls Roy from the show because some other show that isn't even in the same continuity wants to use him (movie or tv) I am seriously going to be pissed.  It's bad enough for side characters but to mess with an existing and already watched show with a vocal fan base makes zero sense and honestly would make me want to pour my money into Marvel's hands.   This is not how you build up loyalty among viewers.

• Love 5