Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Yes, he would have. So if that's actually Shado then he would've had to see her die again in Hong Kong or anytime before he got back to Starling. Otherwise he's a bigger idiot than I thought.

Which would just be S2 Sara all over again.  He told Laurel, Sara died on the boat because there was no point in admitting she lived past the Gambit so why bother telling them she made it to the Island just to die?  Same thing, he doesn't tell Slade, Shado was in Hong Kong after the Island because she died in HK and there's no point in bringing it up.

If that's really Shado and she's really brought back from LP or that Virus or whatever...it would just be another, oh I never mentioned there was a cure because the writers didn't think of it until just now situations, IMO.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

If it was a Lazarus Pit situation it wouldn't bother me so much, since there's not much point in telling people about something like that when a)  they probably wouldn't believe him and b) he can't have access to it anyway. And it is possible she was LPed since Oliver seemed to maybe already know it existed. But then he wouldn't have been surprised to see Sara still alive in S2, but then again continuity isn't very important to these people, so that might not matter. 

If whatever that virus thing is can bring people back to life/clone them then yeah, that's useful information, haha. 

Edited by apinknightmare

If that's really Shado and she's really brought back from LP or that Virus or whatever...it would just be another, oh I never mentioned there was a cure because the writers didn't think of it until just now situations, IMO.

Yeah, if it's really Shado, it feels like a major retcon that is happening because whoopsie, we regret killing this character that many people happened to like, so we're just going to wave our hands around, and now she's alive!  Honestly, I believe that if Colin Donnell was available, his ass would be back in the Land of the Living as well...they seem to regret killing him off based on how much he's shown up on Arrow since he died.

• Love 2

If Oliver knew of the LP because of Shado, why did he not recommend to use it on Tommy or Sara? I mean, Tommy I get but Nyssa could have put Sara into the pit if Oliver would have called and told her about it. 

Edited by Belinea

Yeah, if it's really Shado, it feels like a major retcon that is happening because whoopsie, we regret killing this character that many people happened to like, so we're just going to wave our hands around, and now she's alive!  Honestly, I believe that if Colin Donnell was available, his ass would be back in the Land of the Living as well...they seem to regret killing him off based on how much he's shown up on Arrow since he died.

Funny, I keep thinking that Tommy (and until the spin-off was announced) Sara were the Uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy of Arrow...never, ever, under any circumstances will these two ever be brought back to life in the main continuity....EVER!!!!  LOL

Sara still alive in S2,

Now I'm wondering if Sara was only alive BECAUSE she was LP'd when Nyssa first found her, and part of why she was crazy brassy with Ra's and was willing to say sure Assassins R Us join me up was because of that? And therefore her "death" in the The Calm was far less likely to take? And her being LP'd again more likely? I'm spitballing, I just want Sara back. Sara or Tommy. Heee. 

I was convinced it was Felicity who gonna in the Pit, but know I think its Sara or Laurel. Given SA comment at the Con about saving other woman or something, I take that to me he is going pretty far for someone he used to love. Sara or Laurel are the most obvious choices. Sara is going to the spin-off, they said we would find out in the Spring about her and I could see Oliver trading himself for her given the circumstances of her death. Laurel because she would require a warning for Olicity fans. KC wasn't filming much so she could be 'dead.' They said she would go pretty far in 3x19 so maybe she could die. 

• Love 2

I don't think Oliver would have to turn himself over to save Laurel now that Nyssa's going to train her. They'll become close and since she's a link to Sara and Nyssa will probably care for her, if she died or whatever, I'd think Nyssa would take care of that.

I would hope that Nyssa would take care of Laurel, if only for Sara's sake.

Oliver trying to save Laurel, after he screwed up saving Thea and pushed Felicity away, would just make him even more stupid this season. How much more of that can he take?

(edited)

Do we know if KL filmed for 3.20?

KL posted a picture of herself, her stunt woman and someone who was identified as SA's stunt man on Saturday 3/14.  So it's possible she was filming for 320 while the main cast was at Paleyfest.  Or it could have been an older picture that she just posted.  But my guess is she's in 318 and 320 at least, probably in 321-323

Edited by Morrigan2575

Until the show tells me otherwise (which it probably will next week) I'm going to guess the woman in Hong Kong is not Shado, it's just someone who either chosen because she happens to look like her or who was made up to look like her. By Waller. It has to be Waller, surely. Because in a city full of...well, a lot of people, there is no way Oliver runs into Shado or her identical twin by accident. 

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 2

I saw this in a twitter.

Once I saw Shado in the flashbacks, I immediately suspected that she's probably the female LOA member. As much as I loved Shado, I'm really hoping that this is her long-lost twin sister or a shapeshifter or something. If it's the Shado that died on the island in season 2, it would completely retcon the entirety of the second season and make the Oliver/Slade storyline even more unbearable to me than it already is. Also, I'm not really sure why I should be all torn up about a main character dying in episode 19 (?) when the writers are going to be resurrecting long-dead characters left and right at the end of this season. Why wouldn't the upcoming main character death get reversed, too?

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 6
But would killing Roy actually help with the issue of the bloated cast? 

Yeah I dont see how thats going to help when they are resurrecting characters from the dead, left and right. Whats left is confirmation that Tommy is alive too, and they almost always have an obligatory new DC character every season.

From MG's tumblr : (My laptop's acting funny and won't let me link)

loloblove said:  Will we get any interaction with Thea & Felicity this season? Does Thea know how her brother feels about Felicity?

Answer: Soon you will understand why I can't answer this question.

This makes my head explode.  Why? Why?  Under what circumstances does this make sense?

I figured the answer was yes and yes and he's just being dodgy.

Thea and Felicity sit next to each other at Digg's wedding, and I imagine Thea will pick up on Oliver giving Felicity agonized heart eyes.

Edited by apinknightmare

I figured the answer was yes and yes and he's just being dodgy.

Thea and Felicity sit next to each other at Digg's wedding, and I imagine Thea will pick up on Oliver giving Felicity agonized heart eyes.

This makes sense but usually he just says "keep watching" or something similar which is why it had me scratching my head.  I know WH & EBR were on the same set for 3.20 (EBR's Dungeons & Diggles picture in BTS).  I think TQ & MM on mission in 3.20 with O/D/F might be considered a spoiler since SA was trying to be coy in one of his questions regarding the trio.  There could be others going too but they aren't in the BTS photos. 

Edited by Sunshine

I mean...unless the stills were deliberately misleading, they do sit next to each other at the wedding. Can Thea not talk or something? is there some reason they'd sit next to each other and not talk?

Unless the wedding is a dream or some weird shit like that.

It is a weird answer though.

Edited by apinknightmare

It's a little strange though.  The couple of times Thea has been in the Foundry there has been no interaction whatsoever with Felicity, not even so much as a look of acknowledgement.  She thinks she's the hired help? (I don't mean that as anything negative about Thea.  It just seems strange to me.)

After last night's episode I do wonder if they are looking at doing something with Thea/Laurel/Nyssa. Laurel was bonding with both over daddy issues.

Edited by Sunshine

She was friendly enough when she brought drinks to the table Felicity, Roy and Cisco were sitting at in 3x08. I only remember her being in the lair once with Felicity and that was when Laurel was hallucinating or whatever. Not a good time for a chat. Was there another time? I can't remember.

• Love 1

Maybe not.  I guess I just half-expected a so you're part of this too somewhere in there.  I guess Thea had more important things on her mind. LOL!  It's not like Felicity ever spoke directly to her either.  They aren't in the Foundry at the same time much.

I took it more as he can't answer because it will be revealed that Thea has been noticing things. Offscreen, of course, because why would they show something like that onscreen?  I could be wrong, but I've been burned by other shows having important developments occur offscreen and I don't trust them not to say that Thea has known her brother was in love with Felicity all along or something. Maybe I'm still sad that we didn't get to see Diggle and Felicity talk about the Ra's Ollie Ghul offer and only heard about it after the fact.

Maybe Roy and Thea gossip about Oliver and Felicity now that they're back together. As much as I love Digg's not so secret shipping, Roy's seen some things too and I'd like to hear his opinion. I do think it's hilarious that Roy and Diggle exit stage left every time Olicity decide to get their flirt on. 

• Love 3

Thea and Felicity are rarely in the same place at the same time, and when they are I think they've been friendly. I only remember Thea in the foundry 3 times. 1. Oliver is arrow reveal; 2. Laurel OD, in which OQ kicked her out; 3. Surrendering herself to Nyssa. So there hasn't been any opportunity to have them actually talk. Unlike LL, Thea never met Felicity until she started working with him at QC, so them seeking each other outside of the foundry just wouldn't make organic or logical sense. Hopefully that will all change now that it seems Thea will be integrated more into the TA & NP story lines. It will be interesting to see what her response to her brother's feelings are. She was good in s1 about making her brother see that he needed to let other people in. She seems to be able to get him to connect back to his human side. Both in the flashbacks & in the present, Thea seems to be one of the major links to Oliver Queens physical & emotional survival. So maybe she'll be the influence he needs to finally decide that its ok to be Oliver and to be with Felicity. Or maybe Thea might also be the truth tea bearer to Felicity as well. Thea does seem to get the best one-liner truth zingers of the Arrow crew.

• Love 1

Unlike LL, Thea never met Felicity until she started working with him at QC, so them seeking each other outside of the foundry just wouldn't make organic or logical sense. 

I don't disagree, but I just have a small correction. Thea actually met Felicity (or was at least introduced to her) in Season One, before Oliver worked at QC. Oliver even introduced her as his friend, which was adorable. Thea was probably too preoccupied with Walter's (I miss you, Walter!) recovery to pay any attention to Oliver's adorable "she's my friend" declaration (did I mention how adorable it was?) and Walter's equally adorable "she's my friend too," so your point still stands.

• Love 6

It's a little strange though.  The couple of times Thea has been in the Foundry there has been no interaction whatsoever with Felicity, not even so much as a look of acknowledgement.  She thinks she's the hired help? (I don't mean that as anything negative about Thea.  It just seems strange to me.)

After last night's episode I do wonder if they are looking at doing something with Thea/Laurel/Nyssa. Laurel was bonding with both over daddy issues.

Felicity has Dad issues. The funny thing is I suspect Laurels is the lamest of all 4 cause she's the reason her and her father have issues. Thea and Nyssa have murdering Pyschopaths for Dads and there is a really good Chance IMO Felictity has one too

Yet Again MG is at it 321 is "Probably not" Good for Olicity fans. I don't understand why we need the Yo-yoing with them it's kinda Exhausting

• Love 3

Yet Again MG is at it 321 is "Probably not" Good for Olicity fans. I don't understand why we need the Yo-yoing with them it's kinda Exhausting

It depends on what's happening in 3x21. Given the title of the episode, it seems like Oliver's joining the League for some reason. So yeah, that probably isn't good by virtue of the fact that Oliver's going in with some assassins, so it might not specifically have anything to do with Oliver and Felicity as a couple. Although it could, given Ra's knows about Felicity and will probably go after her at some point. 

• Love 1

OK, here's my current speculation based on spoilery clues (if I'm matching the clues to episodes correctly)...

In 3x19 Laurel saves Oliver's life out in the field but is killed in the process (Laurel goes pretty far for Oliver in 3x19).  Oliver agrees to become the new Ra's in exchange for Ra's agreeing to bring Laurel back to life via the LP (Oliver loves Felicity but that doesn't mean there aren't other women he'll save).  In 3x20 Oliver, Diggle, Felicity, Thea and Nyssa take Laurel's body to Nanda Parbat.  On the jet, Oliver and Felicity confess their feelings for each other, but agree to separate for plot reasons (3x20 will be both extremely good and extremely bad for Olicity).  Oliver, Thea, Nyssa and the resurrected Laurel stay in Nanda Parbat, while Diggle and Felicity return to Starling City (Olicity fans will not be happy with 3x21).

• Love 3
(edited)

Oliver, Thea, Nyssa and the resurrected Laurel stay in Nanda Parbat, while Diggle and Felicity return to Starling City (Olicity fans will not be happy with 3x21).

They're all back in SC at some point since Canadagraphs caught SA, EBR, DR, KC & Karl Yune filming last night (321). If not in SC then they're all together somewhere.

There was also an additional BTS pictures of DR and KC in a van, filming for 321 (according to DR) with KC as Black Canary.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I was wondering about the van shot with DR and KC because if LL was resurrected, I can't imagine they wouldn't miss the chance to make her go coo-coo for cocoa puffs. It doesn't seem likely they would let a crazy LL suit up (insert your own joke there if you like). Unless they are trolling a bit and the shot isn't from 3x21. 

If they do go with Laurel as the resurrected party to turn Oliver into Ra's, I think it would be shocking because they have and are continuing to underline the importance of Thea and Felicity. Diggle too, but they like to go for the female characters.

I'd be a little mad at the least if Oliver becomes Ra's Ah ghul for fucking Laurel. We have flat out seen that Thea and Felicity are his biggest weaknesses. And MG is fucking high if he seriously thinks Majority of fans would be okay with only Thea and Laurel accompanying him to Nanda Parbat.

• Love 2

I'd be a little mad at the least if Oliver becomes Ra's Ah ghul for fucking Laurel. We have flat out seen that Thea and Felicity are his biggest weaknesses. And MG is fucking high if he seriously thinks Majority of fans would be okay with only Thea and Laurel accompanying him to Nanda Parbat.

Based on BTS photos, seems like Diggle, Felicity, Thea, and Malcolm go with him to Nanda Parbat. Maybe Laurel, but it's possible she stays behind in Starling City and just sees them off at the airport. 

It depends on what's happening in 3x21. Given the title of the episode, it seems like Oliver's joining the League for some reason. So yeah, that probably isn't good by virtue of the fact that Oliver's going in with some assassins, so it might not specifically have anything to do with Oliver and Felicity as a couple. Although it could, given Ra's knows about Felicity and will probably go after her at some point.

Now that I think about more I could see Oliver and Felicity declare their love than Mutally part ways for the time being cause Felicity has been targeted and Oliver wants to protect her by trying to get Ra's off her back not saying it would work

Based on BTS photos, seems like Diggle, Felicity, Thea, and Malcolm go with him to Nanda Parbat. Maybe Laurel, but it's possible she stays behind in Starling City and just sees them off at the airport.

I'd be down with Nyssa staying with Laurel in SC to continue training her and help keep SC safe while Oliver Diggle Felicity Thea and Malcolm go to Nanda Parbat. Wonder Boy Ray would likely stick around in SC as well

Morrigan2575 has pointed out the reasons why my theory is untenable.  I had latched onto that theory because it would explain why Laurel isn't in the pics of the group going to Nanda Parbat.  She'd be a dead body in a box to be resurrected via the LP.  But now I don't know who's going where and why...

Edited by tv echo

I would be really surprised if Laurel's death was the impetus for Oliver turning himself over to Ra's for use of the Lazarus Pit, and it's not because I think that Oliver doesn't care about her or love her enough to give himself up to save her life. He's lost so many people I absolutely believe he would do that. But if going after/killing people Oliver loves is Ra's way of punishing him/getting him to submit (which of course it will), then there really isn't anything in the narrative this season to suggest that Laurel would be the key to doing any of that. Thea or Felicity or Diggle would. Maybe Roy, but I'm not so sure. 

If it is for some reason Laurel, they really need to be careful about how they have her "die." She needs training, it's been mentioned several times, so if she gets mortally injured while she's out Black Canarying after being told by more experienced fighters that she needs to learn more, there could be some issues there. And if she's just the victim of some accident or blowback from a targeted attack (like standing too close to an explosion or something of the like), the "randomness" of it takes some of the emotional punch out of Oliver turning himself in to save her. 

I don't think it'll be her, honestly. I think she's missing from most of the shots because she doesn't go with them to Nanda Parbat - maybe she stays in town with Ray to keep things "safe," and they just don't show much of SC in 3x20. It would make some sense, since as of now Laurel's still carrying her suit around in a briefcase, so it doesn't seem like she could be tied to whatever gets found in the lair when SCPD raids it, and even though she's been caught on camera working with the Arrow, what she could be charged with is probably minimal compared to the others. And she's Quentin's daughter so he'd probably try to keep her out of the fray. Ray's probably in the clear since he gives money to the SCPD. 

Or something, because it probably won't pan out this way, haha. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

They're all back in SC at some point since Canadagraphs caught SA, EBR, DR, KC & Karl Yune filming last night (321). If not in SC then they're all together somewhere.

There was also an additional BTS pictures of DR and KC in a van, filming for 321 (according to DR) with KC as Black Canary.

No CH?  this means Roy dead?

if they will not use LP with Roy, who will use?

Edited by Morena

I would be really surprised if Laurel's death was the impetus for Oliver turning himself over to Ra's for use of the Lazarus Pit, and it's not because I think that Oliver doesn't care about her or love her enough to give himself up to save her life. He's lost so many people I absolutely believe he would do that. But if going after/killing people Oliver loves is Ra's way of punishing him/getting him to submit (which of course it will), then there really isn't anything in the narrative this season to suggest that Laurel would be the key to doing any of that. Thea or Felicity or Diggle would. Maybe Roy, but I'm not so sure.

If is LL, I think Oliver could do that because he cares LL, but mainly for Quentim. He lost a daughter and now lost the only child alive?

Edited by Morena
  • Love 1

I don't disagree, but I just have a small correction. Thea actually met Felicity (or was at least introduced to her) in Season One, before Oliver worked at QC. Oliver even introduced her as his friend, which was adorable. Thea was probably too preoccupied with Walter's (I miss you, Walter!) recovery to pay any attention to Oliver's adorable "she's my friend" declaration (did I mention how adorable it was?) and Walter's equally adorable "she's my friend too," so your point still stands.

You're right, completely forgot, sorry! Writers probably did too, they tend to have selective memory about stuff esp Walter :( . Thea was very preoccupied w/ Walter's return, so she might not immediately remember. But now that she may be spending more time with Roy & likely more time in the foundry since MM is hanging out in her apt - I think it is only a matter of time before starts to put together the pieces and maybe that first meeting will be one of the pieces.

OK, here's my current speculation based on spoilery clues (if I'm matching the clues to episodes correctly)...

In 3x19 Laurel saves Oliver's life out in the field but is killed in the process (Laurel goes pretty far for Oliver in 3x19).  Oliver agrees to become the new Ra's in exchange for Ra's agreeing to bring Laurel back to life via the LP (Oliver loves Felicity but that doesn't mean there aren't other women he'll save).  In 3x20 Oliver, Diggle, Felicity, Thea and Nyssa take Laurel's body to Nanda Parbat.  On the jet, Oliver and Felicity confess their feelings for each other, but agree to separate for plot reasons (3x20 will be both extremely good and extremely bad for Olicity).  Oliver, Thea, Nyssa and the resurrected Laurel stay in Nanda Parbat, while Diggle and Felicity return to Starling City (Olicity fans will not be happy with 3x21).

The only person I see the show using the Lazarus Pit on is Sara, not Laurel. Which is why TPTB say we will learn how Sara comes back in May.

• Love 1

No CH?  this means Roy dead?

if they will not use LP with Roy, who will use?

If is LL, I think Oliver could do that because he cares LL, but mainly for Quentim. He lost a daughter and now lost the only child alive?

really think that CH is the one dying.  He hasn't been spotted much during filming, and his tweets mentioning Arrow seem like he's trying to convince us that he's been working, but I'm not buying it.  One of the pictures that he tweeted (where he was supposedly back at work) was from an older episode.  Yeah, I think he's a goner.  I think Sara is coming back via LP, but I'm not sure who else they will use it on.

At Payley Fest, SA mentioned that if Emily is ever showing off her shoulders, they have to put a scar on there from her bullet wound.  Is it too optimistic of me to wonder if he mentioned that because her bare shoulder are something that he's seen very recently??

• Love 1

Shouldn't we have gotten an episode summary for 319 Broken Arrow yesterday? I thought they were usually released Wednesday or Thursday three weeks before the episode airs.

ETA: Never mind. Apparently 319 doesn't air until 4/15. And there's a break between 318 and 319. I knew there had to be one more week off somewhere. So we'll have 316-318, a week off on 4/8, and then 319-323 will air uninterrupted until the finale. Same pattern as last year. There was a week off after 218 Deathstroke, and then the last five episodes aired uninterrupted.

Edited by Starfish35

really think that CH is the one dying.  He hasn't been spotted much during filming, and his tweets mentioning Arrow seem like he's trying to convince us that he's been working, but I'm not buying it.  One of the pictures that he tweeted (where he was supposedly back at work) was from an older episode.  Yeah, I think he's a goner.  I think Sara is coming back via LP, but I'm not sure who else they will use it on.

At Payley Fest, SA mentioned that if Emily is ever showing off her shoulders, they have to put a scar on there from her bullet wound.  Is it too optimistic of me to wonder if he mentioned that because her bare shoulder are something that he's seen very recently??

but if they will not use LP with Roy, who will use?

Yeah, I knew from other spoilers that Palmer wasn't a goner but they(PR) were using words like critically injured and mortally wounded.  I guess maybe his pride took a hit!

Edited by Sunshine

In those stills of Mama Smoak posted for 3x18, Ray doesn't look all that injured? He's even smiling as the doctor checks him out - unless that's just his creepy resting face. 

Seriously. How "critically injured" can he be?

In any event, as soon as I saw those pictures, I burst out laughing at Donna's dress. I love that the writers and wardrobe are playing up her Vegas background. Charlotte Ross looks smoking hot! (Or smoaking hot, if you prefer.)

• Love 6