Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Lol, Laurel will never die. She's the only safe one on this show, which is ironic because it's supposed to be about Oliver and the Arrow. Seriously, she's like the cockroach after nuclear disaster, still there and still moaning about how everyone leaves her.

Woah. I'm feeling bitter today. Sorry. But the sentiment still stands. Laurel is going nowhere. It's hopeless to wish otherwise. 

I used to think Felicity and Diggle were safe too but I'm not sure about that either. But this season it does look like either Roy or Quentin are going to bite the bullet. Shame.

(edited)
Roy seems to have the biggest target on his back. His death could be a way to jumpstart Thea's journey towards the mask and help cut down the number of permanent costumed heroes on the show/people in the foundry. He was never my favorite but I'd be bummed if he leaves.

Thea killed Sara, due to Malcolm manipulating her of course, I would think that was enough motivation for her to seek the mask.  

I suppose its possible Roy leaves starling, no longer able to deal with his guilt over cop or something . . . Perhaps he and Ray leave together for spinoff land?

Highly unlikely. No way would they have Roy Harper, the oldest Green Arrow supporting cast member, leave a Green Arrow show to be in some random team up spin off. Maybe in like the 10th season of Arrow or something, then they might be able to release him then.

Edited by Conell

They are just making Thea's mask now; it doesn't make sense to be shooting the episode where she dies.

I can see that losing Barrowman would affect SA and CH but Malcolm's really past his Best Before date now.

I'm thinking they are letting these posts happen as a way to prepare the more hard core fans, the ones that are probably hanging on by their fingernails.  By letting us guess and speculate, when the actual even happens a number of us will probably have already spent our rage and have moved toward not indifference but it at least being expected and them being fans of the Dark Knight, the Joker did point out that as long as things happened according to plan - even if the plan was horrible like Ray and Felicity doing the lunge - then people will shrug and move along so if they want to avoid a lot of really angry posts concentrated all at once, the way to do that is let us figure it out for ourselves.

This is what worries me, that they know the hardcore fans are going to hate this development and are trying to mitigate the backlash.

It seems kind of stupid to me though to do something yet again that is going to piss off more fans, after killing Sara, the mess in the plotting and the reactions with Laurel and Raylicity.  Anger the audience enough and they move on to something else.

• Love 4

I believe @Quarks said a while ago that Colton has more followers on social media than anyone on the show so why would they kill him.

Because social media follows of actors do not equal viewers. It's not like Teen Wolf tanked in the ratings after he left. The ratings grew.

(edited)
Killing Roy is a waste. He has so much story left unexplored. If you kill him now, then what was the point of him?

ITA

Roy is loyal even if he butts heads with someone else. He's generally not overly angsty and he's just nice. I like having a 100% nice person in the lair who isn't quirky or goofy. IMO he's probably the most normal person to don a mask because he's not as smart as Felicity, he's not a political as Oliver, he's not crazy anymore, and he's come from a tough life that he wanted to make something better of.

Thumbs up. You definitely get him. 

Emotionally Roy's death would hit Thea, but the bigger boost goes to Laurel.  Her whole existence is propped up on corpses.

I really don't see what she has to do with Roy and vice versa.

Edited by Conell

Because social media follows of actors do not equal viewers. It's not like Teen Wolf tanked in the ratings after he left. The ratings grew.

Lol cause his Character Jackson was a pompous douche bag asshat who you just wanted to punch lol

• Love 1

Maybe they are just really upset about losing the Foundry… lol

It's the fern that dies :(

it would be hilarious if this was about the Foundry or *gasp* Sally!

My progression of thoughts exactly... Imagine the slow mourning shots of a destroyed Sally and a withering fern in ashes. Its almost too much to bear.... RIP foundry. At least they have more budget available for those LED suit lights now that they don't have to poorly light the nightclub/foundry.

(edited)

My progression of thoughts exactly... Imagine the slow mourning shots of a destroyed Sally and a withering fern in ashes. Its almost too much to bear.... RIP foundry. At least they have more budget available for those LED suit lights now that they don't have to poorly light the nightclub/foundry.

Oliver's new lair will just be on an empty soundstage, or perhaps in the parking lot outside. Need all that set money for neon piping and LEDs, now that The Atom is in the house. Hell, they'll probably have Oliver give up using the bow, seeing as the arrows are put in with CGI. No spare cash for that, it's a plain old stick for you, Oliver. Ray needs to fly!

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 2

I fear the show will do A flashback/ present parallel with Oliver having to watch a "kid" die. Both Oliver and The Arrow will be shattered. I can feel and fear that parallel coming....

IMO, I think they are trying to drum up some buzz for the show. But it does seem like someone might be taking a long hiatus from the show.

Im over people dying just to motivate other people on Arrow. If someone is leaving the show, I hope they do it in a non-lethal fashion. Perhaps Roy will confess or be captured for the murder of the cop and ha can get shipped off to jail. That way he is off the show, but they can bring him back later without fb or visions.

It would also be nice to see someone find motivation to help people and be a hero without needing to experience the death of a loved one.

QL has been on deathwatch since the whole heart thing, but they dont really need to kill him to marginalize him from the storyline - they've already cut most of his screentime. But I could see him taking a step back from SC, perhaps he moves to a different city or retires. They could reduce him to recurring or guest spots. I just don't feel that his death is necessary to accomplish removing him from the plotlines. His death would advance LL journey to hero, but its not her motivation thats lacking its her skill, they would be wise to focus on that instead & her train up on her own without needing to kill QL.

Someone tweeted Sebastian Roche about playing Felicity's dad. And he responded with a Thanks for the vote of confidence. Can I second that nomination? But they have to make Felicity's dad a big deal if they get him.

• Love 6

Lol cause his Character Jackson was a pompous douche bag asshat who you just wanted to punch lol

Heh. Yeah, but that character made him popular for whatever reason. I guess teen girls just loved looking at him.

(edited)

Sara wasn't motivated by the death of a loved one. That's probably why she had to die, she didn't fit their theme of the only reason people become heroes. 

Arrow should take a note from Teen Wolf. They

killed off their female lead. I know the actress wanted to leave but

that was a truly shocking moment for me that most shows haven't been able to do by keep killing off or pretending to kill off characters. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5

Sebastian Rocke gets my vote for Felicity's father.  He does charming and creepy at the same time so well.

I really don't see what she has to do with Roy and vice versa.

Roy is a better fighter and better Team addition than Laurel.  You can't have Arsenal showing up the Black Canary.

Dear EPs, I don't need Oliver's suit to be all shiny and light up.  I need the writing to be good and the characters valued as more than motivation-bait.

Yours sincerely,

statsgirl.

• Love 6

What the EP's don't seem to get is that shocking death does not automatically equal good television. Yes, it is very possible to kill off a character in a sudden and shocking way which gets people talking and elevates the story you're telling, but just because you blindside viewers doesn't mean they're going to love you for it. In comics death is meaningless. It's a vacation where characters come back with new or better powers/skills. That doesn't really work in television. If the only thing you can think of to do with a character is to kill them off, it's either a bad character or bad direction.

• Love 6

I was joking about the LED lights on the suit before. I think that is definitely SA just messing with everyone. There is no reason they would put those lights on the suit. It sorta looks like he just stole parts of BR's costume to make a funny post, esp after his joking remarks in his FB video. I dont think that is part of any new costume that is being spoiled or rumored.

• Love 1
(edited)
Roy is a better fighter and better Team addition than Laurel.  You can't have Arsenal showing up the Black Canary.

But then they would have to kill Thea too, since the girl has actually got some mad skills too. I somehow doubt they are concerned about that but hey who knows for sure.

Edited by Conell
(edited)

I know we were joking about the cast mourning the destruction of the Foundry and the death of LoveFern and Sally, but if they blow up the Foundry we really are probably going to lose both Sally and LoveFern!  :(

I suppose we could get Sally 2.0 (the new improve version inspired by the original Sally) and if we are extra lucky a little dancing frond that survived from the original LoveFern. 

But then they would have to kill Thea to, o since the girl has actually got some mad skills too. I somehow doubt they are concerned about that.

But she's never worked with Oliver in an official capacity and therefore could only join the team after Laurel so Thea would have at least less experience and history with crime fighting.  It's a perception game.  Roy came before Buckles.  Thea would come after and TPTB could do something in the meantime to boost Buckles skill set or in reverse, do something to stunt Thea's ability (like loosing confidence or something)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have a serious question here: The writers have made it clear that Laurel was always destined for the mask given her comic book history, and no matter how bad fan reception is to her she seems to be safe. With Roy under suspicion of dying even though he has a comic book destiny of his own, what makes Laurel's comic book destiny more important than Roy's? Why kill off Roy instead of the shows most hated character Laurel? Whats so special about Katie Cassidy that they want her around so badly?

I know its not confirmed that its Roy that dies. But given the picture SA posted and CH's tweets.... They are going to kill every character that has more relevance than Laurel, aren't they? Pretty soon it'll just be SA and KC left, until SA is killed off and the show is renamed Canary.

Edited by Lord Kira
  • Love 6
But she's never worked with Oliver in an official capacity and therefore could only join the team after Laurel so Thea would have at least lest experience and history with crime fighting.  It's a perception game.

OK this point I get.

Is it possible that Titans trumps Arrow in the tv show totem, and they want to add a different version of Roy? And then DC told Arrow to dump Roy?

Not trying to excuse Arrow for always killing for motivation, but trying to think about the business side of killing Arsenal in a Green Arrow property.

• Love 2
(edited)

Is it possible that Titans trumps Arrow in the tv show totem, and they want to add a different version of Roy? And then DC told Arrow to dump Roy?

I was actually thinking about that this morning. I almost posted something about it.

Also, even though Roy is a canon character, Thea came first, and I've heard that adding Roy was a network request. They may see this as getting back to their original vision.

The other thing that has occurred to me is that maybe they were intending to kill Diggle instead and the network told them no. That's wild speculation on my part of course, but there has seemed to be a little bit of foreshadowing of bad things for Diggle.

ETA: This is obviously all based on the assumption that they are actually in fact killing Roy off, which I know is far from confirmed at this point.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

They are introducing a Villian for next season in the season finale? Oh Boy I have a possible Prediction: Oliver and Felicity hook up then one of them is kidnapped, so the show has a cliffhanger and MG gets to screw over fans and force them to spend money on comics so we can find out what happens

• Love 1

MG said they were planning a series of 3.5 comics, so that's already happening. 

Although hopefully if someone gets kidnapped as a cliffhanger, they'll actually put the resolution in the show although I'm not counting on anything from these people at this point.

MG said they were planning a series of 3.5 comics, so that's already happening. 

Although hopefully if someone gets kidnapped as a cliffhanger, they'll actually put the resolution in the show although I'm not counting on anything from these people at this point.

I'm not either

(edited)

With the way all of them had been trolling a possible death scene i am almost sure it isnt happening in 3x19.

I'm thinking it's a non regular or a fake death. Honestly, when have they given a major death away?

I think maybe there was a death watch right before the S1 finale. But certainly not, 6 weeks before the episode aired.

Edited by Morrigan2575

It could be a Buffy S1 death. Someone dies then gets revived. I'm so over people dying on this show. It isn't The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones. Stop. Just stop killing people. What kind of inspirational super hero franchise is this? Who do I have to stalk (in a non-threatening way, you know, like Ray) at the CW to make this horrible nightmare end?

• Love 9

Plus, The Walking Dead kills off its suck characters.  Not every character that has died was hated (RIP Herschel forever, and I really dug Oscar), but every character who was hated has died.  Arrow seems to do the precise opposite.

• Love 8

Plus, The Walking Dead kills off its suck characters.  Not every character that has died was hated (RIP Herschel forever, and I really dug Oscar), but every character who was hated has died.  Arrow seems to do the precise opposite.

The Walking Dead has killed off unlikable characters(Shane, Lori, The Governor, Andrea) Characters that were Loved(Herschel) along with Characters in the middle. They have a nice balance so to speak

Yeah, I actually like most of the killings on The Walking Dead. Not that I have been cheering for anyone time die or anything (except for Shane. Lori, and The Gov), but at least they made sense, and they usually got to do something cool or emotional before dying.

Sara`s death was just lame. It clearly wasn't at all about her, and it just ended up throwing away a good character that the audience loved to provide angst and more plot points. 

If Roy or even Dig was killed, I could imagine them doing something like that, and it would be AWFUL!

• Love 1
(edited)

Naa They won't introduce Damian Wayne.. They can't use any of the Batman characters. plus Damian is but a child, while he is a far better fighter than bucklenary (and probably Oliver too), they won't use him.. unless they will age Maseo son, but i doubt it (pretty sure that kid is dead.. hey maybe that's the death scene?!)

naa let's examine what is written:

"The show’s Season 3 finale will introduce a major, formidable, fierce new foe for Oliver, and his reign of terror will continue well into Season 4."

I did some reading and one name came out as an option: Vandal Savage, I can't remember if he was already used.

it has to be a fairly minor DC character. cause i can't think of a more formidable villain for the Arrow (from the GA mythos) than Ra's or the dark archer. unless they're turning Thea evil and she's the villain next year. or they're resurrecting tommy.

Edited by foreverevolving
(edited)

Are they introducing the Big Bad for next season early because they are afraid the audience will be so angry at who they kill they will not want to watch after this season? Or maybe their resolution of this season's story line infuriates the fans?

Edited by BunsenBurner

Maybe Roy will be put in the Pit, and that's why they're being so spoilery about it now. Although the poor guy has already been mirakurued how much can he take?

Aha! That's what I was musing on...

It could be that Roy dies in 3x19, someone used the Lazarus Pit on him, and he returns as the villain for S4. Oliver will have to deal with losing his protégé and then, it turns out, he'll also have to face off against an evil version of Roy. "Damian Dark" could be a combination of Jason Todd/Red Hood and Damian Wayne who will serve as an adversary to Oliver next season. It is a problem, however, that Colton is still way too tiny to make it believable for him to beat SA in any fight--unless Oliver deliberately keeps holding back because it's Roy.

Ok so someone definitely dies in 319. What a depressing season this has been. I don't see the point. Unless they get put in the LP and it's all 'PSYCH! We told you someone died but we didn't say how long for oh we are sooooo clever!' Although that theory doesn't explain all the twitter/facebook stuff from SA and CH.

And what is it with this show and cliffhangers this season? Every episode has basically had some sort of cliffhanger and now the season finale will be one. Maybe they feel they need it because there won't be much else to tune in for otherwise.

(edited)

So I guess it's likely that Roy is dying,. I am still surprised that the cast and MG are spoiling a major character death so early. They didn't do this for Tommy, Moira or Sara. 

Edited by ban1o

So I guess it's likely that Roy is dying,. I am still surprised that the cast and MG are spoiling a major character death so early. They didn't do this for Tommy, Moira or Sara. 

Me too. Something is fishy about this. They never spoil a character death, do they? 

(edited)

They are going too big too fast, villain-wise.  Merlyn is Green Arrow's personal nemesis.  Deathstroke is a major badass in the comics, but they cut that back a good bit for the show, and he was also personal.  Ra's is just too big, and too impersonal to GA to be next, and Vandal Savage...I don't read comics but do watch the Justice League cartoons on Netflix (don't judge me) and Vandal Savage has nearly taken out the entire Justice League.  So what, Darkseid for S5?

On the happy side, for me, does this mean he won't end the season as the Demon's Head?  Or, crap, does he end the season totally in as Ra's and that lasts for quite awhile into S4?  That seems pretty repetitive of S3, but Guggie sucks, so who knows.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

If this does link to H.I.V.E. and finally gives Diggle some screen time I might even tune in for s4. 

Also, we are taking what was written very literal, in terms of villain name. remember: none of the characters introduced this season were named after their comic book characters in the casting sheet. so this character name will probably not even be named Damian. we really need the casting sheet info to have a bit more info to be able to weed through the DC villains.

I'm still not holding my breath for Diggle to get any real time.  If it's a "major formidable foe for Oliver and his reign of terror will continue into season 4",  it's doubtful it will be someone for Diggle from HIVE.

If someone dies only to be revived by the Lazarus Pit, why all the sadness in the tweets and photos?

I know it's typical MG to troll like that. I wonder if he was expecting all the "let it be Laurel" tweets he got back?