Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I don't think Thea is the one who turns in Malcolm. I think its Laurel. She probably tells Nyssa when they talk about Lance. Why would Oliver try and save Malcolm for Thea if Thea is the one who did it in the first place? 

The summary didn't say that Oliver was going to save Malcolm for Thea, it said that because of his love for Thea, Oliver considered saving Malcolm. Which would make sense if he was concerned about Malcolm showing Ra's that video. And Thea doesn't know there's a video, so she could very well turn Malcolm in (at the behest of Laurel, maybe) thinking she's doing the right thing, not knowing that there's incriminating evidence against her. 

Although, since Ra's already wanted Malcolm because of the Undertaking, once he has him, wouldn't he be as good as dead anyway? He'd have no reason to tell Ra's Thea murdered Sara except for to save his own ass, but would Ra's really let him go for killing 503 people to find out who killed Sara, who he didn't seem to care that much about anyway? 

I wish this season would just end already. 

Totally with you. This season has been a total mess. I want to get into a hot tub time machine just and take a peek at May so I'd know if I should waste any more time with live viewing or just come back for the last 3 eps of the season.

• Love 5

But how is there time for Laurel to find out about Malcolm, forgive Thea, and call Ra's (how would she know how to get hold of him since Sara was the one who always called her?) and have the LoA pick up Malcolm and take him away by early in the episode?

Posters at sites like E!Now and TV Line are happy that Laurel is now the BC and can finally get her story going.

I have Star Trek: Voyager playing in the background and in the episode Janeway makes an alliance with the Borg as a means to an end. One of the arguments used against this play is the Scorpion & Fox parable. Malcolm is totally the Scorpion.

Also known as the Scorpion and the Turtle, or the Scorpion and the Frog.  I asked MG about it a few eps ago but of course he didn't answer.  In all of this mess of a season, it's the one prediction I think will come true, that Malcolm is the Scorpion and won't be changing his nature.  Unfortunately they're making Oliver too stupid to be real to pull it off.

Add to your list Maseo and Katana who's story is interesting now but still feels shoved into plots and underdeveloped.

Ironically, Maseo and Tatsu are some of the best parts of this season.  I wouldn't mind actually having more of their story.

Sometimes I think Tatsu will show up and be the one to teach Laurel because that makes more sense than Nyssa doing it, so it's not going to happen. And it certainly won't be Thea, even though she's better at fighting now than Laurel is because Laurel can't be lower status than Thea.

I don't know what's going to happen about Laurel/BC after this arc, but I'm dreading it.

• Love 1

But how is there time for Laurel to find out about Malcolm, forgive Thea, and call Ra's (how would she know how to get hold of him since Sara was the one who always called her?) and have the LoA pick up Malcolm and take him away by early in the episode?

I think it'd take all of two minutes, if that. Thea goes to Laurel, tells her what's up and gives her a heartfelt apology. Laurel's immediate reaction is forgiveness, then she calls up Nyssa who comes to town and picks Malcolm up for dear ol' dad. 

Well, it would be a surprising reaction to Laurel finding out who killed Sara, I'll give them that.

And then Oliver can try to save Malcolm because he knows about the tape and Thea and Laurel don't.

On the other hand, the argument against Sara being the BC is because she's a killer and so has no light. What would this make Laurel?  The Justice You Can't Run From?

Edited by statsgirl

The Stupid, It Hurts might actually be the tag line for this season.

Althought the only explanation for Oliver trying to save MM is if he's afraid Malcolm will show Ra's the video.  (Too bad Ra's was all "whatever, Sara's dead" in ep 4.)  Should have asked Felicity to scrub those recordings when you had the chance, Oliver.

I don't think they can make Laurel go bad at this point and survive the loss of viewers.  Besides the viewers who originally wanted Laurel to be BC right away, and still think GA/BC is endgame romantically, I think substantial number are happy that Laurel finally has a purpose on the show, and see her more sympathetically as she's dealing with Sara's death.

I think they would lose more viewers if Diggle and/Or Felicity died than Laurel but it's all speculation

but it's all speculation

Looks like there was a big ole detour from actually Spoilers this afternoon, and it drove right into Speculation and Bitterness issues.

Folks, a reminder - this is for discussion of Spoilers. Things that there are some actual information backing it up. Not to rehash what's gone wrong so far this season, or to speculate on what you think might happen, based on nothing whatsoever.

We will leave posts before this here, but going forward, if your post is mostly something OTHER than Spoiler discussion, it may disappear without explanation.

• Love 1

Based on the spoiler pics of Roy in Arrow costume being arrested by Quentin, I'm wondering if Roy is going to leave the show after this season?  The Arrowcave is getting too crowded and Roy doesn't really have a storyline.  His romance with Thea is pretty much dead.  Is he just going to stand around the Arrowcave and occasionally go out to fight next season?  So maybe Roy takes the fall for Oliver and goes to prison or escapes and leaves Starling City.

Aha! Because I have mad-amazing persistent Google skillz, I've finally figured out what's up with that photo of Willa with a blonde bob cut! It is totally not a spoiler. Just a jokey thing. I've been following its trail and it led me to the answer to the mystery in the form of an instagram post by Willa from November 2013. Yay, productivity!

In other spoilery speculation news, I'm expecting that 3x17 is when we'll get Thea's version of "I see the way you look at her" to Oliver about Felicity. Maybe even get him to realize that if he just keeps looking at her longingly and doesn't actually do anything, he'll lose her. I think Thea'll definitely notice Oliver's heart-eyes, particularly if Felicity is, indeed, sitting next to or near her during Digg and Lyla's wedding. I mean, it was probably the cast goofing off when they kept posting those BTS pics during filming but, WH sitting next to EBR is something I'll take as hope for possible Thea/Felicity interactions.

• Love 5

Aha! Because I have mad-amazing persistent Google skillz, I've finally figured out what's up with that photo of Willa with a blonde bob cut! It is totally not a spoiler. Just a jokey thing. I've been following its trail and it led me to the answer to the mystery in the form of an instagram post by Willa from November 2013. Yay, productivity!

I appreciate your efforts :)  And about the rest of your post, yeah, I've been waiting for Thea to say something, I'd say it's about time :)

• Love 2

Diggle's said lots, Roy has indicated he knows, Laurel hinted at it to Oliver, Slade just menaced it and still Oliver does nothing.  Now we have to wait for Thea at the wedding to say something too, probably as Felicity catches the bouquet?

Is this show being written by 12 year old girls?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 8

Diggle's said lots, Roy has indicated he knows, Laurel hinted at it to Oliver, Slade just menaced it and still Oliver does nothing.  Now we have to wait for Thea at the wedding to say something too, probably as Felicity catches the bouquet?

Is this show being written by 12 year old girls?

Honestly, I'm not expecting that Oliver will have some kind of epiphany at the wedding, I'm kinda hoping he doesn't actually. (Though I have a feeling that's exactly how it'll go). But I'd like it very much if Thea said something to him, to Felicity, even to Diggle or Roy. Or the guy sitting in the peg behind her. We are over 60 episodes in the series and Thea has never acknowledged Felicity's existence yet, so whatever interaction is fine at this point.

And I really hope MG was kidding about the bouquet. Please. Please let him be kidding.

• Love 2

I don't think MG is kidding about the bouquet.  It's the sort of thing he'd think would send Olicity shippers squealing while he continues Oliver's manpain like the flashback in The Return.

As Robert Dougherty said in his review:

the first time Oliver saw Felicity wasn’t when she was chewing a red pen – but his reaction to hearing her babbling for the first time is exactly the same as it was in episode 103. This serves as both a relief to the misery of Olictiy in modern times, and another reminder of how Arrow merely thinks throwing bones will do instead of actual progress and course correction.

At this point, the idea that everyone tells Oliver about his feelings for Felicity and he still does nothing has become a running joke.

• Love 2

From the Heartaches thread:

I'm sure Oliver will make himself available as a choice at some point after Felicity starts dating Ray.

The clock's running down on that though. We've got spoilers through 3x18 and he's still not doing it.  3x19 looks like a backdoor pilot for The Atom, so Oliver may do it then but it's doubtful.  Even something huge happens in 3x20 to make him change his mind, that doesn't give Felicity much time to decide.

From the Heartaches thread:

The clock's running down on that though. We've got spoilers through 3x18 and he's still not doing it.  3x19 looks like a backdoor pilot for The Atom, so Oliver may do it then but it's doubtful.  Even something huge happens in 3x20 to make him change his mind, that doesn't give Felicity much time to decide.

For all we know he could tell her he was wrong and he wants to be with her the second he finds out they're dating. I mean, it seems like they aren't together yet, but that doesn't mean that Oliver hasn't thrown his hat in the ring - I don't think Felicity would drop Ray the second Oliver said he wanted to be with her. She probably wouldn't even believe he's serious or that he won't change his mind. 

Disclaimer: I don't think Oliver will tell Felicity he wants to be with her the second he finds out she and Ray are dating. 

Edited by apinknightmare

It won't happen. The season will end with Felicity still with Ray, probably deciding to move on completely from Team Arrow and give her all to Ray. After a season of the writers piling nothing but misery onto Oliver Queen, and apparently revelling in it, they won't turn that around at the death.

For all we know he could tell her he was wrong and he wants to be with her the second he finds out they're dating. I mean, it seems like they aren't together yet, but that doesn't mean that Oliver hasn't thrown his hat in the ring - I don't think Felicity would drop Ray the second Oliver said he wanted to be with her. She probably wouldn't even believe he's serious or that he won't change his mind. 

Disclaimer: I don't think Oliver will tell Felicity he wants to be with her the second he finds out she and Ray are dating.

I dont think he will either Felicity will be dating Ray already(Ugh) then Oliver will tell her at Dyla wedding and like you said she won't think he's serious

So found this link on twitter. Its not confirmed spoiler, more like well researched speculation. Put it all in the Spolier bubble, so as not to spoil anyone. But its about Thea and her possible journey. I liked the perspective it took. I do think its possible that this may happen. Looking at the comic image in it -- I wonder too, if SA BooYah was more of hint and not just him excited about taking down Slade again.

Edited by kismet

From the SPOILERS ONLY thread: 

SA: "He’s trying to live two lives at the moment and it’s not working. Can’t figure out if he wants the Oliver Queen thing or the Arrow thing. Can’t figure it out.”

What? The only thing Oliver has tying him to Oliver is his relationship with Thea. The rest is all Arrow. He doesn't have any friends apart from his team, he has no family left apart from his sister. He doesn't have a job. He lives with Thea. He's not in a romantic relationship. He has no hobbies, does nothing fun. He's literally giving nothing up to be the Arrow. He has almost no life as Oliver Queen as-is. He hasn't since, like, fifteen minutes in The Calm. 

This is the worst identity crisis ever. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 20

LOL, I was just about to complain about that, but on the bitterness thread.

He's all Arrow except for Thea and even then he's Arrow because he's working with MM.  There's no conflict at all except for the occasional longing look at Felicity which he never, ever does anything to further.  He isn't even really friends-friends with Diggle any more.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

But..... but.... but... there's only one woman for him this season!

It will have to be a paper cup and turkey baster.

He'll propose this solution, but the League is old-fashioned, so...

Then we'll have a sad montage of Oliver being torn, pondering this life-altering decision. Meanwhile Nyssa is plotting her father's death..with Laurel!

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

So, this "twist"...I'm sure someone on this board has already predicted it. Bets are on! My money is on Ra's offering him to "provide" a heir. 

"Oh, hey, here's my daughter!"

Sadly, I could see these writers doing this, with the way that they seem to hate women.  Ugh, it's just so gross thinking of these writers coming up with a storyline where a man tries to force his daughter to be impregnated by some dude.  If they go this route, I see some angry tumblr rantings in MG's future.

So the "twist" is going to be Ra's recruiting Oliver to join the LoA, right? And he's going to accept?

So much for never leaving his city again.

Oliver is at Diggle's wedding in episode 17, so people were thinking that if it was this scenario, Oliver would refuse, but who knows anymore with the nonsensical storytelling happening this season.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 1

So, the outcome of the face-off is going to be the TWIST everyone's talking about? I guess it's an offer, considering the next episode is called The Offer. 

Possibilities:

1. He wants Oliver to join the League

2. He wants Oliver and Nyssa to procreate (which is especially gross since Nyssa is gay and of course this show would do that)

3. He offers to let them all off scot free if Oliver stays in Nanda Parbat

4. He offers to be Oliver's mentor (for what?)

5. He legit kills Oliver this time and "The Offer" is for use of the good ol' Lazarus Pit in exchange for something

6. Some other hot mess

So the "twist" is going to be Ra's recruiting Oliver to join the LoA, right? And he's going to accept?

So much for never leaving his city again.

I think whatever the offer is, Oliver must turn it down. He's got to do something to piss Ra's off in order for Ra's to come after him. Unless he does join and then reneges immediately after or something. I bet Nanda Parbat ends with Ra's offering Oliver League membership or whatever, and then in the next episode Oliver will consider it, and Nyssa and/or Maseo will help him escape to Starling City where they all work together to defeat the common enemy or whatever.

I just don't think Oliver actually joins the League at all considering he's in town for Diggle's wedding and for whatever goes on in 3x18. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Yeah I think it's just join the LoA as his successor/stay in Nanda Parbat, maybe this is why Lance really goes apeshit on him? He's allied himself with the organization that lead to Sara's murder?  Lord every time I start to try to figure it out I remember that I don't actually care, and stop, because I know it won't have any kind of resonance, or make sense so late in the game. 

Characters are gonna do what they are gonna do and none of it has to make any kind of logical sense. 

• Love 2

Here's one -- Ra's realizes how totally behind the times they are in Nanda Parbat and offers to let Oliver and Thea off the hook in exchange for Felicity setting up a modern network for them.

(This actually sense, it's never going to happen.)

I'm going to guess that Ra's will ask Oliver to possibly recruit and/or train new LoA member because sure, why not?      

True that Oliver didn't train with the League and doesn't know their training methods and since he's opposed to them he's really the last person who should be recruiting/training for the LoA but since Laurel took only 4 months of boxing lessons and a box of new nail polish to become the Black Canary, yeah, I could totally see it.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

Maybe he lets Oliver off if Thea stays in Nanda Parbat and joins the League. That gets rid of a character they've never quite figured out what to do with without killing her.

If he offers that, she doesn't take it. She's in SC for Diggle's wedding in 3x17.

I wonder if The Offer has nothing to do with a person. Maybe it ties into this virus that is going on in the flashbacks - Ra's wants it and Oliver has info on it. It would be very Batman Begins.

• Love 3

I wonder if The Offer has nothing to do with a person. Maybe it ties into this virus that is going on in the flashbacks - Ra's wants it and Oliver has info on it. It would be very Batman Begins.

Could be. I wonder what Ra's would want to do with that virus though? I thought the League's whole spiel was ridding the world of evil - would he want Oliver to get it from Waller or whomever has it now to destroy it or something? That seems very low-level for him, haha. 

Any chance Oliver is the one who is injuried in 3.18?

The next episode is called Broken Arrow. Maybe he is out of commision so he can sit back and watch Ray save the city from the meta-human.

I think 'Broken Arrow' is more metaphoric -- Oliver in jail, Lance after the gang.  If it were Oliver injured, Mama Smoak wouldn't be at the hospital.

If it's a rip-off of the Batman movies, that could well be it.  And maybe somehow it fails and that's when the bad things in 319 happen.

Since killing is a tool for Ra's, maybe he wants it in the same way God wanted to wipe out Sodom and Gomorrah.

Any chance Oliver is the one who is injuried in 3.18?

The next episode is called Broken Arrow. Maybe he is out of commision so he can sit back and watch Ray save the city from the meta-human.

Could be. MG's spoilers were that MS's scenes took place at a hospital and that Felicity was in the hospital for an injury (although he wouldn't say whose). But MS doesn't interact with anyone but Felicity - so maybe she'd come to support Felicity because she's upset. But then there's the spoiler that MS wouldn't interact with anyone but Felicity, so she'd either be in the hospital for another person's injury, or Oliver's in a coma and she can't talk to him, and no one like Thea or Diggle would come to visit him while she was there. IDK. It's tough to figure this one out.

I don't want to get hurt on this board, but could the game changer be The Atom (guided by Felicity) full on saving Oliver's ass in Nanda Parbat? Or at least distracting Ras enough that Oliver maims him and escapes with Diggle and Malcolm? That'd be a game changer that MG could think we would love...and would certainly set up the remainder of the season. Just a thought. Not saying I WANT this to happen. What was SA's stage reaction to 315? I know he said that him on his knees in front of Ras was one of his favorite upcoming scenes.

I'm starting to think that it's either Ray in the hospital, or the hospital thing is being sort of overblown altogether--and that Mama Smoak is just in town because they had a planned visit then, and they end up at the hospital for a fairly minor reason, and then shit goes down there, as others have suggested. If Felicity were seriously injured, it would be a bigger deal, and if Donna were sick or something, she wouldn't be in Starling.

And yeah, whatever The Offer is, it doesn't prevent Oliver from being in Starling, in public. So he either escapes with help from others, or he accepts some mission from Ra's, and he can be in Starling (at least part-time) to complete it. Not sure why Merlyn gets to ride his coattails back home, or why Oliver would even want that, since killing MM would make Thea safer, but whatev.

(Also, I think MG was kidding about the wedding bouquet, because if they were actually doing that, I don't think he'd spoil it.)

Edited by Carrie Ann