Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Good to see we're not the only ones puzzled by the buckles TLo are too. (X)

While CH's mask make him look like a Ninja Turtle, KC's lack of grease paint give her this permanently startled look in the 3.18 BTS shots. The open mouth doesn't help either.

• Love 2

So it looks like 318 might be Quentin going after Oliver Diggle Felicity Roy and Laurel hopefully. I'd like to see Laurel arrested by Quentin is that wrong lol. And if Quentin is the one Felicity stands up to its a waste she's already done it before MG Felicity standing up to Ra's all Ghul would be more impressive or Ray cause he acts like a Jerk about Oliver and the crew

Edited by jay741982

In one of those photos of Laurel on the Tom & Lorenzo website, she is clutching her neck.  I'm hoping that she's been hit with another tranq dart, but KC is probably just going for "surprised reaction."

I think she was just moving the wig out of her face and sliding her hand down. There were a few in another set that show her pushing the hair out of her eyes. 

I was wondering ab the shot too. Guess someone slicing her throat is too much? #sorrynotsorry. Man this show has made me an ugly person.

Ooh, going super dark here :)  Another show I watch just did that and it freaked me out, but it ended up being fake.  It's funny because Oliver is all "See ya!" with his body running in the opposite direction. 

Also, if Laurel is arrested, does that mean it's the end of her law career (not that they ever show her doing that anyways).  I'm guessing that in real life it would probably mean she's done for, but on this show, it probably means one more person to blackmail.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 2

Ooh, going super dark here :)  Another show I watch just did that and it freaked me out, but it ended up being fake.

JtV

? Because OMG. I screamed before I realized it was fake.

Also, after reading the most recent PB interview in the Spoilers thread, I'm pissed that we're going back to Quentin hating the Arrow. That was one of my least favorite aspects of Season 1, and I was really happy that the writers changed course in Season 2. I've loved the healthy respect they've had for each other in Season 3, so seeing it all blown to hell due to Laurel's poor decisionmaking skills makes me stabby.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 7

JtV

? Because OMG. I screamed before I realized it was fake.

Also, after reading the most recent PB interview in the Spoilers thread, I'm pissed that we're going back to Quentin hating the Arrow. That was one of my least favorite aspects of Season 1, and I was really happy that the writers changed course in Season 2. I've loved the healthy respect they've had for each other in Season 3, so seeing it all blown to hell due to Laurel's poor decisionmaking skills makes me stabby.

Yep it sounds like Quentin is gonna hunt them all does he know Dig works with the Arrow? He knows Roy, His stupid daughter, and Felicity do Edited by jay741982

I hope the spoiler I posted means that Laurel is leaving. pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls

They ramped up the Tommy scenes just before he died, and this time last season was all about Slade and Sara.  Yeah, I'm delusional but I'm hoping that's why the big emphasis on Laurel now.  If it's to make her co-lead of the show, count me out.

If in the season finale Felicity leaves for CC with Ray, count me out of season 4 altogether.

One the other hand, I like how Nanda Parbat looks. Does Thea contact the LoA? How does she do that if she is the one who tells them about Malcolm? Do they have a number you can call? Smoke signal? Or do they randomly pop up in SC and Thea just came across Nyssa and thought: "Oh, excuse me, good that you are here, do you have a moment? I have something that would interest you."?

Remember Moira contacted Ra's to tell him Malcolm was still alive and she's Moira's daughter. Maybe Moira's address book was in storage and Thea got Ra's that way.  Or maybe she followed Moira's steps.

My speculation is he means: PB, aka Detective Lance, has captured some things for the very last time, because Detective Lance is going to be killed off. What do you think? BTW, couldn't this be the real "game changer" that was announced for 3x18?

I agree with everyone else, killing Quentin is not a game changer because he's barely there.  Well maybe in the sense that it frees up Laurel to go full on Blackmail Canary and they would have to get someone else in the police department to help them (How is Mysteries of Laura doing?  Is Janina Gavrakis free?) but other than that, nothing different.

I'm also becoming increasingly convinced that Felicity is going to be joining the Flash.  I just feel like the way she and Dig have been marginalized and most of her big story points are in the Flash.  Dig might even be killed off.  Then it just becomes Oliver, Laurel, Roy and Thea as TA.

The Flash is already too busy, and Caitlyn's there for basically provide Felicity's role.  I think there's already an anti-Felicity feeling among the Flash's audience because they want more Iris, and I think it will get worse after 118.

Is Barry going to be on Ray's prop duty or is he going to be on team Oliver? Barry, don't let us down.

Ray prop duty. Remember, Oliver told him that guys like them don't get the girl, and Barry has already moved on himself.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

So yeah, I'm going to predict that the end of the season sees Felicity decide to stick with Ray, and go off on some mission with him, leaving Oliver to brood and angst in the dark. I wouldn't be surprised if they also have Laurel and Roy leave for a while, and Diggle to be caught up in some ARGUS plot that takes him away from the city.

If they're lampshading the idea of 'What does it take to turn Oliver into the Arrow', then it seems like that's where they're heading. He loses everything and goes dark. Hell, perhaps he leaves too, to become Ra's's new protege. Just so the show can get even darker for season 4, with the newly reunited Team Arrow (yes, including She Always Destined For The Mask) having to try and pull him back to the light side.

I predict this, as usual, because it's the shittiest, most contrived pile of crap I can think of. And maybe by putting it out there, it'll jinx these clots into being just a tiny bit more original, for those of you who still care about the show.

• Love 7

They ramped up the Tommy scenes just before he died, and this time last season was all about Slade and Sara.  Yeah, I'm delusional but I'm hoping that's why the big emphasis on Laurel now.  If it's to make her co-lead of the show, count me out.

If in the season finale Felicity leaves for CC with Ray, count me out of season 4 altogether.

Remember Moira contacted Ra's to tell him Malcolm was still alive and she's Moira's daughter. Maybe Moira's address book was in storage and Thea got Ra's that way.  Or maybe she followed Moira's steps.

I agree with everyone else, killing Quentin is not a game changer because he's barely there.  Well maybe in the sense that it frees up Laurel to go full on Blackmail Canary and they would have to get someone else in the police department to help them (How is Mysteries of Laura doing?  Is Janina Gavrakis free?) but other than that, nothing different.

The Flash is already too busy, and Caitlyn's there for basically provide Felicity's role.  I think there's already an anti-Felicity feeling among the Flash's audience because they want more Iris, and I think it will get worse after 118.

Ray prop duty. Remember, Oliver told him that guys like them don't get the girl, and Barry has already moved on himself.

Ugh that would be disgusting plus Barry told Oliver he's full of crap afterward. Personally id rather Barry not do any propping than Ray Propping. Barry is friends with Oliver first not lame Ray

Interestingly, we've never really had much a cliff hanger at the end of the season.  Last year everything was resolved except for Lance collapsing.  At the end of season one my memory is more fuzzy - the one machine activated and the glades went down but we pretty much knew where everyone was and that except for Tommy, they all survived.  So not a lot of urgent in what will happen questions.  I wonder if that has been a conscious choice or a happy accident.  If they stick with their pattern, we will at least know for certain what each character is going or doing rather than a who will she choose moment.

Everything I've heard says neither Felicity nor Ray are going over to the Flash in season four.  Plus if they really are serious about Ray having his own spin off they need to break Felicity and Ray up since not only isn't Arrow going to let Felicity go, but an Atom spin off where all the romance happened on another show is a certain no go on the CW or just about any other network. 

It does look more and more likely that the Arrow is going to have to vanish before the end of the season (to which if it does happen I will crow about calling it until you all hate me)  but even if Oliver gives up the hood, how does he reclaim his life as Oliver Queen if Cap Lance is after him?  Do they just make a deal to leave him alone?  Maybe save the city from that virus and in exchange they drop charges on the condition the hood stays off? 

I keep coming back to what happens as a game changer.  3.15 the game changer will be a technologically upgraded hero.  3.18-3.19 seems to be the hood hunted and locked up (at least temporarily) Does everyone go on the run into hiding?  If the team was actually together that might have been interesting to watch but I imagine everything and everyone is still fractured.  Diggle will probably go with Lyla and be safe under her protection somehow. 

Laurel will get off cause she's daddy's only remaining daughter (or he dies and no one else knows she's involved)  Roy probably will get locked up.  Oliver on the run and maybe Ray steps in to shield Felicity?  What if Oliver makes a deal with Ray to take care of Felicity?  (I mean from the police)  That leaves Thea and it wouldn't surprise me if they at least for a while lost her to the LoA.  Lol, maybe she'll take down Ra's and become their new leader.  Or maybe Malcolm becomes the new Ra's and Thea the new heir to the demon. 

I'm still holding out for Zombie Tommy.  That would make things all better.  Though we know if he comes back it's just to go evil.  He would make a foe that Oliver would have a very hard time killing. 

• Love 1

As long as they don't kill Thea, losing Felicity to Raywood is bad enough.

I don't think an Atom spin off has a chance (BR is a terrible actor and how many people really care about Atom?), so my fear is that Felicity is their only way to make people watch...so I don't know which one is worse. Can't they just kill him off? THAT would be a game changer I can cheer for...

• Love 3

As long as they don't kill Thea, losing Felicity to Raywood is bad enough.

I don't think an Atom spin off has a chance (BR is a terrible actor and how many people really care about Atom?), so my fear is that Felicity is their only way to make people watch...so I don't know which one is worse. Can't they just kill him off? THAT would be a game changer I can cheer for...

They will probably keep Ray on Arrow Unless BR leaves I really think they should concentrate on Arrow and Flash and not worry about other spinoffs. Oh and I prefer Ray off Arrow

Diggle in Nanda Parbat makes me happy. But yeah, I can't figure out the order of things, but if Oliver gives himself up for Malcolm, I swear to God...

I'm glad Diggle finally ventured out of either a)the lair or b) a vehicle. And damn, Malcolm is chained over hot coals. ROAST HIM. 

And I'm with you - if Oliver puts his or anyone else's life in danger for that POS, I will riot. 

Also, Ray continues to look stupid in that suit. Although hello to his shaggy workman look, mama likes.

Diggle is in the field. Sweet Jesus! Oh, he's chained to the floor like Oliver. Oh well. It was good while it lasted.

Is everyone apart from Felicity in Nanda Parbat?!

Edited by Angel12d

Ray's suit really doesn't look bad until you get to the helmet and I get it, they want to show his face but it's the lack of a full face mask that makes the whole suit look dumb. The clear shield makes him look like a futuristic welder or something out of a knock off video game. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5

Diggle is in the field. Sweet Jesus! Oh, he's chained to the floor like Oliver. Oh well. It was good while it lasted.

Is everyone apart from Felicity in Nanda Parbat?!

Ok, if this turns out to be true, and Felicity ends up staying in Starling City to help Ray out with his suit/try to persuade Ray not to get into the suit because getting into a suit ended up getting the rest of her friends sent to a den of assassins, I am going to shriek. I know that a tech person isn't necessarily needed in Nanda Parbat, but just because the only things we've seen there are people wearing long robes, killing each other, and soaking in hot springs of questionable origin, that doesn't mean that they've never bothered to hook up WiFi. Or invest in a nice satellite TV set. 

More to the point, Felicity headed to Russia with Team Arrow without even a question. Isabel headed to Russia with Team ArrowThis season, Felicity headed to Starling City with Team Arrow. Felicity has also gone out in the field multiple times. It's one thing if it's just Oliver headed out for some mountain climbing. It's another thing entirely if everyone else goes and Felicity stays behind in order to get Ray's storyline going. Especially since that could work just as well if Ray decided to try it without Felicity there, and got in trouble. He's been doing that anyway with the clown targets; why not assume that, since he knows she's not thrilled with the idea, he uses her latest vacation to take a test flight?

• Love 9

Also, Ray continues to look stupid in that suit. Although hello to his shaggy workman look, mama likes.

Right? Where did that come from? Brandon Routh should stop playing buttoned-up prepsters, because the slightly scruffy look works for him. He looks so much younger in that first pic. 

• Love 7

Ok, if this turns out to be true, and Felicity ends up staying in Starling City to help Ray out with his suit/try to persuade Ray not to get into the suit because getting into a suit ended up getting the rest of her friends sent to a den of assassins, I am going to shriek. I know that a tech person isn't necessarily needed in Nanda Parbat, but just because the only things we've seen there are people wearing long robes, killing each other, and soaking in hot springs of questionable origin, that doesn't mean that they've never bothered to hook up WiFi. Or invest in a nice satellite TV set. 

More to the point, Felicity headed to Russia with Team Arrow without even a question. Isabel headed to Russia with Team ArrowThis season, Felicity headed to Starling City with Team Arrow. Felicity has also gone out in the field multiple times. It's one thing if it's just Oliver headed out for some mountain climbing. It's another thing entirely if everyone else goes and Felicity stays behind in order to get Ray's storyline going. Especially since that could work just as well if Ray decided to try it without Felicity there, and got in trouble. He's been doing that anyway with the clown targets; why not assume that, since he knows she's not thrilled with the idea, he uses her latest vacation to take a test flight?

Yeah, Felicity is very definitely not in NP. There were some promo pics released a few weeks ago by mistake which showed her with Ray. He was all unkempt looking and she was there, as his shadow. And we know she's going to try to get him out of the office because she's worried he's going the same route as Oliver. So basically everyone else is in NP in the action and Felicity is stuck with the poor man's Iron man. I DESPAIR. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 4

It looks like when MG said he wanted to extend beyond the Oliver/Diggle/Felicity Team Arrow, what he really meant was "you will never again see the Team you watch this show for"

Why is Felicity stuck with stupid Ray Palmer when everyone else gets to have fun with the A plot?  Grrrr, I hate Ray Palmer and Laurel for keeping Team Arrow apart.

Ahem....

At least Diggle is finally let out in the field.  It makes no sense that Oliver would go to Nanda Parbat to save MM, but nothing he's done this season has made sense.

• Love 11

After everything that happened with Thea finding out the truth and turning her back on Malcolm, why does Oliver even contemplate going to NP to save him? The right person will be handed over to Ra's. Job done. I really don't understand at all. We must be missing something. Please let us be missing something. I can't stand the stupid much longer.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5

Is anyone else not looking forward to this episode? 

I'm hoping that Felicity wants to go and Oliver & Diggle won't let her. But its probably going to be Felicity refusing to go help save Malcolm (which I get but Felicity would want to be with the Team).

Why is Roy and Laurel there? It should be Oliver and Thea with Diggle as backup.

• Love 4

I have, what might be a very stupid question. What is the everyone but Felicity in NP based on?

I didn't see anyone but Dig, Oliver and MM with Ra's in NP (stills). I looked at both the original and extended promo and only thing I see is someone drawing a sword on Canary. I didn't even see Roy in the promos.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Do we know for sure that Roy and Laurel are in NP or is that just spec? I didn't see them there in any of the pics. There was a quick shot of Laurel in the promo but she was wearing her Buckles, so it seems like that is from Starling City not Nanda Parbat because Oliver and Diggle are in regular clothes when they're chained up. Idk why she would be in costume in NP if Oliver is not.

The only reason I could see Oliver and Digg going after Malcolm is if he threatens to expose Thea if they don't help him.

The only reason I could see for Oliver and Diggle to head to Malcolm's rescue is if when Thea (we assume) turns him in, Ra's also took her.  Malcolm would only be a side trip maybe cause she didn't want him tortured to death.

Edited by BkWurm1

While I wouldn't mind for Felicity to stretch her legs a bit and go out into the field (to help with her tech, of course), there's no logic as to why Felicity would assist Digg and Oliver. Why would Felicity go to Nanda Parbat to save Malcolm Merlyn when just the sight of him makes her ill with contempt? Felicity would rather Malcolm be dead, so why would she help Oliver on his ridiculous mission? I honestly hope when Oliver tells the team that he's leaving to go to NP that Felicity calls him out on how ridiculous he's being. 

As for Diggle, is it his thing now to only go out in the field for stupid missions but when innocent lives are at stake, he'll happily stay back? Smh

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

Do we know for sure that Roy and Laurel are in NP or is that just spec? I didn't see them there in any of the pics. There was a quick shot of Laurel in the promo but she was wearing her Buckles, so it seems like that is from Starling City not Nanda Parbat because Oliver and Diggle are in regular clothes when they're chained up. Idk why she would be in costume in NP if Oliver is not.

The only reason I could see Oliver and Digg going after Malcolm is if he threatens to expose Thea if they don't help him.

If LL and Roy are there in NP, who will to defend the city? because you know she's a great fighter now, can defend the city (sacarsm).

anyway, it would be meaningless to have LL help in MM rescue

Edited by Morena
  • Love 1

There has to be a Thea component to this, right? The writers can't be that stupid that they'd have Oliver willingly go out of his way to save Malcolm if it wasn't really about really saving Thea?

My guess would be that Malcolm threatens to expose Thea as Sara's killer to Ra's or at least Oliver thinks that he might. That's probably where the "because of his love for Thea" comes in with regards to going to NP for Malcolm. I'm guessing that Ra's will call off his vendetta against Oliver and Malcolm (and maybe Thea, if he finds out) if Oliver gives him something in return. His loyalty, a year of his life, who knows. And then Oliver's gonna have to turn him down.

Edited by apinknightmare

I'd be perfectly fine with that. That would completely expose Malcolm as a cowardly rat when a big issue that keeps popping up in this storyline (besides all the other big issues) is it felt like they were trying to put Malcolm on a redemptive path when no. Somebody's redemption quest can't start with him drugging his daughter to murder an actual hero. 

So my hope is that really bad Malcolm in a bad light going forward, acknowledge that Oliver was an idiot for working for him, and Malcolm's dead by the end of the season. I'm desperately hoping that he's not a series regular going into season four.

Edited by loki567
  • Love 2

Seems Atom spin-off is a go.

https://twitter.com/CW_Atom

HALLE-FREAKIN-LUJAH

I mean. I wont be watching it at all. 

But YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ETA: Looking at the webpage again... *sigh* it doesn't seem to be real. Plus there would be a press release before they ever make a twitter page. Now I'm back to being depressed again lol

Edited by wonderwall