Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Is that an actual spoiler? Because if that is true, then his assessment that people won't dislike this episode might also be way off. Who wants to see that?

No. MG said Mama Smoak didn't interact with anyone but Felicity - I haven't seen him flip on that. 

So, what IS the point of the buckles? It looks like they're just there to hold up the straps that are sticking out that also appear to have no function. Are they her boots? If they removed those two elements and got rid of that awful lipstick, her costume would be 75% less ridiculous.

Did Sara had such high heels too? i can't figure out from online pics.

because: HEELS!?!!!

I was trying to find some pics, all I could find is this one.

CW-Arrow-Black-Canary-pic-6.jpg

Sara's did have some buckles on her boots, then with Laurel's they decided her outfit need about million more all over the place. 

Nah, that one's (unfortunately) on Felicity. She made that happen. It's on Laurel for being willing to do it and for actually going to him, ugh. But Felicity has a hand in that one.

Laurel still did it. She could have said no.

Laurel still did it. She could have said no.

She could have, that's why immediately after that comment where I wrote that Felicity made it happen I said it was on Laurel for actually doing it. You even quoted that part. 

And sadly, it seems like it was Felicity's idea to do it. I didn't see Laurel ask her if she had the technical ability to recreate Sara's voice. 

The buckles are reflective. LOL

"How did you know I was there? I'm the Black Canary!"

"Well, we heard this clinging and saw these really shiny buckles."

"..Oh."

"But don't feel bad! Your lipstick matchs your nails."

Heh. Just imagine Laurel trying to do the stealthy, silk abseiling trick that Sara pulled off. The villain would be be thinking, 'what the hell? Is Santa here?' from all the jingling. Then he'd stab her after one of her buckles gets caught in the silk and leaves her dangling upside down.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 3

She could have, that's why immediately after that comment where I wrote that Felicity made it happen I said it was on Laurel for actually doing it. You even quoted that part. 

And sadly, it seems like it was Felicity's idea to do it. I didn't see Laurel ask her if she had the technical ability to recreate Sara's voice. 

Inventing the technology doesn't mean Laurel was compelled to use it. So I really don't hold that against Felicity.

• Love 1

I doubt the costume is supposed to make sense. It is supposed to look cool. Or at least what the EPs and KC consider cool. See fingerless gloves on the (what feels like only) DA in town. 

Sadly, it doesn't look cool. It looks stupid. I could probably forgive more if Laurel didn't look so ridiculous. But she does,  and so, I will mock her. Taking out all the physical appearance and capabilities, put those two pics of Sara and Laurel side by side, and one is laughable. One is not. So they killed her.

I do think I'll tune in tonight, though, just for MB. I've missed him and his accent. 

• Love 4

Inventing the technology doesn't mean Laurel was compelled to use it. So I really don't hold that against Felicity.

I never said I was holding it against her - I just said that she had a hand in facilitating the lie. She didn't make Laurel impersonate Sara, but she did give her the ability to do it and sat there and listened while she did it. She's complicit in fooling him, much as I wish she wasn't. But we can agree to disagree.

It's funny to compare Oliver/Sara's to Roy/Laurel's costumes.

Oliver and Sara have very simple comstumes. They don't have time to look cool, they have business to get down too.

Roy and Laurel? Super complicated and overdone.

• Love 8

It's funny to compare Oliver/Sara's to Roy/Laurel's costumes.

Oliver and Sara have very simple comstumes. They don't have time to look cool, they have business to get down too.

Roy and Laurel? Super complicated and overdone.

The same with watching them fight. Oliver and Sara were seamless, one picked up where the other left off.

Roy and Laurel give me giggle fits just watching them. They are utterly hilarious and look terrible fighting together.

• Love 1

Is it even worth complaining to MG about how unhappy I am with the direction the show has taken? Or will I just be ignored as a hater? I've never been so irritated by a show before. I wish I could just walk away, but somehow I keep coming back. Ugh.

Well, you can try. It might make you feel better. If you start the complaint with a friendly compliment, it might even register (as in he sees it but doesn't reply). He seems to respond to those more. Not that this is surprising. 

Well, you can try. It might make you feel better. If you start the complaint with a friendly compliment, it might even register (as in he sees it but doesn't reply). He seems to respond to those more. Not that this is surprising. 

Hmm. Not sure I can maintain a civil tone. Because I really want to ask him what in the world he thinks he is doing? I would like for him to explain why he thinks Laurel is so wonderful. And why her journey is so important on a show called Arrow.

But thanks! :)

Edited by Menrva
  • Love 2

My reaction as well. They are seriously going to make Quentin hate the Arrow? How would he blame the Arrow for Sara's death? I don't get it. And does this mean he really doesn't know that Oliver is the Arrow?

Oliver took the blame to protect Thea, so I think it makes sense BUT of course Laurel is never to blame, RME.

I can't handle the increased presence of Laurel, I just can't.

Every time I see her next to Arrow, a part of me dies.....I don't know how long I can survive.

Edited by Hook75
  • Love 6

So it confirms what we know. That Lance is going after Oliver and that the Arrow is now gonna be Public Enemy numero uno

SMH

Also makes me feel that Quentin will find out Oliver's the Arrow by the end of the episode .

Edited by wonderwall

Thea is so going to kill MM and become a killer, this is how Oliver is going to "lose" her, maybe she even offers herself to Ra's.

And sadly we know he is going to lose Felicity to Ray.

I like to think he won't lose Felicity for good. I worry what the writers have planned for Thea though. Oliver needs Felicity and Thea in his life why he can't he win we want some victorys for oliver. All I want for the season to end with him together with Felicity and his sister by his side

You just became my favorite. 

And I would rate it a solid 8. No need to over-exaggerate like MG. If I were, I'd rate my pain 500

Awww…(blushes)

MG would totally use an imaginary number like a gazillion. 'Cause that's epic!

I haven't even watched this episode yet. Trying to summon the will to not throw my remote at the TV when Saint Laurel is on screen.

I'm wondering if Felicity won't die (or come close to it) in 3x18. Slade's comment about "how many people does Oliver Queen have to lose before he stops being Oliver Queen" makes me think about the Arrow vs Oliver Queen thing. And how the Arrow was a killer in season one when he didn't have anyone. Right now he is still Oliver, even after losing so many people. But take away the person he loves and will then no longer have anyone left and once again become the killer Malcolm needs to defeat Ra's.

I mean, it won't work but I could see Malcolm thinking it would? He also has cameras in the foundry, so he has access to any upcoming important Olicity scenes (if there are any) between now and 3x18. 

I'm wondering if Felicity won't die (or come close to it) in 3x18. Slade's comment about "how many people does Oliver Queen have to lose before he stops being Oliver Queen" makes me think about the Arrow vs Oliver Queen thing. And how the Arrow was a killer in season one when he didn't have anyone. Right now he is still Oliver, even after losing so many people. But take away the person he loves and will then no longer have anyone left and once again become the killer Malcolm needs to defeat Ra's.

I mean, it won't work but I could see Malcolm thinking it would? He also has cameras in the foundry, so he has access to any upcoming important Olicity scenes (if there are any) between now and 3x18. 

MG said that Oliver wouldn't have a reason to be sad in 3x18. Not that what he says means shit, I guess. 

Unless Felicity gets hurt towards the end of the ep, and that's when Mama comes to the city? And maybe she gets better before 3x19, or is still comatose or near death or whatever. But then wouldn't Mama Smoak still be around? Stop, stop trying to make sense of it, self.

So in the promo it seems like Thea is the one who sent Merlyn to Ra`s Al Guhl. I really don`t understand why Oliver saves him. I don`t think it will ever make sense to me though. 

Because, see, they NEED him to defeat Ra's. Even though they seem to not be too keen on the first lesson he tried to teach them, haha.

I wonder if the game changer is she dies and gets pitted OR gets revived similar to the way he did in 310 maybe that's why Maseo(and maybe Katana) has scenes with Felicity. Or she almost dies And it gets Oliver to Fight for her affections, for a future with her

I can totally see him killing Felicity.  He'd enjoy the symmetry of turning Oliver into a true killer, just as Rebecca's violent death turned him into one.

Imagine Malcolm does that and it was a cliffhanger for the Episode? We would go NUTS!

• Love 1

I can't see her being pitted because she doesn't have a costume so she's not important enough to waste the Pit on.

I have a very low opinion of MG's show-running but I can't see the CW letting him kill off Felicity.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

So does Oliver take Roy and Laurel to Nanda Parbat?

Edit: Never-mind lol. 

Wait, does he? Or were they fighting League people in Starling?

Imagine Malcolm does that and it was a cliffhanger for the Episode? We would go NUTS!

Nah, she's going to be off with Ray next ep, taking him on a "date" to get him out of the office so he doesn't lose himself in his mission like Oliver did. And he'll have his souper powered scuba suit to save her if trouble comes a knockin', because he's doing this to keep her safe, dontcha know!

• Love 2

I can't see her being pitted because she doesn't have a costume so she's not important enough to waste the Pit on.

I have a very low opinion of MG's show-running but I can't the the CW letting him kill off Felicity.

Maybe her being pitted leads to her eventually being one with a Mask? She looks like Artemis from Young Justice with the Ponytail and being blonde! I could see MG killing her but bringing her back the way Oliver was in 310

Her and Oliver could bond over near death experiences!!

Maybe her being pitted leads to her eventually being one with a Mask? She looks like Artemis from Young Justice with the Ponytail and being blonde! I could see MG killing her but bringing her back the way Oliver was in 310 Her and Oliver could bond over near death experiences!!

Artemis is freakin south-east Asian!!! can we please stop white washing every single character. i'm still not done raging over the WW of Ra's.. okay?

Wait, does he? Or were they fighting League people in Starling?

Nah, she's going to be off with Ray next ep, taking him on a "date" to get him out of the office so he doesn't lose himself in his mission like Oliver did. And he'll have his souper powered scuba suit to save her if trouble comes a knockin', because he's doing this to keep her safe, dontcha know!

Oh my god that suit looked Ridiculous!! I legitimately said WTF!!

Artemis is freakin south-east Asian!!! can we please stop white washing every single character. i'm still not done raging over the WW of Ra's.. okay?

LOL I'm sorry I'm just throwing it out there believe me I don't truly think they will put a Mask on Felicity

I have a big problem with Ray only wanting to save Felicity. Oliver does too cause he cares and loves her deeper but he wants to save his city and protect his sister and friends as well. That's more noble to me

Ra's says "Welcome to Nanda Parbat" to someone. Since Malcolm's already been there, I'm guessing it's Oliver, meaning he's going to leave town again. I hope I'm wrong and someone else goes.

He probably goes cause he and Thea "Need" him even though they hate him "rolls eyes" I won't be Surprised if Causes Felicity to run to Ray or he sees her with Ray and instead of Communication just up and leaves

• Love 3

I have a very low opinion of MG's show-running but I can't the the CW letting him kill off Felicity.

If he wants Lauriver to happen again, he'll destroy the one remaining obstacle. 

• Love 2

I have a big problem with Ray only wanting to save Felicity. Oliver does too cause he cares and loves her deeper but he wants to save his city and protect his sister and friends as well. That's more noble to me

Yeah, and it seems like a change from when Ray was first introduced. He genuinely seemed to want to help Starling, sorry, I mean Star City. Even doing it in memory of dead fiancee made more sense. 

He probably goes cause he and Thea "Need" him even though they hate him "rolls eyes" I won't be Surprised if Causes Felicity to run to Ray or he sees her with Ray and instead of Communication just up and leaves

Ugh so stupid. (the plot, not your post, jay741982)