Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

It's weird, I love dickish Tony Stark but can't deal with Ray.

That's because RDJ.. Look I like Routh, but seriously!! RDJ! The man is in a league of his own way above most actors in terms of acting skills. It's really not fair to Routh to compare between the two.

• Love 8

@Belinea, I'm with you. I've reached the point where I just point and laugh at Laurel [it helps I still haven't watched 311 in full], but Palmer's existence offends my intelligence on a whole new level. For me, Laurel is an unfortunate problem they're trying to solve. Crazy Eyes is a problem they created on purpose.

• Love 8
(edited)

OK I'm totally out of the show and trying to get out of Fandom but I wanted to drop this off because why should Danny Franks have all the fun.

I was thinking about the 3rd Party (not Ray) and "I don't want to be a woman you love" line.

I think it plays out like this. Oliver doesn't want Laurel as BC, Felicity stands up for Laurel. Oliver says something like I don't want to see another woman I love dead on that table. Big argument ensues words back and forth. It ends with Felicity saying "if that's what you think of" or "if that's how you treat the women you love" then "I don't want to be a woman you love".

Now Laurel and Felicity can be BFFs in 13 and bond over stupid Oliver and their lives their choices. Felicity can run off to Ray because he treats her better (bullshit, I know, but not with this show) and Oliver gets manpain!

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

I think it plays out like this. Oliver doesn't want Laurel as BC, Felicity stands up for Laurel. Oliver says something like I don't want to see another woman I love dead on that table. Big argument ensues words back and forth. It ends with Felicity saying "if that's what you think of" or "if that's how you treat the women you love" then "I don't want to be a woman you love".

Oh gosh.  The backlash on Laurel if this happens?  Now that will be epic.

• Love 1

OK I'm totally out of the show and trying to get out of Fandom but I wanted to drop this off because why should Danny Franks have all the fun.

I was thinking about the 3rd Party (not Ray) and "I don't want to be a woman you love" line.

Now Laurel and Felicity can be BFFs in 13 and bond over stupid Oliver and their lives their choices. Felicity can run off to Ray because he treats her better (bullshit, I know, but not with this show) and Oliver gets manpain!

Haha, I posted a similar theory a few pages back but then I dismissed it because I thought surely they wouldn't be dumb enough to put Laurel between Oliver and Felicity. But now we know they are that dumb, so yeah. I agree.

• Love 3

Pretty sure the third person will be The Arrow. I think it'll go down like this. Oliver will be back by the middle of the episode. He will have a happy reunion with Felicity with that hug. Then he and team arrow will go fight Brick and end him once and for all. Oliver will put himself into unnecessary risk and almost die or whatever which will make Felicity blow a gasket. That will be Oliver's "oops" moment and Felicity's "Mad as hell" moment because she'll be furious at Oliver for doing that. Because he doesn't know what it was like for Felicity to lose him. And because of this, she doesn't want to be a woman he loves because if he puts himself in danger like that, she wouldn't be able to handle that. 

• Love 3

Haha, I posted a similar theory a few pages back but then I dismissed it because I thought surely they wouldn't be dumb enough to put Laurel between Oliver and Felicity. But now we know they are that dumb, so yeah. I agree.

oh I must have missed your post, sorry. I was channeling my inner Danny Franks trying to come up with something so dumb they'd never do it. Now I'm actually worried it might happen. If it does, it certainly explains why MG will have to get off Twitter.

• Love 1

oh I must have missed your post, sorry. I was channeling my inner Danny Franks trying to come up with something so dumb they'd never do it. Now I'm actually worried it might happen. If it does, it certainly explains why MG will have to get off Twitter.

I agree... I think it will be Laurel.

The only problem I have with Laurel coming between Oliver and Felicity like that, is that Oliver pulling back was never about him controlling Felicity or Felicity's safety. It was all about The Arrow and whether Oliver could live both lives.

I don't understand his reaction to Laurel making Felicity Mad As Hell. It shouldn't remind Felicity of their issues. I get the impression it takes a lot for Felicity to actually lose it, so I think its something she has to be stewing on.

I'm probably looking at this way to logically, but I really feel it has to tie into the other all theme of the season. Either Oliver comes back and says 'I love you, but let's not be together yet because of stuff' (dangling maybes) or he gives up some of Oliver for Arrow (siding with Malcolm or Ra's).

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

Felicity was the one who talked Laurel into putting on the Canary suit when she'd decided to hang it up for good.  Felicity is the one who worked up the tech so that Laurel could sound like Sara over the phone to Quentin and keep lying to him.

I don't know who this character is that they are calling Felicity but the next step from Midnight City is being Laurel's BFF and taking her side against Oliver.

• Love 9

Felicity was the one who talked Laurel into putting on the Canary suit when she'd decided to hang it up for good.  Felicity is the one who worked up the tech so that Laurel could sound like Sara over the phone to Quentin and keep lying to him.

I don't know who this character is that they are calling Felicity but the next step from Midnight City is being Laurel's BFF and taking her side against Oliver.

That Felicity exists in the Black Hole. I refuse to acknowledge any OOC behavior from The-Episode-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named because of She-Who-Will-Not-Be-Named. 

• Love 4

Does anyone think Oliver and Felicity will be Best man and Maid of Honor at Dyla wedding? Cue Longing looks at each other while Diggle and Lyla say their vows?

Sadly, I don't think they've shown Felicity as close enough to Lyla to be her maid of honor.  I would have loved seeing more of what we saw on the Flash crossover but alas and alack, Felicity as far as we know hasn't said a word to her since Captain Boomerang broke into the lair (seriously, do they just hand out keys?) 

This makes absolutely no sense, but since Felicity and Laurel are both wearing reddish dresses (Laurel's kind of looks orange-red), maybe they are both bridesmaids/maids of honor.  

I fanwank from the Digglette birth scene at the hospital that Lyla and Felicity are actually close.  And now that Laurel is Team Leader InstaCanary, I guess she will be bonded with Diggle and Lyla too.  I mean they did name the baby after Sarah, so apparently setting foot in the Arrowcave brings you into the family like Sons of Anarchy or something. 

And damn Oliver is such a bossy, controlling asshole who has to take a back seat on the Team now per Diggle so I'm surprised he is even invited to the wedding.  

• Love 4
And now that Laurel is Team Leader InstaCanary, I guess she will be bonded with Diggle and Lyla too.  I mean they did name the baby after Sarah, so apparently setting foot in the Arrowcave brings you into the family like Sons of Anarchy or something. 

And damn Oliver is such a bossy, controlling asshole who has to take a back seat on the Team now per Diggle so I'm surprised he is even invited to the wedding.  

That is so sad. But probably true.

How can Diggle tell Oliver as he does in the promo that he needs to take a back seat when 1. they're still bumbling around in 311 and 2. they're so desperate to fight Brick they're willing to work with Malcolm Merlyn?  If nothing else, these episodes prove that they're barely functioning without Oliver.  And so is the show.

Justice League kool-aid.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

Oliver lies and hides things from everyone as second nature, Laurel (and now TA) lie and hide Sara's death and her own masking from Quentin, Maseo lies and hides things from Waller and Oliver, Malcolm lies and is hiding things from Thea, Thea lies and hides things from Oliver, Thea's DJ friends is lying and hiding things from her...so basically, the most straight forward person on the show is Ra's al Ghul, who does exactly what he says he is going to do?

Slade also speaks the truth when he returns to SC before his demise. And he always promises to keep his promises, which for the most part he does...

Its quite the role reversal on the show that "villains" speak the truth and the heroes lie.

Hey gang.. What if Malcolm is dosing Felicity so that she sides with Laurel so that Laurel can destroy Team Arrow from the inside out?

Malcolm is one smart cookie. That would be kinda awesome if he was dosing Felicity cause there is no way in Hell Ray should come close to what her and Oliver have. I'm sure Malcolm knows they love each other

Laurel going evil and destroying Team Arrow from the inside would be completely unexpected and possibly awesome.  Better than the spoilers that have come up for the rest of the season.

But I think there's something magical about the name Dinah Laurel Lance, maybe a spell from a christening fairy, that means she will always get when she wants and be on the good side.

Tell me if I am wrong but do people here really think that there would be a mutiny like situation in Team Arrow?

Do you mean against Oliver?  Or against Roy and Laurel wanting Malcolm to join?

Ordinarily I'd have said Diggle and Felicity would side with Oliver.  But FauxDiggle (heard on the promo) and Fauxlicity?  All bets are off.

• Love 6

I wonder if Diggle, Felicity, Roy and now Laurel will be happy to see Oliver but kinda ticked that he didn't get in touch with ANY OF THEM before just showing up as the Arrow. If that's the case, then yes, I think they will be a little mutinous towards him because they're not sure what to make of him now. It's not like he was easy to work with before. Heaven knows how they're all going to feel about working with someone who came back from the dead (and not just 'presumed dead') and has dealt with Ra's.

Just going to throw it out there that I hope Felicity and/or Laurel are not Lyla's bridesmaids, because I hope she has closer friends and family than that. It's cool in fanfic, where we can pretend all sorts of relationship development that we haven't seen, but it would be pretty silly to act like they're her closest friends when they've barely shared screentime.

• Love 15

Realistically, I agree Lyla should have other friends to be bridesmaids.  I guess I can be able to work with the idea that Felicity could get it in, but that would be a stretch.

At least this show hasn't lost it's mind enough that freaking Amanda Waller would be one, right?  I mean, Lyla has to be sociable enough that she doesn't have to resort to asking her potentially evil boss to be one.  Not unless he wants Diggle spending the entire ceremony starring daggers at Amanda... 

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 2

Maybe Lyla doesn't have any bridesmaids. She seems like the kind of put-together person who wouldn't need conventions like that.  Or maybe that's just sad that she doesn't have close friends she can ask.  But then, it is her second wedding to John.

I would be looking forward to this so much if only Ray weren't there.

• Love 1

I wonder if Diggle, Felicity, Roy and now Laurel will be happy to see Oliver but kinda ticked that he didn't get in touch with ANY OF THEM before just showing up as the Arrow. If that's the case, then yes, I think they will be a little mutinous towards him because they're not sure what to make of him now. It's not like he was easy to work with before. Heaven knows how they're all going to feel about working with someone who came back from the dead (and not just 'presumed dead') and has dealt with Ra's.

That is a possibility, but the promo gave me the impression that Oliver was leaving against Tatsu's wishes/advise because he needs/wants to get back. Even though the guy needs to learn how to use a damn phone, it will be pretty harsh if he is jeopardising his recovery to get back and they are pissed he didn't do it fast enough.

• Love 1

I'm starting to wonder if Oliver comes back dangling maybes without being willing to actually be with Felicity, and part of the reason the Ray thing comes into play is that he's able put Felicity first, with him saying that he wants to protect Felicity, that Oliver isn't able to do yet, because he still thinks he has to choose between Oliver and the Arrow and he thinks he has to put the city first. Obviously Oliver loves Felicity, but right now I think he still is probably putting the city first because he thinks he can't  save the city and be with her. There's just a couple of quotes from MG that makes me think it's how the whole situation will play out including the stuff with Ray. Someone told MG on his twitter that everyone on the show has someone who is there for them all the time and that a lot of the time Felicity doesn't have anyone and he said that's not untrue and when asked what Tommy would think of Felicity, he said he would encourage Oliver to get his head out of his ass and be with her. I'm wondering if Oliver comes back upset about what's going on with Laurel and they get into it over it and she thinks this isn't just his mission anymore, its all of their mission, and he maybe says something about it being his mission and it being why they can't be with each other and that's when she tells him to leave her alone romantically. And that's what pushes her to be with Ray. If it plays out like that, I'm guessing that by the end of 3x13, Oliver realizes its not just his mission, that's probably where the quote from the promo plays in, but Felicity already shut him down, she might have a hard time believing him after so many times of him saying he can't be both the Arrow and Oliver, so he backs off or he decides to fight for her.

• Love 1

That is a possibility, but the promo gave me the impression that Oliver was leaving against Tatsu's wishes/advise because he needs/wants to get back. Even though the guy needs to learn how to use a damn phone, it will be pretty harsh if he is jeopardising his recovery to get back and they are pissed he didn't do it fast enough.

I agree - but miscommunication is a big part of how this show makes sure drama and angst are stretched out.  I don't know if Oliver will even get into the nitty gritty details of how he escaped death and was without access to a phone, we'll see. If he doesn't explain that yet the other team members are angry at him, then it's another time that the writing has made a situation out of a scenario that should have been smooth and reasonable.

Another example of how miscommunication (or lack of any comunication) can make for unnecessary angst and drama - if Oliver doesn't get the chance or the inclination to tell Felicity that she was the last person he thought of as he was dying - or that she was who he dreamt of while he was recovering - then Felicity is missing out on some key details that the viewers have.

These kinds of gaps are frustrating, in my opinion. I think they are thrown in there to create or worse problems. This is all on the writers, too.  But it's often the actors and characters who get the blame.

Edited by writersblock51
  • Love 7

One of the co-writers of this episode is Beth Schwartz (Time of Death). She has written some decent/good episodes too, but TOD makes me so nervous now.

The other co-writers is Brian ford Sullivan, this is his second episode after Secret Origins.

I'm wondering if Oliver comes back upset about what's going on with Laurel and they get into it over it and she thinks this isn't just his mission anymore, its all of their mission, and he maybe says something about it being his mission and it being why they can't be with each other and that's when she tells him to leave her alone romantically. And that's what pushes her to be with Ray. If it plays out like that, I'm guessing that by the end of 3x13, Oliver realizes its not just his mission, that's probably where the quote from the promo plays in, but Felicity already shut him down, she might have a hard time believing him after so many times of him saying he can't be both the Arrow and Oliver, so he backs off or he decides to fight for her.

At this point, this is my best case scenario. 

I woke up this morning thinking - yup, we're here, analyzing characters' behaviour, trying to justify the illogical decisions they make the best we can...

...meanwhile the writers just think "Hey, it looks cool, let's do this!"

This the main reason we may get the Oliver/Felicity 'breakup' scene is that it's a cool scene. No internal logic - or very little of it - required.

• Love 17

Regardless of Oliver having the means to communicate with team Arrow up on his mountain, I will throw things at my screen if they rage at him. He was DEAD! He died for 2 weeks, and I know it hurt but HE. IS. BACK. I have little time for drama, and that is unnecessary drama. Get the freak over it. Let your doubts set in later when Oliver does strange things like riding off cliffs for "thrills". Right now, be glad damn you.

I mean I'm wavering between Felicity being bitchy to Oliver for reasons, and being unreasonable for my enjoyment. If she loses her ish it'll be because she's been stewing for months now. They deliberately set up Felicity being team Laurel in time for Oliver's return to create drama between the two. I really hope Oliver doesn't say " I don't want another woman I love to be in danger" because that's just frikin awkward. Hush baby Oliver, I'm trying to forget season 1 & 2 happened concerning your "relationships".

• Love 4

Another example of how miscommunication (or lack of any comunication) can make for unnecessary angst and drama - if Oliver doesn't get the chance or the inclination to tell Felicity that she was the last person he thought of as he was dying - or that she was who he dreamt of while he was recovering - then Felicity is missing out on some key details that the viewers have.

These kinds of gaps are frustrating, in my opinion. I think they are thrown in there to create or worse problems. This is all on the writers, too.  But it's often the actors and characters who get the blame.

in all honesty, i'm fine if the drama is miscommunication because 9 out of 10 times in real life that's how problems happen. Trust me, being an immigrant in the US who is still trying to figure out American culture subtext I get misunderstood on a daily basis - that's also a form of miscommunication. Which is why I am absolutely fine with the drama being from mis/lack of communication, the problem is when they use the same issue twice and call it miscommunication, but there can still be some leeway depending on the situtation.

• Love 1

The idea that Felicity wants a guy to put her ahead of the mission doesn't sit well with me one bit. I know Crazy Eyes told her he wants to do this to protect her, but the fact that her reaction wasn't "look sonny, sry2say, but my mission has been to protect everyone for two and a half years, and you don't know 0.5% of it" is crazy banana pants bad writing. This is the same woman who went "if you're staying, I'm staying", and "it's my life, my choice", and "I don't wanna be safe; I wanna be with you, and the others, unsafe." Her entire schtick in 310 was trying to bubble wrap everyone else so they'd be protected of the same fate as Oliver.

I'm almost curious as to how it goes if/when she and Palmer start dating. Does she tell him everything? I've been sort of assuming she does because she takes him to STAR Labs in Flash 118. But does she tell him about Team Arrow? Or is this gonna be a series of times Felicity comes up with ridiculous excuses to get out of dates because there's a crisis and she's needed in the Arrow cave? Will she start putting Crazy Eyes ahead of her mission in exchange for his [promise of] protection?

None of this makes any sense to me.

• Love 7

Yeah, if that's the reason she'd choose Ray it wouldn't be Felicity at all. But I could get it if the emphasis is on the contrast between Oliver's "the life that I lead keeps me from being with you" and Ray's "you're one of the reason I want to lead this life".

Regarding "a woman I love", I've been thinking what if she throws back at him the fact that he admits that he loves her only under the most terrible circumstances (mansion, before a duel)? If she's asking "what's the point?". IDK

Finally, if Felicity has to give words of wisdom to Laurel, I hope she says something like "Ok, you want to do this, fine, but you can't keep pretending to be Sara. Start with telling your father the truth, I won't help you anymore".

I am convinced that he will know...Either he will have figured it out a long time ago or he will figure it out at some point before 3x17/18. I hope she just doesn't tell him without consulting everyone else. I don't think she will but maybe she will convince the others to let him join and then she tells him. Since it is now 'their' mission, they can let everyone join. And I am sorry but I have to agree with all the other posts. They didn't manage to beat one guy without Oliver (frankly a powerful one) but now they act as though he is just one of them and he has to get in line because he has been dead for 2 weeks and EVERYTHING is different. 

Couldn't they have just been happy that they got him back? I mean every normal person would be happy that their presumed dead friend came back and not say: Oh, you are here again, these are the rules now, get with the program or get lost. 

I am still holding onto the fact that they said that 3x01 and 3x23 (or 3x22) are somewhat connected. Maybe Oliver will have some win before the season is over. 

• Love 6

The idea that Felicity wants a guy to put her ahead of the mission doesn't sit well with me one bit. I know Crazy Eyes told her he wants to do this to protect her, but the fact that her reaction wasn't "look sonny, sry2say, but my mission has been to protect everyone for two and a half years, and you don't know 0.5% of it" is crazy banana pants bad writing. This is the same woman who went "if you're staying, I'm staying", and "it's my life, my choice", and "I don't wanna be safe; I wanna be with you, and the others, unsafe." Her entire schtick in 310 was trying to bubble wrap everyone else so they'd be protected of the same fate as Oliver.

For me, I don't think it's got anything to do with her wanting to be put first, but there is something to be said for dating a vigilante who can have a relationship be a priority because he's doing the thing because he wants to. As far as Felcity knows, Oliver's resigned himself to dying for his cause, so how could he ever fully be invested in having a future with her? He doesn't even think HE has one. Seems like Ray would go out and fight crime knowing he could get killed. Oliver, last he told Felicity, expects it.

So it's not that I think Felicity ever expects or wants or needs to be put first over the mission or other people's safety, it's that when all is said and done, Oliver doesn't even expect to be around all that long. For someone who's lost so many people, how scary would it be to give your heart to someone who (again, as far as she knows) believes he'll leave the foundry one day and not come back?

It's one thing to know it's possible, and a completely other thing to think it's inevitable.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

I'm almost curious as to how it goes if/when she and Palmer start dating. Does she tell him everything? I've been sort of assuming she does because she takes him to STAR Labs in Flash 118. But does she tell him about Team Arrow? Or is this gonna be a series of times Felicity comes up with ridiculous excuses to get out of dates because there's a crisis and she's needed in the Arrow cave? Will she start putting Crazy Eyes ahead of her mission in exchange for his [promise of] protection?

None of this makes any sense to me.

One of the reasons for Felicity wanting to be with Ray being that he puts her first wouldn't sit well with me either. Because of the examples you stated plus her telling Oliver when Count Vertigo had the syringes to her neck not to worry about her the city is more important. Plus her being shocked he broke his no kill rule for her

• Love 3

So it's not that I think Felicity ever expects or wants or needs to be put first over the mission or other people's safety, it's that when all is said and done, Oliver doesn't even expect to be around all that long. For someone who's lost so many people, how scary would it be to give your heart to someone who (again, as far as she knows) believes he'll leave the foundry one day and not come back?

It's one thing to know it's possible, and a completely other thing to think it's inevitable.

I completely agree with you. My problem is that I'm legit not sure the writing has shown that much insight on why Felicity thinks Crazy Eyes is a viable choice. Because the entire thing is from his POV. I mean, I know all of the things he's done re: wanting to make the world better, save the city, vigilantism, and being willing to have a life outside of that at the same time. I know Felicity sees that. But I'd like to think that she also realizes this guy is into the 10% of who she is and what she does that she's shown him. He knows she's pretty, that she's a genius, that she's kind and caring, and that she keeps eleventy billion secrets she's not willing to share.

Is she ever gonna be willing to share, is my point. Will he accept that her mission is actually more important than his, if only because his hasn't started yet? And it doesn't matter to me that Crazy Eyes is into her in spite of her being secretive, because I don't want his POV. I want Felicity's. Why does she want the burden of compartmentalizing her life? Is it just because this guy is offering and Oliver isn't? And what if Palmer's vigilantism takes off and Felicity has to make a choice between Team Atom and Team Arrow? Will she choose him? And if she thinks she's not, why would she even start a relationship,? And I have no idea how to answer any of these questions, that is because nobody in the writers room is asking anything from Felicity's POV, about her relationship decisions. It's all about what she sees in Crazy Eyes and how Oliver-proxy he is.

• Love 2

I posted a photo of BTS photo of Katie Cassidy in the Spoilers thread. She's also wearing red, it looks like, so maybe Laurel and Felicity are bridesmaids at the wedding? Because, you know, Laurel and Diggle are so tight now. Does Lyla even know Laurel?!?

• Love 1

I posted a photo of BTS photo of Katie Cassidy in the Spoilers thread. She's also wearing red, it looks like, so maybe Laurel and Felicity are bridesmaids at the wedding? Because, you know, Laurel and Diggle are so tight now. Does Lyla even know Laurel?!?

Lol no she's not wearing red. It's actually orange. i'll post another picture of the full dress so y'all can see. She actually looks really pretty. But damn, someone has to do something about those eyelashes. 

Edited by wonderwall

Lol no she's not wearing red. It's actually orange. i'll post another picture of the full dress so y'all can see. She actually looks really pretty. But damn, someone has to do something about those eyelashes. 

Oh, thank God! HAHAHAHA! I saw what looked like a red dress and, well, saw red ;)

• Love 1

Something I've been wondering:Oliver asked Maseo to come back to Starling with him. Suppose he had said yes..what would have happened? How would they have escaped the League and Ra's -and how does Oliver plan on doing it,since Maseo refused but he's coming back - given that the League can jump on him before he even realizes it?

Edited by looptab

So I posted the sneak peek. Brick killed Rebecca Merlyn... and Merlyn apparently has a bunch of hidden cameras in the foundry lol

What the fuck. Why are the writers questioning the audience's intelligence when it comes to the amount of times Merlyn has entered the Arrow Cave? Felicity even mentioned that they needed to change the locks yet they still do the same things over and over again. It makes Team Arrow look incredibly stupid and lazy. It's bordering on annoying now because it's clear that the writers are only doing so for plot reasons and because they aren't creative enough to let Malcolm to attain information through other means.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 13

He hacked a genius?

Collective sigh. Then again Slade tapped Felicity's phone. I guess Merlyn could've done it when he got into the lair before them. So they're trusting this murderer huh.

Edited by Limbo
  • Love 1

It looks like he hacked the camera on one of Felicity's monitors, not that he put the camera there.

oh that makes more sense. Hopefully that's the case. 

Anyway the twist with Brick killing Rebecca Merlyn is one that was speculated but I wasn't sure if it was the case. I guess that's why he wants to help Team Arrow stop Merlyn. Why Team Arrow would even consider teaming up with him so is still ridiculous.  

• Love 2