Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Mm I. Wouldn't be so sure about that. I mean he was the one who wanted to "protect" Merlin lol.

Then he found out Merlyn drugged his sister to murder Sara and set him up to fight Ra's which led to him getting run through and kicked off a cliff. Oliver's probably not such a big fan.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

Have they lost. their. minds.

What.

Let's not mince words here. Malcolm killed Sara. He may have used Thea as his weapon, but he still killed her as surely as if he had been the one to shoot those arrows into her himself. Why would Laurel ever in a million years agree to have anything to do with him, other than trying to kill him herself? Not to mention that he is the reason that Oliver is dead (as they believe).

And even if she doesn't know that yet, Diggle and Roy certainly do. This makes not even the tiniest particle of sense. I don't care if they do love Barrowman. Are they seriously planning on giving Malcolm the Regina Mills treatment?

Just....what!?!?!

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 10

I'm really disappointed that this season is going to try and out "crap" that back half of season 2.  I don't know if I can take it being that miserable and dark.  I was counting on the back half of 3 lightening up but it doesn't sound like it now.  Does that mean that season 4 is going to try and out crap season 3?  This show may not drive me away by messing up Oliver and Felicity, but it might by making watching this show a deeply miserable experience.

LOL, the overwhelming lack joy has been my main complaint this whole season. They're desperately trying to out-do Batman in the darkness category. I don't need sunshine and puppies all the time, but damn it--I need some happiness. Someone didn't get the memo that not every character has to be miserable, angry, and/or die in order for the show to be good.

• Love 2

So instead of teaming up with a mass murdering psycho who got a friend and their leader killed why don't they just call up their super fast friend to help out who could probably solve this in a an hour? Lol I jest, but I feel there are so many other things that could be done before teaming up with Malcolm. What about Argus?

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 6

So instead of teaming up with a mass murdering psycho who got a friend and their leader killed why don't they just call up their super fast friend to help out who could probably solve this in a an hour? Lol I juest, but I feel there are so many Other things that could be done before teaming up with Malcolm. What about Argus?

• Argus
  • Ray
  • Barry
  • The Police

Basically, if you ask every one of these people/entities to help, it'd be way more powerful than Malcolm so I still don't see any sense in asking Malcolm to help

• Love 3

Malcolm refused to take his wife's phone calls repeatedly as she lay dying, and then immediately abandoned Tommy.  How is that a "kind-hearted father and husband"?  I smell retcon.

I get that everyone loves Barrowman, but Malcolm is evil. Full stop. I can think of no circumstances that Team Arrow would ever want to team up with him most especially after he directly led to Oliver's death. None. And I will roll my eyes at whatever bullshit they try to serve. Malcolm is a horrible father and horrible person. I know TPTB like to retcon because they are terrible hacks, but people don't forget! 

Because they need Laurel to be more a part of Team Arrow than Felicity is so we'll love her?  Felicity is shutting down the Arrow cave and working with Ray while Laurel is cheerleading the Team.

As others have said, I'm sure this will push Felicity out of TA orbit and right into Crazy Ray's. Fantastic.

I wonder if these guys are even capable of writing a Felicity/Laurel scene that passes the Bechdel test.

I'm just going to go ahead and answer No. 

What disappointing spoilers. I was hoping something would come out to make me want to watch, but nope. Not yet.

• Love 8

LOL, the overwhelming lack joy has been my main complaint this whole season. They're desperately trying to out-do Batman in the darkness category. I don't need sunshine and puppies all the time, but damn it--I need some happiness. Someone didn't get the memo that not every character has to be miserable, angry, and/or die in order for the show to be good.

Exactly! This season has been so depressing. I don't mind some darkness but please please please Writers we need some lightness. Felicity is usually the lightness but that poor woman has been so miserable at times cause the man she loves pushed her away then tells her he loved her then "Dies" and SARA DID NOT HAVE TO DIE!!

The thought of Felicity being pushed out cause she Rightfully don't want Malcolm's help would be so stupid and depressing.Yeah that would attract viewers put Felicity up Ray's ass cause why would people want Felicity with Team Arrow when we can only see her with Creepy lame boring Ray. Why keep Ray away from Arrowcave when we can force him to be liked by keeping Felicity in his orbit

• Love 3
  • Argus
  • Ray
  • Barry
  • The Police
Basically, if you ask every one of these people/entities to help, it'd be way more powerful than Malcolm so I still don't see any sense in asking Malcolm to help

Well to be fair in the episode description for episode 11 they talked about the police and Ray doing stuff. Tbh I don't really see how Brick is such a huge villain that Diggle, Roy, Felicity, laurel, Ray and the Starling City Police can't stop him lol.

• Love 1

It does seem like they are going to remove Felicity from the Foundry. But don't think it would be Team Arrow forcing her out (there is OOC and then there is alien abduction), I think it will be her own decision. Maybe she is overwhelmed, maybe she just needs a break, I don't know. However, I would understand those reasons. And I think it could actually be an interesting storyline to take. My only objections are 1) I don't want her removed for the main narrative 2) I don't want her building super-suits with wannabe superheroes (cause whats the point of leaving Team Arrow then) and 3) I don't want her dating Ray. 

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 3

I really hope Felicity doesn't leave the Foundry. I'm no real fan of Ray and it's maddening that he is only gonn be in scenes with her and it's all about him when it should be about her!

It does seem like they are going to remove Felicity from the Foundry. But don't think it would be Team Arrow forcing her out (there is OOC and then there is alien abduction), I think it will be her own decision. Maybe she is overwhelmed, maybe she just needs a break, I don't know. However, I would understand those reasons. And I think it could actually be an interesting storyline to take. My only objections are 1) I don't want her removed for the main narrative 2) I don't want her building super-suits with wannabe superheroes (cause whats the point of leaving Team Arrow then) and 3) I don't want her dating Ray.

• Love 1

Yeah, since it doesn't seem like this version of Brick is going to have an superpowers I don't see what the big deal is. He's a gang leader. Diggle and Roy should be able to handle a guy like that. If he has a huge group of well armed and trained henchmen then maybe they need the help of the police or yes, even Argus, but what can Malcolm really do that any well trained people can't? 

• Love 2

If Diggle, Roy, Felicity, Laurel, ARGUS, Ray and the whole Starling Police Department can't get rid of Brick, not to mention calling Barry for help, what good are they?

This makes not even the tiniest particle of sense. I don't care if they do love Barrowman. Are they seriously planning on giving Malcolm the Regina Mills treatment?

Oooh, nicely put.

But she has to be removed from the main narrative so 1. Laurel can take her place as the Good Woman on the Team and 2. Ray can get his super suit built and become a costumed superhero which appears to be what really counts on this show. (Otherwise why would Arsenal and Insta Canary have any influence on Diggle?).

At least they're giving her a reason to recuse herself from the Cave instead of just making her too busy helping  Ray and have Diggle and Roy mad at her for shirking her primary responsibilities and letting Oliver down.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Are they trying to make me sympathize with Malcolm? 

I've always sympathized with Malcolm. Barrowman is THAT good at his job. it takes quite the acting skill to take a villain and act him out in a way that will make the audience not only love to hate him, but also sympathize and logically accept his motives.

I don't think they are doing a retcon, I think to some degree Malcolm did love his wife and Tommy. while I fully accept that post Nanda Parbet Malcolm is a ruthless SOB who only uses people, a part of me also accepts that before his wife murder he may not have been father and husband of the year but that his SOBness was somewhat tempered down thanks to his wife.

which is a major likeness that he and Oliver carry. Malcolm with his wife, Oliver with Felicity.

If anything ever happen to Felicity in similar manner as it did to Rebecca I can absolutely see Oliver turning down the dark path... or maybe i have read too many fanfics? lol.

also the trope of the good guys being.. you know kind hearted and good and you know slightly naive by welcoming the evil person into their folds for a short period of time is a timeless trope in bad vs. good/ superhero stuff. it was bound to happen some day people.

this makes me wonder if they are considering taking Malcolm down the road of redemption. it be hard, cause he's... you know, a bastard SOB (and that's putting it mildly) who shouldn't be allowed to be redeemed, but if that is the way, I fully believe Barrowman will be able to sale it.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2

Lol if Felicity died(God forbid) like Rebecca did I could see Oliver going down that path a little bit. Felicity is the best thing to come into his life and he loves her deeply. But he wouldnt cause it's the last thing Felicity would want

Yes, I think so. She brings some information on Sara's murder.  Surely Laurel can't still want to work with Malcolm after that????

Malcolm repeatedly refused Rebecca's phone calls as she lay dying because he didn't want to be bothered with her; he was busy doing business stuff.  He then decided The Glades, all The Glades, must pay.  (Is that what the Freudians call reaction formation?)

And then, after her death he leaves his 8 year old son alone, grieving, while he goes off to find himself in Nanda Parbat.  I don't mind his ONS with Moira but leaving Tommy to lose both mother and father is unforgivable. As Oliver said, the crucible didn't change him, it just stripped away the excess to reveal the person underneath.  

I like Malcolm, although not as much as I did when Moira was holding him back, but I can't buy him as a loving husband and especially not as a loving father. 

• Love 9

Marc Guggenheim said that Felicity will be in season 4, does this mean that EBR renewed her contract and that there's a possibility she's good for another 3 seasons? Because I don't want her to die :p

Mmm I'm pretty sure both EBR and CH signed a contract for like 5 or 6 seasons lol. I remember them saying so in an interview. 

Edited by ban1o

Mmm I'm pretty sure both EBR and CH signed a contract for like 5 or 6 seasons lol. I remember them saying so in an interview. 

Really?! Oh I must've missed that. I thought Stephen only signed a 5-6 year contract and everyone else got 3 for some reason. Well that makes me feel good :)

Really?! Oh I must've missed that. I thought Stephen only signed a 5-6 year contract and everyone else got 3 for some reason. Well that makes me feel good :)

nah I think everyone else has like 6 or 7 season contracts. Colin Donnell said he had a 7 year contract but I think it's actually 6. Since EBR and CH signed later I think they actually have an extra season then everyone else. Or at least that's what they said in an interview. 

But yeah you don't have to worry lol :P 

Edited by ban1o

this makes me wonder if they are considering taking Malcolm down the road of redemption. it be hard, cause he's... you know, a bastard SOB (and that's putting it mildly) who shouldn't be allowed to be redeemed

HE could have had a redemption arc but drugging Thea to kill Sara and then send Oliver off to his death...yeah, there's no coming back from that and honestly it's a wasted storyline. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6

So in the Canadian promo for 3x10  it shows Felicity saying "There is no this without him. It's done." And then it looks like she turns off the lights in the arrow cave while walking out (Roy and Diggle are still inside) It makes it seem like she's over Team Arrow. Maybe she leaves Team Arrow in 3x10. 

Edited by ban1o

So in the Canadian promo for 3x10  it shows Felicity saying "There is no this without him. It's done." And then it looks like she turns off the lights in the arrow cave while walking out (Roy and Diggle are still inside) It makes it seem like she's over Team Arrow. Maybe she leaves Team Arrow in 3x10. 

Well, she's not gone for long considering she's back in 3x12 trying to convince at least Laurel and Roy to not be dumb shits and accept help from Merlyn. Hopefully it's just a knee-jerk reaction to finding out Oliver's dead and she comes right back, like...two scenes later.

You're probably right. Felicity will probably leave Team Arrow, but I don't think that it'll last long. 

I think the person who'll bring her back is Diggle. Which is why I'm expecting a really intense and awesome emotional scene between the two. WHy? Because Diggle understands how Felicity feels, he knows what Oliver meant to her, he knows how to bring her back. It'd be a total cop out if Ray inspires Felicity to honor Oliver in any way she can... And he doesn't necessarily have to know that Oliver's the Arrow to inspire her to go back to the ARrow cave. I'm just sayin', it better be diggle. 

• Love 1

Yeah so if she leaved in 3x10 and then comes back, won't it be redundant if she leaves in 3x12 again? It would make her look fickle.   I think the writers are going to play it out like it was a good idea to team up with Merlyn. (even though in real life everyone knows that's a terrible idea) 

Edited by ban1o

Yeah so if she leaved in 3x10 and then comes back, won't it be redundant if she leaves in 3x12 again? It would make her look fickle.   I think the writers are going to play it out like it was a good idea to team up with Merlyn. (even though in real life everyone knows that's a terrible idea)

I don't think she'll leave the team in episode 12. Just that she wouldn't want to be a part of the plan. 

Complete and total lie to try and get people interested in the BC arc. The first time it's even mentioned is right before the finale aired when MG started running away from BC Trilogy. They already filmed 10-14 at that point so these weren't pushed back. They used Felicity/Thea to lure people in but, they were never intended to be in 10-14, maybe not at all.

You know, stunts like this one make me listen to the little devil and hope it comes back to bite them in the butt, hard, ratings-wise. This kind of manipulation is disrespectful, and I think that's why I -and probably many people here- don't trust the writers anymore and immediately think of the worst.

I know it's hard to have to justify your work to an audience, I wouldn't want to have to deal with that even for a hefty salary. Of course, they aren't going to reveal everything beforehand. I could understand declarations akin to pretending you've forgotten someone's birthday to surprise them with a party with all their friends. But here, it's as if they promise a birthday party and replace it with scrubbing the toilets with a toothbrush.

Moreover, it shows little trust in what they have written and produced, so why should I have trust in it? If Laurel's really good there, throw a sneak peek and get people interested, instead of flat out lying. But I guess that's what you get when you plan to have episodes revolve around what mostly stays on the floor of the editing room when your show is at its best (re:cut scenes in S2A).

Fandom: Do you like cake?

Guggenheim: I do, but I also I love ice cream! Ice cream is so good and tasty and fun and cold and and and did I mention how much I love ice cream?

Seriously.

And he believes he talks about ice-cream but actually, it's boiled vegetables. Without salt.

HE could have had a redemption arc but drugging Thea to kill Sara and then send Oliver off to his death...yeah, there's no coming back from that and honestly it's a wasted storyline. 

I would never see Malcolm as a good guy, but I could have seen him as an anti-villain if he truly loved Thea and had only her best interest at heart. Even Deadshot loves his daughter. And actually, what I found fascinating about Malcolm was his capacity to have human feelings, for example he was appalled when he discovered that the vigilante was Oliver, his son's friend and his friend's son...Of course, he had killed said friend, but that's what imo made Malcolm crazy before evil.

Him coldly manipulating Thea in order to make a murderer out of her, to have her murder her friend, changed the deal for me. Unless there's a twist coming that he doctored the video of Sara's murder, better that he had nothing to do with it, and just used that video that he doctored in a ploy to get rid of Ra's. It would still not make Malcolm a good guy, but he wouldn't be 100% evil and I could see necessity force an alliance between TA and him.

And Slade is back with a grudge? Sigh. I guess I can also put a cross on my hope that his nonsensical enmity toward Oliver and his nonsensical "love" for Shado were Mirakuru-induced.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 9

My biggest point of contention is the writers would use this as a reason to throw Felicity into Ray's arms.

I'm actually OK with Felicity feeling completely overwhelmed after only a handful of months where she lost so much. Let's see, she goes from a dramatic high that included Oliver finally asking her out and having a pretty friking great date (spoiled by a rocket...seriously) and the city being safer which makes her feel like a hero. To Oliver breaking her heart, to Sara dying, to Ray being a snot, to Oliver dangling maybes, to Oliver DYING. I mean it makes sense for her to just snap under that emotional pressure.

The more I hear about upcoming episodes, the less I look forward to 3B. Really sad about Felicity/Thea. Couldn't give a crap about Felicity/Laurel unless Laurel receives truth tea. Brick looks fun but so inappropriate, I just want to mourn Oliver with Diggle and Felicity. Working with Merlyn is...wow. Laurel stepping up in any way makes me roll my eyes. As Oliver said to Barry, it's not just about being fast, in Laurel's case training. She has no recon experience, no leadership. Diggle and Felicity even considering her makes me cringe. Why are they making Laurel's crazy ass team Arrow's responsibility?

I don't know. Tumblr will have to help me through ep 11-14 I guess. Actually I want to see Oliver return so we'll see.

• Love 10

I am really trying to hold my judgement on Laurel's introduction to the team till I see the episodes.

For all I know the whole vigilante stuff with BC may end up in a great failure, with either Roy or Diggle wounded, which may prompt Laurel to reconsider her career choices. And then, when Oliver returns, he may not be too happy seeing Laurel all suited up. He can simply ask her to stop making a fool of herself (again) and go back to putting the criminals behind bars and not in wheelchairs.

Of course, it will be viewed as the masculine oppresion of the female member of the group... Sigh. And the critisism will be focused on how BC is being deemed unworthy of vigilantism because she's a woman - which is as far away from the truth as we are from the Sun.

Of course, it will be viewed as the masculine oppresion of the female member of the group... Sigh. And the critisism will be focused on how BC is being deemed unworthy of vigilantism because she's a woman - which is as far away from the truth as we are from the Sun.

Moved to the hopes and fears thread :)

Edited by looptab

“Bonus scoop: Speaking of baddies, Vinnie Jones (who on Wednesday begins an arc as Danny “Brick” Brickwell) teased for me a fight scene in which a stunt woman jumped out a high window and grabbed a rope dangling from a helicopter above. Hmm, which character could that be?”

Oh yeah, they're totally going slow with Laurel becoming a vigilante. YUP. Sorry, but I just can't find this to be believable. 

For anyone who says that we don't really know it's Laurel, I could agree with you, but we all know that there are no other women on the show (for all we know) that deals with going against Brick except for maybe Lyla or Felicity. And we both know they both couldn't do it. 

"Felicity’s got some words of wisdom to impart to Laurel, and has a perspective that is somewhat unique." - Marc Guggenheim.

I need this! But i have this fear it wont be the way i imagine it.

Edited by Velocity23

BkWurm1, on 15 Jan 2015 - 8:24 PM, said:

My first instinct is not to guess the woman but guess the window. It might be a remade set to look not like Palmer Industries but I'm expecting it to look very familiar.

If all her scenes take place in a hospital then either Felicity is also in the hospital for most of the episode or it's Mama Smaok that's been admitted.  They wouldn't kill off Felicity's mom...would they?

Yes. Yes they totally could.  And someone is due to die again around episode 16ish.  I don't think so but on the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Interesting about Mama Smoak being in the hospital, though. I expect Felicity to be hurt.  Really, we've seen her knocked out twice but one of these days they are going to have us a genuine "I thought you died" scene, the ones we've all read in fanfics 1,001x. Or at least they ought to. But that probably means they won't.

I do think the "I don't want to be a woman you love" with come from Felicity.  I wonder if we may be in a situation where Oliver is back for a few days observing things before he becomes in the conflict with Vertigo.  Which will absolutely upset her.  I think there has to be some sort of knife twist when he returns that will make her push back.  I keep thinking about what mama smoak said in 5.  Something along the lines of "I was just waiting for you to leave me too, and then I realized you already did."  I think its going to be along those lines, she will push him away because every man she's loved has left her and then chosen not to come back.

I do expect Felicity to be so grief stricken that she walks away. I expect her to be working with Palmer for a large part of the back half of the season.

My issue with this is its just too damn close to laurel's "EVERYONE LEAVE ME!  RUN, RUN FROM LAUREL AS FAST AS YOU CAN" crap.  No. Just no. 

Maybe they will do the whole "I know how it feels to lose you and I can't do that again because you already said its just a matter of time," then have Oliver go through the same thing and then they FINALLY come to an understanding. But again, the fun of speculation is gone.  Its all just me dreading whatever they do because I am sure it will be painful and aweful.  I've given up on there even being a breath of a happy reunion when the team finds out Oliver is alive.  Depressing.

I can not believe that the team considers working with Malcolm, as discussed. He sent Oliver TO HIS DEATH. NO.

I expect that the end of 13 is when Laurel finds out that Malcolm facilitated Sara's death, I can not imagine even her faulty character would suggest this if she knew about the brainwashing.  But Roy and Dig? No excuse for you too. And as everyone else has pointed out--Argus, Barry, cops, Ray. (Although I DO think they involve Ray, because remember we got beat up Brandon pics around this time).  Maybe Felicity actually does convince them to find another way and Ray gets involved.

I just CAN NOT with the thought of Laurel jumping out of a window and grabbing a rope. Their failure with the BC arc is just mindboggling. Really hoping its Nyssa. That's the only thing that makes sense.  We did have the bike with tones of red and black.

Thea/Felicity scenes "Got pushed back."  -->  yeah, okay, whatever.  This only reinforces my previous theory after the TCAs that plot development for their female characters makes the bottom of the list.

As usual every spoiler makes me nautious, not excited. 

Edited by chaos is welcome

Just imagining some conversations:

• In upcoming episode - Laurel (to Felicity): "You saw in Oliver what I've always seen in him."

• IRL - CW Publicist (to KC):  "Okay, when you give your next interview, be sure to compliment the other actors, especially Emily - and please, please stay away from saying that Oliver & Laurel soulmates stuff!"

I think it's not so much that Laurel has earned the BC outfit as KC has earned the BC outfit by waiting two seasons before suiting up  when she was promised the BC moniker when she signed on to the show - I think that's the rationalization (mixing the character and the actress).

That spoiler about Laurel, Roy and maybe Diggle wanting to work with Malcolm to combat Brick truly baffles me.  Malcolm is responsible for the deaths of Robert, Moira, Tommy and 500+ citizens of the Glades.  As others have said, they have other options - why doesn't Diggle consult his fiance Lyla (an ARGUS agent)?

Felicity can't leave Team Arrow for good because they need someone with computer expertise - unless Laurel is going to get that police IT guy to help her again..

I wouldn't be surprised if Episode 10 opens with someone else giving the voice-over introduction.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I think it's not so much that Laurel has earned the BC outfit as KC has earned the BC outfit by waiting two seasons before suiting up  when she was promised the BC moniker when she signed on to the show - I think that's the rationalization (mixing the character and the actress).

And there's the rub, because when I am watching TV, I don't want to think about mixing the two. I think you are absolutely right.  But it ruins the whole universe they have created.

They might limp along without Felicity for awhile.  Like they did in 2.10, 3.04, 3.07.  She'd come back tho. Hero without a mask and all that.

Edited by chaos is welcome
  • Love 1

About Oliver's return and Felicity's scene at the end of 3x12, I'm thinking the two things might not be related. That Tvline article said how she would speak up upon his returning, but it could be just the writer's assumption that the scene Guggenheim raved about was with Oliver. She could be telling how she feels to someone else.