Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I dont think CH is on set yet. He flew out from Paris this morning local time.

He just did an IG story from a car in Vancouver, so it's possible he's filming tonight.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I think it’s too early to tell screentimes.

RG could fly back tomorrow and film every day after.

or they filmed his scenes on friday. we dont know if he is suiting up in the premiere.

3 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

OK, that would still be before Oliver went to prison. The Arrow finale was May 17.

Watson helpfully had the badge made up before Oliver even went to her for the deal because she was that confident. She even knew that the visitor would be stopping by on a day that doesn’t exist. 

Just kidding. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, lemotomato said:

The badge is using DD/MM/year formatting, so it was issued on May 2, 2018.

The date thing is bugging me a lot.  I don't' know any place in the US that uses the DD/MM/Year format over the MM/DD/Year format.   I'm assuming it's a prop made up in Vancouver.  Does Canada use the other format for dates?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

The date thing is bugging me a lot.  I don't' know any place in the US that uses the DD/MM/Year format over the MM/DD/Year format.   I'm assuming it's a prop made up in Vancouver.  Does Canada use the other format for dates?

Government docs typically do YY-MM-DD here in Canada, so this prop makes no sense anywhere...

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

The date thing is bugging me a lot.  I don't' know any place in the US that uses the DD/MM/Year format over the MM/DD/Year format. 

I have use the DD/MM/year format for official documents at work, but the rule is that MM needs to be written out (FEB, MAR, etc) not shortened to numbers because otherwise it would be confusing. The way they made that prop was careless on all levels.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

I have use the DD/MM/year format for official documents at work, but the rule is that MM needs to be written out (FEB, MAR, etc) not shortened to numbers because otherwise it would be confusing. The way they made that prop was careless on all levels.

My current guess it whoever did it is from a country that uses the other format and nobody bothered to check it or tell them differently.  I'm really hoping they fix it or make absolutely sure we can't see it on camera because as petty a detail as it is, it would drive me bonkers if it makes it on tv.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, way2interested said:

Small details like that especially on barely visible on screen things (ex: newspaper articles, phone numbers on things, etc.) are normally just fake and thrown in so the dates don't actually matter

An aside - I was listening to a podcast about The Good Place recently, and one of the writers or producers or someone said they know people pause and blow things up now because of the internet so they take care to make little stuff like that interesting. One more Arrow disappointment I can add to my list. :D

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

An aside - I was listening to a podcast about The Good Place recently, and one of the writers or producers or someone said they know people pause and blow things up now because of the internet so they take care to make little stuff like that interesting. One more Arrow disappointment I can add to my list. :D

The Good Place is my fave show to zoom in on details with. The one that made me laugh the hardest was back in the first season when Tahani had a copy of her diary for whatever reason (I can't remember now) and on the cover it said that the foreword was written by Malala Yousafzai and Kylie Minogue. I wish Arrow was better about this, but they'd probably be comics references that I wouldn't get anyway, LOL. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

One more Arrow disappointment I can add to my list. :D

Ha, to be fair, even big budget films and higher-tier tv shows do it, so it's hard to call it a specific complaint to Arrow when Cinemasins has even been making fun of it for years. It's more like I give extra praise to shows that actually do care about it, especially if they aren't animation.

• Love 2
(edited)

Go to link to see all 8 pics...

Colton Haynes Travels From Paris to Vancouver for 'Arrow' Filming!
July 9, 2018 Just Jared Jr.
http://www.justjared.com/2018/07/09/colton-haynes-travels-from-paris-to-vancouver-for-arrow-filming/

Colton Haynes has arrived in Vancouver, Canada, to start filming for season seven of The CW’s Arrow!

The 29-year-old Teen Wolf star was spotted heading to catch his flight out of Charles de Gaulle Airport on Monday (July 9) in Paris, France.

colton-haynes-travels-from-paris-to-vanc 

Edited by tv echo

Realistically I know there will be those kind of scenes but after s6 I'm so over Dinah I just wanted less of her tbh. I'm still hoping the newbies take a backseat for a while. Fingers crossed!

• Love 8
(edited)

Regarding the rumor about E2-Tommy appearing in S7 of Arrow...

Earth 2 Tommy Merlyn Set To Appear? Colin Donnell Returning? - Arrow Season 7
Published on Jul 5, 2018, by Declan DCTV TALK McKinney
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIxYI7UwQgM

-- Declan McKinney: "Now before we jump into this, I'd like to preface the fact that this is all taken from that same leak that came out a couple weeks ago about all the different storylines going on in Arrow Season 7. This was buried among them. I missed it... Given the fact that this was from a leak on 4chan, please take all this with a grain of salt. This is not confirmed. This is not necessarily real. You know, this could be completely fake, completely made up, so do not take this to be true. This could be completely fake and, in fact, I feel like some of these leaks are going to be fake now, given the fact that Stephen Amell actually came out yesterday and and said that the rumor about him being in prison for three episodes is not true...."

-- On Tommy Merlyn being connected to all of the storylines in S1, DM: "And he was the victim in all of it. He was the victim to every single one. With Oliver, his friend lied to him and then became - you know, he realized he was the Hood. With Laurel, she was just not the greatest girl to Tommy, really. And then of course his father was a murdering maniac. So Tommy was kind of the victim in the entire storyline of Season 1. And with the worse comes the worst, he was actually killed, of course, in the Season 1 finale."

-- DM: "Based on this leak, it seems like Earth 2-Tommy will be coming to Arrow in Season 7. Now while this is very exciting news, I just don't see this happening. Now why would this happen? That's my biggest question. Why would Earth 2-Tommy come to Earth 1 to be involved in the story? I don't see where he would fit in. I don't see why he would come in. I don't see what his purpose would be. I just don't see room for Earth 2-Tommy on this show. Now this leak does specify that he's going to make a three-episode appearance. Now, again, I just find that incredibly random. I don't see why Tommy of any Earth or any, you know, version of the multiverse would show up in Arrow. I just don't understand it. I don't see where they're coming from with this, and I don't see what he would actually be doing, because in the leak it doesn't actually specify that. It simply says, 'Earth 2-Tommy is making an appearance and, more specifically, a three-episode appearance.' But personally I just don't see where he would fit into Arrow, especially in Season 7. I don't see what his purpose would be in the show, which makes me question this leak's validity."

-- DM: "Now there is an argument to be made, of course, a big character at the moment is Black Siren, who is, of course, the Earth-2 Laurel. Now that's the only connection I see to this, is Earth 2-Laurel. Perhaps Earth 2-Laurel is with Earth 2-Tommy? Or knew Earth 2-Tommy very, very well? I don't know. Obviously, we've never been told this. We haven't been given Black Siren's back story. We're still waiting on that. And, based on what Katie Cassidy said, we're going to be getting that next season, although she said that about Season 6 as well, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. So maybe we're going to see Colin Donnell come back in flashbacks for Earth 2-Laurel? I don't know. I could see them doing that. I could see Colin Donnell coming back for that. But I don't really see, you know, three episodes? That's quite a lot. I mean, if it said just the one episode, then yeah, I would totally buy that. But the fact it says three episodes, I find that very weird - unless we're going to go over to Earth 2. But Arrow's not exactly the multiverse show. You know, that's more Flash's thing. Arrow's never really done that, so I don't see why we would do that now, just to - I don't know, reminisce? I don't know. I just find it incredibly weird."

-- DM: "Plus, we don't really know who Earth 2-Tommy is, really. Is he some version of the Green Arrow after Robert Queen? 'Cause we know Robert Queen became the Green Arrow. Or is he the Earth 2 Dark Archer, like he is in the comics? 'Cause that would be pretty cool. Again, what is the point? So, unless he is connected to Earth 2-Black Siren - unless he is connected to Earth 2-Laurel, I don't see why he would be relevant at all."

-- DM: "Also, every time we discuss Tommy coming back on the show, there's always one thing that gets brought up and that is obviously the actor who plays Tommy, Colin Donnell, is a series regular on Chicago Med, making it very, very difficult to come over to Arrow, which is why every time we see him, it's only ever for one scene... We never actually Colin Donnell for a full episode, because he's always so busy, because he's a series regular. He can only ever come down for a day and shoot a scene. So that is why Tommy's use in the show after he died is very sporadic, because we can't actually get Colin Donnell for that amount of length of time - which again, the three-episode thing that it points out, I find very suspect, because I can't see Colin Donnell taking time out from that busy Chicago Med schedule to come and film Arrow for three individual episodes... You know, that could take a couple of weeks. So I don't really see why they do that."

-- DM: "And personally, if we are going to see Earth 2-Tommy next season, the only place I could see it happening is with Earth 2-Laurel flashbacks. If that's the case, then sure. But other than that, I don't see where Tommy's going to fit into this show."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

It sounds like Colin Donnell is not leaving Chicago Med...

Colin Donnell ‘Excited’ for What’s Next for Rhodes on ‘Chicago Med’ After Finale Cliffhanger
By Emily Longeretta  May 16, 2018
https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/is-colin-donnells-rhodes-leaving-chicago-med/

Is Colin Donnell leaving Chicago Med? Not so fast. The season 3 finale, however, ended with quite the cliffhanger. After completing the miracle surgery and successfully separating conjoined twins, Rhodes is offered a job at the Mayo Clinic. Plus, Dr. Bekker (Normah Kuhling) tells him that if it were her, she’d take the job.

Don’t assume he’ll do what she does though.

“One of the things that I always love is when Rhodes is able to come back down to the emergency department and be around his people, really. He’s been up in Cardiothoracic with Dr. Bekker and Dr. Latham (Ato Essandoh) for a couple seasons now, and I have heard that maybe he’ll be spending some more times downstairs for now on,” Donnell, 35, told Us Weekly at the NBC Universal Upfronts on Monday, May 14. “So, I’m excited. I think [the writers] have got some really cool stuff up their sleeves.”

Edited by tv echo
54 minutes ago, tv echo said:

We haven't been given Black Siren's back story. We're still waiting on that. And, based on what Katie Cassidy said, we're going to be getting that next season, although she said that about Season 6 as well, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I feel like everyone should know by now that the things Katie says about her storylines are more aspirational than factual.

• Love 17

I think they'd kill or dump Nick before actually doing anything else with Curtis and another guy, especially if this guy is "recurring with option of being a regular next year."

33 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It's also possible that those sides were fake. 

For sure, although given the new guy is gay it's the whole "every new woman on the show is going to be paired with Oliver" thing, I guess in this case with Curtis.

Maybe the new guy is gay because he’s actually going to be involved in Felicity’s arc and they don’t want anyone misunderstanding his role.  :)

Haven’t most of the sides we’ve come across been fake?

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Maybe the new guy is gay because he’s actually going to be involved in Felicity’s arc and they don’t want anyone misunderstanding his role.  :)

Haven’t most of the sides we’ve come across been fake?

Felicity is married come on.

• Love 1

To be fair, the last time it really happened as a theory with Oliver was with Susan while Olicity were broken up and then he did end up sleeping with her. Thinking Curtis might get with the new guy is basically on the same plane as that.

1 hour ago, way2interested said:

To be fair, the last time it really happened as a theory with Oliver was with Susan while Olicity were broken up and then he did end up sleeping with her. Thinking Curtis might get with the new guy is basically on the same plane as that.

Only if they want invest in a seperate SL for Curtis. After they had done it at the end of s6.

12 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Only if they want invest in a seperate SL for Curtis. After they had done it at the end of s6.

Yeah, the only reason I could think of if they actually wanted to invest in it is if they did want this guy to stick around for s8/after SA leaves to give him a connection up front (per SA's quote about new characters who could carry the show after him and the "recurring to regular if everything works out" description for the character). Otherwise, then I think he's just going to be there to push Felicity's storyline (like he'll probably do any way).

Yeah, the new guy having a tech connection pretty much guarantees he's going to be tied somehow to Helix.  I keep hoping he'll make Curtis an offer he can't refuse and Felicity will "have to" build her company on her own.   If giving Curtis a sugar daddy is what it takes, I'm all for it. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah, the new guy having a tech connection pretty much guarantees he's going to be tied somehow to Helix.  I keep hoping he'll make Curtis an offer he can't refuse and Felicity will "have to" build her company on her own.   If giving Curtis a sugar daddy is what it takes, I'm all for it. 

I'm hoping Felicity gets new guy to buy out her shares because she has too much on her plate at the moment and can't devote her focus to Helix. And then once Oliver's home, she can start over with Smoak Tech. There are few things I want more in S7 than for Curtis to stop being attached to Felicity like a barnacle.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I'm hoping Felicity gets new guy to buy out her shares because she has too much on her plate at the moment and can't devote her focus to Helix. And then once Oliver's home, she can start over with Smoak Tech. There are few things I want more in S7 than for Curtis to stop being attached to Felicity like a barnacle.

Can't Curtis just die instead? ?

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Can't Curtis just die instead? 

I would accept that too. I just don't think we'd ever be that lucky. I continue to hold out hope that either Nick or the new guy will get a great job opportunity out of town and Curtis with leave with him.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I would accept that too. I just don't think we'd ever be that lucky. I continue to hold out hoe that either Nick or the new guy will get a great job opportunity out of town and Curtis with leave with him.

Sigh. I know we’re stuck with him. But I can dream! ?

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe Roy and Felicity try to break Oliver out while the rest of the gang who are in the city stay in the city to get the "wait, so they really aren't going to try to break him out consequences be darned like literally every other time something like this has happened on the show?" argument out of the way.

Edited by way2interested
(edited)
38 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Is Britannia Beach the same place they usually use for Lian Yu?

No. Whytecliff Park is where they shoot the Lian Yu scenes. I don't think Arrow has shot at Britannia Beach before. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

I've been hoping that when Thea found out about Oliver, she sent Roy to be with Felicity and William. This doesn't confirm that, but it gives me hope that it may happen. 

• Love 6

I'm glad that CH is coming back - Roy was a good character.  I don't know how they're going to do it, however, since he just ushered WH off into the sunset.  It's a little quick (and frankly rather soap opera-ish) to say "Right, that didn't work out" and be done.  I always enjoyed Felicity/Roy interactions, so this could be good - I'm just nervous.

• Love 1