Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I have to wonder if something changes slightly in the noobs attitude towards Oliver this episode. Otherwise, why are they all attending his trial in 6.21 based on BTS pics?  They are seated right behind Felicity, William & Raisa.

They're probably going to show up and tell him they did it because they're so morally superior to him.

It would be absolutely ridiculous if Diaz is able to defeat Oliver in a one-on-one fight.

However, here's an idea (which I don't know would be any better). What if Oliver fights Diaz and beats him, but Diaz has recorded or live-streamed the entire fight? Oliver is not aware of the recording because he fired Overwatch. So now Mayor Oliver Queen's fighting skills have been exposed to the world.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I mean, the idea that Diaz can win over Oliver in a fight is laughable. I know he's supposed to be this amazing fighter in the comics but it's not what they've shown on screen at all.

You have to make up your own story for all the stuff they are not telling you. ;-) That is their way of writing stories. This is also how they wrote the Civil War storyline. Why on earth are these characters such petty children? NTA is absolutely the worst. I cannot even pick who I dislike more. But how can you expect a viewer to get your point of view if you never acknowledge that you were part of the problem. Rene could have reflected on his own stupid decisions but it seems as though they are walking on water and that makes me so irrationally mad.

Hopefully, next season we get a better storytelling. And hopefully NTA will be less annoying. Because they will stick around. I am also convinced that E2-Laurel will stick around because one can never have enough BC's who often enough look like someone just told them Santa isn't real. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 5

I'm surprised he spoiled that unless they know the 621 promo pics will be out later and it'll give it away anyway? OR it's not what it looks like. 

Edit: It's also possible he's gotten the week wrong. Haha.

Edited by Guest
12 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I can't believe CD just spoiled that.

And I think that's SA laughing in the background so if this really is a spoiler, he was in on it. Is it just me, or is this the first season where SA has really not cared about spoilers? (Especially this last stretch of eps?)

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Trisha said:

And I think that's SA laughing in the background so if this really is a spoiler, he was in on it. Is it just me, or is this the first season where SA has really not cared about spoilers? (Especially this last stretch of eps?)

If it was filmed during 621 though and just posted now accidentally, I don't think SA was in on him posting it now as a spoiler. To me, unless Oliver does end up in jail for the hiatus, SA's still been mum on spoilers and is still just teasing to get people to think other things (618 teases were him trolling to get people to think it was a flashback just to troll and say that there were no flashbacks for his character, but he never revealed that Oliver was drugged or that JS came back), which is still why I think something else has got to be up with this jail thing, since SA basically keeps trolling that Oliver is going to jail (even teasing it with GreenArrowTv on twitter).

I think SA feels comfortable teasing the audience with Oliver going to jail because he doesn’t go to jail for being GA, which is what's going on with the show now. 

6x21 he gets found not guilty and the audience moves on and than surprise twist in 6x23 - arrested, guilty, prison.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1

SA was the first one to even hint that CD was coming back for 621 by posting that pic of his chair, and then following up with the photo of them together so he hasn't been as anti-spoiler this year as usual. I still don't get why they didn't try to keep his guest spot under wraps. 

I wonder what location...

3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Didn’t the official episode description for 621 also mention that CD was going to guest star? I think it might have been a network sanctioned spoiler, like Colton’s return.

-- 621 synopsis: "COLIN DONNELL GUEST STARS — The pressure mounts for Oliver (Stephen Amell) who begins to wonder if he will lose everything in his battle to save Star City.  A familiar face returns.  Andi Armaganian directed the episode with teleplay by Ubah Mohamed & Tyron B. Carter and story by Marc Guggenheim (#621).  Original airdate 5/3/2018." (Apr. 13, 2018 SpoilerTV article, page 15 of Spoilers thread)

Edited by tv echo
17 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Didn’t the official episode description for 621 also mention that CD was going to guest star? I think it might have been a network sanctioned spoiler, like Colton’s return.

Bingo. SA would have spoiled JS's return since he thought the network was going to spoil it as well but didn't since they didn't and ended up snarking again that opening credits ruin the surprise.

Speculation based on spoiler...

4 Possible Explanations for Colin Donnell's Return to 'Arrow' 
April 26, 2018   Meredith Jacobs
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/arrow/4-possible-explanations-for-co-68523.aspx

Here are four ways we could be seeing Tommy again in episode 21.

1. Another Earth's Tommy

It is possible that we'll be seeing Donnell in much the same way we already have this year. During the crossover, he appeared as Earth-X Tommy. Maybe we'll meet Earth-2's Tommy, showing up for a reason that may or may not be Black Siren-related. Maybe he's from an Earth from which we haven't met anyone yet. 

2. Human Target Poses as Tommy

In season 5, we met Christopher Chance (a.k.a. the Human Target), a master of disguise. Maybe he shows up again, this time wearing a Tommy mask instead of an Oliver one. Why would he do this? Maybe it's for Oliver's trial, as the title suggests we'll be seeing it in this episode. 
3. Tommy Suits Up

Whether it's really Tommy (from this Earth, Earth-2 or any Earth) or Human Target posing as him, it is possible that we'll see Donnell suited up as an archer. Maybe whoever it is tries to clear Oliver's name by going around as the Green Arrow and unmasking during the trial. But would it be enough for him to do so in just this episode? 

4. Lazarus Pit Tommy

This one is the most unlikely, given that it would either mean that Tommy's been alive this entire time and just somewhere else or he's somehow brought back using one of the other Pits recently discovered after all this time. Plus, Donnell is a series regular on Chicago Med, and it's hard to imagine Arrow bringing Earth-1 Tommy back to life only to write him off. 

Edited by tv echo

Do docket numbers change? Because the one the judge read out in Thanksgiving was different than the one in the title for ep 21. Is the change indicating that 21 doesn't have anything to do with the charges against Oliver for being Green Arrow? Or do they change? Or does it not matter because this is Arrow and nothing matters?

11 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Not that I mind the pictures of Colin, but did everyone forget that tonight's not the episode with him in it?

I think they did. Oooops.

Have fun tonight peeps, skipping Arrow for Infinity War

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Do docket numbers change? Because the one the judge read out in Thanksgiving was different than the one in the title for ep 21. Is the change indicating that 21 doesn't have anything to do with the charges against Oliver for being Green Arrow? Or do they change? Or does it not matter because this is Arrow and nothing matters?

The answer is complicated by the fact that the show had Armand acting as the prosecution in a federal courtroom, so it's still not clear whether Oliver is being charged by the state, by the feds, or both. In any case, there are two ways that the docket number could change — (1) if (in either federal court or state court) the original charges against Oliver were dropped but new charges were later filed against him, the prosecutor would file a new case that would have a different docket number, or (2) if what we saw in 607 was an arraignment in federal court but the trial next week is in state court (meaning that the federal charges were either dropped or are still pending, but the state is taking first crack at prosecuting Oliver. FWIW, in the real world, if the feds would almost never let the state go first.).

• Love 4

I'm bummed the CD episode isn't tonight. I woke up with a migraine, couldn't power through and stayed home so I'll be able to watch most of the episode before I leave for Infinity War. But I feel like it might be akin to getting another migraine. Is there anything to look forward to tonight? Other than the snark. The snark is always quality and top notch.

11 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

That 623 episode description really says a lot. ?

Well, Chico's always been so descriptive in the past, I guess she decided to keep going with it.

At least it can probably stop the "Diaz is going on to s7" talk.

In the midst of my residual migraine, I forgot Arrow is on later and will now miss it. Oh well. I will monitor the live chat to see if I should download the ep tomorrow. My prediction is...no. 

I know Chico doesn't care, but you'd think there'd be a little bit more effort to the finale description. She may as well write - Arrow, Ep 623: An episode of Arrow airs. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I wonder if the element that goes beyond Season 6 is not the lizard but the cabal (I forgot the name already).

I think the same amount will go into s7 will be the same as from s4 to s5, which is very little.

27 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

Well, I'm guessing that new ally is going to be Black Siren. I would love for it to be Sara, but her appearance in the finale will probably only amount to a brief cameo. :(

Ah but Sara's already an ally.  The key word is 'new'.  Her appearance probably will be a glorified cameo but I'd love something more significant.

31 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

Well, I'm guessing that new ally is going to be Black Siren. I would love for it to be Sara, but her appearance in the finale will probably only amount to a brief cameo. :(

Yeah. It's definitely BS. Diaz burning a guy was just too much for her! Also something will probably happen to Quentin and she'll catch feelings or whatever and that will make her turn. ??

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Ah but Sara's already an ally.  The key word is 'new'.  Her appearance probably will be a glorified cameo but I'd love something more significant.

Too bad Chico is terrible at writing synopses. It's impossible to read too much into any of these words since she often puts them together incorrectly. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

THE QUADRANT, how dare you

It's the Triad, but like, even more dangerous. Super dangerous!  The most dangerous in the world.

I joke, but I am 80 percent sure that's how the writers came up with the name.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

It's the Triad, but like, even more dangerous. Super dangerous!  The most dangerous in the world.

I joke, but I am 80 percent sure that's how the writers came up with the name.

Who's next? The Quintets? 

• Love 4