Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

At this point the only thing that will surprise me is Oliver not going to jail. lol

Felicity going to jail? ??

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

(This is why the show needs to stop throwing a bone to O/L shippers.) 

The show doesn't have to throw any bones. KC's continued presence on the show is already reason enough for these people to wallow in their delusions. 

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

The show doesn't have to throw any bones. KC's mere presence is already reason enough for these people to wallow in their delusions. 

Yep. I wouldn't call Oliver happily married to another person to the point where his biggest fear is losing her a bone. I wouldn't call Oliver ignoring the existence of Black Siren except for in literally one episode a bone. 

They've been going out of their way to keep SA and KC out of scenes together, probably because they know how much the two suck out any joy out of every scene they're in. Even if KC's contract means she has to stay on the show until the very last episode, I really wouldn't be surprised if she never spends another extended scene alone with SA. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

The show doesn't have to throw any bones. KC's continued presence on the show is already reason enough for these people to wallow in their delusions. 

This. I saw some O/L fans really happy that Laurel was in one of Oliver's hallucinations because they thought it showed she was Oliver's true love/love of his life. They completely ignored the fact that everything about that scene was the guilt he felt for what he did to her. So yeah, any version of LL on the show is a bone to them tbh. They'll just run with it, regardless of what's happening on screen. 

“Oliver is going to pay a price that he hasn’t really paid before,” Ramsey says. “Unlike our other bad guys, who are really trying to go for the jugular in sense that they’re trying to kill Oliver, Ricardo Diaz is just destroying his family piece by piece.

Also, and DR should know that, that's literally the exact opposite of Chase's plan (and Slade's plan to an extent, but one could argue that Slade was still going to kill Oliver anyway afterwards as part of his plan). His big plan was literally to kill everyone except Oliver as his big move, including his family.

With Bamford posting pics of SWAT cars though, it still throws me that if it is jail how very blatantly they are leaning on it (waaaaaay more than other secrets they tried to keep, even though some people predicted the 523 ending, the most they hinted at it was that it would be an explosive cliffhanger ending not literally naming 523 that hinted at it and had a full season plot about it along with bts teases--from SA no less-- and pics that hinted about it).

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

With Bamford posting pics of SWAT cars though, it still throws me that if it is jail how very blatantly they are leaning on it (waaaaaay more than other secrets they tried to keep, even though some people predicted the 523 ending, the most they hinted at it was that it would be an explosive cliffhanger ending not literally naming 523 that hinted at it and had a full season plot about it along with bts teases--from SA no less-- and pics that hinted about it).

Either they don't care about spoilers anymore or they're being misleading and want us to think Oliver is going to jail when really it's someone else. Or everyone goes to prison! Prison for all! ?

29 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Not even that would surprise me, since they hinted at it when Cayden framed her. That said, whatever happens will be to Oliver.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

William goes to jail. Diaz frames him for everything he, Cayden James, Slade, Chase, Malcolm Merlyn, GA, the Arrow, the Hood, and assorted TA members have ever done and the murder that Barry was recently cleared of. Plus, that time last week that some kid stole a bottle of Pepsi from the gas station down the street. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Also, and DR should know that, that's literally the exact opposite of Chase's plan (and Slade's plan to an extent, but one could argue that Slade was still going to kill Oliver anyway afterwards as part of his plan). His big plan was literally to kill everyone except Oliver as his big move, including his family.

Part of me is wondering if Oliver is the red herring in this prison thing and it's really Felicity that ends the season in jail. They laid some foreshadowing for it and I can kind of fit it into spoilers. Oliver is alone - Felicity is in jail and William goes to live with surprise grandparents. KP said that Felicity isn't in jail in 21 but maybe KP doesn't know the twist in the finale.

The bigger part of me know Oliver is going to jail.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Nothing about this interests me. 

Could they pick a less threatening looking actor to play the Quadrant leader? Although since Diaz is lame and unthreatening himself it suits I suppose. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Part of me is wondering if Oliver is the red herring in this prison thing and it's really Felicity that ends the season in jail.

My thing isn't even that Oliver is the red herring for prison but that prison is a red herring for something else. If the season ends with Oliver going to prison then I don't know why they would hint at that in the title alone. It could be something like maybe Oliver actually gets sentenced in 622 and 623 actually as part of the plot touches on Oliver about to go to prison (maybe planning on getting out of it somehow, but then the season ends with Oliver just choosing prison anyway or something like that).

After watching that clip, I really hope that the reason Cayden James wasn't the season's real Big Bad is because they couldn't afford Emerson for that long.

2 hours ago, way2interested said:

The thing that gets me is that Slade had a reason to go after Oliver personally - what happened on the island. Chase had a reason that was personal too - Oliver killed his father. Cayden James thought Oliver had killed his son. Even for R'as it was personal, part Sara and part wanting him to join.

But for Diaz, there is little reason to go after Oliver personally especially now that he is no longer the mayor and zero reason to go after his family. For every other Big Bad it made a sort of sense. With 3-D it's just stupid.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

I am really gonna need the live episode thread to get through this episode. ?

There should be a lot of comedy gold in how bad it is.  

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

Part of me is wondering if Oliver is the red herring in this prison thing and it's really Felicity that ends the season in jail. They laid some foreshadowing for it and I can kind of fit it into spoilers. Oliver is alone - Felicity is in jail and William goes to live with surprise grandparents. KP said that Felicity isn't in jail in 21 but maybe KP doesn't know the twist in the finale.

The bigger part of me know Oliver is going to jail.

Your spec is what's going on in my head.  I'm feeling pretty sure that William is back with the Grandparents for some reason, likely meddling from Diaz.  More iffy on Felicity in jail but it seems at least possible.  Diaz is going to try messing with her some way.  Maybe if not jail, folding her company before it starts?  But if Oliver isn't officially either convicted or outed as the GA I'll be surprised.  

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

The thing that gets me is that Slade had a reason to go after Oliver personally - what happened on the island. Chase had a reason that was personal too - Oliver killed his father. Cayden James thought Oliver had killed his son. Even for R'as it was personal, part Sara and part wanting him to join.

But for Diaz, there is little reason to go after Oliver personally especially now that he is no longer the mayor and zero reason to go after his family. For every other Big Bad it made a sort of sense. With 3-D it's just stupid.

I assumed everyone eventually goes after the GA because he's going to go after them but it's not like he's been much more than a nuisance this time around.  

His face is a mess. I really wanna know who is in the hospital bed. 

Edited by Guest
36 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

He knows that Oliver is GA. That's reason enough. Don't try to take over a city and leave its hero standing. 

Liz Kim is either very brave or very naive.

I've been  sick all week but I'm determined to be up for the love posting thread.

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

He knows that Oliver is GA. That's reason enough. Don't try to take over a city and leave its hero standing. 

But why go after his family rather than Oliver himself? I know that's 3-D's m.o. but if he did his homework he should know that doesn't work with Oliver.

Everything points to Diaz just being a really stupid villain.

• Love 4

Maybe Oliver is on his way to prison and gets snatched? I'm hung up on the thing that can't be changed or whatever the verbiage was. Nothing I can think of can't be undone unless he loses a limb which I don't think is happening. 

This is why Felicity needs friends outside of the bunker. This conversation would make 100% more sense if she was having it with Alena and not the guy who hacked into her best friend's chip, and has been disrespecting her husband for months now. 

Edited by doesntworkonwood
  • Love 19

When Curtis said "I'm going to try not to take satisfaction out of that" I just wanted to hit him. HARD.

You know, I'd rather that the show were about Oliver, Felicity and William having family times with Diggle and Quentin dropping by,  than what we're probably going to get tonight.  And I never though I would say that at the start of the season.

• Love 13

"I'm gonna have to try and not take satisfaction out of that." DIE CURTIS DIE.

While I'm happy to see how Felicity feels about Oliver "firing" Overwatch, this was not the way to do it. Working with that asshole is just...no. 

2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

They are tripling down on the newbies being assholes. 

The best thing about it is that Oliver's not even the one who did the thing that initially pissed them all off - Felicity's the one who tracked them, not him. LOL

• Love 2

I care so much more about that one photo from filming the season finale - hospital! Oliver's face! - than probably 90% of tonight's episode. (Please let Felicity say something to Curtis at some point if I have to sit through scenes where I'm going "shut up, Curtis," multiple times.)

• Love 2

Maybe William's in hospital and that's supposed to be the kid's ward.

Apparently EBR has barely filmed for the finale but I'm a little confused by the phrasing of this tweet because I thought they'd only just started filming 623? So it's possible she has more coming. IDK? 

It wouldn't shock me if she doesn't have a big role though. Guess we'll see. ?

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Maybe William's in hospital and that's supposed to be the kid's ward.

Apparently EBR has barely filmed for the finale but I'm a little confused by the phrasing of this tweet because I thought they'd only just started filming 623? So it's possible she has more coming. IDK? 

It wouldn't shock me if she doesn't have a big role though. Guess we'll see. ?

They have 4 days left on the finale (if they dont shoot on Saturday). According to the script filming was 16th-25th.  So she still has plenty of time to film.

1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

They have 4 days left on the finale (if they dont shoot on Saturday). According to the script filming was 16th-25th.  So she still has plenty of time to film.

I thought so. But the way Ken phrased it was as if filming was over? Strange. 

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I thought so. But the way Ken phrased it was as if filming was over? Strange. 

His snark level has been off the charts as of late but since the original question was for this week, I assume he just means this week.

Unless the shooting dates on the script is inaccurate idk what he is talking about.
200.gif

I really don't get the choice to have Curtis comment on finding satisfaction in the situation.  They could have let him have his wow and asked Felicity how she was feeling without inserting himself into it.  We all would know what he is thinking but I wouldn't have had that primal wave of rage.  They really can't stop twisting the knife.  Only the damage is all back on the newbs.

I thought they'd been trying to dial it down these last weeks but I guess it really doesn't take much to unleash all the that accumulated  frustration.   

• Love 11

Hope this shows up - will let someone with a better version post in the Spoiler Thread.  From Twitter, this is for episode 22  - The Ties that Bind:

image.thumb.png.b8b6f23759642a49a28b57caf64ae511.png

I think I might just let this be the last episode of the season given what we have heard about episode 23.