Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Wow. So, out of all the Big Bads we've had, despite some of them making appearances after their big bad season, Diaz is the first to potentially get to be the Big Bad in two seasons. Fantastic. 

We really couldn't have had Adrian Chase as the two-season Big Bad. I assume, even if Diaz isn't defeated in the finale, his villain arc for season 7 won't last the entire season, but I do think they'll drag it into at least the fourth or fifth episode, which is still too long for me. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

This will be the first show to have the villain win at the end of the season.

Technically this isn’t true. Merlyn still leveled part of the Glades at the end of season 1 and Chase blew up the island with everyone Oliver loved at the end of season 5 (we still don’t really know how everyone managed to survive).

I really hope they don’t have Diaz win in the end and carry him over to season 7. KA’s performance as Diaz is worse than Matt Nable’s Ra’s and I don’t want to have to put up with KA being associated with the show any more than I have to.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah, it almost feels too obvious tbh. But then these writers probably think we haven't guessed what's happening so IDK. Haha. 

And if Oliver doesn't go to jail, who does? Or does "life sentence" mean something else?

Maybe they will swerve and send Rene to jail for life for not keeping his end of the deal!!!  

• Love 4

If Diaz sticks around, and KA already has been in talks to return, it would explain his arrogant, over-the-top Dragon posts. What a terrible, unworthy villain to keep around. 

Also, if Oliver goes to jail, and most definitely if we get the Van Dyke, I'm going to need an NC-17/TV-MA segment when he and Felicity are reunited. 

• Love 14

It feels like they are cutting S6 and already selling S7.

The comment about S7 being more comic-y makes sense now.

I'm not convinced Diaz is coming back. I think the spec that Oliver may be framed for Lance's death could be accurate. It could be the finale twist. Diaz and BS are defeated/dead, everything is good and then he's taken into custody with evidence created by Diaz, fast forward scene of him being sentenced to life in prison.

It could still account for KA's cocky attitude. He knows Diaz gets a win in.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

If Diaz sticks around, and KA already has been in talks to return, it would explain his arrogant, over-the-top Dragon posts. What a terrible, unworthy villain to keep around. 

Also, if Oliver goes to jail, and most definitely if we get the Van Dyke, I'm going to need an NC-17/TV-MA segment when he and Felicity are reunited. 

First of all: Diaz is the worst! And the actor portraying him doesn't make it any better. Sometimes I get that being the villain is hard but I seriously don't get his motivation. With Malcolm or Slade or Adrian, you at least got where they were coming from. Or at least I did. 

In the end, I just don't want Oliver and Felicity's relationship to suffer even if he goes to jail. I doubt I could handle relationship angst on top of more comic book hair. 

14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

It feels like they are cutting S6 and already selling S7.

Which gives you the impression that they seemingly understood that S6 wasn't their best and now they cannot wait for S7 to begin.

• Love 1

In addition to Diaz sticking around, I thought of another consequence of Oliver going to prison: The newbies will HAVE to stay around and save the city.  All of them.  Even though I've heard Gotham is lovely this time of year.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Technically this isn’t true. Merlyn still leveled part of the Glades at the end of season 1 and Chase blew up the island with everyone Oliver loved at the end of season 5 (we still don’t really know how everyone managed to survive).

I really hope they don’t have Diaz win in the end and carry him over to season 7. KA’s performance as Diaz is worse than Matt Nable’s Ra’s and I don’t want to have to put up with KA being associated with the show any more than I have to.

Yeah but people thought Merlyn was dead and yes Adrian did destroy the island but he also died. I think they'll have Diaz probably deliver the last line of the season fully alive and has taken over the city while oliver sits in Prison.

We might be getting rid of Diaz but I would actually be surprised if one of the newbies were to die in S6. I am 99% certain we are stuck with them. If I am wrong about that, I really wouldn't mind.

• Love 1

Maybe one of the noobs dies and Oliver gets framed for that. 

I don't want Quentin to die. I like PB. I was waiting for him to get a storyline about something other than a dead daughter or a resurrected daughter or a fake daughter.

But with PB in England growing a beard...that probably means Quentin is toast. Stupid show!

• Love 2

I would have preferred keeping Chase around for 2 seasons than Dragon but, I'm not opposed to it. I actually liked him in 618 and, I much prefer a street level criminal for Arrow than what we've gotten with Darhk (who i loved but was too powerful and had too big of an Evil Plan) or Ra's Al Ghul (again to big, plis the actor sucked).

I think it would be cool to take Star City from Oliver and make it as corrupt as Gotham. S7 could be really freaking gritty, like S1 level gritty abd I would really like that.

I would be fine with it if they didn’t set him up as such a moron. I don’t believe in any way this idiot could keep a whole city under his thumb for that long without accidentally blowing it up or losing all its money. Considering he already nearly did both those things. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 13

Can someone remind me of the actual charges against Oliver? It’s that he is the Green Arrow/vigilantism right? I vaguely remember that there were other charges. 

It’s kind of weird though if he is convicted of crimes he actually did commit but then exonerated or freed. ? Though, I could see this Oliver telling the team to leave him in jail because he’s guilty and then he needs to escape because William is kidnapped (again) or Lyla could put him on the Suicide Squad? 

It seems like that prison storyline is about being framed for a crime? Fauxmetheus must set him up for something else major like some other posters suggested. 

Edited by leopardprint

If the big finale ending is something that's not been done before by a comic show per Marc and Stephen I think that rules out Oliver going to jail for murder since The Flash  just did that storyline. 

So you're telling me that Quentin is going to die,  Oliver is going to jail, Diggle is still with ARGUS and the n00bs and Diaz are sticking around for season 7?

Why exactly does MG think I'm going to be tuning in?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Cleanqueen said:

Yeah but people thought Merlyn was dead and yes Adrian did destroy the island but he also died. I think they'll have Diaz probably deliver the last line of the season fully alive and has taken over the city while oliver sits in Prison.

My problem with Diaz and him taking over the city is his supposed plan doesn't make sense since until the team stopped the bomb and Cayden James, Diaz was going to flee the city and that was that.  He was way too upset about James not sending that helicopter to have been playing him the whole time which means he took over the whole freaking city and turned every cop and most officials dirty in just a matter of weeks?  He's a light switched villain.  We only are told about his control and his villainy, we haven't seen any proof he could pull this off.  Next week if they try to explain it's already too late.  It will feel like a retcon.  

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

So you're telling me that Quentin is going to die,  Oliver is going to jail, Diggle is still with ARGUS and the n00bs and Diaz are sticking around for season 7?

None of that except the Diggle stuff (and even then I want to see how far they'll go with that given the response to 617) has been confirmed

27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why exactly does MG think I'm going to be tuning in?

All of this is speculation though. 

I wonder if part of the reason Oliver might go to prison is to give the newbies a chance to walk in his shoes and "save" the city while he's absent? Maybe so they gain more experience and get on a more level playing field? Not that it would ever compare to six years of OTA doing this but I could totally see the writers thinking this. Ugh, I just know we're stuck with them. I don't want it but I can see them doing this, especially as the teams are going to be kept separate for a while. At least, I'm assuming. ?

Quentin has annoyed me for the majority of this season but I'd actually rather keep him around than the newbies. Plus I liked him in 618. When they keep him away from the BS stuff, he talks sense and I like his relationship with Oliver. I also think this show needs a few characters who don't wear masks and if Quentin does die, that just leaves Felicity. If 623 filming starts soon, I'll guess we'll soon know if PB is back filming or not. 

• Love 3

I wonder if Dig and Felicity leaving the team right now is because Oliver is going to jail soon and this protects them from also being prosecuted in some way (not that that’s how the law works but Arrow doesn’t seem to care about such details).

Also, what do we know about 622 that would make the 623 title significant?

3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I wonder if Dig and Felicity leaving the team right now is because Oliver is going to jail soon and this protects them from also being prosecuted in some way (not that that’s how the law works but Arrow doesn’t seem to care about such details).

Also, what do we know about 622 that would make the 623 title significant?

I hate a tease. Just tell us already!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I had to remember what that episode was about, and yeah, he's definitely going to jail, it sounds like. The only outfit he wore in 1x05 that would stand out would be the prison outfit he wore to his own party when he was arrested. I'm just surprised it sounds like he'll be going to jail earlier on in the episode. I know they film things out of order, but I don't think they'd film his jail scene at the end of the episode on the first day of filming the finale. 

8 minutes ago, Trisha said:

That was the ep Quentin arrested him on a murder charge. This feels...not subtle. 

And now he'll be arrested for allegedly murdering Quentin. Presumably RIP Lance - you were great 20% of the time, godspeed.

• Love 3

The docket # in ep 21's title is different than the one for his GA charges - so either Oliver's trial is going to span three episodes until he's found guilty of whatever crime it is that gets him a life sentence, or we get two trials in three episodes LOL. I...really can't tell which is more likely in this craptastic season. With Canadagraph's tweet, I'm guessing maybe the two trials is more likely? If he gets found not guilty of whatever he's charged with and then gets a life sentence for something else. 

Edited by apinknightmare
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Plus I liked him in 618. When they keep him away from the BS stuff, he talks sense and I like his relationship with Oliver. I also think this show needs a few characters who don't wear masks and if Quentin does die, that just leaves Felicity.

I know that this is a CW show but Quentin is the last remaining person who is of an older generation,  someone to whom Oliver could go to for a broader, experienced opinion now that he's kind of equal to Diggle.  I think there's a need for someone like that.  (It kind of feels like the Star Trek episode where everyone dies when they got adulthood. )

• Love 1

I take back what I said about Oliver not going to jail. It goes to show that Stephen and Marc obviously dont watch Flash since they were saying this is something other comic book shows haven't done and yet, The Flash just did it. Unless they intend to really commit and have Oliver spend an entire season or something in jail Prison Break style, Im not getting how Oliver in jail is this super shocking never been done before twist? 

20 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Im not getting how Oliver in jail is this super shocking never been done before twist? 

I'm still slightly skeptical on that being what's going on, with SA and the episode title being so blatant about it. And the matter of it supposed to be something that fundamentally changes the show and undoable even though it's still something that can be fixed by 708. Even when MG was saying something to that affect last year it was true to the extent that Oliver has to be a full-time parent now.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 2

According to IMDB, EK is 6' 4", PB is 6' 3", RG is 5' 8", and DR is 6' 2"

Also, I remembered that Lance was in a hospital bed back in season 2 and took a screencap for comparison sake. Not sure if this is conclusive, though:

lance.thumb.JPG.2903b49b2f3c2253757780878f80b968.JPG

• Love 1

Rene has been in hospital like 3 times this season. LOL. I find it hard to believe it's him tbh. But I do wonder what's happening that makes Ken think it's him, knowing he might have spoilers. ?

Unless this pic was taken from a moment where they weren't actually filming, Oliver is smiling way too fondly for it to be any of the newbies. I'd be surprised if it was one of them. And I don't think it's Felicity, not just because of the height of the person but because of the way Oliver is sitting? I feel like he'd be closer and turned towards her. IDK.

The things we speculate from a picture... ?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Im going with it being a male character just because it looks like a guys chest. So It could be anyone out of Quentin, Diggle, Curtis or Rene

What if it's someone who has been saved or turns out not dead. Like Tommy? 

• Love 1