Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Oliver outing himself would put a prime target on Williams back so probably not best to do that until he is an adult and can fend for himself.

And I'm still waiting on that Halloween episode where they all dress up as their comic counterparts in corny spandex.

The thing is he always says that they could be closer to the comics or comics GA every year, so it's honestly hard for me to really be swayed into anything by him saying that. At this point what it sounds like is maybe he pleads guilty but they clear him by the end of the season or something and then he thinks about outing himself.

I hate the idea of Oliver outing himself. It worked for Tony Stark because he appears in a move once every couple of years and because being a vigilante is an accepted thing in that universe.  Arrow has to put in 23 hours each season and Oliver outing himself is really going to limit available story lines. Also there's that pesky anti-vigilante ordinance.

1 hour ago, Trisha said:

If he goes to jail, does Felicity get the company seed money she put up for bail back? Or is bail money gone forever? 

I know nothing about it but I assumed that once the person goes to trial and either goes to prison or is acquitted, the bail money is returned.

• Love 3

I can't get excited over any big "event" happening in the finale because there's payoff anyway. Blow up an entire island and kill off the one person no one in the audience is really rooting for to live. That's their idea of resolving big events.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I know nothing about it but I assumed that once the person goes to trial and either goes to prison or is acquitted, the bail money is returned.

Yeah, only if they skip out would someone lose the money they posted for bail.  

As for more aligning with the comics, I do recall a storyline where when Oliver was Mayor he outed himself.  He had to step down from being Mayor but I don't recall anything more than that.  If they are moving him out of the Mayor's office that could be what he's talking about.  Or maybe he's getting a jaunty little hat?

Or maybe once he's outed himself he goes it alone for that most part.  Which really is what they've been doing since the NTA split but perhaps they will use this ridiculous rift to move Diggle to some other position altogether?  What if not being able to step in as team leader pushes Diggle to look for a different leadership opportunity?  

That still would leave Felicity unless they push her being super busy with her company but having Oliver have no one to talk to would make for a really dull episode.  But they could do something like that for a one off episode.  And it wouldn't be the first time that an entire season is painted by the brush of what really only happens in the first episode back. 

Maybe if Oliver is outed as the GA and has to mostly go it alone, the part lining up with the comics would be him going back to targeting the low-level street crime.  At least for a while.  And as for William, they can ship him off to his Grandparents I guess and have Oliver visit off-screen?  At this point, I'm against him being a part-time parent.  Commit to something and do it.  Don't go back and forth.  But they could frame it as a safety thing again I guess.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I've seen some tweets from the panel and I have to say, nothing he's saying seems very different to what he's said before. I feel like every season he's said the classic GA look might be possible or they might bring in more GA comic stuff. Meh. 

Edit: There was a tweet which said "the end of season is a reset" but I can't find it now.

Edited by Guest
7 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Good, I’m glad. I wouldn’t have wanted them to be angry at each other for a long period of time. Especially if Oliver’s just venting some frustration - there’s enough idiotic drama on this show right now as it is. 

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Edit: There was a tweet which said "the end of season is a reset" but I can't find it now.

Isn't that also something they've said about the end of seasons before. I guess it depends what the "event" is. Maybe all is forgiven between everyone? Or opposite, everyone goes their own way in order to come back together in the first couple of eps of S7. Or would outing himself as GA count as a reset? Amnesia? Flashpoint? LOT effing everything up. Kidding about some of these. 

Glad the thing between Olicity and William is resolved, I don't want them on the outs as well as Diggle. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I’m crossing my fingers that he means all shows in the wider Arrowverse, as it relates to more comic book stuff, and not Arrow in particular. I personally would love a spin off for newbies... 

34 minutes ago, bijoux said:

That’s really vague. It doesn’t even have to be connected directly to Oliver. 

It doesn't even make sense, when wasn't there an opportunity to explore having other comic book stuff in the Arrowverse?

• Love 1

Not that I actually expected us to see a honeymoon but I was hoping the season would end with them heading to one:

Also, did the pap ever confirm which dark haired actress they flew in for 621? Because CP is in Vancouver:

I just saw the dare to defy promo.  I'm confused why are the three characters shown from Arrow Green Arrow, Black Siren, and Black Canary?  Granted it's more people from the other shows, which I think they all only had one.  But really, those are the three main characters to highlight from Arrow?

• Love 2
(edited)

Here's another reference to SA's "end of season reset" comment...

ANONYMOUS
SENT A MESSAGE
Stephen says the end of the season will be like a “reset” of sorts. What do you think this means? Obviously it’s good to take everything w a grain of salt when it comes to end of season cause they tend to oversell. Some are freaking out it’ll mean this year was all a “dream”, they’ll do a time jump or get rid of David & Emily (? I don’t think they would ever do that.) Curious on your opinion of “reset” tho. Theorize away!

https://callistawolf.tumblr.com/post/172503912462/stephen-says-the-end-of-the-season-will-be-like-a

Edited by tv echo

When EBR signed for season 2, it was a 6 year contract so that it ends at the end of s7, same as SA's. SA, Colin Donnell and KC all signed for 7  seasons originally (CD said in a panel.)

No idea about David Ramsey but it makes sense that they would have locked him in for 7 seasons too as Green Arrow's fighting companion.

• Love 1
(edited)
59 minutes ago, Zackary said:

Where is she getting that David and Emily are signed through season 7?

IIRC Emily once said she was signed through S7 (6 seasons) a few years ago and DR was presumably given the same 7 year contract all the S1 regulars were, not sure if he's ever confirmed but we know most others were. Obviously that doesn't mean they can't be killed off or leave, but I hope I'm right in saying it's unlikely at least until the finale season. 

Callistawolf is right that it's basically the same language they use every year and right now it's too vague to panic about anything specific, though nothing he said at that con makes me very enthusiastic about the finale or S7. The only thing I do think is they might want a finale which has a few more stakes than the non event that was the exploding of Lian Yu which only killed Samantha so far (outside chance of Talia or Evelyn, but I wouldn't count on it, SA did say he wouldn't mind Evelyn being redeemed because she was a dumb teen and Talia is a big character that can always be brought back, especially with KL having a different show). 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

IIRC Emily once said she was signed through S7 (6 seasons) a few years ago and DR was presumably given the same 7 year contract all the S1 regulars were, not sure if he's ever confirmed but we know most others were. Obviously that doesn't mean they can't be killed off or leave, but I hope I'm right in saying it's unlikely at least until the finale season. 

Callistawolf is right that it's basically the same language they use every year and right now it's too vague to panic about anything specific, though nothing he said at that con makes me very enthusiastic about the finale or S7. The only thing I do think is they might want a finale which has a few more stakes than the non event that was the exploding of Lian Yu which only killed Samantha so far (outside chance of Talia or Evelyn, but I wouldn't count on it, SA did say he wouldn't mind Evelyn being redeemed because she was a dumb teen and Talia is a big character that can always be brought back, especially with KL having a different show). 

Are we sure all the season 1 regulars were given a 7 year contract? In the interviews MG did addressing Willa’s exit, he mentioned she opted not to renew her contract for next season. Meaning her contract was up in Season 6. One of the articles also mentioned that the cast was currently undergoing contract renegotiations, so who would fall under that? 

*Can anybody be so kind as to link me to where Emily stated she has a 6 year contract? I’m curious as to the context. 

Edited by Zackary

Considering that Just Jared is reporting that the cast is renegotiating together this year i don't think we can claim to know anything about their contracts.

They're also not the first to report it, since Paps also claim to have heard about contracts being up.

We also know from MG that Willa's contract was up this year. So I doubt DR and PB had longer contacts, 

My guess I'd we'll never really know but, I think DR, EBR and PB had/have contracts ending this season (along with Willa) and Echo, RG and JH were given 1 year contracts which get renewed yearly 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Considering that Just Jared is reporting that the cast is renegotiating together this year i don't think we can claim to know anything about their contracts.

They're also not the first to report it, since Paps also claim to have heard about contracts being up.

We also know from MG that Willa's contract was up this year. So I doubt DR and PB had longer contacts, 

My guess I'd we'll never really know but, I think DR, EBR and PB had/have contracts ending this season (along with Willa) and Echo, RG and JH were given 1 year contracts which get renewed yearly 

Holland was such a bigger name than Ramsey and PB when she was cast. I have trouble believing they would have given them a longer contract than her. 

(edited)
36 minutes ago, Zackary said:

Holland was such a bigger name than Ramsey and PB when she was cast. I have trouble believing they would have given them a longer contract than her. 

I'm pretty sure she had the same 7 year contract originally, but for whatever reason her episode count got shortened last season, supposedly because she asked for it but there is some controversy, and a shorter contract this season, leading to her exit. The writers insist it was something she wanted and they agreed to it.

Contracts can change, Colin Donnell confirmed he was contracted for 7 seasons and he only lasted one because they decided to kill him and keep Malcolm on as the Dark Archer. Similar to ST and KC, the network is under no obligation to keep them until the end of their contracts, they can tell them they're being killed off early, it's basically just to tie in the actors to make themselves available to the network in exchange for their name in the credits and a regular income as long as it lasts or they negotiate an early exit. Depending on the actor other perks might be written in as well. 

WH might have been a better known actor to the CW audience but PB had been around a long time and had his own show a few years before and been a regular on several others, he like ST was definitely a significant casting for the show.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

WH might have been a better known actor to the CW audience but PB had been around a long time and had his own show a few years before and been a regular on several others, he like ST was definitely a significant casting for the show.

In any other network, I would expect PB to be at par with WH. Considering this is the CW where the amount of older stars can practically be counted on 2 hands, I think it’s highly unlikely that PB would have gotten a better deal in any regard than WH. He’s always been the “and” at the end of the credits. ST’s name recognition was way higher than PB’s though. 

Marc’s interview with EW gave me the impression that at the end of season 4 Willa told them she wouldn’t be reneweing the contract. He mentioned they brought it up again post season 5 and she still had that mindset, so they knew this season would be her last. Willa came to them and told them she wanted to leave the show, but she was contracted for a certain amount of time so she had to film. They were very accommodating in cutting her episode count, but the way Marc speaks makes it feel like this was her last season all along.

Just now, Zackary said:

In any other network, I would expect PB to be at par with WH. Considering this is the CW where the amount of older stars can practically be counted on 2 hands, I think it’s highly unlikely that PB would have gotten a better deal in any regard than WH. He’s always been the “and” at the end of the credits. ST’s name recognition was way higher than PB’s though. 

Marc’s interview with EW gave me the impression that at the end of season 4 Willa told them she wouldn’t be reneweing the contract. He mentioned they brought it up again post season 5 and she still had that mindset, so they knew this season would be her last. Willa came to them and told them she wanted to leave the show, but she was contracted for a certain amount of time so she had to film. They were very accommodating in cutting her episode count, but the way Marc speaks makes it feel like this was her last season all along.

Jesse L Martin had a higher paycheck then Grant Gustin the lead of the Flash. So i dont think it means much if this is the CW.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Jesse L Martin had a higher paycheck then Grant Gustin the lead of the Flash. So i dont think it means much if this is the CW.

You can’t compare Jesse L Martin to PB. There are older actors like Victor Garber whose name recognition alone warrants that paycheck. PB didn’t have a higher name recognition than WH. 

1 minute ago, Zackary said:

You can’t compare Jesse L Martin to PB. There are older actors like Victor Garber whose name recognition alone warrants that paycheck. PB didn’t have a higher name recognition than WH. 

I dont know. Willa Holland had issues since her OC days with substance abuse rumours. Just because she got the billing doesnt mean she got the big paycheck. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

ETA: Nevermind.

Edited by KenyaJ
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I dont know. Willa Holland had issues since her OC days with substance abuse rumours. Just because she got the billing doesnt mean she got the big paycheck. 

I’m not going to get into speculation about an actor’s personal issues.

Just now, Zackary said:

I’m not going to get into speculation about an actor’s personal issues.

Sure but we talking about how much the network invested in the show. And honestly in s1 Paul Blackthorne had an important role in the show. I would have said more importan then Thea. 

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Sure but we talking about how much the network invested in the show. And honestly in s1 Paul Blackthorne had an important role in the show. I would have said more importan then Thea. 

Willa was still billed higher. I know it’s different now because so many people have come and gone that billing doesn’t  reflect what’s on screen. Nevertheless, when they cast the pilot and planned out the series, they did so with Willa being billed higher than PB. PB didn’t simply sign on a year after Willa or anything. They both signed on at the same time and the network determined that Willa should be billed higher. When you translate that into how they negotiated the contracts, it just doesn’t seem likely they’d offer him 7 years and her only 6.

**Edit: Every person who has ever shared any info on the show seems to be in accordance that renegotiations are ongoing. 

Edited by Zackary
10 minutes ago, Zackary said:

Willa was still billed higher. I know it’s different now because so many people have come and gone that billing doesn’t  reflect what’s on screen. Nevertheless, when they cast the pilot and planned out the series, they did so with Willa being billed higher than PB. PB didn’t simply sign on a year after Willa or anything. They both signed on at the same time and the network determined that Willa should be billed higher. When you translate that into how they negotiated the contracts, it just doesn’t seem likely they’d offer him 7 years and her only 6.

**Edit: Every person who has ever shared any info on the show seems to be in accordance that renegotiations are ongoing. 

In the case of KC we all saw billing was meaningless. so i dont give much importance to that.

• Love 2

Strangely enough, I am not that worried. SA said that he has a contract, right. (Also they wouldn't renew the show if Arrow himself isn't locked down) And for some reason, I highly doubt they'd let EBR and DR walk away. As for the rest, I can't say I need them on the show all that much. 

Also if Arrow were to get a shorter season, then everyone could still do other stuff. 

• Love 5
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Zackary said:

PB didn’t have a higher name recognition than WH. 

I had never heard of Willa Holland before.  Paul Blackthorne was Harry Dresden.

CD stated bluntly that he was signed on for 7 seasons so I don't understand why SA would need a new contract right now.

Wasn't the standard contract when Arrow started 3 years?  I know nothing about what happened on Arrow but I would guess that they locked down the three leads (SA, KC and CD) for 7 years because they were basing the show on the trianguarity, and everyone else got the standard 3 year contracts. That would explain why WH could renegotiate for s4.

ETA

Strangely enough, I am not that worried. SA said that he has a contract, right. (Also they wouldn't renew the show if Arrow himself isn't locked down)

This. MG has said that the show is over when SA no longer wants to do it.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Would they publicly announce that the show is coming back if they didn't already have an idea about how those contracts will be figured out? Unless the idea of shortening the season is still in the air and whatever negotiations are made would influence that.

3 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Would they publicly announce that the show is coming back if they didn't already have an idea about how those contracts will be figured out? Unless the idea of shortening the season is still in the air and whatever negotiations are made would influence that.

I think the only one they really need for renewal is SA, and since he’s locked for season 7 everything else can be sorted out.