Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Interesting, i was just reasing the TV Line article about Willa's departure and MG made the same comment about taking away Oliver's support structure (was the spoiler from TV Line or abother site?).

Anyway in the context provided of Q&A it makes a lot more sense and way less annoying than the spoiler blurb made it sound.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Interesting, i was just reasing the TV Line article about Willa's departure and MG made the same comment about taking away Oliver's support structure (was the spoiler from TV Line or abother site?).

Anyway in the context provided of Q&A it makes a lot more sense and way less annoying than the spoiler blurb made it sound.

Was the spoiler blurb from Natalie Abrams? 

Compare and contrast...

-- MG: “This season has been very much about removing all of the support structures from Oliver... One of the challenges we placed for ourselves in season 6 was we got Oliver to the end of his emotional journey in season 5. He finally moved on from the past, he was a much more emotionally complete human being. So the challenge for season 6 was: How — in a show that really, for the first five years, gained a lot of its story from the bad choices Oliver made — do we continue to make Oliver’s life difficult, but have it come from something that he’s enduring rather than the dark machinations of the soul? One of the things we hit upon is the idea of we spent basically season 5 building up this team and this whole support structure bringing him closer to Felicity again, bringing his son into his life, and in season 6 what you’ve basically seen, and will continue to see, is the slow degradation of all those structures. Because it’s all in service of what is probably one of the driving philosophies of this show, which is that the worse Oliver has it, the more heroic he has to be in order to overcome all of the crap that we throw at him. So that’s kind of where season 6 is headed.” (Mar. 29, 2018 Entertainment Weekly article, page 15 of Spoilers thread)

-- On speculation that they might've sent William away with Aunt Thea in 616, MG: "Oh, that’s interesting. No, we never talked about that. Quite frankly, in many ways this season is about removing all the structures and support systems that we had created for Oliver over the course of Season 5. To a certain extent one can be very reductive and sort of describe every season of Arrow as 'Oliver is put through some kind of meat grinder.' We spent Season 5 building up the team and really diving in with Felicity and giving them a son, and then this year a lot of those support structures go away, and that’s what constitutes Season 6’s 'meat grinder.' The idea of sending William away with Thea never occurred to us." (Mar. 29, 2018 TVLine article, page 15 of Spoilers thread and page 264 of Starling City Times thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Sounds like Curtis' new crush may not last long - here's actor Evan Roderick's instagram post from filming 617...

Officer Nick Anastas is played by Evan Roderick. He's a 22-year-old Canadian actor. His height is 5'11".  Including 617, he will have appeared in 6 episodes of Arrow. I found his IMDb page and instagram account, but no twitter account so far...

Edited by tv echo

I have a question. Has MG ever made it to a 6th season on any show?  I feel like he wrote the 5 seasons in his head and can’t conceive that it made it that far and is unable to carry the show any further. 

MG should be removed as the producer and maybe even WM and new people with actual new ideas put in.  Just my 2 cents. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

The idea of sending William away with Thea never occurred to us."

Of course not. Thea was being sent into danger rather than suburban boredom (which I think was a fantastic twist).

So they spent five seasons giving Oliver all these support structures  and growing him to accept them, and now they're being taken away. I hope they come up with something better for next season.

I wonder if the cop gets killed or just breaks up with Curtis because he's a vigilante.

18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Of course not. Thea was being sent into danger rather than suburban boredom (which I think was a fantastic twist).

So they spent five seasons giving Oliver all these support structures  and growing him to accept them, and now they're being taken away. I hope they come up with something better for next season.

I wonder if the cop gets killed or just breaks up with Curtis because he's a vigilante.

In which case, Curtis quits and moves far far away.

44 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

I have a question. Has MG ever made it to a 6th season on any show?  I feel like he wrote the 5 seasons in his head and can’t conceive that it made it that far and is unable to carry the show any further. 

MG should be removed as the producer and maybe even WM and new people with actual new ideas put in.  Just my 2 cents. 

I think the themes and arcs for the first five seasons came from Berlanti/Kriesberg/Guggenheim working together. I think the season long arcs started to go off the rails in season three, when Guggenheim's tendency to write from one gotcha moment to the next surfaced.

• Love 7

I think it was in that same TVLine article where MG talked about it being easier for them to write out Thea and that family relationship because Oliver now had family in Felicity and William.  That made me feel better about them "removing" his support structure.  They aren't going anywhere for too long.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I think the themes and arcs for the first five seasons came from Berlanti/Kriesberg/Guggenheim working together. I think the season long arcs started to go off the rails in season three, when Guggenheim's tendency to write from one gotcha moment to the next surfaced.

I agree. Season 3 is the point where plot took precedence over character and, if I remember correctly, the interviews from MG during that time usually made at least one reference to epic, game changing plot twists and gotchas.  

Season 4 is when the plot logic left the station and it felt like audience was left to fill in the gaps and make plot leaps to counter what was left offscreen and S6 just feels like a jumbled mess of story ideas that have been thrown together to see what sticks.  

What I don’t understand is that the disappearance of Oliver’s support structures aren’t really a result anything he’s done, or at least not as written. Even the initial tracking of the newbies was a collective decision of OTA.

The fracture with the newbies is a direct result of their actions, not Oliver’s. Rene turned traitor to the FBI and Dinah was hiding vital information about Vigilante from the team and Curtis...just had his feelings hurt.

I don’t know what they’re doing with Diggle wanting to be Green Arrow because they haven’t properly explained it, or left a trail of breadcrumbs so that we can at least try and follow where they’re going, which makes it hard to see how this is a failure by Oliver.

The habit they’ve had this season of introducing a plot points and them dropping them for long stretches makes everything feel so disjointed. I’m not really following along with the story as closely as I did in previous seasons so I’ve forgotten what happened by the time they pick up the thread again.

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 3

Wow they mentioned Felicity’s company! And all it took was 19 episodes! ?

In seriousness though, when will Curtis die? I’m annoyed Felicity’s even working with him after what he’s done. 

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

I saw someone on Twitter refer to Curtis as "Mr. Balls" and honestly, it's perfect.

??

Can he take his balls elsewhere please? ?

Whyyyyy are Felicity and Curtis still working together? I had a hard time believing they would be able to continue working together after the initial NTA split, but after what Curtis did to Digg, it's incomprehensible now. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Whyyyyy are Felicity and Curtis still working together? I had a hard time believing they would be able to continue working together after the initial NTA split, but after what Curtis did to Digg, it's incomprehensible now. 

I’m assuming the writers will suffer an terrible case of plot amnesia and forget that Curtis hacked the chip they’ve been working on and everything he said at the end of episode 614. 

4 minutes ago, Buzzyspirit said:

Do we know what decision Oliver made that leads Felicity and Curtis to focus on Helix again?

I’m wondering if he decides to step down as Mayor, but I don’t know why that would factor into anything related to Helix. 

Edited by kes0704
4 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

I’m wondering if he decides to step down as Mayor, but I don’t know why that would factor into anything related to Helix. 

Turning himself into the DA or going off by himself for a while thinking he's no good for his family? Possibly stepping down so they do need another income source. Or alternatively refocusing online and encouraging them. Probably not though.

A. What happened to that one organization that Diaz brought up? THe Light or whatever it was called?

B. Of course because of plot, TA/Quentin aren't keeping Laurel close or giving her an ankle bracelet monitor?

C. Is OTA/NTA back together or is this just the beginning of them getting back together.

6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Of course because of plot, TA/Quentin aren't keeping Laurel close or giving her an ankle bracelet monitor?

Right? I half-expect a conversation like this:

Lance: "Uh, Laurel, where are you going at all hours of the night wearing that wig?"

BS: "I told you I needed space to be your Laurel, daddy. Here, eat this." 

Oliver/Felicity/Diggle: "So, Quentin, how's it going with Black Siren?"

Lance: "Well, she cooked for me again last night before she went out."

O/F/D: "Out where?"

Lance: "We need to give her space. She's not our Laurel, but she can be." 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Right? I half-expect a conversation like this:

Lance: "Uh, Laurel, where are you going at all hours of the night wearing that wig?"

BS: "I told you I needed space to be your Laurel, daddy. Here, eat this." 

Oliver/Felicity/Diggle: "So, Quentin, how's it going with Black Siren?"

Lance: "Well, she cooked for me again last night before she went out."

O/F/D: "Out where?"

Lance: "We need to give her space. She's not our Laurel, but she can be." 

She's slipping narcotics into his pot roast, so he just blacks out for long periods of time while she goes out committing various crimes. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

She's slipping narcotics into his pot roast, so he just blacks out for long periods of time while she goes out committing various crimes. 

The thing is, the way he's acting right now, she wouldn't have to. It's not like he's keeping an eye on her at all times. She could've killed someone while he was at Thea's goodbye party and made it back to the apartment before he did and pretended like she never left. 

• Love 3

On the plus side, I expected 619 to be all villains, all the time, given SA and EBR’s lack of shooting for it.  If we’re getting a few scenes about Felicity’s company (and it’s renewed focus seemingly being the result of Oliver’s “lashing out” the previous ep), I guess it won’t be totally skippable.

(Oliver’s decision is going to be to shut the team down, right? It’s that time of year, after all.)

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 4

Omg I'm hoping Oliver doesn't pull the "I'm bad for you" schtick and leave Felicity to raise his biological child!!!!

That's dreadful and really not in like with who he is this season. Noooooooooooo

I'm good with her being the bread winner for whatever reason. 

Curtis needs to die though. He's invading a storyline I've waited years for. Useless, unpopular asshole. No amount of pushing is going to make him a popular character. Even the reviewers seem to be barely tolerating him.

Just KILL him and let my baby have her storyline. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Trisha said:

(Oliver’s decision is going to be to shut the team down, right? It’s that time of year, after all.)

At this point with the way it seems Diggle's going to act, the only part of team left to shut down will be him. I mean, Felicity too, but if he's not willing to hood up, that's that. 

I'm still stuck on the fact that Curtis told Felicity and Diggle to basically f*** off a couple of episodes ago but somehow he's still gonna have a company with Felicity. They really like making fools out of their characters. After what Curtis did and said, Felicity should have told him to rot in hell. First Diggle gets hit with the dumb writers stick over this GA plot and now it's Felicity's turn, I guess? IDK. I just really hate how the newbies are seemingly gonna get away with how badly they behaved. 

tumblr_m21g2v1VtG1r4rjjlo1_500.gif.5333ca4f6440cb257588919f2bec7cd2.gif

2 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Possibly stepping down so they do need another income source. Or alternatively refocusing online and encouraging them. Probably not though.

I think that's a good guess. Maybe Oliver resigns as Mayor.

• Love 1
(edited)

Why doesn't anything he says make me excited anymore? Even the possible S7 spoiler makes me go 'meh'.

Also what even is classic GA? The awful beard, finally?

Edited by Belinea
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is GA in comics a public dude? Or is his identity hidden as well?

I think in the comics everyone knows that GA is Oliver Queen, so this adds more fuel to the speculation that his identity goes public this season. Maybe he outs himself at the end of 618, which makes sense with SA saying “we see what Oliver will do to protect his team and protect the people around him.” And the 619 description says he made a big decision. If he goes to jail, does Felicity get the company seed money she put up for bail back? Or is bail money gone forever? 

• Love 1
Just now, Trisha said:

I think in the comics everyone knows that GA is Oliver Queen, so this adds more fuel to the speculation that his identity goes public this season. Maybe he outs himself at the end of 618, which makes sense with SA saying “we see what Oliver will do to protect his team and protect the people around him.” And the 619 description says he made a big decision. If he goes to jail, does Felicity get the company seed money she put up for bail back? Or is bail money gone forever? 

Oh you know they have forgotten about this and won't revisit it!

She'll magically have money if they want her to have a company.

But Curtis really needs to die first. 

Hmm, depending on what more like classic GA is, I'm not exactly excited if it's the Van Dyke, or the wise cracking dude, a GA/BC romance or a return to being a playboy. (I don't think the last two would be the case unless the "event" is Felicity's death or leaving him and I don't think it's likely). Public GA might be interesting, I guess but I'm really not sure how that would go in the context of the show. 

If Oliver is going to sport the Van Dyke next season, his secret identity would have to become public knowledge first, IMO. It's too striking of a look for the show to keep on pretending that nobody recognizes him. 

1 minute ago, Featherhat said:

Hmm, depending on what more like classic GA is, I'm not exactly excited if it's the Van Dyke, or the wise cracking dude, a GA/BC romance or a return to being a playboy. (I don't think the last two would be the case unless the "event" is Felicity's death or leaving him and I don't think it's likely). Public GA might be interesting, I guess but I'm really not sure how that would go in the context of the show. 

Really not worried about a GA/BC romance.

And yeah, the problem with Oliver going public as GA is the team - would everyone’s identities be revealed? Oliver needs to consider everyone else (which he didn’t do last season with Susan).  

• Love 3
(edited)

If Oliver goes public as GA, which seems likely, I wonder if it will be like when Tony Stark did it, and while the MCU had related story lines, he continued to operate as IM/TS without any big repercussions. He wasn't charged or jailed. He just kept on being Iron Man while villains and the government targeted him. I'm not familiar with GA in the comics so maybe it'll be like that. It's hard to reconcile because Arrow was grounded in reality (sorta, kinda, a little bit) so it doesn't make sense that Oliver & Co. wouldn't immediately be jailed and/or attacked on all sides by bad people.

ETA: I'm not against training William, because he is clearly not leaving so I must put up with him, but if this is the route the show is going to eventually take, they need to recast or get that kid some acting lessons. Zoey, in a 1 minute scene, showed more depth and natural talent. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 1

I've always been opposed to the going public thing so I hope that doesn't happen.

The Van Dyke and that stupid Robin Hood Man in Tights outfit looks corny so I hope they really don't drop a semi cool outfit (still prefer S1-S3 hood) for that POS.

As for the classic GA personality, it could work. SA has been good when they allowed him to be snarky and I missed snarky Roy so I could go for it. 

• Love 3
(edited)
Spoiler

“all of the people in oliver’s life seem to be leaving him which we get to examine next week (6.18) .. we see what oliver will do to protect the team and protect the people around him.”

This being repeated is just making me frustrated that the stupid Dig storyline isn't sorted out in the end of 617 and possibly (together with the Helix spoiler) that the lashing out at Felicity and William is more serious than snapping and having to apologise. Unless he can't because he's in jail. 

@Belinea She can technically mess with time but she generally doesn't, and has become way against it this season because they did so at the end of last season and now things are majorly fucked up in history (Julius Caesar in Aruba, Einstein in the Arctic, Dinosaurs (and Big Ben!) in LA etc) leading to something that would be worse than Flashpoint and let a demon destroy everything. But technically they can do it. Realities, not yet anyway, that might happen down the road though.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1

Just a quick question because I have never seen one episode of LoT. Can Sara mess with realities and/or time? 

Time, yes, since technically she is the Captain of a time ship. But she takes her duties of trying to keep time straight and narrow rather seriously. So she wouldn`t.

Reality? No. She only could do that by wielding the Spear of Destiny in the Season 2 Finale of LOT. But she used its own power to de-power it so at this point noone can use it anymore.

• Love 1