Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm befuddled as to why this show continually sidelines their main character. Year after year in the same block of eps. There is a mandate or repeated story ideas that I just don't understand. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 11
28 minutes ago, Angel12d said:
I don't understand 6b at all. LOL.

Literally nothing about this half of the season makes sense. I don't even understand what the narrative thrust of this half of the season is supposed to be.

• Love 10

I'm just gonna assume it's some kind of trial which is also where Shady Susan comes in. We might get a "We call Susan Williams to the stand" scene cut to Oliver's shooketh face. ??

Edited by Guest
31 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Maybe he's in court? IDK. 

Yeah, this seems like the most likely explanation, but I'm confused. The DA told the police chief that their case against Oliver was shit, which is why they needed Roy's testimony. And obviously Roy isn't going to be testifying, so does the DA find another witness? Is that where Susan comes into play(if she comes into play)? 

In any case, I'm having a hard time caring about a trial, considering how much the writers have neglected this storyline until now. The only thing that interests me at all about the remaining episodes is finding out whether Felicity starts Smoak Tech and if she and Oliver (and we) ever get to have dessert.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 8

7 scenes...and no lines in any of them? Even if all 7 scenes are of him in court, theoretically, he should still have a couple of speaking lines, even if it's to whisper to Jean or something. 

The rest of these episodes are not going to be OTA heavy, that much is clear. If the lead actor is barely in 6x19, 6x20, and now 6x21, then there's a problem with the plot. 

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

If the lead actor is barely in 6x19, 6x20, and now 6x21, then there's a problem with the plot. 

He's only barely in 619. He's still in a bunch of 620, and even if he has no lines and if the scenes are in court they are still all about Oliver, plus he's been filming all week. And 621 already has OTA meeting with Rene and Jean. It might not be a scene to really like, but OTA are all still involved in the main plot, it appears.

36 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm just not that excited about this next stretch of episodes? Maybe that will change once we get a promo or sizzle reel or something with new footage? 

Did we get a sizzle reel for the end of the season in Seasons 4 and/or 5? I can't remember. But I will never, ever forget when the S3 sizzle reel dropped. The fandom was on the edge, and that sizzle reel brought us all back in line, LOL. We could definitely use something like that to get our attention right now.

• Love 4

I am feeling very meh about Arrow right now, if it wasn't for this thread I think I would jump ship.  You guys keep it fun. I am very bored. I too need a sizzle reel or photos, something.

• Love 11

I'm bored because every spoiler that comes out interests me less and less in the potential storyline.

Every year, the ratings drop for this block of episodes, and every year they call back OTA for the big finish of the season.  This season they seem to be tripling down even more on the lack of OTA in the episodes leading up to the finale.

I know they say that insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results.  What do you call tripling down on the behaviour that got you bad results the last four years?

• Love 12

Yep. Bored, bored, bored. Nothing about what Stephen is tweeting about or summaries posted, etc. has made me go "I'd watch that!" I haven't seen the past three episodes. At this rate I should just delete them from the DVR. Spec about Susan Williams is turning me off even more. Honestly, without Felicity or Olicity, I really don't give a crap about the show. I mean, even Oliver hasn't had a real story in weeks! How the hell does a show do that to it's titular character? 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, way2interested said:

He's only barely in 619. He's still in a bunch of 620, and even if he has no lines and if the scenes are in court they are still all about Oliver, plus he's been filming all week. And 621 already has OTA meeting with Rene and Jean. It might not be a scene to really like, but OTA are all still involved in the main plot, it appears.

Well, he's in one scene for 6x19, there hasn't been much about his story in 6x20 besides knowing that he gets beat up, and 6x21 sounds like he's on trial, and he's in Rene's apartment at some point, and then doesn't have lines for 7 scenes. For me, I would say that he's not really there. I guess I just feel like this isn't Oliver's show anymore. It kind of stopped being Oliver's show for me at the start of the Civil War arc (well, also before then, but really around this arc for this season). I know we've been lucky to get more OTA the past few episodes, but there's been a definite shift for me this season, for various reasons. And I understand that it could be my biases against NTA, against Dick Dragon, and against Daughter Issues with Quentin Lance ft Black Siren. I just also feel like 6B has been written....not great at points, and without much OTA, or really without much Oliver, the writing is only going to get worse for me. 

I'm just at the point of not caring anymore. The show has already hit a low point with getting me enraged during the OTA vs NTA episode (a feeling I've never had with this show). Olicity isn't a make or break deal for me (I like them a lot but they're not the only reason for me watching), but I need SOMETHING to care about with this show. Diggle's arc with wanting to be Green Arrow (it seems like) is already making me as annoyed as I was with Diggle's arc with his brother. Felicity's gotten nothing to do besides stand behind a computer for a good chunk of the season, and has only gotten some sprinkles of a plot with William, mostly. Thea's almost certainly gone with Roy. And Oliver's about to get a serious drop in screen-time for multiple episodes. Ultimately, my main reason for watching this show IS Oliver. I stopped watching briefly during the Black Canary arc because of the lack of Oliver in the present day scenes. 

There just doesn't sound like there's enough to keep me watching during 6x19-6x21. The show has clearly been shifting in a direction that I don't agree with. I've already mostly quit The Flash; I'm getting real close with Arrow too. 

• Love 7

So this season is actually going somewhere? Do tell, because right now it looks like a meandering, unfocused mess. Of course, that's not Stephen's fault at all, but I'm interested to hear his take on what this season is about.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 13
31 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

There just doesn't sound like there's enough to keep me watching during 6x19-6x21. The show has clearly been shifting in a direction that I don't agree with. I've already mostly quit The Flash; I'm getting real close with Arrow too. 

That's fine, it's an opinion that I partially share. I'm just stating the only facts of episodes we haven't seen yet. SA filmed about half for 620 and has worked a majority of 621, meaning that he isn't barely in them, which is what you said and that I was arguing.

I'm just still always on the boat of watching to judge, and we literally know less what's going on here than we did last year (and I didn't even know that was possible).

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

7 scenes...and no lines in any of them? Even if all 7 scenes are of him in court, theoretically, he should still have a couple of speaking lines, even if it's to whisper to Jean or something. 

The rest of these episodes are not going to be OTA heavy, that much is clear. If the lead actor is barely in 6x19, 6x20, and now 6x21, then there's a problem with the plot. 

Court or fights.  Or even a scene in the bunker where Felicity does an info dump and then he go after the bad guys. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

So this season is actually going somewhere? Do tell, because right now it looks like a meandering, unfocused mess. Of course, that's not Stephen's fault at all, but I'm interested to hear his take on what this season is about.

Where are MG & WM at though? They've practically gone radio silent besides a couple of underground interviews with randoms here and there.

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

Where are MG & WM at though? They've practically gone radio silent besides a couple of underground interviews with randoms here and there.

Right now I'd kind of expect them to be really busy but the pressure should come off once they wrap 23.  Then if they still are silent I'll really wonder what's going on.  

I’m not super concerned about there being 7 scenes where Oliver doesn’t talk. Don’t one hour dramas usually have 40-50 scenes? And they shoot one location all at once, so if he’s in a situation where he can’t talk for a bit (jail, in court, gagged, unconscious, doing fight scenes, etc) then that maybe makes sense? The thing that doesn’t make sense to me is why SA would feel the need to tweet about it. Surely he knows fans are already chafing about the apparent lack of Oliver in this upcoming stretch of eps.

Meanwhile it looks like MM is doing a full set visit. I know shooting schedules make it impossible to confirm who he’ll actually end up talking to, but it sounds like he’s at least expecting to interview EBR:

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Even as a Black Siren fan there doesn't seem to be much. She seems to disappear for majority of the episodes from here on out apart from 19.

here's to hoping  that episode 19 was her last.

• Love 11

I'm pretty sure this is the preview for 617 and that it was posted in error, since 616 is tomorrow. But here it is anyway. I still can't believe Diggle is so hung up on being GA! WTH?

And oh man. If the boys thought Felicity gave them hell in 403, what's she gonna do when she discovers they trashed the bunker fighting over something as stupid as who gets to wear the green suit?

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I'm pretty sure this is the preview for 617 and that it was posted in error, since 616 is tomorrow. But here it is anyway. I still can't believe Diggle is so hung up on being GA! WTH?

Ha, I think you're right. Also, where the hell is this all coming from? Dig saying to Lyla "being the GA, you know what that meant to me." Does she? 'Cause the audience sure doesn't. When Oliver is all "John is not going to get bent out of shape over a uniform" I was nodding along because yeah, he wouldn't. And then came the punches. WTF. They better plant some serious seeds this week about Dig's reasoning for his discontent, because this is coming out of nowhere...

Edited by Trisha
typo
  • Love 20

Apart from us not really having any idea why he wants this so badly besides seeing it in an alien brainwashing, why is he getting so upset about it NOW? Why on earth would he be so hung up on putting on the suit when there's extra scrutiny on the identity of the Green Arrow - why would he want to take charge of a team of TWO when there's such a big fracture between the two teams and a guy trying to take over the city? Is Diggle expecting Oliver to just give it up and then he'll lead a team of...himself? So typically Arrow kind of stupid.

• Love 24

I try not to jump to conclusions based on promos, but it looks like the writers decided that manufactured drama and turning characters into drama queens was the way to go for storylines this season, and since all the newbies took their lumps, now it's Diggle's turn. This whole Diggle loves being GA is ridiculous, especially considering he doesn't even have a team to lead anymore. 

• Love 22

Seriously, I just don't get it. He's never cared about a costume before, let alone being GA, this is making even less sense than the Civil War storyline. John has never cared about recognition before, if that's what it is and he should know Oliver has given it up and come back to it several times before. Plus whilst I can sort of see why Oliver, Sara and Thea though the hallucination was their best life, why the hell would Dig, with no Lyla, JJ or team mates?

Oliver/Susan even made more sense because at least we knew which head Oliver was thinking with and why.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 4
Just now, apinknightmare said:

Arrow - Episode 6.21 - Docket No. 11-19-41-73

So yeah, there's a trial apparently. I hope the set dressers have removed the "United States District Court" seal that they use in every court proceeding and replaced it with a county seal, or else I'm going to be really, really cranky.

• Love 1

The promo skipped a whole episode. LMAO not even CW gives a shit anymore. Yikes.

Anyway, Diggle wanting to be GA has never made sense and they're clearly forcing it now for drama and I'm tired. It was an alien delusion. Dude was brainwashed. Being GA is not his perfect life, ffs. UGH. 

4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Also, we have ep titles:

Arrow - Episode 6.22 - The Ties That Bind

Why did I think The Ties that Bind was already an episode title? Must be another show or that's just an over used title ?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I can't believe that apparently being GA means so much to Diggle that he hasn't actually given a reason (other than aliens decided he wanted to be GA so he wants to be) but he'll start throwing punches? 

Can we blame the drugs Diggle was taking in the beginning of the season for this? Because this is not our Diggle!

Just now, KenyaJ said:

Can we blame the drugs Diggle was taking in the beginning of the season for this? Because this is not our Diggle!

I think we could in 607, but now? Nope. 

Also, the timing of this is awful. Oliver's sister will have just left (616). The newbies are awful, awful people. Oliver's trial is coming up (621 title). 

After the promo, I'm thinking it's possible Diggle leaves the team - to work on his own? work for ARGUS? I can't see him joining the newbies after what they did to him - and that's why Oliver's so down in 618? 

Please tell me we get an explanation for Diggle wanting to be GA in 617 and it's not something like:

Oliver: "John, I don't understand why this means so much to you."

Diggle: some lame excuse/just throws a punch

• Love 3

I could not stop shaking my head.  This is dumb. 

No explanation is going to work for me.  All the years Diggle has helped Oliver, now he wants recognition.  What's the difference between GA and Spartan, except for the fact that the GA is facing charges.  If Diggle starts throwing punches than he is no better than the stupid noobs.  When I said I wanted more Diggle I didn't mean like this.  I am not impressed.

Wait and see I guess to see how this mess plays out.

• Love 6

It's only Season 6, they shouldn't be this out of ideas yet. They either need to have a major writers/EPs shake-up, or maybe the show should end after Season 7. I'm starting to get the impression that the writers/EPs don't really care anymore and they're pretty much just showing up for the paycheck. 

• Love 13

Diggle felt that Oliver was stringing him along?  WTH?  Even if he's surprised that Oliver has changed his mind and is going to keep the hood, why should he be anything more than minorly annoyed by the seesaw of it all?  What reason should Diggle be this upset that he doesn't get the costume?  If he wants to keep using his fancy crossbow no one would stop him.  If he doesn't like his costume as Spartan, they would let him design a new one.  Why is having a code name that no one but your friends and wife know you have, matter?  Maybe he'll be mad about something else in his life and he just overreacts?  This is so OOC.  So stupid. 

35 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Episode titles:

Arrow - Episode 6.22 - The Ties That Bind

If only The Ties That Bind was all about Oliver and Felicity exploring their kinky side.  

4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Maybe he'll join NTA and try to be their GA lol. Have two running around. 

Gah!  I wouldn't put it past them, lol.  

• Love 8

So we have a villain heavy ep, a court case, my BROTP fighting, no sexytimes, and more NTA to look forward to. 

testing-me.gif

Someone please remind me of other good spoilers I have forgotten. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 23