Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Thanks for summarizing them @apinknightmare.  I couldn't see them on my computer.

Overall, not so bad.  It sounds like there is plenty of storyline, which I like.  More to think on.

46 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

The whole gang gets captured in Star Labs, leaving only Iris and Felicity.

That explains why they're separated.  Intriguing.

Stephen Amell & Emily Bett Rickards Tease Arrow's Thanksgiving Episode --

"It works like every other holiday or moment that should be fun," teased Amell of the Thanksgiving episode, "which is to say that it goes to shit almost immediately, like in Act One. But, it ends on a relatively happy note."

Not even Arrow could upset us too much on Thanksgiving. Does Oliver fail the turkey? "No," said Amell. "He doesn't fail his meals."

Speaking more generally about the family until Arrow has given Oliver this season, and how William has changed the Oliver/Felicity relationship, Amell said:

I like [Felicity] being part of this dynamic. I think William's character is at a nice age, so that we're not getting into, 'Okay, who is going to change a diaper at 3 a.m. in the morning?' It's more like he's a young adult, he's mature, he's having his moments, but he's adjusting well and she's helping with that. That's been great.

Jack Moore plays Oliver's son, William. What has it been like for Amell and Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity) to share screen time with the young actor?

"Some of my stuff with Jack this year has been some of my favorite stuff to play," said Amell. "Really, really good actor."

Amell said that the Arrow writers have given he and Moore the freedom to work on the scenes and dialogue for their father-son moments a bit.

"We get in and work on the scenes together because I feel like they are written like he's a couple of years younger than he is. I think that's just the nature of …. I guess maybe the writers remember him as that kid that we saw in season four. Now, all of a sudden, he's 14 years old and not a kid. So, a young man."

"Jack is awesome, first of all," said Rickards. "He is really, really cool. He lives far out of town too, so he drives like 3 hours in every time for set. His parents are really great and supportive and he is always super game and takes direction really well. Like a professional, who is just shorter than me."

As someone who thinks "Thanksgiving should be at least four times a year," Rickards said she is excited that they get to do a Thanksgiving episode on Arrow, though she's holding out for Halloween.

"I think the holiday we always miss is Halloween, which is a real unfortunate event because putting on more costumes in this show would be great."

What might be next for Oliver and Felicity, now that they've seemingly moved past the issues that had previously kept them apart? Might they move back in together?

"Yeah, I think that's a pretty safe bet," said Amell, adding that William will always be part of the equation for Oliver moving forward.

"I do think that Oliver’s relationship with William, it has changed things forever," said Amell. "I don't know where it ends up, but it's not like we are going to erase him having a son. It’s now part of what we are doing."

And, don't worry. If and when Felicity moves back in, Raisa will still be around, said Amell. Phew.

Source.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Poster says that's from the Arrow episode, so second one. Which makes sense with the first scene, I guess. If true, this explains how Colin Donnell can have a cameo. I'm grossed out by the whole Dark Arrow/Overgirl thing. 

Oops.  Edited to fix that.  I didn't actually read all of the spoilers, just spot checked to see if they seemed real.  I'm at the point of not wanting to be too spoiled. (Too late, lol)

1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Also, Felicity supposedly doesn't want to marry Oliver, which I kinda get. Girl's been a bit gun shy (really wish Arrow would provide POVs so we know instead of guess the reason/s). But I think that sets up a "let's get married" from her in the last episode.

Yeah, I had wondered if that photo of Oliver and Felicity talking at the reception where he is looking down at her with a concerned expression was something like this. Like, her pointing out that Barry & Iris' celebration is great for them but she doesn't want to go through it again after the last time. And then the events of the crossover make her change her mind?

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Yeah, I had wondered if that photo of Oliver and Felicity talking at the reception where he is looking down at her with a concerned expression was something like this. Like, her pointing out that Barry & Iris' celebration is great for them but she doesn't want to go through it again after the last time. And then the events of the crossover make her change her mind?

That's where my brain went as well. If these spoilers are true, I do love that Oliver is all about marrying Felicity ASAP, LOL! They haven't been playing house more than 5 months and the boy was ready to propose in S4. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

That's where my brain went as well. If these spoilers are true, I do love that Oliver is all about marrying Felicity ASAP, LOL! They haven't been playing house more than 5 months and the boy was ready to propose in S4. 

I mean, they have to have the marriage POV convo at some point before the end of the crossover, right? And since the wedding will be interrupted by Nazis and everything after that will probably be devoted to action, the reception makes the most sense.

Also, I really hope we hear some I love yous in tomorrow night's ep. We haven't heard them say it yet since reuniting and they're getting married next week.

50 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Yeah, I had wondered if that photo of Oliver and Felicity talking at the reception where he is looking down at her with a concerned expression was something like this. Like, her pointing out that Barry & Iris' celebration is great for them but she doesn't want to go through it again after the last time.

I'd like that, to have some fallout from the underhanded trick Oliver pulled on her with the fake wedding in the Cupid episode and then just expecting Felicity to fall in line with his plans to be together again.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'd like that, to have some fallout from the underhanded trick Oliver pulled on her with the fake wedding in the Cupid episode and then just expecting Felicity to fall in line with his plans to be together again.

That was a really messed up thing to do to someone (almost as bad as a hiding a child from your fiancée).

• Love 3

What's interesting to me about those Arrow reddit spoilers is that despite their insistence on the four hour movie thing, that does sound to me like an Arrow episode, focused primarily on Arrow characters.

• Love 1
10 MINUTES AGO, RUBY24 SAID:

What's interesting to me about those Arrow reddit spoilers is that despite their insistence on the four hour movie thing, that does sound to me like an Arrow episode, focused primarily on Arrow characters.

That's true but it also kind of sounds like Kara and Oliver will be featured in every hour. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

She broke up with him for good and stayed broken up for a year and a half. I'd count that as fallout.

• Love 23

Why do crossover always make me go 'eh' instead of 'yeah'. I mean, I know the outcome will be positive but the rest of the 3 hours in between sound like one should be ready to go *facepalm*.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Why do crossover always make me go 'eh' instead of 'yeah'. I mean, I know the outcome will be positive but the rest of the 3 hours in between sound like one should be ready to go *facepalm*.

Horrifying cameo aside, that promo was not very exciting imo. I think I just need to accept that the crossovers are not for me, even the ones that don't feature Nazis. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Why do crossover always make me go 'eh' instead of 'yeah'. I mean, I know the outcome will be positive but the rest of the 3 hours in between sound like one should be ready to go *facepalm

I kind of assume that I'll like the first and last hours because they will have the most character development, and the middle two will bore me. Supergirl will have the girls at the nail salon, the boys at the tux fitting, the reception, Joe's speech, Kara singing at the ceremony. Legends will have the funeral and the double wedding. But all the Nazi stuff on Arrow and Flash? Keep it. 

11 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I want to know where Felicity is! If she's not on Earth X how come she and Iris face EvilWells?

Well, isn't EvilWells here on our Earth, too, with the EarthX forces? I thought the whole crossover happens on our Earth. Have there been spoilers our characters go to Earth X? 

6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I want to know where Felicity is! If she's not on Earth X how come she and Iris face EvilWells?

From the sounds of it based on the spoilers posted on reddit today, Iris and Felicity face EvilWells on E-1 during an attack on STAR Labs. Something must be going on in this episode on E-1 still because there's a shot of her and Iris walking through ventilation ducts in the promo.

Edited by apinknightmare
Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

Well, isn't EvilWells here on our Earth, too, with the EarthX forces? I thought the whole crossover happens on our Earth. Have there been spoilers our characters go to Earth X? 

They 100% travel to Earth X. The promos even show them there.

• Love 1
Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

Yes, apparently "the gang" (I'm guessing the masks) wake up in a prison camp on E-X at the end of the Arrow episode. That's where they are when Lance orders them shot.

So they are stealing Kara's heart on Earth1 with Felicity and Iris still there while the others have been sent to EarthX to be shot?

I'm annoyed she's separated from Oliver again in these damn crossovers! I hope they give her something substantial to do!

Edited by Mellowyellow
15 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Looks like Overgirl needing a heart transplant (or having some other sort of medical issue) is true:

rU5KEYL.png

Hope she dies slowly and painfully LOL

I see even Nazi Oliver manages to visit his girlfriend in the hospital. 

7 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I thought something happened to Overgirl in the fight during the wedding - doesn't a trailer show Dark Arrow carrying her after it? - and that's why she needs Supergirl's heart. But maybe she needs it beforehand and for some reason, E1 is easier to get to than E38? 

It looks like Oliver has a kryptonite arrow in one of the promos. How did he even get kryptonite? I thought Supergirl didn't exist in their earth? 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

At the start of the Flash promo, the gate says "Arbeit mach frei".  Gross.  It's not till I saw it on screen that I realized how gross it is.

For me, it was when I saw the episode still of the Ray wearing a concentration camp outfit. I'm not sure why TPTB decided that going into so much detail was a good idea. Even just the swastika can be triggering, If I were a parent that watches Flash and Supergirl with young children, I would not want to watch the crossover.

• Love 3
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

So they are stealing Kara's heart on Earth1 with Felicity and Iris still there while the others have been sent to EarthX to be shot?

I'm not sure Kara is on E-X. I think she and Evil Wells and Dark Arrow might be back on E-1 for the transplant, and that's why Iris and Felicity are sneaking around air ducts.

1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

I see even Nazi Oliver manages to visit his girlfriend in the hospital. 

I'd rather Oliver not visit his girlfriend in the hospital than be a Nazi.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm annoyed she's separated from Oliver again in these damn crossovers! I hope they give her something substantial to do!

Did you expect Felicity to be attached to Olivers hip? Im sure there's going to be a lot of different combos goin on. But their together in the wave rider.

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

If they were nice to us they'd let Felicity clobber Dark Arrow with something! That would be awesome!

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

If Felicity doesn't get to punch a Nazi, I'm gonna sue.

I need Felicity and Stein to be instrumental in taking them down.  

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Too lazy to watch it again but is Ray (my Ray) in the line to be shot? 

I think Ray is only in the LOT hour, he wasn't invited to the wedding. 

24 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Hope she dies slowly and painfully LOL

Can the dopplegangers die though? Aren't they appearing in the animated series or is that a prequel? 

1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

Can the dopplegangers die though? Aren't they appearing in the animated series or is that a prequel? 

Since The Ray is out and part of the resistance in the show, and he seems to still be imprisoned here, I don't think the animated series is a prequel. Although I'm not sure how it could be something that happens after the crossover, because what do the E-1 heroes do, just...leave Nazis to kill people on E-X so The Ray and friends can save them? That's not a satisfying ending, especially since they can breach other earths.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Since The Ray is out and part of the resistance in the show, and he seems to still be imprisoned here, I don't think the animated series is a prequel. Although I'm not sure how it could be something that happens after the crossover, because what do the E-1 heroes do, just...leave Nazis to kill people on E-X so The Ray and friends can save them? That's not a satisfying ending, especially since they can breach other earths.

Maybe it'll end with them thinking they've defeated E-X villains, only for the last scene of LoT to be something that shows they didn't?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking since the whole premise is seeing our heroes punch Nazis but then they are just going to peace out and leave things exactly the way they are? 

Maybe they can't kill them for LOT related reasons? 

Maybe our heroes help give rise to the Freedom Fighters? 

And I wonder if the Nazi's aren't compatible  with E1's atmosphere and that's the reason for their masks?

Maybe our heroes help give rise to the Freedom Fighters? 

And I wonder if the Nazi's aren't compatible  with E1's atmosphere and that's the reason for their masks?

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Because Nazis and concentration camps are the height of comedy.

(Please just be talking about the pre-Nazi part. Please please please.)

Ok, because I was looking on the spoilers thread and read about PB's part and he says he's just on the Flash hour which is the part with the firing squads in the promo. Which does not square with what GG is saying at all. I'm thinking he didn't know what to say that wasn't spoilery. 

Edited by leopardprint