Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I know the stills released are usually from the first few minutes of the episode but if the Big Belly Burger scene is also in 603, maybe that's when he asks for math help and the kissing still is from the end of the ep? Yay for buildup! 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

If I have to endure the Hoffman’s, can I get Rory Regan as a guest? Pretty please?

Is Rory Regan Ragman?  It's been a long time since I've heard his last name.  

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/25/arrow-david-ramsey-diggle-green-arrow/

Diggle and Lyla were struggling at the end of the season. What’s next for them? How does she feel about him being Green Arrow?
The issue of trust is very serious between them, as it is with he and all the team members. I go back to this physical limitation that he suffered in the explosion on the island that really does affect his whole life — his life with the team, his life with Lyla — because he goes about making some choices that are not honest, and that also strikes a particular chord between he and Lyla because of how much he has ridiculed her position as the new Amanda Waller, and the issues of walking that very thin line of light and dark, and playing with morality and all this other stuff, particularly with someone like her, who has her finger on the Suicide Squad. He’s had some real questions about that. Now he’s not walking the talk, so to speak. So the issue of trust comes up in a real way between them and the first part of it is because of what’s happening with him in hiding a secret. The second part of it is the same 800-pound elephant that’s been in the room: The fact that he works as a vigilante and she’s the new Amanda Waller. What is that all about? That ground hasn’t been settled yet.

Am I the only one who takes this to mean that Lyla doesn't know about the nerve damage? Are they really telling me that he told Dinah about it and not his wife?

What does the team’s next face-off with Black Siren look like?
A couple of ways: It ain’t going to be just her. There’s always a group of bad guys. So it’s not going to be just her, so there’s that part of it. We always like bringing people up from the past; that’s a little nugget for you. So things will come back to bite us, so to speak. Black Siren is only part of that. I will say that in terms of how does it make it difficult for us? Because we love Laurel, because she is Laurel Lance to us, particularly to Oliver. I think Oliver’s journey has been one of understanding his own self-redemption, and he wants to redeem Laurel — the mistakes that he’s made with Laurel, to some degree, he thinks he can correct those through Black Siren.

My first reaction upon reading the question: Stop trying to make fetch Black Siren happen.

As for the bolded part, huh? Are they just forgetting about her working with the man who kidnapped William and everyone and is responsible for Samantha's death? Forgetting about the dead cops? Forgetting that Black Siren is NOT Laurel? I'm starting to think BS could kill one of the team (say Rene or Curtis) and we'd still be getting these "maybe she can be redeemed" quotes. (That's not to say that that's what we'll see on-screen, but still.)

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Because we love Laurel, because she is Laurel Lance to us, particularly to Oliver.

Does Oliver think...does he think that E1 Laurel would've kidnapped his kid and tried to kill everyone? Did he know in his bones she was gonna have a break in the near future? If this is how he saw her, yikes!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 22

That's weird because apart from 510, Oliver has seemed pretty ambivalent where BS is concerned and quite clearly separates her from E1 Laurel, as he should. I hope they don't make him dumb again. (LOL, they will.)

Also, what mistakes did Oliver make with Laurel apart from cheating on her? I am confusion.

(It's entirely possible I've just blanked it out.)

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 3

Also from that EW interview:

Anything you can tease about the team going up against Vigilante again this season?
There’s something really big happening with Vigilante, really big. There are some big things for Vigilante. It’s tough for me to talk about Vigilante at this point and not give some things away besides to say his revelation will be — there’s some real intimacy with the way he’s revealed. It’s really going to be deep to find out exactly what he’s all about.

Really hoping we find out who Vigilante is when he reappears in 605. I'll be annoyed if we have to keep waiting. Plus, I feel like they'll say more about him once his identity is revealed. 

A couple of ways: It ain’t going to be just her. There’s always a group of bad guys. So it’s not going to be just her, so there’s that part of it. We always like bringing people up from the past; that’s a little nugget for you. So things will come back to bite us, so to speak. Black Siren is only part of that. I will say that in terms of how does it make it difficult for us? Because we love Laurel, because she is Laurel Lance to us, particularly to Oliver. I think Oliver’s journey has been one of understanding his own self-redemption, and he wants to redeem Laurel — the mistakes that he’s made with Laurel, to some degree, he thinks he can correct those through Black Siren.

anigif_enhanced-32200-1413957567-4.gif

I think as far as Oliver is concerned just "saving" her from evil and having her be around would be a way to correct the mistakes he had with Laurel. Apart from being a better friend.

Do you now have your own Green Arrow costume?
Yes, I do. There’s like three of them floating around, me, Stephen, and Colton Haynes, because Colton played him at one point. There are a few outfits. I tore through one of them. It was actually made for me and then I guess I went to the gym a few more times than they knew, and I tore through one of them. Then they made another one, and that’s the one I’m wearing now.

DR's muscles ripped through his GA costume. SA could never! ? ? ?

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

A couple of ways: It ain’t going to be just her. There’s always a group of bad guys. So it’s not going to be just her, so there’s that part of it. We always like bringing people up from the past; that’s a little nugget for you. So things will come back to bite us, so to speak. Black Siren is only part of that. I will say that in terms of how does it make it difficult for us? Because we love Laurel, because she is Laurel Lance to us, particularly to Oliver. I think Oliver’s journey has been one of understanding his own self-redemption, and he wants to redeem Laurel — the mistakes that he’s made with Laurel, to some degree, he thinks he can correct those through Black Siren.

IMG_3832.GIF.7d01b5d7478ffbab014adc54aa36ed6e.GIF

• Love 1

On one hand I understand it. she's played by someone who was a friend/ally of the team and KC is encouraging the redemption talk and I guess it's natural to wonder if she'll be redeemed, especially as the show has already brought it up. But we know Oliver and BS don't have any one on one scenes in 1-8 at least and most likely not 9 as well and so far it's very clearly been her E1 counterpart's father that has understandably been desperate for redemption/interaction with her and Oliver was somewhat sympathetic to Lance but not very interested in going there, and we know his storyline for the next few episode is heavy on other things and light about BS and the episodes where KC seems to have filmed the most were ones SA didn't and/or is going to be involved with a different "redemption" plot with Slade. 

I wonder if they are jus defaulting to 510 type quotes because they keep getting asked about it and have to say something? Unless they have been told something about 6b they're allowed to tease.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I wonder if they are jus defaulting to 510 type quotes because they keep getting asked about it and have to say something? Unless they have been told something about 6b they're allowed to tease.

That's a good point, it doesn't seem like Oliver is very involved with the BS storyline and they are just repeating themselves because there is nothing to say. BS is focused on Dinah and doesn't even seem to care about Oliver, maybe after she hooks up with Big Bad. 

I think 603 is a already a success just for inspiring #Olicitymath on Twitter. There are some very clever Olicity fans out there. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, leopardprint said:

That's a good point, it doesn't seem like Oliver is very involved with the BS storyline and they are just repeating themselves because there is nothing to say. BS is focused on Dinah and doesn't even seem to care about Oliver, maybe after she hooks up with Big Bad. 

It's the only thing I can think of, especially with SA doing his "i'll talk about it when there's something to talk about" thing on social media and the nearly identical quotes whenever anyone's asked about it, and nearly identical to last year. I'm sure there's something to talk about eventually but it doesn't seem to be imminent.

7 hours ago, Featherhat said:

On one hand I understand it. she's played by someone who was a friend/ally of the team and KC is encouraging the redemption talk and I guess it's natural to wonder if she'll be redeemed, especially as the show has already brought it up. But we know Oliver and BS don't have any one on one scenes in 1-8 at least and most likely not 9 as well and so far it's very clearly been her E1 counterpart's father that has understandably been desperate for redemption/interaction with her and Oliver was somewhat sympathetic to Lance but not very interested in going there, and we know his storyline for the next few episode is heavy on other things and light about BS and the episodes where KC seems to have filmed the most were ones SA didn't and/or is going to be involved with a different "redemption" plot with Slade. 

KC is not in the Slade episodes. She filmed 1, 3, 4, 7, 9

She may have filmed one day for 2 but, that is questionable and really depends on how you interpret KenP's answer. I've decided to interpret it as she finished up 601 on 7/19 instead of starting 602 on 7/19 (overlap).

Her scenes apparently have been cut from 603 so she filmed but, does not appear.

She did not film for 5, 6 and 8 (or any of the crossover episodes).

I wonder if that's it for DR interviews? Last week, JH had 6 interviews published (THR, Variety, TVLine, TVInsider, CBR, and ComicBook).

Also from DR's EW interview:

Anything you can tease of what this group of villains is after?
Part of it, in terms of story, is taking our characters to another place. That’s the main thrust of it all. Why do you bring someone like Deathstroke back? Because it’s great sh— you can give to Stephen, because he takes our lead character to another place. The first reason is that it’s good stories, you get great stories by bringing these people back from the past and having some personal connection to our characters, and you get to take these lead characters someplace else. The second reason is, I think the audience has a connection to them because they’ve seen them before, they know their backstory, they know what they can do, they know that they’re a threat to our main characters. There’s great storytelling in bringing back these characters. To some degree, some of these characters are attached to some of the team members personally.

Edited by tv echo

Tom Amandes is back as Noah Kuttler in an episode titled Irreconcilable Differences. I also know he’s at the reception.  I do wonder though if he’s back for a more villainous reason thus the episode title.  Also, since BS is in the episode, maybe Quentin can finally realize that BS is not his daughter but a villain if he hasn’t already.

This new ComicBook.com article made me laugh - why not Felicity?...

First, the writer (Russ Burlingame) quoted what WM had said in her Oct. 6th Rotten Tomatoes interview (previously posted in this forum) about how the Vigilante will "have a really cool story line, not just in respect to the city, but also with respect to a particular member of the team. " She also said: "We’re intrigued and we’re kind of going through the casting process right now."(*) 

(* Yes, WM's comment does contradict what MG said at SDCC about how the Vigilante would be someone that we've seen before.)

Burlingame then wrote that the "big takeaway" from WM's comment is that the Vigilante is being cast and therefore is likely not someone we've seen onscreen before. But then he wrote the following:

As a newcomer, one possibility is that he will have ties to Black Canary; since she came in from another city last season, and right around the time Vigilante vanished, it would be entirely plausible that the pair had connections that were never explored in season five. Of course, with Diggle stepping into the role of Green Arrow, the team dynamic is a bit thrown and an argument could be made that a new face could have ties to anyone (except, maybe, Felicity).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

anigif_enhanced-32200-1413957567-4.gif

I think as far as Oliver is concerned just "saving" her from evil and having her be around would be a way to correct the mistakes he had with Laurel. Apart from being a better friend.

What mistakes? Pre-Island Oliver was a douche and Laurel was totally OK with it. Post Island Oliver didn't want anything to do with her other than feeling guilty that he mistreated her by sleeping with half the city and running away with her sister which she didn't really care that much about. Oliver didn't ask her to join his crusade, never wanted her to be apart of his team, he just had to accept it at some point and in the end she got herself killed. Oliver shouldnt feel guilty about it. 

• Love 16

Oliver didn't ask anyone to be part of his crusade (except Dinah). They all joined willingly and when he tried to retire, they stayed to fight the good fight. It's human of him to feel guilty about it, him becoming the Hood put everything in motion. She was still a friend of his and someone he knew majority of his life. He would feel the same way about Quentin.

Oliver actually recruited Diggle & Felicity in a way, especially Diggle. Once he saved Diggle in season 1, he asked him to join him, said that they were similar. It took Digg a bit but he did eventually take up Oliver's offer. Felicity was helping him before she learned his identity, and again, once she did he asked her if she was gonna join them. Roy is the only one that actively wanted to become part of the team before knowing his secret. Oliver even told Felicity that he did his research on her and Digg before bringing them on, when she had Barry save his life.

• Love 19

Yup the fact that he actually did his research on Felicity and Diggle proves that he wanted them to be apart of his crusade one way or the other.

Yes it's human nature to feel guilty, but Laurel isn't the only person Oliver has lost and Oliver has already dealt with her death last season, there is no need to rehash it.

And it's ludicrous to belittle his intelligence and say he would want to help a mass murderer because he feels guilty about losing a former friend. THEY ARENT THE SAME PERSON.

• Love 14

Eh, those talking points don't bother me. They're basically the same things said from 5x10 on, and SA has yet to share a scene with her, and they're on episode 9. I think they'll rehash that maybe-maybe not redemption arc for her all season. Right now, I just don't see it happening. So far Lance is the one that wants to fine the 'Laurel' in her, and Oliver seems supportive of him, that's about it. I can see them making it seem like she's gonna be redeemed, just to have her do something truly shitty in 6B killing those hopes (you know one of those OMG 'GAME CHANGER' moments lol). It would follow their pattern. I mean, MG said that he didn't know how to make E2 flashbacks work, umm, ok. I'd actually like to see E2 fbs because you know the show would include Felicity & Diggle's doppelgangers, and I wanna see them, in those flashes. So I wouldn't worry/get excited until there's something more concrete.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 5

Eh, those talking points don't bother me. They're basically the same things said from 5x10 on, and SA has yet to share a scene with her, and they're on episode 9. I think they'll rehash that maybe-maybe not redemption arc for her all season. Right now, I just don't see it happening. So far Lance is the one that wants to fine the 'Laurel' in her, and Oliver seems supportive of him, that's about it. I can see them making it seem like she's gonna be redeemed, just to have her do something truly shitty in 6B killing those hopes (you know one of those OMG 'GAME CHANGER' moments lol). It would follow their pattern. I mean, MG said that he didn't know how to make E2 flashbacks work, umm, ok. I'd actually like to see E2 fbs because you know the show would include Felicity & Diggle's doppelgangers, and I wanna see them, in those flashes. So I wouldn't worry/get excited until there's something more concrete.

Yeah I agree with that. They're not going to kill anything by saying "no never!" right now but it doesn't seem on the cards until at least later in the season. I guess it also depends on if they bring KC back for another year after that in S7. 

It's not out of the question that Oliver will end up like Lance and see BS as a way to "save" LL. The writers have said they've taken to just calling her "Laurel" and whilst she is *a* Laurel that doesn't mean they won't conflagrate the two in the future. It's not a storyline I would in any way be interested in but I see quite a few people are. 

13 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Yup the fact that he actually did his research on Felicity and Diggle proves that he wanted them to be apart of his crusade one way or the other.

Yes it's human nature to feel guilty, but Laurel isn't the only person Oliver has lost and Oliver has already dealt with her death last season, there is no need to rehash it.

And it's ludicrous to belittle his intelligence and say he would want to help a mass murderer because he feels guilty about losing a former friend. THEY ARENT THE SAME PERSON.

Well dude is helping the person who murdered his mother in front of him and his sister and is also a mass murderer among other things. Which he also did with MM. If the writers wanted to do it, that wouldn't stop them. I do think it would be an insult to the original E1LL for Oliver to put more effort into saving her evil counterpart than any attention he paid her since he finished with her in 2.14 but that's the way this show rolls sometimes. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1

Oliver shared a personal relationship and personal ties with both Slade and MM and I dont think at any point did he say he saw good in them and wanted to help them release the darkness inside them. He has no ties to this LL other than her looking like someone who he knew. So him wanting to redeem her makes absolutely no sense. And other than these being talking points, and Oliver clearly calling her a meta in the finale and saying she isnt laurel in the premiere, I dont think Oliver saving her is the story they want to go for. 

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Yeah I agree with that. They're not going to kill anything by saying "no never!" right now but it doesn't seem on the cards until at least later in the season. I guess it also depends on if they bring KC back for another year after that in S7. 

It's not out of the question that Oliver will end up like Lance and see BS as a way to "save" LL. The writers have said they've taken to just calling her "Laurel" and whilst she is *a* Laurel that doesn't mean they won't conflagrate the two in the future. It's not a storyline I would in any way be interested in but I see quite a few people are. 

I'm not saying Oliver won't eventually try to redeem her. Oliver is more hopeful this season, so it makes sense. That said, it would be like this show to make Oliver try to redeem her, make it seem like it's working, and right when people are accepting her she turns on them. All I'm saying is there's been so much on how great she is as evil, one of them referred to her as a devil... I mean, maybe they will redeem her, but the biggest reason I don't see it is because of Dinah. So far, it seems Siren has been brought on to complete DD's transition to the most annoying BC yet. As long as DD is here to stay, and I think she is unfortunately, I think all Siren stuff is just talk.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I'm not saying Oliver won't eventually try to redeem her. Oliver is more hopeful this season, so it makes sense. That said, it would be like this show to make Oliver try to redeem her, make it seem like it's working, and right when people are accepting her she turns on them. All I'm saying is there's been so much on how great she is as evil, one of them referred to her as a devil... I mean, maybe they will redeem her, but the biggest reason I don't see it is because of Dinah. So far, it seems Siren has been brought on to complete DD's transition to the most annoying BC yet. As long as DD is here to stay, and I think she is unfortunately, I think all Siren stuff is just talk.

Yes if they were planning a redemption and joining the team this season I don't think they'd have made JH a regular, since that would entail probably killing off yet another Canary character and they wouldn't have bothered or they'd have suddenly found a way to resurrect E1LL with Sara's help or something. Yeah KC is getting better notices as BS (not that I necessarily agree with them) and turning her back into BC would completely negate why they killed the character off in the first place.

22 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Oliver shared a personal relationship and personal ties with both Slade and MM and I dont think at any point did he say he saw good in them and wanted to help them release the darkness inside them. He has no ties to this LL other than her looking like someone who he knew. So him wanting to redeem her makes absolutely no sense. And other than these being talking points, and Oliver clearly calling her a meta in the finale and saying she isnt laurel in the premiere, I dont think Oliver saving her is the story they want to go for. 

I doubt it very much too, but it is a question that keeps popping up for obvious reasons and I'm just considering the possibilities since its not like these writers haven't pulled stuff out of their asses before and KC seems to be pulling for the idea, again for obvious reasons. But like I said up thread its most likely talking points left over from 5.10 because they haven't got anything else on the table yet and can't reveal who/how she'll be working with right now. 

• Love 4
Spoiler

I’d love to hear what’s in store for Arrow‘s Felicity Smoak. — Thad
Now that we know Felicity and Curtis are starting their own company, the question remains: What are they actually going to do? “It’s going to be Curtis and her working together and hopefully bringing tech into the world that can aid society in a better way,” Emily Bett Rickards tells me. “That’s Felicity’s goal. She has trouble trying to think of what necessarily they’re going to invent to kick off the company, but she figures it out around episode 5-ish.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/26/spoiler-room-arrow-flash-greys-anatomy/

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 4

EBR looks great in that pic with CR! Are they still shooting the reception?

Also, SA's delivery of "How'd you know that?" in that clip is perfect.

I'm actually pretty hyped that Dig is taking over as GA for a few episodes because it gives us a chance to see Oliver as a person again.  Oliver Queen used to be my fave character, but in 4B I stopped rooting for him. And then in season 5 he was so hypocritical (scolding Thea for trying to help, and telling Dinah not to kill someone literally two seconds after he shot down a helicopter) that I started actively hating him.  We need some character growth scenes (that have little to do with the mission) to humanize him again and remind us why we liked him in the first place.

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 8

I would rage if it is Curtis who is directing the company and not former and successful CEO Felicity.

That clip is so cute. And it's about damn time after a year and a half.

5 hours ago, tv echo said:

This new ComicBook.com article made me laugh - why not Felicity?...

Burlingame then wrote that the "big takeaway" from WM's comment is that the Vigilante is being cast and therefore is likely not someone we've seen onscreen before. But then he wrote the following:

As a newcomer, one possibility is that he will have ties to Black Canary; since she came in from another city last season, and right around the time Vigilante vanished, it would be entirely plausible that the pair had connections that were never explored in season five. Of course, with Diggle stepping into the role of Green Arrow, the team dynamic is a bit thrown and an argument could be made that a new face could have ties to anyone (except, maybe, Felicity).

Sure, he could Rene's BFF from high school. Or the guy that bullied Curtis in middle school.

It's probably not Felicity because she's got Cayden James as her personal villain.  But I doubt that's the reason Burlingame is ruling her out.  It's she doesn't wear a mask..

Edited by statsgirl

‘Arrow’ Season 6: Rick Gonzalez Teases Wild Dog’s Reaction To Diggle’s Takeover
BY NICOLE MASSABROOK @NKMASS ON 10/26/17 AT 1:29 PM
http://www.ibtimes.com/arrow-season-6-rick-gonzalez-teases-wild-dogs-reaction-diggles-takeover-2606674

“Arrow” has a new Emerald Archer. Last week, Oliver announced that he wanted John Diggle to take over as the new Green Arrow, but that might not sit well with everyone on the team. Wild Dog actor Rick Gonzalez told International Business Times that Rene would rather be leading the team himself.

“I think ultimately, he doesn’t dislike the idea of Diggle [David Ramsey] being the Green Arrow and controlling things. I just think there probably is a little piece of Rene inside of him that’s like, ‘Well I could totally lead this team too,’” Gonzalez explained to IBT. “And that’s just who he is. He’s someone who walks to the beat of his own drum who believes in himself and thinks that every decision he makes is the right decision. And that’s what I love about him.”

While Wild Dog/Rene Ramirez would be happier in a leadership role, it sounds like he’ll respect Oliver’s choice in “Arrow” Season 6. “At the same time, he’s from a military background so he understands his superiors and how to respect the chain of command. And I think he does respect Oliver and Diggle immensely,” the actor added.
Diggle is taking over on the CW drama because the FBI has officially launched an investigation into Oliver after a photo came out showing him in the Green Arrow suit. The photo was proven to be fake, but Special Agent Samantha Watson (Sydelle Noel) is not dropping her case. She knows something is off about Oliver, and that affects the rest of Team Arrow.

“It remains to be seen what the repercussions of this onslaught of the government trying to find out who the Green Arrow is, and I think that’s obviously going to have a domino affect in terms of Team Arrow and how they’re going to respond to that,” the New York native teased.

Edited by tv echo

LMAO I already can't stand Rene, but if he's gonna be questioning Digg because he feels entitled, then I will soon be hoping he dies. Makes me sad because I've wanted some Latinx rep on this show for years but he really sucks. He and Dinah need to get on a train to somewhere far away. I can't believe these lame newbies have made me miss Roy (who I hated) & Laurel (who I didn't like). Congrats on making new character awful, writers.

• Love 7

Guys, schmoopiness aside, I will be slightly concerned if Oliver can't manage 6th grade math. 

Let's pretend he is pulling reverse parent trap shenanigans on Myson  and Felicity. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3