Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

No Speedy costume on display.

So it sounds like Roy Harper really is returning this season for a guest appearance (see WM's comments in her Oct. 12 CBR interview). Maybe it'll be part of WH's exit storyline this season (assuming the show's renewed for S7).

Edited by tv echo
11 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

That's why she breaks into the bunker in 601. She just wants her own mannequin for her costume. Dinah just didn't understand that, so it's her fault that they start fighting. 

Dinah is so mean. Some girls don't have their own memorial custom plastic cabinets to hang their skirt/tail/hip cape in. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Lily-n11 said:

HA!  That will be BS to BC.

These writers need to dial back their meta ... whatever.

Nah give me all the meta. More Felicity punching "Laurel" please.

• Love 9

Well, in all fairness to KC, none of the acting in that clip was great.  What was with her weird assistant guy?

Regarding the art, yeah, obviously one is Laurel's old costume, and one is Dinah's, but I can't honestly tell which is which.  I'm assuming the one on the right is Laurel's since it's set apart, but if it weren't for that, I would have said the other way around. 

• Love 1

That sneak peak really is at another level isn’t it? She has such issues with the physical movements, she moves her head and body like she has a neck or back injury, she is so very stiff. First we had that awkward drunken saunter, now this quasi menacing stiffness, both she doesn’t manage to pull off and just look odd. What went wrong? She wasn’t a stand out as Ruby, but she was ten time better than anything I have seen from her on Arrow.

Edited by MaisyDaisy
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Unrepentant cop killer? At least Slade can say he was crazy on Mirakuru. What's going to BS's excuse? (Or rather, what's going to be the excuses made on her behalf by people who are convinced she'll be redeemed? "Oh, but she didn't kill Quentin! She just killed all his coworkers and people he was responsible for, that's ok! I'm sure she didn't want to really!")

Don't expect any rational arguements from them. They want BS to be redeemed because she has KC's face. That's all there is to it. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

BS sneak peak

Boom-GIF.gif

Loved it.

4 hours ago, tv echo said:

CBR writer is interpreting this 601 production art as showing Black Siren's costume on the far right. I just thought the lineup was bookended by the old BC costume and the new BC costume...

DL8_pBrVwAIfxMC.jpg

While it looks nothing like the new Black Canary outfit it certainly doesnt look like Black Sirens either. They truly reached for the stars with that one.

Sort of spoiler-ish and sort of relationship-ish so please move if it's in the wrong place Lovely Mods! 

Have Oliver and Felicity had sex yet in the 5 months?

What do you guys think? I dont know what to think!

They seem close and in a good place and talk every night and get married in the crossover but I can't for the life of me work out if they have had reunion sex yet!

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Sort of spoiler-ish and sort of relationship-ish so please move if it's in the wrong place Lovely Mods! 

They seem close and in a good place and talk every night and get married in the crossover but I can't for the life of me work out if they have had reunion sex yet!

I will assume yes unless they specifically say no, lol.  I don't think they've done any kind of formal dating but I easily imagine that one of those times the team decided as one to "give them space" resulted in more than chit-chat.  I'm guessing there's still wine in the fridge, ;)

At the very least there's been phone sex.  :D  

Edited by BkWurm1
Clarity!
  • Love 7

RICKARDS: Superheroes can wear a mask for only so long. They’re undercover already, but they have to go into super lockdown in a way. They have to try new tactics and operate missions in different ways and not everyone is going to be playing the same role.

Hmm.  I find this line very curious.  It could just be Oliver opting out of the green suit for a while but it could also apply to more than just him.  

Edited by BkWurm1
55 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm guessing that they did. Just judging by how quickly the team scattered to give them alone time and Oliver's flirty "Promise?" and the face Felicity made when he left, like "Damn. What did I just pass up?"

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

I think they left it vague enough that you can easily assume they did or vice versa. I'm going to go with they've been dating casually and having sex but they are just keeping it on the down low with William out of respect for him. I mean Oliver was willing and ready for Felicity to spend the night with both him and William so I don't think they've been completely off the table this five months. And yes to @BkWurm1 about them having phone sex. I totally take Olivers I was about to call you as them having regular phone calls either to have the phone sex or to tell each other about their days and do the sappy "no you hang up" bit #sorrynotsorry 

Also I think BTS the writers are trying to be mindful of the "Olicity took over the show" "Arrow is a soap opera" complaints and holding back a little with Olicity, which the complaints are blantantly not true but whatever.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Also I think BTS the writers are trying to be mindful of the "Olicity took over the show" "Arrow is a soap opera" complaints and holding back a little with Olicity, which the complaints are blantantly not true but whatever

Given the extra heaping helping of fowl in the episode, I think you are correct and they are trying to push forward at least at first the appearance of a different agenda.  But I also am confident that like always as the stories come together, the writing will end up circling back to Oliver and Felicity and Diggle.  It always ends back with them even if the writers try to push other characters at first. The stories they want to tell with Oliver at the center just naturally pulls Felicity and Diggle into them as well. 

And this year they may still be afraid to write too much storyline around OF or at least are easing into it, but it's just going to happen because Oliver is going to end up talking about stuff in his life and the person that's most closely involved is who he's going to turn to.  They've already opened the show back up to that with Felicity being allowed to check in on him emotionally and have conversations that are outside of Arrow stuff.  

On a different note, I do have a bone to pick thematically with the show. Anyone else notice that really except BS, none of the women in the episode really had any agency of their own?  Even BS it's revealed actually is working for some guy.  

Dinah was a pawn at the Police Headquarters and then was there to support Quentin and Diggle's story. Dinah was everywhere but nothing was about her. Not even her fight with BS since Quentin assumes it's all his fault  BS is targeting them. Thea didn't get to do anything but run after Samantha and then be in an extended coma and it's not even her story, but how it affects Oliver.  Same with Samantha's death.  She's there of course to launch Wilaim and Oliver's story and then we have Raisa to tell us about Willaim to provide insight into the status of Willaim and Oliver's relationship.  Felicity yes did get to help the team sweep for non existant bombs but otherwise her only big accomplishments was bringing back food for everyone and emotionally supporting Oliver.  Felicity's only story outside of team Arrow was Oliver interactions and they were very minimal.  Nothing about how she felt after the island blew up.  

Everything was about the guys.    

Now, Curtis also was shortchanged.  He was merely Team Arrow support and had no personal storyline but it's easier to forgive them overlooking him when ALL the other guys in the show got personal stuff going on.  Rene got a new court date and even Slade found his kid.  But that NONE of the female characters except the villain (and that's only kind of with what we learned at the end and how it furthered Quentin's conflict )  had anything that was about furthering their story is really concerning. 

I'm assuming they are just saving Felicity's stuff for when they can devote a whole episode to it but I watch LoT manage to give all their characters their own little moments in the first episode, why again can't Arrow manage to do so?  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7

Ok I'm going to commit to saying they haven't had sex yet!

Because they still seem kinda tentative around each other. Wouldn't he be more gropy if they had sex already. He was only slightly touching so maybe he's not sure how much he can touch yet?

They look like they've talked more than they've touched. I'm thinking TPTB have rebooted the whole relationship and now Olicity are like super close and chat every night but haven't had a session yet.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I watch LoT manage to give all their characters their own little moments in the first episode, why again can't Arrow manage to do so? 

Because they're hacks.

• Love 5

So, between the premiere and the 604 description about BS attacking the city again, they're pretty much making it obvious that she won't be redeemed, right?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd kind of like a quote from one of the EPs about BS now that the premiere has aired. I'd like to see them try to explain anyone trying to find good in her after she killed cops and told Lance she'd have pulled the trigger on him. What would be the defense? "Well, he shot her first when she was threatening to kill Dinah"? 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Question: What episode were they filming when SA said that Felicity is good at math?

SA told some fans at Fan Expo Canada that Felicity was good at math on Sep. 2. Episode 605 was shooting August 24-September 5, 2017...

-- SA: "I'm here with Sars and Gabrielle [two fans]. And, um, they're trying to get spoilers from me for Season 6 and telling me they're not going to tell anything, but that someone came earlier, said the exact same thing and immediately told them. So I told them that Felicity's good at math. And they're like, 'yeah, yeah, we know that.' I'm like, 'it's important.' So there." (Fan Expo Canada, Sep. 2, 2017: Video in smoakoverwatch tweet, page 1592 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I think they've definitely had sex. We're talking about the two people who got tipsy and jumped each other while broken up last season. I am sure once they got back to the city they tried to make time, i just dont think it involved sleeping over because you know...WILLIAM

5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

So, between the premiere and the 604 description about BS attacking the city again, they're pretty much making it obvious that she won't be redeemed, right?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd kind of like a quote from one of the EPs about BS now that the premiere has aired. I'd like to see them try to explain anyone trying to find good in her after she killed cops and told Lance she'd have pulled the trigger on him. What would be the defense? "Well, he shot her first when she was threatening to kill Dinah"? 

Yeah she was as how Wendy described "A FULL ON VILLAIN". 

• Love 4

After rewatching the premiere and not liking Dinah like I did last season, I couldn't help but think about this:

Will Arrow’s Dinah’s finally, fully embrace the Black Canary identity, or will she struggle with that? —Marcela
Rest assured, with her new costume comes a new confidence. “One of the things that Julianna [Harkavy] has been bringing this season is exactly that,” EP Wendy Mericle told me. “She’s no longer the newbie on the team, she has a definite point of view — and I can tell you that that point of view and her new swagger is going to have some real consequences for the team down the road. Look out for that in the middle of the season.”

I can definitely see why this is going to happen.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ok I'm going to commit to saying they haven't had sex yet!

Because they still seem kinda tentative around each other. Wouldn't he be more gropy if they had sex already. He was only slightly touching so maybe he's not sure how much he can touch yet?

They look like they've talked more than they've touched. I'm thinking TPTB have rebooted the whole relationship and now Olicity are like super close and chat every night but haven't had a session yet.

Haha, I can't believe we're talking about this but I actually don't think O/F have slept together yet? I think they're in an undefined place right now because of William. IDK, they just seemed a bit too hesitant for two people who are sleeping together, IMO? There was a bit of a physical distance. Lots of heart eyes and chemistry and you could tell they want to be together and have clearly spent a lot of time talking/opening up to each other but I don't think they've quite figured out that next step.

I'm actually cool with that though. I'm all for seeing these steps on screen rather than coming back after 5 months and missing it all. 

Edited by Guest

I think they're together but haven't told William yet. From their conversation, I think the fact that Felicity had to ask him why he was inviting her over ("did you need a buffer? Or...?") implies she's spent time with Oliver and William and just Oliver but in different roles depending on the circumstances. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I guess we'll have to read MG's book, Arrow: Fatal Legacies, to find out if O/F slept together during the hiatus. ;)

Oh no, they're gonna put all the emotional reunions in the book instead of on screen, aren't they? ?

Yeah Dinah was pissing me off last night, JH's acting was way too cocky, if it's a specific choice because of her storyline down the middle of the season why is it happening so soon? If she's gonna be like this in every episode, I am going to want to punch her in the face.

Also, literally everyone thought she and Diggle had some sexual tension in those scenes, JH needs to cut back on that a bit because we know Diggle and her aren't happening.

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Also, literally everyone thought she and Diggle had some sexual tension in those scenes, JH needs to cut back on that a bit because we know Diggle and her aren't happening.

Yep. I wonder if it'll change once they introduce Dinah's LI or if we'll still be getting these weird (and way too many) Diggle/Dinah scenes. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Yeah Dinah was pissing me off last night, JH's acting was way too cocky, it it's a specific choice because of her storyline down the middle of the season why is it happening so soon? If she's gonna be like this in every episode, I am going to want to punch her in the face.

What about DR cuttting back on it? I wouldn't trust these writers as far as I could throw them so I still think they would make D/D happen. Everyone can be step parents this season. 

17 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

What about DR cuttting back on it? I wouldn't trust these writers as far as I could throw them so I still think they would make D/D happen. Everyone can be step parents this season. 

I honestly didnt get it from Diggle's perspective, to me it was really one sided. Yeah they have chemistry but from Diggle's perspective its more of a friend. But of course if Audrey was to leave the show, who knows what these writers would do but hopefully knowing how secure that relationship is they wont try to mess it up otherwise they'd be pissing off a lot of people.

I think it's just JH's acting in general, there were some instances where I thought that Lance would actually be her new love interest on the show.

• Love 7