Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, Featherhat said:

She seemed pretty convinced it was happening so I don't think they were taken down because they were wrong but maybe because they were too detailed/spoily. Much as I wish Olicity aren't getting married in the crossover it makes sense give what everyone was saying this Summer rather than DR and SA hyping a WA only wedding.

No, that's what I mean, that the "they" was CW/TPTB. Seeing that SA was pretty ticked at the spoilers, she probably deleted all of the tweets.

4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

In that Space promo, at 0:04, is that a body behind Oliver? I can't tell because the video won't play in anything but very low quality. 

Wow, if Space is running Arrow this year, that means CTV in Canada has basically given up on its ratings. I though CTV2 was bad enough...

6 minutes ago, way2interested said:

No, that's what I mean, that the "they" was CW/TPTB. Seeing that SA was pretty ticked at the spoilers, she probably deleted all of the tweets.

Yes, sorry I got that from your post but I've seen people in other places now questioning if the spoilers were true or not. If SA is so ticked, he probably shouldn't have been the one to start all this wedding speculation in the first place, we wouldn't have been discussing a wedding this soon for months if not for him.

If the Thea speculation is true then ep 7 seems to have a lot going on. Thea waking up, apparent "Queen" family publicity, possibly Oliver getting arrested and/or a lot of people thinking he's GA and that's right before everything goes extra crazy for the crossover and regular storylines are put on hold.

Edited by Featherhat
3 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Is she lemon_buzz? Because I can't see the tweets you guys posted here.

I don't quite understand the paparazzi business model. They want the actors to sign stuff so they can sell it and/or they want to take pics to sell them themselves. But the things they spoil rarely have any pictures accompanying the spoiler. So why spoil it at all? To get traffic? Because judging by MG's words and SA's attitude towards spoilers not given by him, I'd imagine they have a harder time getting him and other actors to sign their stuff. Or am I seeing this completely wrong?

9 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

In that Space promo, at 0:04, is that a body behind Oliver? I can't tell because the video won't play in anything but very low quality. 

I think he's looking down at a body and someone is looking at him in the foreground and we are seeing a blurry version of the back of that person's head. I'm wondering now about the person around 0:24 who's looking down at BS.

Just now, bijoux said:

Is she lemon_buzz? Because I can't see the tweets you guys posted here.

Yep

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I don't quite understand the paparazzi business model. They want the actors to sign stuff so they can sell it and/or they want to take pics to sell them themselves. But the things they spoil rarely have any pictures accompanying the spoiler. So why spoil it at all? To get traffic? Because judging by MG's words and SA's attitude towards spoilers not given by him, I'd imagine they have a harder time getting him and other actors to sign their stuff. Or am I seeing this completely wrong?

I think you answered your own question and also to prove they have legit access maybe? 

3 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Canadagraphs runs a blog, so he probably leaks spoilers to get site traffic. Ken does it just for kicks, I think. I don't think he's an autograph hound.

15 minutes ago, way2interested said:

No, that's what I mean, that the "they" was CW/TPTB. Seeing that SA was pretty ticked at the spoilers, she probably deleted all of the tweets

Uh oh -- did SA have a reaction to the crossover spoilers? 

10 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

The last I heard, CTV or CTV2 is still airing Arrow, just one week after the US broadcast. I think the delay already indicates they don't care about ratings.

That's true. I'm guessing since Bell owns both CTV and Space, Arrow won't run a week later on CTV2 after all -- just on Space. At least Cdns who don't have the CW won't have to wait to see new eps. (Weirdly, Bell stuck Supergirl on Showcase instead of Space.)

Just now, Midnight Lullaby said:

So Thea isn't in the crossover according to Reddit..

So they're just completely done with Thea as an important part of Oliver's life, right? I mean yay for William (probably) not standing up there as his Dad's best man or something but Thea not there either? And Oliver apparently getting on with his life for 7 episodes including going with Slade to find his son whilst his sister whom he was insanely obsessive about in previous seasons is in a coma? I mean I assume they'll show him upset etc but they just seem done with her and there are conflicting reports about who wanted WHs ep order reduced her or them.

I'm starting to wonder if they really are bringing Roy back to write WH out of the show? Thea can go off with Roy and not be killed off. Otherwise IDK why they can't just make her Speedy again. Or is this a case of there can only be one female costume on the team now? 

6 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

they just seem done with her and there are conflicting reports about who wanted WHs ep order reduced her or them.

I still have a feeling it is combination of both. I'd assume that she might have set it off and they then turned around and pushed her into this reduced role which they might even be happy about because quite honestly, I always thought they never really knew what to do with her. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

they really are bringing Roy back to write WH out of the show? 

If they don't know what to do with her anymore, then this would be a nice exit for her without having to kill her.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

IDK why they can't just make her Speedy again. Or is this a case of there can only be one female costume on the team now? 

It seems like this is the case, doesn't it? They only had Thea suit up twice last year (right?) in 501 to find Oliver before the recruits joined and then in 509 to stand on a roof after they found out about Evelyn's betrayal, then she disappeared for the out-of-town conference overnight between 509 and 510, and in 511, they recruited Dinah. 

And now with Thea in a coma, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually have her have a realistic recovery, so there won't/can't be any suiting up as Speedy after the crossover either.  

• Love 1

This talk of Thea and Roy reminds to SA's recent answer about his favorite sidekick. He said Roy, because Thea will always be Oliver's family no matter what. It could make sense with this speculation. Roy shows back up (and Oliver and the audience are reminded of what a good sidekick he was), and then Thea leaves with him, but not before she, Oliver or the both of them proclaim that they'll always be family, no matter what. I don't see that happening so early on in the season unless WH's 13 episode count got reduced to, like, 3. And if she wakes up in 607, she could be recuperating during the crossover. It would make more sense than last year when she could barely be bothered to help when Oliver was kidnapped and the team was really pared down, but then went, whee, aliens for the corssover. I'm still rooting for her coma to be medically induced. It would explain why Oliver isn't wringing his hands impotently since her life wouldn't be in danger, but it would simply be a waiting game until she wakes up.

• Love 2

Honestly, this post funeral double wedding sounds like such the cheesiest cheese to ever cheese. I feel like even a soap writer would be like "Nah man, double wedding, too corny."  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Never want to hear the word organic from these people again. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

It's not all on DR, SA was doing his own spoiling.

Yup, he was the one who signed that fan's pic "next time its the real thing" which set the whole damn frenzy in motion. There always have been various leaks in production, some of them unofficially deliberate. This wasn't going to stay a secret until it happened no matter what.

• Love 1

SA probably wants to be in control of the content himself. I mean, he is the one still trying to sell that everyone is dead. 

Btw: Interesting to read that SA communicates with them. That gives calling the paps a whole new meaning. 

That being said, I like spoilers but I do admit some things should be kept under wraps. Then again if you film in a public venue it might be difficult.

As for the actual spoilers: Is it bad that I am not the biggest fan of a double wedding and Thea’ s  coma? This is too much (even for me) on the soap opera level. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Belinea said:

SA probably wants to be in control of the content himself. I mean, he is the one still trying to sell that everyone is dead. 

That being said, I like spoilers but I do admit some things should be kept under wraps. Then again if you film in a public venue it might be difficult.

As for the actual spoilers: Is it bad that I am not the biggest fan of a double wedding and Thea’ s  coma? This is too much (even for me) on the soap opera level. 

Nope, way soap opera, especially with a (probably) dead babymama and trying to be a Dad drama. I have a feeling Masks! Action! people are going to be complaining all season long, especially if ratings are down on Thursdays. They'd better hope Vigilante, Anatoly and Richard Dragon are good villains.

SA was the one who spoiled MB's return on twitter wasn't he? Which lead to a(nother) MB melt down where he called people horrible names for thinking he'd go back to Arrow and then tried to cover his face when he arrived in Van. Besides SA spoiled the wedding himself months ago, not just DR Double Crossover Wedding talk started way before SDCC.

8 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I feel bad for Thea..at the very least they could have her appear in the crossover. I think since she skips some episodes all together she can have a significant arc in the second half.

I can't wait to see the pics tbh.

I hope she has a good arc in 6b but I'm not hopeful because she had mostly scraps even when she was in the episodes last year or when she had more Oliver turned on her for exposing, sorry, being really, really mean to his 5 minute girlfriend who had done a hack job on Thea herself or finding out her non supervillain Dad accidentally murdered someone and covered it up.

If they aren't going to write for her, I'd rather she go off with Roy, but I think his ep will be before her 13 episodes are up. I suppose she could always go with him and come back for a while for some reason.

Edited by Featherhat
14 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Btw: Interesting to read that SA communicates with them. That gives calling the paps a whole new meaning. 

I wonder if he DMs the paps to ask them to stop giving spoilers in exchange for autos/pics? It seems weird for him to have any sort of relationship with these guys, given how much he claims to hate spoilers.

Also, I'm having a really hard time reconciling the fact that Thea is in a coma for the first 7 episodes of the season with SA saying that Oliver is really content this year...

19 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I feel bad for Thea..at the very least they could have her appear in the crossover. I think since she skips some episodes all together she can have a significant arc in the second half.

I can't wait to see the pics tbh.

Do you think we'll get pictures or they'll be too scared to post them since tweets are being deleted.

8 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I wonder if he DMs the paps to ask them to stop giving spoilers in exchange for autos/pics? It seems weird for him to have any sort of relationship with these guys, given how much he claims to hate spoilers.

Also, I'm having a really hard time reconciling the fact that Thea is in a coma for the first 7 episodes of the season with SA saying that Oliver is really content this year...

I think it's pretty common for C/D listers to have a working relationship with paps for self-promotion especially one such as SA who's public persona is tied so closely to his businesses.

Yeah, S6 Oliver is sounding too much like S5 Oliver if he's all happy family with his semi-orphaned kid while Thea is languishing in a coma. That's messed up, dude. I think it's just another PR failure. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

Well despite what some people claim she is a popular character and if she's at Iris's Bachelorette party she's obviously invited to the wedding or even in the wedding party so she'll be there for the SG set up and obvious Arrow and LOT (assuming celebrating defeating Nazis/funeral/weddings etc) and if they're setting up the wedding in the 2nd hour they'll most probably need her in the Flash portion for at least that if not technical knowledge.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Trisha said:

That's true. I'm guessing since Bell owns both CTV and Space, Arrow won't run a week later on CTV2 after all -- just on Space. At least Cdns who don't have the CW won't have to wait to see new eps. (Weirdly, Bell stuck Supergirl on Showcase instead of Space.)

I take it as they value the Canadian Arrow audience.  First they tried to put the show on 6 days late. Now they've moved it to another of their channels so that the episode can be shown at the same time as in the US.  As well as Supernatural, Space also has ST: Discovery, Orphan Black, Doctor Who and Killjoys among others.

6 hours ago, Trisha said:

I' vaguely remembering last season or the one before where he contacted the paps to ask them not to spoil things in exchange for access to him so they could take some photographs.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I' vaguely remembering last season or the one before where he contacted the paps to ask them not to spoil things in exchange for access to him so they could take some photographs.

I think I recall that as well. I wonder if he considers these latest spoilers a breach of the agreement.  

6 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Is (vomits) an editorial here or does someone actually vomit?

I wonder the same, was that an editorial on Reddit? LOL ?

I'm guessing Barry vomits because he's nervous or, "walk" is really super speed and Diggle does his normal vomiting after super speed.