Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

She also played judge, jury, and executioner on the guy she suspected of killing Sara in 302. She even pulled the trigger. The only reason she didn't kill the guy was because Oliver took the bullets out of the gun. LL fans never remember that incident either.

Good point.

51 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Laurel killed the guy in the Brother Blood mask (I think that was 212), but for some reason the people that write these never seem to remember that.

21 minutes ago, bijoux said:

She also totally would have killed that one VoTW if Oliver hadn't removed the bullets from the gun. 

She also tried to kill Malcolm Merlyn in season 3, but failed miserably - as was usually the case for her character. 

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

She also played judge, jury, and executioner on the guy she suspected of killing Sara in 302. She even pulled the trigger. The only reason she didn't kill the guy was because Oliver took the bullets out of the gun. LL fans never remember that incident either.

Yep. If not for Oliver's intervention, she would've killed that guy. 

Just like if not for Barry, BS would've killed everyone in the building over on The Flash. 

And if no one dies in the two explosions - SCPD and the bunker - BS sets off as seen in the promos for season 6, it won't be because she didn't want anyone to die. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

and that could put her back on the path of good. She’ll never be completely good, but perhaps that’s for the best. Laurel was always too pure for Arrow; she wanted justice for everyone, and she could never truly get behind how dark Oliver’s path was. Black Siren can, however. She’s embraced the darkness inside; being the Black Canary means finding the justice and light inside, which is why Sara was never the Black Canary.

This is not an insult but Laurel was never a "pure" character, nor should she have been. She had her demons, substance abuse, work issues, etc and she wasn't above going around the law to achieve what she saw as the right thing or even to get what she wanted like her job back. IIRC, she never even questioned Oliver's methods until Tommy died? Also pretty sure "justice for everyone" didn't include Tommy. ?

Black Siren doesn't seem like she would be down with Oliver not killing people, even for expediency's sake. 

ETA: Off-topic, @tv echo, when you post transcripts of controversial articles, do you feel like people are yelling at you when they quote? ?

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, tv echo said:

William is a 12-year-old, played by a 14-year-old. If Jack Moore has another growth spurt and/or suddenly deepens his voice when he turns 15, then it will look ridiculous if a 12 or 13 year old is played someone who looks or sounds much older. So they'd either have to ship William off somehow or recast the character.

All they really need to do is get to when William would hit puberty (13) and then call him advanced for his age and handwave the voice change and height as an early growth spurt.  

19 hours ago, leopardprint said:

ETA: Off-topic, @tv echo, when you post transcripts of controversial articles, do you feel like people are yelling at you when they quote? ?

No, but I do get concerned that some might think that I'm the one saying this stuff, rather than just quoting articles. ;)

After listening to Manu Bennett's panel at MCM Scotland Comic Con, I hope the kid that they cast to play 10-year-old Joe Wilson is a better actor than Myson.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

NYC gives you stickers when you vote, it tickles me that Star City apparently does the same thing, if that's a sticker on Oliver's suit. 

He's is looking a little rough there ... also, I know it's just a bad crease but something looks like it's wriggling away :P

Last, is Oliver about to make a speech again? In the second photo with this tweet it looks like there are people at the bottom of the stairs. I'm really finding all these speeches boring already. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Wasn't he temporarily appointed mayor? 

I thought they had an election last year, LOL. Guess that shows how much it stuck with me.

29 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Last, is Oliver about to make a speech again? In the second photo with this tweet it looks like there are people at the bottom of the stairs. I'm really finding all these speeches boring already. 

No - there's video of the filming of this scene - he meets Quentin and Rene at the bottom of the stairs and the FBI agent (Samanda?) comes up to talk to them. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

But really, I don't think he needs to give any long campaign speeches, just say: "I was your mayor last year. I wasn't killed. Star City wasn't attacked in May. Vote for me!" 

Co-sign. He's done better than anyone in the five years preceding him.

• Love 2

I think he was annointed temporary Mayor because the Mayor who won the election died and he had the next most votes albeit he was written in by the public. But I'm pretty sure they mentioned that there would be another election in a few months not almost two years later though? 

2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I could swear I asked this question last year here and someone told me they had the election during the summer hiatus..

Yeah, I think in an early season 5 episode it was mentioned that he'd been elected during the hiatus but I can't remember when it was said or by who. 

I think it was in 4.5, because I at least remember one of the thugs who kidnapped Oliver in 501 told Oliver he didn't vote for him while Oliver replied "it's ok, I ran unopposed," but it's a weird schedule for there to be an election in April (and then an official one during summer) and then the next real one being in November. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Special elections maybe?  

What a coincidence that the special elections happen at the same time the city seems to think/know he's the Green Arrow and that an FBI agent is investigating him! And I bet Oliver is just conveniently leading a friendly fundraiser with a picturesque appearance of his gf and his newly reunited son totally without the intention of swaying people! XD

I meant maybe the two earlier ones were special elections, due to the previous mayors dying in office, and then this one is actually at the normal time.  

I don't know why I'm trying to make sense of Arrow's timelines though - lol. :)

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I meant maybe the two earlier ones were special elections, due to the previous mayors dying in office, and then this one is actually at the normal time.  

Yeah, I kind of figured that (although still technically off since more elections happen towards the beginning of November and not near the end), but then just figured why not just chalk it up to dramatic coincidence instead?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I may not like the crossover wedding idea but CG & co losing it is hilarious.

Yeah. I'm not a fan of the timing (assuming it is in the crossover), but I am a fan of watching anti-shippers lose their sh*t, so...thumbs up.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8

I'm so conflicted right now. I mean, yay for Olicity getting married but noooooo, I didn't want it to happen in the crossover. This is just not a good idea at all.

I am enjoying the taste of male tears though. ?

After 5 months of "who is dead" on Arrow, I dont think they'd have the balls to kill off anyone during the crossover. Enough death for that show. 

I guess Olicity will either get married during The Flash or at the end on LoT and maybe the death is at the beginning of the crossover? Anyone getting married so soon after seems weird. 

7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

After 5 months of "who is dead" on Arrow, I dont think they'd have the balls to kill off anyone during the crossover. Enough death for that show. 

I guess Olicity will either get married during The Flash or at the end on LoT and maybe the death is at the beginning of the crossover? Anyone getting married so soon after seems weird. 

Do you mean the other way around? Wedding first then death? 

Not sure if it would good or bad if Felicity doesn't get the traditional Jewish wedding customs given the highly inappropriate theme of the crossover.

...ayayay this show...

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I'm really really really hoping it's like the public proposal. I hated the idea but I love how it turned out.

8/10 whenever I think something Olicity-related is going to be bad I end up loving it, so I actually have a lot of hope for this one! Although it might be just all of the reactions happening now that's putting me in an excited mood.

• Love 2

hehe Twitter is celebrating!!!!

Oh I am such a......I don't have a suitable word!

After bitching like hell about a crossover wedding I'M JUST SO FREAKING HAPPY THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED I AM GRINNING LIKE AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mr and Mrs Queen!!!!!!

I am just a mere mortal I cannot resist going SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*ponders wearing Felicity's pink Ted Baker dress to the Olicity Wedding*

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I think Ken said Olicity's wedding happens in the Arrow episode. 

Oh that's good. Maybe the OTA moment DR teased is O/F deciding to have a quiet wedding before WA's (so it happens on Arrow) and Diggle officiates that with only a couple witnesses, then by the time the WA wedding comes around (assuming it happens), he volunteers to officiate for them?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I think Ken said Olicity's wedding happens in the Arrow episode. 

When someone asked if his filming news involved Arrow he said kind of,  the arrow cast. I took that to mean it wasn't on Arrow.

• Love 1
Just now, Chaser said:

When someone asked if his filming news involved Arrow he said kind of,  the arrow cast. I took that to mean it wasn't on Arrow.

My mistake! I skimmed a tweet instead of reading it properly. 

It'd be dumb not to have their wedding in the Arrow episode though. I know they expect everyone to watch all parts but not everyone does. I definitely didn't last year. 

I'm still hating the idea but kind of laughing at the symmetry that Oliver has a planned wedding with Laurel in last year's crossover that doesn't go through, and a presumably unplanned one to Felicity in this year's episodes that does.

• Love 13